Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 8

Server started; please wait for map to
refresh.

Tygaran has connected.

Xie has connected.

Xie:

Sup

Jshock-GM:

woah, I haven’t even announced on the
forums…

Jshock-GM:

So, it turns out the blurb I found on
XP costs for upgrades was an artifact. Jeffg is probably going to
want to mod your guns before we start.

Xie:

lol

Jshock-GM:

Can someone do me a favor and roll
over one of the NPCs? I think I have the stat sheet problem fixed.

Xie:

I’m happy to have my gun(s) modded

Xie:

I can only see my own statsheet, not
the NPCs, nor the other PCs

Jshock-GM:

Excellent.

Tygaran:

I can see my own stats on roll over,
but no one else’s now

Jshock-GM:

good good

Jshock-GM:

strict token ownership was off, didn’t
realize it

Foxtrot has connected.

Jshock-GM:

3/5

Foxtrot:

Hey guys

Jshock-GM:

oi

Foxtrot:

SPACE, THE FINAL FRONTIER

Jshock-GM:

Wrong game…

Foxtrot:

:P

Foxtrot:

Overloaded with Star wars this
morning. OTher GM FINALLY sent his email. We’re on a 3 week real
time= 3 month narrative email adventure hiatus

Jshock-GM:

I’ve never done PbEM

Xie:

Hahahaha

Xie:

It’s not PbEM, it’s tabletop

Xie:

But the GM emails side adventures and
backstories and stuf

Jshock-GM:

Ah, I see

Foxtrot:

The players tend to email each other
with convos that take play out of game time.

Xie:

… if and when he gets around to it XD

Foxtrot:

And the GM uses the email stuff to
advance narrative.

Foxtrot:

Haha yeaaaaaah

Foxtrot:

Oh sorry xie :P

Foxtrot:

didn’t read your thing

Xie:

Yeah, because its D20 combat takes
AAAAAAAGES so players don’t always get a chance to roleplay as
much as they’d like… :P

Xie:

At least… if it’s anything like I
remember it ;)

Foxtrot:

It’s also nice because I’m meant to be
playing an inventor, and I feel like the nature (I SHOULD AHVE
LEARNECD FROM MY SATYR XIE) of gaming doens’t lend well to me
being able to do it as much as I should. So 3 months off give me a
chance to invent stuff.

Foxtrot:

Lol Yep

Xie:

Hahahaha, yeah it’s an adventure game,
not a sitting around making stuff game!! :3

Foxtrot:

Combat way too long

Foxtrot:

Not like this awesome system.

Xie:

This system is so awesome

Jshock-GM:

There’s finally sort of a release date
for the book; a 3rd party seller has preorders up on Amazon July
15th

Foxtrot:

Oh neat! So I’ll get it for Christmas :(

Xie:

Nice!

Jshock-GM:

Maybe

Foxtrot:

Oh yeah it’s FFG, maybe next year :P

Jshock-GM:

Sort of assumes they aren’t
intercepted by pirates or something

Foxtrot:

I’m not sure how much it is FFG and
how much it is shitty Australia.

Foxtrot:

Yeah, I’m going with Pirates.

Xie:

Yeah the pacific ocean is rife with
pirates

Jshock-GM:

It’s what I’m told. Sections of the
Indian ocean & off the coast of the mini dragons that the USN
won’t go

Foxtrot:

Pretty much, cept the ‘mini’ part.
That’s jsut a cover up. Don’t be fooled. ZIETGEIST@@@@@@@

Foxtrot:

Lololo

Foxtrot:

Sigh, so tired.

Jshock-GM:

That conspirasy is so deep, it caused
the Zeitgeist guy to smoke bath salts and masturbate in public

Jshock-GM:

Or was that the Kony guy?

JeffG has connected.

Foxtrot:

XD

JeffG:

Apologies about the wait. Eating took
longer than expected.

Foxtrot:

I havebn’t had much sleep so I started
giggling and couldn’t stop.

JeffG:

What, you don’t scream at the walls?

Jshock-GM:

I hallucinate sometimes.

Jshock-GM:

Either that, or the lizard men are
really here among us. I can’t tell, nor do I care.

Foxtrot:

I do hallucinate sometimes, but I’m
not that sleep deprived. Just stayed up way too late into the wee
hours, and it was very difficult getting out of bed.

JeffG:

They’re snakemen.

Jshock-GM:

Are not.

JeffG:

Are too! XCOM!

Jshock-GM:

Bob, my spirit bear told me.

Jshock-GM:

Anyway, did you want to roll for mods?

Jshock-GM:

Or do you want to hold off?

Foxtrot:

I real that as "Do you want to roll
for spirit bears"

Foxtrot:

*read

Foxtrot:

To which I was about to reply "HELL
YES"

JeffG:

Hey, spirit Obi-Wan brings spirit
bears.

Jshock-GM:

You can roll for spirit bears if you
want.

Foxtrot:

Then realise I was bleeding lines

JeffG:

We’ll load them in special cartridges
and shoot them out of our guns.

Foxtrot:

Oh gawd, yes.

Jshock-GM:

That’d be rude.

Xie:

XD

Foxtrot:

Now I’m sad. Poor bears.

Mathus:

Lasers and spirits should be similar
energy, after all.

Mathus:

Why? They get to maul people at light
speed.

Mathus:


makes a Destiny check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 0 / Dark Side: 1

Jaana Raeth:


makes a More Light Side? check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 0 / Dark Side: 1

Jshock-GM:

Right? You’re just chilling out on the
astral, talking to butterflies and then you’re shot out of a
mortar tube or something.

Jaana Raeth: (( fate starts against us… ))

Vale:


makes a All the spirit bears check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0

Vale:

SPIRIT BEARS ARE TRUELY GOOD

Vale:

None of this evil spirit stuff

Taliq:


makes a Use the forks luke! check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 1 / Dark Side: 0

Taliq: (( lol I opened the wrong dice box
again :P
))

Jshock-GM:


makes a Lowurra is sleeping and should not be shot out of a
mortar tube, even though he sort of looks like a spirit bear

check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

INCREASE THE FORCE

Vale:

Two! It’s cuz you equated hi mto
spirit bears

Vale:

Well not equated, cuz yo usaid he
wasn’t

Vale:

BUT YOU KNOW

Mathus:

Face it, laser fights would be so
much cooler if they were weaponized spirit bears.

Jshock-GM:

I think we are straying from our
intended purpose.

Mathus:

Astral butterflies could substitute
for machine gun fire.

Jshock-GM:

Unless someone wants to wait for
Drekkan> I propose we begin.

Taliq: (( The wookiee cavalry! ))

Jshock-GM:

Shall I recap?

Vale:

Sure!

Taliq:

By all means! _

Jshock-GM:

So be it. Prepare yourselves…

Mathus:

Yeah. And give us some leeway on
mixing up the names?

Jshock-GM:

SESSION RECAP





When we last left our crew, they had spent some time in
NEW MEEN, mourning the loss of their friend B’URA B’AN and
gathering their resolve. MATHUS took it upon himself to
upgrade some of the crew’s weapons with spare parts he
found at the DROMBB COMPLEX.

Later, the headed back
to NABAT at the request of NYN, leader of the RYLOTHIAN
LIBERATION FRONT. A friend of hers, a Bothan referring to
himself as OTA, requested that the party represent him at
the party of DUKE PIDDOCK… after informing them of the
50,000 credit bounty on their heads! The request was not
totally self serving, as it let them eventually smuggle
themselves into the palace of the dread crime lord, TEEMO
THE HUTT. Doing so might cost the party more than they had
bargained for, however…

Mathus:

Piddock was the former Hutter, and
who’s serving Hutt now? checks notes

Taliq: (( Or was it the Liberation Front of
Ryloth? ))

Jshock-GM:

Oh, I’m not budgin on names, You call
the party host by the wrong one, the outcome will be HILARIOUS.

Taliq: (( Hilarity here we come!! XD ))

Mathus: (( Oh fuck it. ))

Upon concluding the meeting…

Ota:

"I’ll need to make some arrangements
with my tailor, get you guys suited up. One more thing; they seem
to think I’m an arms dealer, and most of the other guests probably
will be too; but the people who go to these sorts of things don’t
just say what they do, it’s just not done. You’ll have to come up
with a second cover to deal with the other guests. Anything will
do, really; it just has to be something plausible. They shouldn’t
pry too hard."

Mathus:

"Mechanic."

  • Mathus pauses.





Mathus:

"Or is it supposed to be a second
illegal job to cover our actual illegal job?"

  • Taliq shrugs





Ota:

"…perhaps you should maybe go with
something more underground…"

Taliq:

"Mercenary works either way."

Mathus:

"Mechanics can be underground. Who do
you think fixes all the illegal weapons?"

Ota:

"As I said, I’ll leave it up to you. I’m
sure someone here understands discretion."

  • Taliq smirks





Ota:

  • Ota gets up to leave

in any case, Nyn gives you 3000 credits to put towards new rifles
for the revolution. In the morning, Ota directs you towards his
clothier, where you spend the day having personally tailored clothing
made for you. Ota calls you the morning after that.

Jshock-GM: (( what do you guys end up doing
for clothes? ))

Vale:

"Damn, I make this look good."

  • Mathus is obviously lost.





Mathus:

"…Uh, what’s good clothes?"

Mathus:

"I mean, I only heard of tuxedos as
rumors…"

Jshock-GM: (( he shows you a bunch of
possible things… none of which are covered in dust. Very odd. ))

Vale:

"Something well fitting, clean, and
complement your eyes."

Taliq: (( jk ))

  • Mathus looks distraught.





Mathus:

"…Here, Taliq?"

Jshock-GM: (( since he’s not actually here
to defend himself… ))

Taliq: (( HAHAHAHAHAHA XD ))

Lowurra:

  • Lowurra orders a set of costume armor, with a
    false bandolier.

Taliq: (( XD ))

Taliq: (( that’s so great ))

  • Mathus glances at Taliq.

  • Taliq shrugs





  • Taliq:

    "Um… That one!"

    • Mathus looks at that one.


    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus probably gets scrubbed
    down by someone, too… shave and a haircut, manicure, etc ))


  • Taliq points at something with a cumerbund

  • Vale picks out something that fits his
    lines, and brings out the green, brown and gold in his eyes.



  • Vale: (( what the shit am I writing? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( are you fey? ))


    Taliq: (( XD ))

  • Mathus tries out the one Taliq pointed out.

  • Taliq looks at dresses with massive
    carriages, wondering if she can smuggle in her carbine within one…



  • Mathus: (( "No matter how much I scrub, the
    grease won’t come off his skin!" ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana, you still going as Kate
    Beckingsdale at the oscars? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Ha, I suppose smuggling a gun
    in under your skirt isn’t impossible, if you want to try ))




    Jshock-GM: (( your carbine is probably still
    @ 3 feet long, however… ))






    Taliq:

    I was joking… BUT any chance I can
    pick up some kind of hold-out blaster?

    Jaana Raeth: (( I think this is the right
    person…
    http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/kate_beckinsale_2-wide.jpg
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( OK, got it ))

    Taliq: (( You’d better be including those
    hoop earings XD ))

    Taliq: (( We can use them as binder cuffs if
    we need to ))

    Jshock-GM: (( does Mathus still have his
    holdout? ))

    Mathus: (( Yep. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( you could certainly find one,
    if you want – cheap at 300 credits ))

    Jshock-GM: (( actually, let me check
    something – that might have been one of the guns they upped the damage
    on a point… ))

    Taliq: (( OK, Taliq will wear this dress if
    Vale wears the suit http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VBgRR8zV0vk/UTA8GqfxROI/AAAAAAAAARM/WgCsfCZc1Wg/s1600/pinkdress.png
    ))

    Vale: (( is searching franticlaly for
    something cool to be part of the gang ))

    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Holdout Blaster

    R (Lt)

    Short

    5



    • You deal 5 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Jshock-GM: (( Profile is the same ))

    Mathus: (( So does Taliq ask Mathus for his
    holdout blaster? ))

    Taliq: (( Not at the tailor, but she
    certainly does after they’ve left ;)
    ))

    • Taliq requests a ball gown with a massive
      carriage, including gratuitious metal boning



    Taliq: (( To fowl up metal detectors! _ ))


    Jshock-GM: (( right, because detectors only
    detect metal. ))



    Taliq: (( *foul ))


    Taliq: (( Obviously! :P
    ))



    Taliq: (( Oh no! Space gun detectors!!! :O
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( also, you said "gratuitous
    metal bonings".. heh heh.. ))



    Taliq: (( lol boning ))


    Ota calls you the morning after that…


    Vale: (( haven’t been able to find something
    decent as a reference, so let’s jsut say I look dapper. ))






    Ota:

    "The party is due to start in 12 hours;
    more than enough time to jump to geonosis and get settled.
    Remember: the day after the party, fly west to Trellik hive to
    meet with duke Dimmock. When you land, contact me before you meet
    with him so we can plan our next move."

    Taliq: (( No you dress like Mal and I dress
    like Kaylee :P
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll assume you’re wearing
    some sort of cut futuristic business suit. ))

    Vale: (( yeah that’s where my head is at ))

    Vale: (( :P
    like that? Xie ))

    Taliq: (( YES THAT XD ))

    Vale: (( doing it! ))

    Taliq:

    "Hey Mathus…"

    Mathus:

    "Okay, so… Duke Piddock’s party
    first, then meet with Duke Dimmock the day after in Trellik hive.
    Contact you when you land. I got that right?"

    Taliq:

    "Do you know anything about getting
    dresses off in a hurry?"

    • Mathus pauses at Taliq’s comment. He blinks
      for a moment.






    Ota:

    "That’s right."

    Mathus:

    "…I wish I did, Taliq."

    Taliq:

    "Do you think we can rig this thing so
    the carriage can come off? Like… mechanically…"

    Mathus:

    "Uhh…"

    • Mathus inspects the carriage.

  • Taliq inspects the carriage


  • Jshock-GM: (( I’ll warn you; this will
    require rolls… and I will raise the stakes on them. ))






    Taliq:

    "You know, I don’t even know how it
    works as is… Maybe we shouldn’t mess with it…"

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Mathus:

    "I’ve never rigged a piece of clothing
    to explode before."

    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHA ))

    Taliq:

    "Nevermind, just… give me that
    holdout blaster."

    Jshock-GM: (( I would say you can tear it
    away if you need to move in a fight, but it will ruin the dress. ))

    Mathus:

    "Mine?"

    Taliq:

    "Well I don’t have one, so yes,
    yours…"

    • Taliq looks pensive for a moment

  • Mathus ponders, shrugs, hands it over.


  • Jshock-GM: (( Bossy tonight… ))





    Taliq:

    "Please?"

    • Mathus already handed it over.





    Taliq:

    "Thanks!"

    Mathus:

    "Just cover me while I’m punching
    people, okay?"

    Taliq:

    "Always"

    Mathus:

    "I’ll pick up a spare off the first
    dead guy in the fight."

    Taliq: (( cough except for the last fight
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    * finally meets up with the group…
    hair neatly done up rather than left wild… *

    Taliq:

    "You can have it back once we’re
    inside for all I care, I just figure I’ve got a better chance of
    getting it in"

    Jshock-GM: (( I think I remember mentioning
    that the combat gloves probably wouldn’t be appropriate party attire? ))

    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHA nice token change XD ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( just the portrait and handout…
    ))

    Vale: (( heh nice ))

    Jshock-GM: (( purdy ))

    Taliq: (( Kate looks so different in that
    photo ))

    • Mathus raises an eyebrow at Jaana’s look.


    Mathus: (( You did. Luckily bare-fisted works
    just as well. ))



    Mathus: (( Only thing it’s really missing is the
    stun proc. ))






    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Shock Gloves

    Brawl

    Engaged

    3



    • You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict 3 strain (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .

    Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Fists

    Brawl

    Engaged

    3



    • You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Mathus: (( Yeah, even has the same crit rating.
    ))

    Taliq: (( lol, youo’re aguably better at
    brawling than I am at shooting a pistol :P
    ))

    Having no other business on Ryloth, you board the Krayt Fang and
    plot a hyperspace course to the planet Geonosis. The device Ota gave you
    does its job; you are directed to land on a platform on Gogun hive. You
    disembark, wher several drones escort you to rooms deeper in the hive.

    Mathus: (( It’s 1/3 vs 0/4 ))

    • Mathus follows them, looking around warily.


    You are given time to settle in; later you are escorted to the
    audience chamber of duke Piddock.



    Mathus: (( Oh, quick recall: ))


    Jshock-GM: (( sure ))


    Mathus: (( Duke Piddock’s holding the ball, used
    to work for Teemo. Duke Dimmock’s the one working with Teemo now. And
    Sivor’s the guy Teemo doesn’t want them finding out about… for some
    reason. ))






    Taliq:

    "You guys do the talking. I’ll be
    there for backup, in case things get ugly."

    Jshock-GM: (( that’s the gist. ))

    • Mathus looks shocked, gives a "Who, me?"
      gesture.



    Jshock-GM: (( I think Vale is your face now
    ))



    Taliq: (( And we’re… doing what again? XD
    ))



    Taliq: (( Do we want to find out why Piddock
    bailed on Teemo? ))



    Vale: (( had to grab the cat, she got out ))


    Taliq: (( Beast!! ))


    Mathus: (( Yeah. See if that can’t help us
    persuade Dimmock to drop Teemo. ))



    Taliq: (( That’s it, find out why Piddock
    ditched on Teemo, and maybe mention it to Dimmock in hopes that he does
    too ))



    Taliq: (( And if we can’t, we just waste
    them, and everyone else at the party? No wait, that wasn’t the plan at
    all… :P
    ))



    Vale: (( before going in Vale says, let’s
    just get a sense of this guy at first. We’re here for hte time being, no
    need to rush it. ))


  • Mathus just… nods at that.


  • Jshock-GM: (( please, just do me this favor;
    don’t force me to make up impromptu combat stats for party guests ))



    Taliq: (( XD ))


    Mathus: (( Oh BTW, is there any way Mathus can
    tap into the local news networks / etc to try and find out more about
    Sivor? ))



    Vale: (( Ih god, no! ))


    Jshock-GM: (( hmm, that sounds like
    something you could do. Give me a 3d Computers to search. ))



    Vale: (( is this the audience Ota set up or
    were we asked to come here after we landed? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( This was all part of the plan.
    They think you’re his reps, they set you up with rooms for the night so
    yiu can crash after the party. ))



    Vale: (( sweet deal ))


    Mathus: (( Hmm, you guys mind if I boost the
    Computers search? ))



    Vale: (( GO for it ))





    Mathus:

    Spending a Destiny to boost it.

    Jshock-GM:

    Sure

    Mathus:


    makes a Computers check!

                  

    Successes:  1  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Triumph: 1

    Taliq: (( We do have a lot of force, but I’m
    not sure if its that important a check :P
    ))

    Vale: (( I’ve got my openern ready so just
    let me know when we’re actually talking to the guy ))

    Mathus:

    And it pays off.

    Taliq: (( lol turns out it was worth it XD ))

    Mathus:

    Hey, I’ll take a Boost for a Triumph.

    Mathus:

    So one success, one Triumph.

    Jshock-GM: (( Woot! How do we spend that
    truimph? ))

    Mathus:

    The obvious way I can think of is
    finding out something vital about Sivor… or perhaps
    evidence/proof Teemo’s involved with his death.

    Jshock-GM: (( Hmm, OK. We’ll do this, since
    I have the clue on hand: ))

    As Mathus gets used to his new clothes while en route to Geonosis,
    he paces the engineering and prisoner holds. That’s when he spots it; in
    one of the force cages, he sees a piece of carapace, with curious
    designs inscribed on it…

    Jshock-GM: (( As for the news… ))

    You scan the local channels, looking for relevant news. You notice
    an article about a drone technician named Sivor, missing for weeks.
    Sivor is noted for having designs inscribed on his carapace…

    • Mathus blinks, strides back to the force
      cages, picks up the carapace.






    Mathus:

    Does it look like… schematics?

    Jshock-GM: (( …no. More like tribal
    designs – swirls, spots, stripes… ))

    Mathus: (( Ah damn. Thought he was hardcore
    enough to tattoo drone schematics on his hide. ))

    • Mathus calls in the other crewmates.





    Mathus:

    "Look what I found."

    Jshock-GM: (( so you find the article,
    flashback to the piece of carapace you found, make the connection ))

    Taliq:

    "A piece of someone’s armor?"

    • Mathus brings up the news article on Sivor
      he found. He scrolls down to part about tribal designs.






    Mathus:

    "I found it in the holding cells. Seem
    similar?"

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    Taliq:

    "… should it?"

    Mathus:

    "Sivor’s a missing technician Teemo
    did something to. I think this is part of his carapace."

    Taliq:

    "Oh… Messy…"

    Mathus:

    "It looks like Trex captured him, but
    part of him was left behind."

    Taliq:

    "So we have evidence of Sivor’s
    demise… But can we link this to Teemo?"

    • Jaana Raeth unconsciously plays the modestly
      attractive wall flower at the party.. having a mere Persence of 2 and no
      social skills trained…


  • Mathus pauses.





  • Mathus:

    "Trex’s computer banks. Didn’t he have
    records of every bounty he brought in?"

    • Mathus glances at Jaana.





    Taliq:

    "He may have done! Or even security
    footage?"

    Jshock-GM: (( Oh, did you guys ever settle
    on a cover? ))

    • Mathus pauses and nods.


    Mathus: (( I’m going with underworld mechanic. ))





    Mathus:

    "Jaana, how did you bring up his
    bounty records before?"

    Taliq: (( I’m happy to assist someone with a
    computers check, I have 1/2 ))

    Mathus: (( I’m assuming since Jaana brought them
    up before, we won’t need to make a Computers check to do so again? ))

    Vale: (( I think we got as far as Merc, to
    be honest. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( nah, you can talk to the ship
    through your pad, find it again. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( random mercs, kk ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "As much random chance as deliberate
    searching. I was just tryign to deal with the warnign lights at
    the time."

    Mathus:

    "Right… let’s see…"

    • Mathus begins searching the ship’s logs
      through his datapad.



    Mathus hunts through the ship’s records. He does find an entry for
    a geonosian drone, earmarked for one of Teemo’s many gladiatorial
    ‘tournaments’..






    Taliq:

    "… messy"

    Vale:

    "Curioser and curios..er"

    Mathus:

    Does it seem like it’d be the same
    caste as Sivor?

    Mathus:

    Also, Mathus will check that entry’s
    date and compare it to Sivor’s disappearance.

    Jshock-GM: (( Trex didn’t seem to note the
    drone’s caste… but the dates do seem to coincide… ))

    • Mathus hmms.





    Mathus:

    "The dates seem to match… nothing
    about a name, though."

    Mathus:

    "And I didn’t find out anything about
    who Sivor worked for… or who could identify this."

    Jaana Raeth:

    * should someone inquire into her
    background/cover story, Jaana will refer them to her boss, Vale,
    smile coyly, and say she’s ‘just an enviromentalist’ and let them
    draw their own nefarious conclusions…

    Vale: (( XD ))

    • Mathus downloads that bounty entry onto his
      datapad.


  • Mathus also takes a picture of the
    carapace’s markings, downloads that too.



  • Taliq: (( XD ))


    Jshock-GM: (( anything else you want to sort
    out before I move on? ))






    Mathus:

    "I don’t think it’d be a good idea to
    carry a Geonesian’s carapace shard with us."

    Mathus: (( Nope. ))

    Mathus: (( Get Triumph, derail main plot by 5
    minutes. Mission complete. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( Alright, going to cut & paste
    ))

    Vale: (( So jsut to recap so I don’t say
    anyhting stupid. We’re here on behalf of Ota (cover), to get weapons for
    the dude son Ryloth (cover and real) so we’re talkign to Piddock cuz he
    left teemo, and we want Dimmock to leave too? All so we can kill Teemo?
    ))

    You enter the palace; the entrance is flanked by two of the
    largest Geonosian soldiers you have ever seen. They each heft a bulky,
    wide bore blaster rifle, obviously of Geonosian make. Inside, the decor
    is a surprise after the rough hewn appearance of the rocky walls of the
    hive at large; clearly, no expense was spared in its construction. From
    a temporary stage in the center of the audience chamber, an upbeat jatz
    band provides some entertainment; there’s a lanky Bith on kloo horn, a
    hyperactive Rodian on mozz box, and a mellow-looking Zabrak on siren
    whistle. An exotic, mauve colored Twi’lek with perhaps the longest lekku
    you’ve ever seen on her species sways to the the frenetic melodies,
    adding her sultry voice to the music.

    Mathus: (( Yep. We’re talking to Piddock as
    "pleasantries", but he might mention something that’ll help us persuade
    Dimmock to part ways with Teemo. ))

    Mathus: (( The trick is getting him to mention
    that without drawing attention/assassins to ourselves. ))

    As for the partygoers… a Roche J9 protocol droid patiently waits
    near one of the bars. At the other bar, a pair of scruffy spacers clink
    glasses, joking and laughing. A Gand in dusty, tattered robes sits by
    himself in one corner of the room, while a young Sullustan male sips his
    drink neat the stage, watching the band and occasionaly glancing at
    another guest, a Toydarian flitting here and there about the room. On
    the dais an impressive looking Geonosian, festooned with medals chats
    with an elegantly dressed human. Geonosian drones wander around,
    providing refreshments for the guests.

    Jshock-GM: (( Feel free to mingle.\ ))

    • Mathus glances around, taking it all in for
      a moment.


  • Vale gives a nod to his buddies and begins
    to be mingle. He walks up to the Sullustan and orders them a drink,
    waiting for an opportunity to talk to Duke.






  • Lowurra:

    • Lowurra hoots, grabs a large frothy beverage
      from a passing drone.
    • Mathus mutters to Taliq,








    Mathus:

    "So, what would it take to hear your
    singing voice?"



  • Mathus smirks.








  • Taliq:

    "I don’t do karoke"


  • Taliq scowls


  • Jshock-GM: (( Alright, Vale is shmoozing
    with the sullustran. What about the rest of you?" ))


  • Mathus frowns at that.








  • Mathus:

    "Uh… nevermind, then…"


  • Jaana Raeth finds a comfortale bit of wall
    space and… stays out of trouble


  • Mathus glances over at the Gand, looking for
    any indication of what brings him here.



  • Vale: (( based entirely that they are good
    pilots, or maybe there’s something they can chat about…cuz you know
    every single member of every single species is totlaly good at the smae
    thing :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( alright. We’ll handle Vale
    first… ))






    Mu Nanb:

    (Hello, gentlebeing. Can I help you with
    something?)

    • Taliq accompanies Vale, and while she’s at
      the bar orders a drink









    Vale:

    "Just thought I’d pop over, share a
    drink, just got here. You looked like a decent sort."




    Jshock-GM: (( you don’t have to go to the
    bar – plenty of drone servers ))









    Vale:

    "Had a few travels in your day."



    Vale: (( gotcha ))





    Mu Nanb:

    (I;d like to think I am… but if you
    don’t mind, I’m trying to enjoy the jatz right now.)

    the sullustran seems a bit fiddly; nervous about something.

    Lowurra:

    is wandering around, taking in the
    architecture.

    Vale:

    "Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to
    impose. Just picked you out, because you looked the most
    interesting and nicest. Anyhting wrong with that?"

    Mu Nanb:

    (No… no, I suppose not…)

    Mu Nanb:

    (I’m sorry, we haven’t been
    introduced… I am Mu Nanb. And you?)

    Vale:

    "Didn’t think so. Charming smile Two
    Correlian gins, and whatever this fine lad is drinking."

    A nearby drone rushes off with your order

    Vale: (( Did we decide on alias or jsut
    ourselves? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( if you did, it’s news to me ))

    Vale: (( I’m not flagged as bounty so IMa
    use my real name, but you guys probably better not :P
    ))

    Taliq: (( Well we;’re all wanted so we
    should probably use fake names ))

    Taliq: (( But Vale is probably OK :P
    ))

    Vale:

    Arqen Vale at your service. Pleased to
    meet you. What brings you here?

    Mu Nanb:

    (Tourism, actually. I came to see the
    famous rings of Geonosis… a mutual friend of the duke’s
    introduced me, through an intrest in jatz.)

    Mu Nanb:

    • Mu Nanb smiles somewhat nervously
    • Jaana Raeth is goign by ‘Kate Forestar’ … :P








    Vale:

    "Fascinating. So you haven’t met the
    Duke, you’re another guest like me?"




    Vale: (( Nice :P
    ))






    Mu Nanb:

    (Only briefly. I planned on chatting
    with him later.)

    • Vale orders another round of drinks, though
      controls his drinking



    Jshock-GM: (( hey, this is a universe where
    a famous jedi general cahn get away with "old ben Kenobi" ))


  • Taliq sips her drink


  • Taliq: (( maybe "Kenobi" is a star wars
    "Smith" or "Jones" :P
    ))









    Vale:

    "Me too, me too. I’ve had a small
    briefing, but you’ve been here long than I have. Got any tips on
    how best to deal with him, that you’ve seen?"







    Mu Nanb:

    (Hmm… an interestig question…)

    Mu Nanb:

    9I understand he is some sort of dealer
    in weapons. You seem to be mercenaries of some sort, am I correct?)

    Vale:

    "Indeed, that’s us. Why you’re not
    hiring are you? chuckle chuckle

    • Taliq frowns a bit, and then leans over to
      tap Mathus on the shoulder






    Mu Nanb:

    • Mu Nanb chuckles nervously

    Mu Nanb:

    (No, no… that isn’t my sort of
    business…)

    Mu Nanb:

    • Mu Nanb glances around

    Vale:

    "Oh, what business are you in, if you
    don’t mind me asking?" More drinks

    Mathus:

    "Hmm?"

    • Mathus glances at Taliq.








    Taliq:

    "Last time it took 3 bottles of
    Alderaanian sake"







    Mu Nanb:

    (why… I sell… stem bolts! For the
    construction industry! Yes, stem bolts…)

    • Mathus raises an eyebrow at that.





    Mathus:

    "Oh, I, uh… good to know."

    • Mathus nods sheepishly.








    Vale:

    "Oh of course, of course!"






    Mu Nanb:

    • Mu Nanb grins enthusiastically
    • Taliq grins, and goes back to sipping her gin


    Foxtrot says to the GMs: so the idea is, if I can, I wannget get him
    drunk with chit chat to find out why he’s nervous and what he does.
    Getting lay of the land, what if he’s apart of something about to go
    down etc? That’ll take some time though, so perhaps you wanna switch
    tsomeone else for anrrative times reasons. Arqen is carefully about his
    alcohol though


    Foxtrot says to the GMs: I’m happy to continue this, I just don’ty want
    to hog the RP light





    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus, did you still want to
    chat up the gand? ))






    Taliq:

    (Impersonation check)

    Taliq: (( yay :P
    ))

    Mathus: (( Yep. ))

    Vale and the sullustran salesman make small talk; meanwhile…

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt glances at you with one compound eye
      as you approach
    • Mathus smiles a bit and nods at Vrixxtt.





    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt stares

    Mathus:

    "Hello… you look almost as
    out-of-place here as I feel in this suit."

    • Mathus adjusts his suit a bit, as if trying
      to fix it so it doesn’t bother him as much.






    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt emits an incomprehensible series of
      clicks and buzzes
    • Taliq casually accompanies Mathus, fearing
      that Mathus is better at getting himself into trouble than Vale






    Mathus:

    "Uh…"

    • Mathus seems at a loss.





    Mathus:

    "What did you say?"

    • Mathus sounds… confused.





    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt gets up suddenly, and starts to walk
      around the wall, indicating you should follow.
    • Mathus follows.





    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt clicks and buzzes at the insectile
      protocol droid standing around the corner.
    • Mathus waits for the translation.





    BG-222:

    "Greetingzzz, gentledrone. Vixxitt
    apologises, for he cannot emit Bazzzzicc."

    BG-222:

    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ))

    Mathus:

    "Ah, figured. Was just wondering what
    brought you here. You look like a practical sort."

    Taliq: (( BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA ))

    BG-222:

    "I myself ame more than pleazzzed to
    zzzzzerve."

    • Xie cranks it up, fkking love this song


    Jshock-GM: (( brb, water ))


    Mathus: (( K. ))


    Jshock-GM: (( bk ))





    Taliq:

    \dance

    BG-222:

    "I zzzzerve to facilitate
    commmunicationzzzz."

    Vale: (( Just gonna brb for five minutes,
    buit I’m not in convo so it shouldn’t matter ))

    Taliq: (( This gand is totally going to mug
    us ))

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt spits another series of clicks and
      buzzed at the droid.
    • Mathus directed that at Vrixxtt.





    BG-222:

    "Vrixxxittttt says he is here to promote
    the interrrrezzzts of sapient inzzzectiles, on behalf of his
    organizzzzation."

    Taliq:

    "Maybe we should introduce you to our
    environmentalist associate."

    • Taliq tries to keep a straight face








    Jshock-GM:

    hmmm… that might call for a roll.



    Taliq: (( I’M GREAT AT THOSE XD ))


    Mathus: (( GAAHHHHH! dives for cover ))


    Taliq: (( What roll would you like me to
    fail ))



    Taliq: (( I mean make :P
    ))



    Vale: (( back ))


    Unknown command: "o-oc 1 sec". Try /help for a list of
    commands.


    Jshock-GM: (( 1 sec ))


    Taliq: (( Deceit? Or smart-assery? :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( it’s deceit, looking up his
    discipline ))


  • Mathus blinks.


  • Unknown command: "oc 2d". Try /help for a list of
    commands.


    Jshock-GM: (( 2d, Taliq ))





    Mathus:

    "…That’s a problem?"

    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq’s bluffing ))

    Taliq:


    makes a Mouthing off and keeping score check!

            

    Successes:  None  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( Whoa! ))

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt stares at Taliq for a moment

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt clicks and whisltles while staring
    • Taliq blinks and smiles





    BG-222:

    "Vrixxxit would be most interested in
    meeting ypur environmentalist friend."

    Taliq: (( OOPS sorry Jaana :P
    ))

    Mathus:

    "So, uh… what interests do sapient
    insectiles need? Besides the standard
    make-money-and-don’t-shoot-us?"

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt looks back at Mathus

    Taliq:

    "If you’ll excuse me…"

    • Taliq backs off as gracefully as she can
      manage






    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt hisses & buzzes at the droid

    Jaana Raeth:

    * being within earshot ‘Kate’ sighs at
    Taliq’s attempts at small talk… *

    BG-222:

    "The galaxxxxy is unfortunantly biases
    against inzzzzectiles, he says. Speciezzzz such as the VVVerpine
    are barred from some establishmentzzzz simply becauzzzze of theie
    appearazzzze."

    • Taliq hies aroudn the corner and leans
      against the wall






    Taliq:

    "This isn’t my kind of party…" she
    confesses to Jaana

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt buzzes some more

    BG-222:

    "Vrixxxitt humbly asks your purpozzzze
    at comeing herre?"

    • Mathus blinks, just trying to comprehend
      that, given that most establishments on Tattoine are desperate for any
      clients.






    Mathus:

    "Oh, uh, mechanic by trade."

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt looks you up and down… nods…
    • Taliq casually watches Lowurra breaking it
      down on the dance floor



    Taliq: (( I assume that’s what Lowurra is
    doing XD ))



    Mathus: (( Surprisingly, wookies dance well. You
    just need everyone to give them plenty of space." ))






    Vale:

    Drinkin the niiiiiiight away. He
    drinks the whiskey drink, he drinks the lager drink… etc etc

    Mathus: (( Their breakdancing can decapitate the
    unwary. ))

    Lowurra:

    • Lowurra boogies to the upbeat jatz

    Mathus:

    "Everyone else here is dressed much
    better than I’m used to…"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "…But I have to keep up on the
    latest breakthroughs."

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt buzzes knowingly

    Mathus:

    "Maybe I’ll find something interesting
    here that’ll make me some coin…"

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt nods, and walks away…
    • Mathus frowns at the sudden conversation
      ending, but shrugs and walks over to Taliq.



    Mathus: (( Vrixxtt didn’t make any gesture for
    me to follow him, right? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( no, he did not. ))

  • Mathus leans on the wall next to Taliq,
    frowns.






  • Mathus:

    "…The problem with everyone being
    cleaned up is I can’t tell the other mechanics apart."

    • Taliq laughs





    Taliq:

    "Not sure I recognise any other bounty
    hunters, for that matter."

    Mathus:

    "Maybe the Duke can point out some?"

    • Mathus idly gestures in the Duke’s direction.


    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq, give me a Knowledge,
    3d… ))






    Taliq:


    makes a Thinking hard check!

              

    Successes:  None  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( I’m doing a lot of that tonight
    . ))

    Unknown command: "oc somethign alonst occured to you, but then it
    passes…". Try /help for a list of commands.

    Jshock-GM: (( something almost occured to
    you, bu tthen it passes ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Did you bother asking the droid when
    we can expect to meet him ourselves? Or if there’s a schedule of
    events?"

    • Taliq looks like she has a thought, but then
      shrugs and downs the last of her gin






    Mathus:

    "Ah, uh… no."

    • Mathus goes to do just that.


    Meanwhile…


    Jshock-GM: (( Vale continues to chat up the
    Sullustran; other than finding out he has a deep love for jatz, he has
    yet to uncover any secrets… ))



    Jshock-GM: (( you’re up, buddy ))


    Vale: (( sorry had scroll lock on and didn’t
    see ))



    Jshock-GM: (( ah, coo ))


    Vale: (( Is he looking a bit tipsy yet? ))





    Vale:

    "SO the stem bolts business. Lot of
    money in that?"

    Jshock-GM: (( perhaps a little; despite you
    trying to force feed him booze, he drinks slowly ))

    Vale: (( gotcha ))

    Taliq: (( Wait a second… What’s that ARENA
    DOING BACK THERE? XD ))

    Mu Nanb:

    (Um… yes… slow, but consistent…)

    Jshock-GM: (( Time for some rolls. ))

    Vale: (( what kinda rollllllsssss? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( call it Discipline vs 2d ))

    Vale:


    makes a Hooooold check!

            

    Successes:  None  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( ROBOT DICE IS BROKEN :P
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( whelp; you’re having trouble
    telling if he’s lying or, or maybe he’s just nervous about something
    else ))

    Vale:

    "Fair enough. I like the fast pace
    myself, though slow is nice sometimes."

    • Taliq sidles across the room and heads to
      the bar for another drink






    Mu Nanb:

    (Fast pace? What do you mean, exactly?)

    Vale:

    "Flying, shooting, you said Stem bolts
    was slow. Not sure I could do it, just making chit chat. charm
    charm charm

    • Mathus follows her.





    Vale:

    "Takes far more patient people than
    myself. Wish I had the gift, really."

    Vale:

    flatter flatter flatter

    Jshock-GM: (( go ahead and Charm vs 1d1c ))

    Vale: (( Miond if I use a force, gang? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( hang on, forgot the destiny…
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( by the door ))

    Vale: (( or not really worth it at this
    juncture? In character Im suspcious and going for info ))

    Vale: (( destiny upgrades a green to a
    yellow, right? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( you are at 1a2p as it stands ))

    Jshock-GM: (( yes; the other option is to
    raise someone’s dificulty ))

    Mathus: (( Yeah, Destiny upgrades a green to a
    yellow. ))

    Vale:

    Right, i’ll raise then from green

    Vale:


    makes a Here goes check!

              

    Successes:  3  /  Threat: 1
    Triumph:
    1

    Taliq: (( YEEEAAAAAH ))

    Taliq: (( Destiny is hot on the triumphs
    tonight! ))

    Jshock-GM: (( you sweat the charm a bit;
    take a strain. But… ))

    Mathus: (( KaBOOM! ))

    Vale:

    Vale takes 0 wounds.
    Vale takes 1
    strain.

    Mu Nanb:

    (You seem like a stand up being, Vale…
    I’ll let you in on a secret…)

    Vale: (( Woweee ))

    Mu Nanb:

    (Follow me…)

    • Vale smiles and leans in

  • Vale follows

  • Vale glances back to his buddies with a nod
    that say’s "it’s all right."






  • Mu Nanb:

    • Mu Nanb gets up, heds towards one of the side
      rooms, keeping an eye out along the way

    Mu Nanb:

    (…perhaps you guessed, but I’m not
    actually a simple stem bolt salesman on vacation.)

    • Mathus raises an eyebrow, but just nods and
      goes back to silently sipping a drink.






    Vale:

    "We all have our secrets

    • Vale smiles





    Mu Nanb:

    (I represent the rebal alliance. I am
    here to procure weapons.)

    Taliq:

    "He’ll be fine. Two Mandalorian
    tequilas please!"

    Vale:

    "Oh! Perhaps you’re into the fast life
    too!"

    Mu Nanb:

    (Not exactly… I’m quite new to this
    subterfuge business, actually.)

    Vale: (( The Ryloth situation was locals
    having it tough, rather than actual rebellion right? ))

    Vale: (( not misreading that? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( right ))

    Taliq: (( Sell him weapons anyway ))

    Taliq: (( A rebel is a rebel, and a sale is
    a sale! :P
    ))

    Vale:

    "Dangerous business. We you hoping
    Piddock would set you up?"

    Mu Nanb:

    (I was! I’m due to talk with him shortly
    to make the deal.)

    Vale:

    "If you don’t mind me asking, I saw
    you watching the Toydarian. Something to worry about?"

    Mu Nanb:

    (Anatta? He is an information broker, I
    believe. Connected with a hutt on Tattooine.)

    Vale:

    ’Are you making contact with another
    else for deals? I heard Dymmock was a name floating about."

    Vale:

    "Anatta hey, so why were you
    interested in him?

    Mu Nanb:

    (No, I do not know a Dimmock…)

    Mu Nanb:

    (His ears are always open; always
    listening. Best to keep an eye on him, I think.)

    Mu Nanb:

    (Please, can you not tell anyone I am
    with the rebels? I don’t think anyone here has any love for the
    Empire, but it could still be my head if word reaches the wrong
    person.)

    Vale:

    "Hmm, well you have done me a good
    turn, sir. If I can be of assistance, let me know. I should let my
    friends know about Anatta. You can never be too careful."

    Vale:

    "Of course!"

    Vale:

    "I have no reason to tell anyone about
    you, and it’s not like it is in my best interests. How would it
    look to be assosciate with such scum.

    • Vale gives a wink, to show he does not mean
      it.






    Mu Nanb:

    (Good to know. Now, I should go have a
    chat with Piddock now…)

    Meanwhile…

    • Mathus checked the protocol droid for
      Piddock’s schedule before joining Taliq at the bar.


  • Vale walks over to Jaana. "Watch the
    Toydarian, he’s an information broker for a hutt. COuld be the same hutt
    we want.



  • Vale: (( low voices obviously ))


    Jshock-GM: (( he relates that while Piddock
    isn’t really scheduled as such, it would be wise to wait until he is not
    talking with someone. ))



    Taliq: (( That’s just good manners ))


    as TAliq and mathus are getting drinks at the bar, the two spacers
    light up.


  • Taliq nods at them





  • Taliq:

    "… sup"

    • Mathus glances over at them.





    Wex Vio:

    "Hey, more guests! What brings you
    around?"

    Taliq:

    "The bar is here. You?"

    Jaana Raeth: (( that token’s too big to be
    atoydarian.. (now that I’ve found it and realize what it is..) :P
    ))

    Taliq: (( HAHAHA I know right? :P
    ))

    Orpa Vio:

    "Oh, you know, this and that. We’re
    flying some cargo for one of the dukes tomorrow, got ourselves
    invited."

    Jaana Raeth:

    brb

    Mathus:

    "Hm? You both work on the same ship?"

    • Mathus glances at the two of them.





    Wex Vio:

    "That’s right. I’m Wex, the grump’s
    Orta. Brother and sister, if you were wondering."

    Mathus:

    "Ah, I thought maybe you were married."

    Orpa Vio:

    "Can it, brother!"

    Orpa Vio:

    • Orpa Vio punches him on the arm

    Orpa Vio:

    "He wishes he could nab a woman with my
    kind of looks…"

    Wex Vio:

    • Wex Vio smirks

    Mathus:

    "Heh. You do work on Geonosis often?"

    Wex Vio:

    "Yeah, we’vwe been doing a sweet run
    lately for one of the hutts, shuttling parts from here to
    Tattooine."

    Orpa Vio:

    "…could you maybe NOT tell them
    everything?"

    Orpa Vio:

    • Orpa Vio shakes her head, disgusted

    Orpa Vio:

    "Not that it matters. Probably noting
    illicit."

    • Mathus blinks.

  • Taliq laughs





  • Mathus:

    "Ah. But you’re stationed here? Or you
    go somewhere else to get your ship maintained?"

    Taliq:

    "What do we care what your cargo is,
    we’re nobody."

    Wex Vio:

    "We’re free traders; we go where we’re
    needed. Caravaning the space lanes…"

    Wex Vio:

    • Wex Vio zooms his hand along in the air like a
      ship

    Taliq:

    "Wait… you don’t work for ole’
    Dimmock do you?"

    Orpa Vio:

    "Yeah… what of it?"

    • Taliq chuckles





    Taliq:

    "Nothing, nothing… Its just we go
    way back."

    • Mathus blinks at that.





    Wex Vio:

    "Huh… the bug gets around…"

    Mathus:

    "Never dealt with him myself… he a
    good boss?"

    Jshock-GM: (( wait. Taliq, some deceit,
    please. 2d. ))

    Taliq: (( LOL thought you’d ask ))

    Taliq:


    makes a I should stop trying to lie it never works out
    check!

            

    Successes:  None  /  Threat:
    1

    Taliq: (( OOPS ))

    Orpa Vio:

    "…how did you know ‘ol’ Dimmock’
    again?"

    • Taliq smirks





    Taliq:

    "Well he probably doesn’t remember me,
    but I remember him…"

    Mathus: (( I think you should just up your
    Deceit rank instead. ))

    Taliq: (( NEVER :P
    ))

    Taliq:

    "Like you said. The bug gets around."

    Taliq: (( >.> ))

    Orpa Vio:

    • Orpa Vio squints

    Mathus:

    "So, is he a good boss?"

    • Mathus glances at the two.

  • Taliq nonchalantly sips her drink





  • Orpa Vio:

    "…anyway, yeah, he’s good enough. Pays
    on time, don’t have to chase him."

    Mathus:

    "Mm. He have any need for mechanics?"

    Wex Vio:

    "Hmm, not as far as I know… I think
    the bugs like to work with their own, anyway."

    Orpa Vio:

    "Hey, was that your YT we saw come in?
    Sweet ride, that."

    • Mathus chuckles.





    Taliq:

    "Could’ve been anybodies…"

    Mathus:

    "Maybe. You wouldn’t believe the hell
    we had to go through to get it…"

    • Taliq glances sidelong at Mathus






    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Wex rememberin’ stuff check!

          

    Successes:  1  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( ROFL MAO ))

    • Taliq glances sidelong at Wex





    Wex Vio:

    "IDidn’t that belong to that lizard…
    what’s his name, Trex? You buy it off him or something?"

    Mathus:

    "Hmm?"

    • Mathus glances at Wex.





    Orpa Vio:

    "Think you’re right, bro; remember
    seeing it a lot at Mos Shuuta, now that you mention it."

    • Taliq casually slides her hand down her leg
      to where the holdout is holstered






    Mathus:

    "Oh? Ah, no."

    • Mathus glances at the two a moment.


    Mathus: (( Can I tell if they’re on the verge of
    killing us? ))






    Taliq:

    "No, we didn’t buy it from him…"

    Jshock-GM: (( they both look a little
    puzzled, but they both still seem friendly ))

    • Taliq turns her head and stares at the
      siblings






    Taliq:

    "We murdered him and stole it"

    • Mathus nods nonchalantly at Taliq.





    Mathus:

    "Although the bastard had it coming."

    Both go slackjawed

    Mathus:

    "We try to sell him a part he needs to
    repair his ship and the cretin sicks his droids on us. Tries to
    kill us so he can get the part for free."

    Jaana Raeth:

    * across the room, jaana senses the
    trouble brewing, exchanges a glance with vale and facepalms…

    Wex Vio:

    "Umm… perhaps we…"

    • Taliq bursts out laughing, and slaps her
      hand on the table






    Taliq:

    "Ah we’re just kidding

    • Vale takes a deep breath in. "tatooine."





    Orpa Vio:

    "…yeah, we should go now…"

    • Taliq looks at Mahus





    Taliq:

    "See the look on their faces?"

    Wex Vio:

    "Right, kidding…"

    they both nervously shuffle off

    Vale: (( Oh, I wanna watch the hutt
    information broker, (up until I am alerted to the fact that there’s
    trouble brewing, that cool? ))

    • Taliq shrugs

  • Mathus frowns as watches them wander off.





  • Taliq:

    "Lousy conversation anyway."

    • Mathus glances at Taliq and mutters,





    Mathus:

    "Maybe we should give it a new paint
    job…"

    Jshock-GM: (( fine with me. VAle, Jaana, You
    suddenly see the two spacers these two were talking to slowly, then
    quickly head for the front door. ))

    Meanwhile…

    Vale:

    "That could be trouble.

    Taliq: (( That’s totally not going to bite
    us in the arse :P
    ))

    Mathus: (( Perhaps they should consider it a
    lesson in not trying to scam your trader. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( Vale, you watch the Toydarian.
    He chats occasionally with the other guests, but never for too long. ))

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "Pity, I thought maybe I could talk
    shop with them."

    • Mathus frowns, swirls his drink a bit.





    Taliq:

    "Sorry Mathus… Never been good at
    this intrigue stuff…"

    • Taliq sips her drink





    Mathus:

    "Isn’t killing someone that tried to
    kill you perfectly reasonable?"

    Taliq:

    "I know, right?"

    Jshock-GM: (( murderhobos, away! ))

    Mathus:

    "I mean, you want to talk about
    bastardry, I used to beat people up, rob them, and steal their
    inventory."

    Taliq:

    "…. wait, what?"

    • Taliq furrows her eyebrows

  • Vale leans into Jaana and talks softly, with
    as smile, looking like he’s flirting. "There’s a rebel alliance broker
    in there room, think that’ll be handy to us in anyway? Mutual friend
    perhaps, they might know better how to go underground."


  • Mathus nods.

  • Taliq shrugs





  • Taliq:

    "Ah, I kill people for a living. Who
    am I to judge?"

    • Taliq grins at Mathus





    Mathus:

    "I didn’t get into mechanics until a
    job went awry. I was busy robbing a shopkeeper and he conned me
    into helping him fix a repulsorlift array."

    Taliq:

    "Huh… go figure…"

    Jaana Raeth:

    (quiet response) "Maybe. If this hutt
    thing goes bad we’ll need an organization of some kind for
    support."

    • Mathus shrugs.





    Mathus:

    "You do what it takes to survive.
    Never killed anyone until recently, though."

    Taliq: (( The way we’re going, it’s gonna go
    bad :P
    ))

    Taliq:

    "It gets easier every time…"

    • Mathus frowns.

  • Taliq stares into her drink





  • Vale:

    "True. Perhaps we can even get their
    support on Ryloth though I’m not sure the brass there want that
    kind of involvement or assosciation. Still it’d be better than us
    just handing them a few crates of waepons."

    Mathus:

    "Guess you really can’t escape what
    you grew up in, can you?"

    • Mathus downs his drink.


    Jshock-GM: (( brb, pee break, keep RPing. ))

  • Taliq snaps her head around





  • Taliq:

    "Who says we can’t?"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "I was hoping to leave that behind. I
    loved my work. But nowadays looks like I need everything I know
    to make a livin’."

    Mathus:

    "Ah well, at least I mellowed out."

    Taliq:

    "Well you’ve already escaped Tatooine,
    that’s a good start."

    Taliq:

    "… no offense."

    • Mathus chuckles.





    Mathus:

    "None taken. I must admit, some of the
    company’s nicer now."

    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana… can you give me a
    Perception check as you’re talking to Vale? 2d? ))

    Taliq:

    "It’s a good crew," Taliq nods.

    Jaana Raeth:

    hrm.. dice box exploded…

    Jshock-GM: (( that’s not good ))

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Jshock-GM: (( error message or somethign? ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a noticing check!

              

    Successes:  1  /  Advantage:
    3

    Taliq: (( Jaana Raeth… Getting it done! ))

    Vale: (( Seeing the sees and hearing the
    hears! ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( all the boxes went blank rather
    htan zero when I hit roll the fist time * shrug * ))

    Jshock-GM: (( OK; since you’re facing
    directly dtowards him; you see that Gand glancing at you, vale, and the
    wookiee occasionally, and playing with a datapad on his wrist. ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    (quietly to Vale) "Bug alert/ He’s
    being too attentive."

    Jaana Raeth:

    ".. the Gand bug that is."

    • Vale nods in their conversation, turns to
      order a drink from a passing droid and takes a quick glance at the Gand
      before turning back



    Mathus: (( By Gand, you mean Anetta? Or the one
    we talked to? ))


  • Taliq downs her drink and orders 2 more





  • Mathus:

    "Uh… maybe you should go easy on
    those…"

    Jaana Raeth: (( only 1 gand, that I know of ))

    Taliq:

    "Ah, they’re watered down…"

    • Vale orders two drinks! GOtta keep the ruse
      going, here lvoely lady :P



    Jshock-GM: (( Also, that’s a lot of
    Advantage; it occurs to you his robes mark him as a Findsman. They are
    often bounty hunters… ))



    Taliq: (( That’s indiscribably bad… ))


    Taliq: (( XD ))





    Vale:

    "What do you make of him?"

    • Jaana Raeth sips and drinks slowly.. if at
      all after the initial sip… what with a mere 2g resilience…






    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt gets up

    Taliq: (( Bitch is googling our asses! ))

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt hisses and buzzes through his
      respirator

    Jaana Raeth:

    (quietly to Vale) "How good are you at
    faking a drunken stumble into a mark to break his datapad?"

    Vale:

    (quietly) "We’ll just ahve to see
    won’t we. Give me the go ahead when you feel it’s right."

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt seems to be expecting an answer to
      whatever he just said.
    • Jaana Raeth attemps to concentrate the
      Gand’s attention by goign to talk to the wookie…






    Vale:

    "Hello sir. May I help you?"

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt turns his attention to Vale
    • Vale has a tipsy lilt to his voice, and
      doesn’t quite focus on his eyes.






    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt seems dismissive (at least you assume
      so – Gand are famously expressionless).

    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt starts to walk past you, towards the
      other bar room.

    Vale:

    "Translator droid, oooh translator
    droid, gedoverere!"

    BG-222:

    • BG-222 "Sirzzzzz?"

    Vale:

    "THis nice Gand is tyring to talk to
    me, help me out so we can be good ol’ buddies."

    BG-222:

    "Of courzzzzze, gentledrone."

    Vale:

    "SIr" Vale calls out after the Gand,
    "Sir, sit down with me."

    Vale:

    "Tell me what ails you, we’re all
    friends here."

    Vale: (( I’m not sure pretending to be drunk
    was the right move in retrospect, was setting p incase I needed to break
    his pad :P
    ))

    BG-222:

    (translating) "Sirr Vrixxxittt would
    like to know what your purpozzze here wazzz again?"

    Vale: (( are we openly arms dealers or I
    thought we had a cover ))

    Vale:

    "Just a humble merc, heard this is the
    place to be if you want work."

    Vale:

    "Do you have any work?"

    BG-222:

    (Translating) "Merzzzenary… He says
    thah he doezzz not know of any work. He would like to know how he
    can rrreach youzzzz if he hearzzz of any, howeverr."

    Vale:

    I give him a contact number.

    Vale:

    "Since we’re sharing, what is your
    purpose here?"

    Vale:

    Disarmingly tipsy laawwwwlll

    Taliq: (( to be fair there isn’t a bounty
    out on Vale ))

    Taliq: (( … yet :P
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( Discipline vs 3d, please. ))

    Vale: (( using a force, that cool everyone?
    ))

    Taliq: (( sure, why not :P
    ))

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    Vale:


    makes a Uh ohhhh check!

              

    Successes:  1  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM: (( that equals the score after
    you spend this one ))

    Vale: (( the destiny is with us today :P
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( OK; you can sense that he’s
    lying through the droid as ge descrivbes himself again ))

    Jshock-GM: (( he’s no philanthropist ))

    • Taliq slams her drink on the table and kicks
      back her chair


  • Mathus glances over at Taliq.





  • Taliq:

    "Trouble."

    Vale:

    "We’re friends here. Not saying you’re
    a liar, we all have stuff on the side, I like the side stuff.
    Maybe I can help. What have you got cooking?"

    • Mathus blinks, gets up and follows Taliq.





    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt stares at you
    • Vale stares back, it is clear he isn’t drunk.


    Vale: (( trying somethin’ risky! ))





    BG-222:

    (translating) Sirr Vrixxxxittt saya he
    must go and speak with the duke now… he thanks you for your
    time…"

    • Vale nods, well you know how to contact me.





    Vrixxtt:

    • Vrixxtt nods, glances back aat you as he walks
      up the dais
    • Taliq leans against a pillar and pretends to
      enjoy the music



    Unknown command: "oc he also stares at you and the wookiee as he passes,
    Jaana". Try /help for a list of commands.

  • Vale goes to Jaana. "Not sure what just
    happened. Be ready."






  • Vale:

    "If I just got you all killed, my
    apologies."

    Jshock-GM: (( alright; it’s midnight, and I
    need to get up early. We’ll continue the party next week. ))

    Vale: (( righteo :)
    ))

    Mathus: (( I think we’ve screwed things up
    enough for one night. ))

    Mathus: (( Just watch, before the night’s over
    we’ll be killing someone with a disco ball. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( this sis some good RP though,
    nice to see I can keep your attention without combat ))

    Mathus: (( Oh yeah, although man I wish we found
    a mechanic. ))

    Mathus:

    Also, the ship duo learning our past?
    LULZ.

    Mathus:

    I didn’t think they’d blanch at us
    murdering a double-dealer, though.

    Vale:

    :)

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Jshock-GM: (( those two probably had grease
    under their fingernails, but you had to go talking about merder… ))

    Taliq: (( Oh… the combat isn’t that far
    away :P
    ))

    Taliq: (( But yes, good RP all around ))

    Mathus:

    They asked! And we suck at lying.

    Vale:

    mathus’ story arc is to become the
    greatest diplomatic and articulate speaker in the galaxy

    Vale:

    You watch

    Jaana Raeth: (( it’s the wording you used…
    ‘murder’ you in act self-defensed him to death rather than murdered
    him… ))

    Taliq: (( Hey, they asked, we answered :P
    ))

    Mathus: (( Ehhh, perhaps… and technically we
    did leave him alive the first time. And then he went after us with a
    bounty crew so we fed him to beasts. ))

    Taliq: (( I said I was kidding ))

    Mathus: (( Knowing our luck those two are gonna
    be our transport to Teemo. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( or so you thought…! ))

    Taliq: (( I was kidding about the murder
    part :P
    ))

    Vale:

    Yes…luck :P

    Taliq: (( Really we just beat him up ))

    Taliq: (( :P
    ))

    Mathus:

    Probably a good thing we didn’t
    mention the running-people-over bit.

    Jshock-GM: (( I’m fully statting up
    cyberTrex at some point. For special occasions. ))

    Vale:

    I like being decietful, is fun
    thinking up ways to fluff you stock standard lies.

    Taliq: (( Reoccuring villains ftw ))

    Mathus: (( Fuck you, I’m dumping him into a
    trash compactor. ))

    Mathus: (( I’ll turn whatever’s left of him into
    a paperweight. ))

    Taliq: (( Didn’t stop Shredder ))

    Jshock-GM: (( Spider lower torso, and quad
    repeating blasters. ))

    Mathus: (( The turtles didn’t take his remains
    as a paperweight, though. ))

    Vale:

    And teeny teeny arms.

    Mathus: (( That way you always keep him in
    sight. ))

    Taliq: (( keep your friends close, but keep
    your… paperweights closer? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( oh, and a thermal detonator,
    rigged with a dead mans switch. ))

    • Taliq should probably either stat up deceit
      or stop using it… :P






    Mathus:

    Now you’re just being vindictive, J.

    Mathus:

    What’s next, he sends a Star Destroyer
    after us?

    Mathus: (( Heh. ))

    Xie is disconnected.

    Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 8

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Xie