Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 6

Server started; please wait for map to
refresh.

JeffG has connected.

Xie has connected.

Xie:

Hola mi amigos

Jshock-GM:

Sup

Xie:

Fox let you know he can’t make it?

Jshock-GM:

Yeah; sucks

Xie:

Yeah, it’s too bad

Xie:

Shit just got real, too

Jshock-GM:

So, it’s June, and preorders for the
damn rulebook still aren’t up

Xie:

Typical FFG

Xie:

You should try getting their products
in Australia

Jshock-GM:

Uck, I don’t know about FFG, but I’ve
heard the prices you guys pay fore importing GW

Jshock-GM:

Assrape

Jshock-GM:

Does FFG gouge over there, or does it
just take forever?

Xie:

That too

Xie:

A little of column A, a little of
column B

Xie:

We get gouged, but to be fair I’m
pretty sure its the distributor, not FFG themsevles that apply the
marup

Xie:

*markup

Xie:

Takes FOREVER though, and even if a
store does get a product, usually they get understocked to boot

Jshock-GM:


makes a test check!

                            

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat

Despair: 1
Light Side : 1
/ Dark Side: 1

Jshock-GM:

So you really think that new green is
hard to read

Jshock-GM:

?

JeffG:


makes a Buckets! check!

                                

Successes:  14  /  Advantage:
8

Triumph: 1

JeffG:

The symbol pairs are a tad hard.

JeffG:


makes a Buckets! check!

                                                                

Successes:  3  /  Threat: 5

JeffG:


makes a Buckets! check!

                                                                                    

Successes:  5  /  Threat: 1
Triumph:
2

Xie:

Pretty!!

Jshock-GM:

My hands were a bit tied there; but I
think the silhouettes are still distinct

Xie:

Its readable enough, especially since
the roller outputs the result anyway

JeffG:


makes a Buckets! check!

                                                                                                                                                                            

Successes:  None  /  Advantage:
7

Triumph: 1 Despair: 3

JeffG:

Hmmm, not enough dice.

Tygaran has connected.

JeffG:


makes a Buckets! check!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Successes:  15  /  Advantage:
4

Triumph: 2 Despair: 2
Light Side : 0
/ Dark Side: 1

Jshock-GM:

Hey, Tygaran

Jshock-GM:

Jeff, do not blame me if you cause a
stack overflow

JeffG:

I’m merely stress testing it.

JeffG:

Maybe 100 would work…

Jshock-GM:

Watch him fall off the server…

Jshock-GM:

Anyone know what the Drekkanator is up
to?

Xie:

Haven’t heard from him

Jshock-GM:

We’ll give it til like 8:30

JeffG:

K.

Xie:

OK

You whisper to JeffG: oh, you
plan on getting Shadowrun Returns next month?

JeffG whispers: Ah, no. Not
unless I join a game of it. Why do you ask?

You whisper to JeffG: Just
curious. Looked like it might be your thing.

You whisper to JeffG: it’s an
iso rpg

JeffG whispers: Oh, whoops. I
thought it was a new edition of the tabletop game.

You whisper to JeffG: that’s
coming too, bit I think it’s a bit later – late July / August

Jshock-GM:

OK, let’s get this show on the road.
You guys want me to roll destiny for Vale and Lowurra?

Xie:

Sure

Jshock-GM:


makes a Vale destiny check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 1 / Dark Side: 0

Jshock-GM:


makes a Lowurra destiny check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 0 / Dark Side: 1

Taliq:

Um… my dice box is broken

Jshock-GM:

How so?

Taliq:

The icons have been replaced with D&D
4E monsters?

Taliq:

Mostly kobolds

Taliq:

I’ll restart brb

Xie is disconnected.

JeffG:

LOL

JeffG:


makes a Destiny check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0

Jshock-GM:

Ha, I think I know what happened

Tygaran:


makes a 0 check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 1 / Dark Side: 0

Xie has connected.

Tygaran:

yeah! light side finally

Jshock-GM:

Xie, "launch Dicebox" on Campaign

Taliq:


makes a Yay it worked! check!

  

Successes:  None  /  No
Advantage or Threat


Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0

Taliq:

Thanks

Taliq: ((
))

Jshock-GM:

You managet to launch something I was
testing on; I made a table of placeholdeer images for it…

JeffG: (( kobolddice? ))

The Force:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

Jshock-GM:

It’s what i had handy

Jshock-GM:

Time for recappination

Jshock-GM:

SESSION RECAP





When we last left off, our protagonists had arrivet at
the mining encampment NEW MEEN. After meeting with the
their unoficcial leader GAROS, they were appraised of the
situation: the aquilish were driven off, only to be
replaced by the thuggish construction workers of DROMBB!
Later that night, a group of said workers destroyed the
home of some of the residents, and were quickly put in
their place! Unfortunately, ther captive mercenary (and
killer of B’URA B’AN) managed to escape…

The day
after, the ragtag group went into action! TALIQ organized
some of the residents int partisans, outfitting them with
their stash of spare blaster pistols. The rest of the gang
formed a quick plan: reconaissance DROMBB’s compound and
discover his plans!. Later, at dusk, the pan was put into
action: TALIQ and JAANA attempted to sneak into the
building, while VALE and MATHUS tried the direct route -
atttempting to ruse their way past the workers!
Unfortunately, not all went as planned…

Taliq: (( lol ))

Mathus: (( Mind if I go first? ))

Taliq: (( I only mind if you DON’T go all
carmageddon on those thugs
))

Jshock-GM:

Speaking of which, you now have
posession of the earthmover’s token

Mathus: (( Sweet. ))

  • Mathus spends the first PC action trying to
    run them over.



Mathus: (( That’s Pilot vs their Acrobatics,
right? ))









Jshock-GM:

That’s right; fortunately for you,
they’re not too dodgy. Unfortunately, they’re raising the stakes.
1d1c







The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

Mathus:

Hmm, I’ll spend 2 Force to increase my
chances from 1y1g to 2y1g

Mathus:

That alright with you two?

Jshock-GM:

Nope – 1 upgrade per source

Taliq: (( I guess we do have a bit of light
side to spare ))

Jshock-GM:

so you can go 2y, any other upgrades
would have to come fom talents or gear

Mathus:

Oh, that’s it? Hrmm, they have
Acrobatics 2? Wondering how they got 1d1c with raising the stakes;
thought that’d just turn 1d into 1c.

Jshock-GM:

they have 2

Mathus:

K.

Jshock-GM:

2’s the baseline stat

Mathus:

Ah, the characteristics said 1.
Thought mob stats started at 1 instead of 2.

Mathus:

Alright, rolling.

Mathus:


makes a Honk Honk check!

        

Successes:  1  /  No
Advantage or Threat

Jshock-GM:

yeah, I have their stats on a hidden
pog

Jshock-GM:

you can see their stats?

Mathus:

Yeah, their tokens. Brawn 1 | Agility
1 | Intellect 1 | Cunning 1 | Willpower 1 | Presence 1

  • Mathus shifts it into forward gear and
    drives towards them… and hopefully over them.









Jshock-GM:

OK, just to clarify on this attack:
it’s being made as part of movement, but it’s still an action.







Mathus:

K.

Jshock-GM:

So, how far do you want to move? Yo
can get out to the end of Long if you want

Mathus:

I’m just chasing them down, so depends
how far they run in response.

Jshock-GM:

Well, they can’t really move yet…
they just tried to dodge

helmeted minion group:

helmeted minion group takes 7 wounds.
helmeted
minion group takes 0 strain.

Mathus:

Then I move up in their grill.

Clean cut thug 77:

Clean cut thug 77 is defeated!

Taliq: (( nice! ))

Clean cut thug 77:

  • Clean cut thug 77 is a little too slow for the
    earthmover

Taliq: (( He sure is clean cut now! ))

Jshock-GM:

Anything else?

Mathus: (( Nope, that should be good. Wait… ))

  • Mathus honks the horn.


Mathus: (( There, done. ))


Taliq: (( maybe Vale next, since he’s in the
thick of it, as it were ))



Taliq: (( I’m still getting into position ))








Jshock-GM:

Hmm – you want to do something with
him, or should I?




Taliq: (( Go ahead, I don’t have anything in
mind ))



Taliq: (( Though if it could invovle
signalling Lowurra, if we haven’t already?
))









Jshock-GM:

Can you remember if he grabbed a
second blaster? I know he wanted to try double gunning…




Taliq: (( He did get a second, though I’m
not sure from where ))



Taliq: (( Maybe one of mine? ))








Jshock-GM:

K, as long as he has one



Taliq: (( Let him have mine, I’ll cross it
off ))






Mathus:

"WE TRIED TO BE NICE!"

Taliq:

Weapon

Skill

Max Range

Dmg

Dice

Hvy Blaster Pistol

R (Lt)

Med

7


• You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
rolled.
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

Jshock-GM:

I actually have to crack the beta; I’m
not sure if this adds to the difficulty or upgrades it
(IMPORTANT)…

Taliq: (( lol ))

Mathus: (( Think he meant one of the heavy
blasters he looted, along with his regular blaster. ))

Taliq: (( I remember now – I think he wanted
to swap his regular blaster for my heavy blaster, when I was offering it
to the villagers ))

Taliq: (( But that may or may not have
actually happened
))

Jshock-GM:

OK – it adds

Mathus: (( Oh right, it’s not your regular
carbine blaster. My bad. ))

Jshock-GM:

He’s got both listed, so I’m assuming
he’s using one of each

Taliq: (( Oh ok… do I still have mine
then? ))

Vale:

  • Vale hustles around the side of the
    earthmover, and unleashes a volley of fure on the mohawked thug

Taliq: (( No, I gave it to one of the
militia, nvm _ ))

Jshock-GM:


makes a Ranged – Lt (2 blasters) check!

            

Successes:  None  /  Threat:
1

Taliq: (( that’s laughable ))

Jshock-GM:

The blasers overheat a bit; he takes 1
strain from tibanna leaking out of his blasters

Vale:

Vale takes 0 wounds.
Vale takes 1
strain.

Mohawk thug 88:

"Guk! Get that guy out of the ’mover!"

Jshock-GM:

they’re both jumping on to the ’mover,
trying to open the doors

Taliq: (( Uh oh! ))

helmeted minion group:

helmeted minion group takes 2 wounds.
helmeted
minion group takes 0 strain.

Taliq: (( They don’t like that you stole
their car ))

Jshock-GM:

They’ll make some Acrobatics; anyone
want to mod their roll?

Taliq: (( I’m happy not to _ ))

Taliq: (( But I’m not the one in the car
))

Jshock-GM:

Mathus, what’s your Pilot? Just your
Agi?

Mathus:

1 rank too. So 1g1y.

Jshock-GM:


makes a Thugs avoiding the treads check!

        

Successes:  1  /  Threat: 4

Jshock-GM:

Ok, they jump on… what bad things
happen though? No damage

Mathus:

Hmm…

Xie: (( ou could take a free maneuver? ))

Mathus:

Well, I imagine they’re in Engaged
distance now already. Meaning next turn I can just start punching
them off.

Jshock-GM:

it looks like 3 can prone someone…

Mathus:

Yeah, have one of them fall off…
then put a setback on the next enemy roll?

Jshock-GM:

they’re engaged, but outside, if that
makes sense; they haven’t torn you out (yet

Jshock-GM:

sure

Jshock-GM:

they’re prone as a group

Jshock-GM:

hanging on precariously

Aquilish thug 94:

Aquilish thug 94 falls prone!

Mohawk thug 88:

Mohawk thug 88 falls prone!

Jshock-GM:

Who’s next?

Mathus: (( Mhm. ))

Xie: (( Hmmm… Lowurra could take one of
these turns ))

Xie: (( And I can use one to try to flank ))

Xie:

Are there any windows along this outer
wal that i could should out of?

Xie:

I guess if they were they’d be
indicated on the map

Jshock-GM:

My gut says no; Ryloth is storm
central, I don’t think windows would really be designed in, since
there’s a good chance they’d break

Xie:

Yeah, makes sense

Jshock-GM:

?maybe vision slits?

  • Jshock-GM flips a coin








Xie:

Its OK, I’ll just flank the old
fashioned way










Jshock-GM:

2









Jshock-GM:

OK, vision slits









Jshock-GM:

You’ll have to clamber over the crates
/ furniture










Xie:

Oh neat! But I can fire from them?









Jshock-GM:

Sure, they’re like cellar windows -
they hinge up










Xie:

Awesome


  • Taliq moves into position atop a crate and
    slides the muzzel of her carbine through a window slit



  • Taliq: (( Clambering is just the one
    maneuver? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, sure



    Taliq: (( Ok I’ll shoot at the thugs then
    PEW PEW ))



    Taliq: (( Them being prone up the
    difficulty?
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    I’m trying to find what prone did; I
    think it’s a setback to ranged attacks at prone, but that doesn’t
    feel right, so we’ll call it normal (2d)







    Mathus:

    It is.

    Mathus:

    Setback to ranged attacks, boost to
    melee attacks.

    Taliq: (( Makes sense ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Uh huh. I don’t think they can
    reasonably take advantage of it hanging off the earthmover

    Taliq: (( Right, your argument is they’re
    not "prone" more "hanging on for dear life"
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, so go ahead

    Taliq: (( It’s a disadvantage they accrued
    from threat, not intentionally taking cover, yeah
    ))

    Taliq:


    makes a Short controlled bursts! check!

                

    Successes:  3  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Taliq:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster Carbine

    R (Hvy)

    Med

    9




    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Taliq: (( woot! +1 damage for point blank ))

    Jshock-GM:

    12, solid… they soak 3…

    Jshock-GM:

    ooh, 13 then

    Taliq: (( unlucky number FOR THEM
    ))

    helmeted minion group:

    helmeted minion group takes 10 wounds.
    helmeted
    minion group takes 0 strain.
    helmeted minion group is defeated!

    Mohawk thug 88:

    Mohawk thug 88 is defeated!

    Aquilish thug 94:

    Aquilish thug 94 is defeated!

    Mathus: (( Wow, that was… one heckuva shot? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Blaster bolts can ricochet, obviously.

    • Taliq fires in two short controlled bursts,
      one at each thug



    Taliq: (( Shooting bad guys is her bag
    ))



    Taliq: (( And I’m good there! ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana? Or Lowurra?









    Jshock-GM:

    Is Tygaran with us?






    Mathus:

    Yep, just quiet looks like.

    Tygaran:

    I planne dto go last, as I’m isolated

    Jshock-GM:

    Ok, cool. Lowurra’s double moving up
    to the corner, by mathus.

    Lowurra:

    VROOOO GROWW (You OK, up there, little
    buddy?)

    Mathus:

    "Yeah."

    • Mathus nods at Taliq inside.


    Mathus: (( We still got comms to each other,
    right? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    I’m assuming you all had them on if
    you wanted



  • Taliq nods back, and withdraws her gun from
    the slit



  • Taliq: (( Only asthetically obviously, as i
    can’t take actions right now
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, baddie’s turn.









    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus, you see an albino human jog
    out from behind that wall, and look around quickly. He spots you
    and your bloody plow.










    Jshock-GM:

    they all run back inside



    Mathus: (( What was their expression when they
    saw me? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    You really only got a good look at the
    albino; his face screwed up in anger, but that was it










    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana, you’re up


  • Jaana Raeth cracks open th door…


  • Taliq: (( What do your elvn eyes see,
    Legolas? :3 ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Alright; because of that little
    antechamber, you can’t see much, but you can see the edge of that
    bar. You’ll have to move in to see more.



  • Jaana Raeth creaps in quietly, gun ready








  • Jshock-GM:

    OK. Give me a stealth vs 2d






    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Shhh! check!

                

    Successes:  2  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s fine. You can hear pretty
    clearly, the oily man is shouting back at someone

    • Jaana Raeth listens





    Angu Drombb:

    ’Why did you let him start one of those
    things!? You people are hopeless!"

    Albino thug 28:

    ’Should have sprung for ignition locks,
    boss…"

    Angu Drombb:

    ’SHUT UP!!!"

    • Jaana Raeth aims at Angu’s head… do I have
      actions left? and how many people in there?









    Jshock-GM:

    You can’t see who he’s shouting at…
    and yes, you can snipe. I’m giving him 2 setback to the roll
    (you’re shooting through pipes from the dispenser, etc). 2d2s










    Jshock-GM:

    We’ll say that was 1 maneuver, so you
    could strain to aim…







    Jaana Raeth:

    I’ll use froce, bosot right?

    Jaana Raeth:

    sure, I recover stain faster.. aiming
    is also a boost?

    Jshock-GM:

    right

    Taliq: (( Assassination! ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Haed stun bossman check!

                      

    Successes:  3  /  Threat: 1

    Jaana Raeth:

    * Phwoooo! *

    Jaana Raeth:

    Jaana Raeth takes 0 wounds.
    Jaana
    Raeth takes 1 strain.

    Jaana Raeth:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Heavy Bladter Rifle

    R (Hvy)

    Long

    11



    • You deal 11 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for

    • Pierce 1 – Ignores 1 point of Soak

    Jshock-GM:

    Take another strain from that threat

    Jaana Raeth:

    Jaana Raeth takes 0 wounds.
    Jaana
    Raeth takes 1 strain.

    • Jshock-GM realizes he never set up this
      guy’s stats, i’ll take care of that now…









    Xie:

    ROFL






    Jaana Raeth:

    (Com spk sound) "Bossman in sight..
    firing…" (com spk off sound)

    Xie:

    "bossman" is a good codename XD

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s still a nasty shot you
    delivered…

    Angu Drombb:

    Angu Drombb takes 11 wounds.
    Angu
    Drombb takes 0 strain.

    Angu Drombb:

    "AAARGHHH!!!"

    Mathus:

    +We taking him alive? You need a
    distraction?
    +

    Angu Drombb:

    • Angu Drombb flees

    Jaana Raeth:

    (Com spk sound) "The reason I grabbed
    this gun was so I could stun…" (com spk off sound)

    Jshock-GM: (( were you shooting to stun? ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    (Com spk sound) "And now he’s tryign
    to get away…" (com spk off sound)

    Jaana Raeth:

    done

    Xie: (( lol ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    well.. of course i am
    he went…

    Mathus:

    +Which direction? Towards us?+

    Jshock-GM:

    He moved to the west; you lost sight
    of him past that

    • Jshock-GM curses the fact that he didn’t put
      VBL on this map (sorta)









    Jshock-GM:

    New round. I’m knocking that last init
    off the board, since a group got wasted.







    Taliq:

    * You guys circle clockwise around
    the building, I’ll flank counter clockwise *

    Taliq: (( I would like to give Jaana one of
    these first turns to pursue Angus Beef ))

    Mathus: (( Sounds good. ))

    Jshock-GM: (( noooo, I didn’t name him… ))

    Mathus:

    ++Uh, kinda tough where I’m
    positioned. I’ll go counter too. Say, is that a landspeeder in
    front of me?

    Taliq: (( Sorry, Star Wars RPG tradition -
    making fun of NPC names
    ))

    Mathus:

    +Uh, kinda tough where I’m
    positioned. I’ll go counter too.
    +

    Mathus: (( Say, is that a landspeeder in front
    of me? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes, it is…

    Mathus:

    +Lowurra, Vale, you want to get in
    the other dozers so he can’t steal them?
    +

    Jaana Raeth: (( OK, I’ll persue mr bossman… ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( . which way I need to go again?
    ))

    Mathus: (( West. ))

    Mathus: (( Thataway, I’m assuming? ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( another door it looks like… ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Those stairs lead to an (unmapped) sub
    level.

    Jshock-GM:

    It’s probably all full of icky
    spiders, so you don’t want to go in there.

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    (Com spk sound) "He’s got a
    sub-basement looks like. Not smart to pursue right now…" (com
    spk off sound)

    Jshock-GM:

    No sign of your target. Another
    maneuver?

    Jaana Raeth:

    (Com spk sound) "If you’re done with
    the bozos outside, turn those movers agaisnt this building…"
    (com spk off sound)

    Jaana Raeth: (( no, done ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, who’s next?

    Taliq: (( Um… lowurra or vale to cut him
    off in case he’s legging it out the back? ))

    Taliq: (( Or me
    ))

    Taliq: (( Or mathus?
    ))

    Taliq: (( Buggrit I’ll go ))

    Taliq: (( How far will a double maneuver get
    me this way around the house? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You could still get around that corner
    if you wanted

    Taliq: (( I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE ))

    Jshock-GM:

    The thugs glance over as you round the
    bend; they have piostols in hand

    Jshock-GM:

    You still have an action…

    Taliq:

    "Hi boys!"

    • Taliq opens fire


    Taliq: (( What else am I gonna do?
    ))



    Mathus: (( Duck back into cover? ))


    Taliq: (( Oh, I take a strain from the extra
    maneuver? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Nah; you’re 1 maneuver 1 action by my
    count




    Taliq: (( Oh neat ))


    Taliq: (( Its fine, I’ll get some advantage
    from this roll, and use it to get back into cover ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Unless you’re aiming? You’re getting 1
    setback for the door jambs




    Taliq: (( What could possibly go wrong! ))


    Taliq: (( Difficulty? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    1d1s


  • Jshock-GM has no destiny to upgrade with atm





  • Taliq:


    makes a Hi boys! check!

                

    Successes:  3  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( Crap ))

    Taliq:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster Carbine

    R (Hvy)

    Med

    9




    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Jshock-GM:

    still, 12…

    Taliq: (( 13 (point blank) ))

    Mathus whispers: Eh, thought
    you had 1 from the one I spent in response to your 1.

    Taliq:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster Carbine

    R (Hvy)

    Med

    9




    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • +1 damage at Short or Point Blank range

    Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    You whisper to JeffG: Oh,
    missed that… ehg, save it for Angus…

    Albino minion group:

    Albino minion group takes 10 wounds.
    Albino
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Taliq: (( Sure would be nice if we had some
    grenades… ))

    Aquilish thug 88:

    Aquilish thug 88 is defeated!

    Scrawny thug 28:

    Scrawny thug 28 is defeated!

    Jshock-GM:

    whoos, i cannot into the maths

    Scrawny thug 28:

    Scrawny thug 28 recovers.

    Taliq: (( Oh. So I only killed half of
    them… I’ll take it
    ))

    Taliq: (( … I guess I’ll still take it XD
    ))

    Taliq: (( OK so can I strain NOW to jump
    back into cover? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, you’re gonna take it all right

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes you can, actually

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq takes 1
    strain.

    Taliq: (( THEN I SHALL XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You sure you want to move there? :D

    Taliq: ((
    ))

    • Taliq falls back and takes cover behind this
      wall?



    Taliq: (( Oh right… that cover is
    meaningless XD ))






    Albino thug 28:

    • Albino thug 28 ’Rush ’er!"

    Taliq: (( WAIT! Its OK I’m just flushing
    them out, so the others get a shot ))

    Taliq: (( All a part of the plan…
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Is getting shot at short range part of
    the plan too?

    Taliq: (( I’m tanking, sshhh
    ))

    Taliq: (( That’s why I took Dodge ))

    Taliq: (( *am planning to take Dodge
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Uh huh.

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Taliq gunned down against a wall check!

          

    Successes:  None  /  Threat:
    1

    Jshock-GM:

    Ouch.

    Taliq:

    "Hey guys! I made some friends!"

    Taliq: (( WOW ))

    Mathus:

    +We see. Coming.+

    Taliq: (( … I expected worse
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Miraculously, like in Pulp Fiction,
    the blaster bolts all seem to miss…

    • Mathus will go next.


    Taliq: (( What are these guys, Storm
    Troopers?
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Rev that engine.


  • Mathus throttles it towards the mob.


  • Mathus: (( Mind if I boost this roll? ))


    Mathus: (( Er, spend a Light Side point to boost
    this roll? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    filfre









    Jshock-GM:

    I’m keeping my current DSP, so you’re
    just vs 2d




    Mathus: (( Tyg, Xie? Sound good? ))


    Taliq: (( Fine ))


    Taliq: (( I’m totally OK with it, in fact XD
    ))






    Mathus:


    makes a Honk Honk check!

            

    Successes:  3  /  Threat: 3

    Jshock-GM:

    that’s 13 dmg, soak 3…

    Jshock-GM:

    …and more threat. Let me see…

    Albino minion group:

    Albino minion group takes 10 wounds.
    Albino
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Scrawny thug 28:

    Scrawny thug 28 is defeated!

    Tatooed thug 40:

    Tatooed thug 40 is defeated!

    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHAHA ))

    • Taliq laughs out loud, and cheers at Mathus








    Jshock-GM:

    Unfortunately, their bodies seemed to
    have gummed up your treads permanantly. Something like a drive
    line snaps, and the eart mover powers down.



  • Mathus lets out one final honk, frowning
    down at the vehicle.



  • Mathus: (( Damn, well it was fun while it
    lasted. ))






    Mathus:

    "You didn’t think I would do again?!"

    • Mathus shouts at the remaining thug.

  • Mathus is done.


  • Xie: (( HAHAHA the skidmarks ))








    Jshock-GM:

    OK – who’s next?



    Xie: (( Meanwhile, Janna sets her weapon to
    stun…
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Incidental; maneuver & action left



    Xie: (( Only vale and lowurra are next? ))


    Xie: (( They are flanking around the house,
    clockwise ))



    Xie: (( To cut off anyone escaping from the
    back ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Did Jaana go?



    Mathus: (( Yeah, she advanced. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Derp






    Lowurra:

    RFFFFF (Flanking)

    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, he could get that far ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq, make a Perception – 3d

    Xie: (( KO ))

    Xie: (( I’m great at perception ))

    Xie:


    makes a Huh wut? check!

              

    Successes:  None  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    Whiff.

    Xie: (( told you
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus, you catch a glimpose of a well
    derssed human fleeing to the northeast…

    Xie: (( Craaaaaap what’s in that big
    building?
    ))

    Xie: (( I bet it’s a ship and he’s gonna
    escape and become a reoccuring villain like Trex almost was ))

    Xie:

    :3

    Mathus:

    +Someone’s running for the big
    building!
    +

    Taliq:

    * Intercept! *

    Taliq: (( I think its vale? ))

    Taliq: (( Useless though he is from all the
    way over there
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, next turn. Vale advances past your
    stuck dozer, Mathus.

    Jshock-GM:

    Out of pistol range!

    Taliq: (( NOOOOOOO ))

    Jshock-GM:

    New turn, though.

    Taliq: (( Its ok, we get two turns. If I
    take one I can get him ))

    • Taliq clicks her weapon to stun, and advances


    Taliq: (( PEW PEW ))


    Jaana Raeth: (( guess I’ll go near last this
    init.. as I don’t see any activity within THIS building
    ))



    Taliq: (( You were essential to flushing
    them out though
    ))



    Taliq: (( Actually we haven’t cleared the
    northern rooms ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, he’s in range – I’m upgrading,
    since I have points now.










    Jshock-GM:

    1d1c



    Taliq: (( Pfffft he’s gonna need more than
    an upgraded dice pool to save him! ))









    Jshock-GM:

    what are you guys at – 4?



    Mathus: (( 4 what? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    destiny






    Taliq:


    makes a You’re not going anywhere… check!

                

    Successes:  2  /  Advantage:
    1

    Taliq:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster Carbine

    R (Hvy)

    Med

    9




    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • +1 damage at Short or Point Blank range

    Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Mathus: (( Think it’s 5. You spent 1, I spent 2.
    ))

    Taliq: (( 12 damage ))

    Mathus: (( So it’d be 1/6 again now. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, fine by me. You shoot stun beams
    at him; he crumples into the dust.

    Taliq: (( woot ))

    Angu Drombb:

    Angu Drombb is knocked out cold!

    Taliq:

    * Tango down *

    Jshock-GM:

    Anything else?

    Taliq: (( I’m good ))

    Jshock-GM:

    The albino jumps on the cab, opens the
    door, and tries to drag poor Mathus out

    Mathus:

    +Right, keep on the watch for any
    other guests. Let’s quick loot him and haul him off.
    +

    Taliq: (( Oh yeah, totally forgot about that
    guy
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    (Com spk sound) "Don’t thank me for
    flushing him out or anything…" (com spk off sound)

    • Mathus is cut off midcomm by the party
      crasher, seems like.



    Mathus: (( What’s he rolling? Brawl vs my Brawl?
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    He’ll upgrade, too.


  • Taliq chuckles








  • Jshock-GM:

    Brawl vs a flat difficulty (2)






    Mathus:

    Aw, not vs my brawl? Okay.

    Taliq:

    + Keep up the good work, Jaana +

    Mathus:

    I’ll upgrade the difficulty in
    response, too.

    Jshock-GM:

    OK.

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Enraged tackle check!

              

    Successes:  1  /  Advantage:
    1

    Mathus: (( Dammit. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    He’s Brawn 3, so 4 stun total; he’ll
    Advantage to give himself a boost next turn, too

    Mathus:

    Okay, 4 stun doesn’t get through my
    soak.

    Jshock-GM:

    At least he tried.

    Mathus:

    +HeyGETOFF!+

    Jshock-GM:

    Who’s next?

    • Mathus will go next.


    Taliq: (( Fair enough ))

  • Mathus slugs the guy in response.








  • Jshock-GM:

    Did you ever put your gloves back on?






    Mathus:

    Nope. This is just regular fisticuffs.

    Mathus:

    vs 2d, right?

    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Shock Gloves

    Brawl

    Engaged

    3



    • You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict 3 strain (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .

    Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Fists

    Brawl

    Engaged

    3



    • You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Jshock-GM:

    Awesome, the cab reeks of manliness

    Jshock-GM:

    that’s righrt

    Mathus:


    makes a Punch check!

              

    Successes:  None  /  Threat:
    2

    Mathus: (( Dammit. ))

    Mathus:

    You hear the sound of punching over
    the comm.

    Jshock-GM:

    Unexpected. You’ll suffer a setback on
    your next action; he blocks, and counterattacks your breadbasket

    Jshock-GM:

    ANything else?

    Taliq: (( Give him the chair!! ))

    Taliq: (( We should totally all just wander
    off and start looting ))

    Taliq: (( And leave Mathus to get beaten up
    by this punk XD ))

    Mathus:

    Not really. I assume I can’t use
    maneuvers to tackle him to the ground.

    Mathus:

    Although I could use my maneuver to
    aim for next turn, right?

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes you could! Won’t eliminate the
    setback, but it does offset the roll with a boost

    Mathus:

    Alright, I do that & end my turn.

    Mathus:

    +A little help here, guys?!+

    Jshock-GM:

    OK. Lowurra starts booking it towards
    mathus, unless you want to go first jaana.

    Jaana Raeth:

    scarely matters…

    Jshock-GM:

    I thought so.

    • Jaana Raeth rushes outside.. shaking her
      head at the carnage she spies along the way…






    Lowurra:

    ROOOOOF (Hang on, little buddy!)

    Jshock-GM:

    New round.

    Jaana Raeth:

    not goign to strain.. so get me as far
    as I can for a ranged attack next time

    Jshock-GM:

    You could probably get outside, around
    Lowurra if you want

    Jshock-GM:

    So who’s going first? mathus?

    Taliq: (( Yeah let mathus go first ))

    Taliq: (( Then whoever is closest can go to
    his aid
    ))

    Taliq:

    + Negative, securing captive +

    Taliq: (( Trolololol ))

    • Mathus will go first.

  • Mathus spends another maneuver to aim… (I
    can aim twice, right?)









  • Jshock-GM:

    That’s rude, but funny. +0.005 xp



    Taliq: (( XD ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Hmmm…









    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, sounds cinematic, so i’ll allow
    it










    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus winds up BIG






    Mathus:

    Alright, rolling.

    Mathus:


    makes a Punch check!

                    

    Successes:  3  /  Threat: 3

    Mathus:

    3+3 = 6 damage total.

    Jshock-GM:

    This is not your day, Mathus.

    Mathus:

    Hey, I hit. That take him out?

    Albino minion group:

    Albino minion group takes 3 wounds.
    Albino
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    He is at 1 wound.

    Mathus: (( Dammit! ))

    Taliq: (( ROFL ))

    Jshock-GM:

    your "dewback special" strikes clean,
    but you’re off balance – you fall prone

    Mathus:

    Mathus falls prone!

    Mathus:

    "OOF!"

    Xie:

    I only wish Taliq could see this
    triumph of hand to hand combat

    • Mathus spends a maneuver to get back up?








    Jshock-GM:

    That would be most wise.






    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes
    2 strain.

    • Mathus stands back up. Done.





    Mathus:

    Mathus stands up.

    Jshock-GM:

    the honorable Lowurra could make it
    into combat…

    Jaana Raeth: (( send in the wookie ))

    Xie: (( Deploy the wookiee ))

    Mathus: (( Wookie deployed. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Wookie moves, strains to engage… and
    attempts to pull the albino off Mathus

    Mathus whispers: And yeah,
    Pg.130 of the Beta guide says you can spend 2 consecutive maneuvers
    aiming for 2 Boost.

    Lowurra:

    Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra
    takes 2 strain.

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Kashyyk slam check!

                

    Successes:  2  /  Advantage:
    2

    Lowurra:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Fists

    Brawl

    Eng

    2



    • You deal 5 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Xie: (( BOOM ))

    Albino minion group:

    Albino minion group takes 4 wounds.
    Albino
    minion group takes 0 strain.
    Albino minion group is defeated!

    Albino thug 28:

    Albino thug 28 is knocked out cold!

    Lowurra:

    • Lowurra nods at Mathus

    Xie:

    Mathus, you owe Lowurra a blood debt

    • Mathus nods.








    Xie:

    jk






    Mathus:

    "Thanks Lowurra."

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you guys are out of combat. 2 KOd
    bodies; everything else is a stain on the ground

    Mathus:

    +Threat’s neutralized. Let’s loot
    them and go home.
    +

    Xie:

    Literally in some cases

    • Mathus frisks the pummeler first.

  • Taliq binder cuffs the perp, just to be on
    the safe side






  • Mathus:

    +And keep an eye out for guests.+

    Taliq:

    + I’m curious as to where bossman was
    headed, going to check out this building +

    • Jaana Raeth head to a dozer intent upon
      razing this cantina…









    Jshock-GM:

    OK. This place seems quiet; you seem
    to have free run of the place now.







    Jaana Raeth:

    "Ok then, let’s flatten this and be on
    our way."

    • Taliq checks for traps








    Jshock-GM:

    That might take a bit (the place is
    basically made of solid concrete), but you have the time if you
    want to spend it



  • Taliq just checks itout


  • Taliq: (( Was kidding about checking for
    traps : ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Alright; the first 5 floors of the hab
    building are all identical rooms (like hotel rooms). The top floor
    is a penthouse & office




    Mathus: (( All empty? ))





    Mathus:

    +Find anything we might tap or hack
    into?
    +

    Jshock-GM:

    It looks like most of them were
    unoccupied

    Mathus:

    +If we can find a datapad, a
    computer, some kind of connection… we might be able to trace his
    sources.
    +

    Jshock-GM:

    The penthouise has a terminal, and
    there’s a large safe in an office in the cantina…

    Taliq:

    + Mathus, I have a terminal for you+

    Taliq: (( Cracking the safe mechanics or
    computers? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    What are you doing with Drombb?

    Jshock-GM:

    Skulduggery, actually

    Taliq: (( I bindercuffed him ))

    Taliq: (( Bindercuffed him to something
    solid, if available ))

    Taliq: (( A radiator or something I guess
    ))

    Mathus:

    +Nice.+

    Jshock-GM:

    There’s plenty of exposed pipes you
    can lock him to, no prob

    Taliq: (( Done! ))

    Mathus: (( I have Skulduggery. Moment… ))

    Mathus: (( Yeah, 1/2 skulduggery. ))

    Taliq: (( I’ll leave the
    hacking/slicing/cracking to the experts ))

    Mathus:

    +I’ll be in in a moment.+

    Taliq: (( Though I do have 1g1y computers if
    an assist would help with the terminal ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Also, plenty of free food & drink

    Mathus:

    +Watch those other 2 dozers; don’t
    want any latecomers getting any bright ideas.
    +

    • Taliq grabs a bite to eat








    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, you can peek over his shoulder
    and backseat haxxor










    Jshock-GM:

    What were we doing – 2d for a boost?



    Taliq: (( In the industry we call it pair
    programming
    ))


  • Jaana Raeth just chills on a dozer.. keepign
    watch






  • Taliq:


    makes a Pair programming check!

            

    Successes:  2  /  Threat: 2

    • Jshock-GM grins


    Taliq: (( Uh oh ))








    Jshock-GM:

    He gets his boost… and also a
    setback. Your advice is correct, but you have trouble articulating.







    Taliq:

    "Just hit that button… no THAT
    button… y’know, THE BUTTON, HIT IT!"

    Jshock-GM:

    Exactly.

    Mathus: (( Mind if I spend a destiny on this? ))

    Mathus:

    Also, what difficulty is this check?

    Jshock-GM:

    Hus personal terminal is well
    encrypted; 3d. Feel free to upgrade.

    • Mathus will upgrade, then.





    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    Mathus:

    Spending a Force point on this.

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Mathus:


    makes a Computers check!

                      

    Successes:  4  /  Threat: 1

    Taliq: (( Do it ))

    Taliq: (( Yeaaaaah ))

    Mathus:

    Badoom.

    Taliq: (( That’s how daddy gets his hacking
    on ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Alright. The hack is intense (take 1
    strain), but you get the job done. You have access to his files
    (mostly pertaining to purchasing the land, construction,
    logistics, etc)

    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes
    1 strain.

    • Mathus downloads all of it onto his datapad
      for future reference.


  • Mathus also does a search for any references
    to Teemo or Tattoine.









  • Jshock-GM:

    All of it is much more than you can
    fit on your datapad.







    Mathus:

    Damn. Time to narrow things down.

    Jshock-GM:

    Give me another Computers (2d, narrow
    search)

    Mathus:


    makes a Computers check!

                

    Successes:  2  /  Advantage:
    3

    Taliq: (( yeah good idea, see if he has any
    ties to Teemo ))

    Mathus: (( Sweet. ))

    • Taliq pats Mathus on the shoulder





    Taliq:

    "Nice work, Mathus"

    Mathus:

    "Moment, not done yet, let me focus…"

    Mathus: (( Hmmm, I’ll see what the initial
    successes reveal before I decide how to spend that advantage. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You don’t find any direct references
    to the hutt… but messages to Thweek crop up a couple of times.
    They’re partially destroyed holo transmissions, so you only get
    this side of the messages:

    Jshock-GM:

    Message 1

    Mathus:

    "Thweek. He’s been in contact with
    Thweek."

    • Mathus starts bringing up the messages for
      the others to see.






    Angu Drombb:

    "Yeah, risky business… I’m amazed Trex
    got away with that droid tech, personally."

    Angu Drombb:

    "Yeah, you never know with those
    kriffin’ bugs – you know, with all their castes? Annoy the wrong
    one, the whole thing falls down on our heads."

    Taliq: (( That make any sense? ))

    Angu Drombb:

    "I thought it was all going to fall
    through when we lost Duke Piddock, myself – but this Dimmock, he
    might be the one for us…"

    Jshock-GM:

    You’re hearing one side of a
    conversation

    Jshock-GM:

    Message 2

    Taliq: (( I mean do we know of any "bug"
    race with a caste-based social structure ))

    Angu Drombb:

    "Heh – decapitated, huh? Make kriffing
    sure none of them hear about THAT!"

    Angu Drombb:

    "Oh, yeah, total hypocrites – they’re
    more than willing to kill off their drones in their games at the
    drop of a hat, but the minute you kill one of them, the whole
    deal’s off!"

    Tygaran:

    geonotion? (sp?)

    Angu Drombb:

    ‘Make kriffing sure they never hear what
    happened to Sivor, then – it’d be all over!"

    Jshock-GM:

    Message ends

    Taliq: (( Yeah that’s what I was thinking,
    but I don’t know if we know in character ))

    Taliq: (( Geonoshan? Geanotian?
    ))

    Mathus:

    "Sivor? Hmm…"

    • Mathus uploads those messages to his
      datapad. Anything else?



    Jshock-GM: (( Geonosian. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Not much else. Some notes that
    indicate he was after New Meem=n.



  • Taliq nods





  • Taliq:

    "Good work Mathus, now…"

    • Taliq points casually at the safe








    Jshock-GM:

    And, yes. You guys can give me
    knowledge vs 1d to confirm your suspicions…







    Mathus:


    makes a Knowledge check!

              

    Successes:  3  /  Advantage:
    1

    Taliq:


    makes a Geeanoshjians? check!

          

    Successes:  1  /  No
    Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes. Geonosians do hae a caste
    society, and do have gladitorial games regularly.

    Mathus:

    "Right…"

    • Mathus glances at the safe.





    Taliq:

    "interesting… Why would he have
    dealings with Geonosians?"

    Mathus:

    "Not sure yet. But first…"

    • Mathus finishes up a few things on the
      computer.



    Mathus: (( First off, can Mathus get Thweek’s
    "Email address"? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    If you wanted, you can save those
    recordings



  • Mathus already did.





  • Jaana Raeth:

    "Can you hack the land ownership for
    that New Meen elder?"

    Mathus: (( Second, any way we can access his
    bank account? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Dear gods, no – encrypted with a 1 use
    key

    • Mathus hmms.


    Mathus: (( Third, can we hack the land ownership
    for that New Meen elder? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    That’s an interesting question









    Jshock-GM:

    there’s probably an oficcial computer
    to go through… a heavily encrypted one…







    Jaana Raeth:

    "Or forge a bill of sale to them?"

    Taliq: (( Worth a try ))

    Taliq: (( Jaana have computers? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    We’ll call it a straight 4d and time.
    Difficult, but not impossible.

    Jaana Raeth:

    3g only

    Jshock-GM:

    It’s night by now, too…

    Mathus:

    "Possible… barely. It’ll take quite
    a bit of time too. I’m sure we’d be done with it and out before
    the other workers find out what happened."

    Mathus: (( I’m not sure. ))

    • Taliq checks on the prisoner





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Probably don’t need to do it here
    anyway. We’ve got the bossman anyway. Let’s drag him back to the
    twi’leks."

    Jshock-GM:

    He’s awake; he’s got a nasty surface
    burn on his chest, but he’s alive

    Mathus:

    "Right. First, though, the safe…"

    • Mathus checks it out; what difficult
      Skulduggery to break it open?



    Mathus: (( Er, difficulty Skulduggery? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    It’s a keypad lock; hard to crack. 3d


  • Taliq brings him inside and lets him eat and
    use facilities, but keeps him bound and under guard






  • Mathus:

    "Interesting…"

    • Mathus breaks out a few tools.


    Mathus: (( You two mind if I spend a Destiny on
    this? ))






    Taliq:

    + What are we planning to do with
    bossman? +

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Hand im over and let the locals
    decide."

    Mathus:

    "Been a while since I hacked a D47
    model…"

    Taliq:

    + Mathus, can you check the
    intraspacenet to see if there are any bounties on him? +

    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus, make a Knowledge check. 1d.

    Taliq:

    + If not , we hand him over to the
    locals… +

    Mathus:


    makes a Knowledge check!

              

    Successes:  3  /  Advantage:
    1

    Jshock-GM:

    As you’re getting ready to pry the
    cover off the keypad, it occurs to you that D47s use number
    strings like the code you found earlier..

    Mathus: (( About that same length? Hmm… ))

    • Mathus pauses, gets out the code he found
      earlier.






    Mathus:

    "Wonder if…"

    • Mathus tries entering it in.








    D47:

    beep bop boop click


  • D47 opens


  • Taliq: (( OMG AWESOME XD ))





    Mathus:

    "…Why the hell did a random mook
    have the code to this guy’s safe?"

    • Mathus checks what’s inside.


    Mathus: (( Or wait, it’s a safe in the cantina,
    right? So probably common access… ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Inside, you find a big stack of credit
    chips; 2000, after you count them all.







    Vale:

    "Nice stack of loot there…"

    Mathus:

    "Very."

    • Mathus doles them out, 400 each.

  • Taliq nods





  • Taliq:

    "Looks like we get paid for this job
    afterall…"

    Mathus:

    "Anything else?"

    • Mathus glances at the others.





    Mathus:

    "Brings back memories…"

    Vale:

    "We should probably finish up. Predators
    start coming out about now…"

    Mathus:

    "Right. We can steal the other two
    dozers but-"

    • Mathus pauses a moment.





    Mathus:

    "Actually, they’d probably trace this
    back to the encampment nearby anyway. We might as well take the
    dozers."

    Taliq:

    "Alright, let’s roll out"

    • Mathus hmms.





    Vale:

    "I’m sure bossman over there won’t miss
    ’em. Will you, bosssman?

    Taliq: (( Did we loot the badguys? ))

    Angu Drombb:

    groaaan

    Mathus: (( We can do that on the way to the
    dozers. ))

    Taliq: (( Aight ))

    Mathus:

    "I feel sorry for the poor mechanic
    that has to clean the innards out of that one dozer."

    • Mathus frowns.








    Jshock-GM:

    The ones who weren’t pasted were just
    carrying some blasters










    Jshock-GM:

    A couple had some fine bantha skin
    jackets…







    Mathus:

    "More gear for the rebels."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "That’s likely to be you
    Mathus." (inregards to cleaning dozer)

    Mathus:

    "It’s not moving until its cleaned
    out, and I’m not sticking around long enough to do so."

    Taliq: (( Can I snag a heavy blaster pistol?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    They were just using regular ones, but
    you can grab one if you want

    • Taliq gathers up the blasters to take back
      to the villagers









    Jshock-GM:

    Long story short: you make it back to
    camp, where they are perparing a funeral pyer




    Taliq: (( Nah it’s alight, we’ll just use
    them to arm the militia ))









    Jshock-GM:

    pyre



    Taliq: (( Who died? :3 ))


    Taliq: (( JK ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Let me prepare a pyre, then cut & paste






    Mathus:

    We arrive the two-dozer style.

    Jaana Raeth: (( and AVOID the buildings…
    ))

    Garos:

    "Ah, it seems you have arrived in time.
    What did you find?"

    Bura Ban 877:

    Bura Ban 877 recovers.

    Taliq: (( RESSURECTIOn!!?! ))

    Jshock-GM: (( just taking the state off of
    the deceased ))

    Taliq:

    "Veni, vidi, vici…"

    Taliq: (( That’s a High Galactic saying
    ))

    Mathus:

    "Droomb. Two dozers. And some
    interesting messages."

    Mathus:

    "Oh, and several more weapons,
    courtesy of some recently-deceased assholes."

    Jshock-GM: (( language… ))

    Garos:

    "I see. It would appear you have brought
    Mr. Drombb as well…"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Say hello master, bossman"

    • Jaana Raeth smacks the back of his head

  • Taliq hands the weapons over to the militia








  • Jaana Raeth:

    ^ his = drombb






    Garos:

    "We will deal with him later… now, we
    must mourn."

    Taliq: (( Garos’ icon’s face doesn’t look
    very mournful XD’ ))

    Garos:

    "Would you like to say something in
    memory of your friend?"

    Mathus: (( He’s crying on the inside. ))

    Taliq:

    "Of course."

    Jshock-GM: (( tears of a clown, man ))

    • Mathus just goes silent.

  • Taliq looks expectantly, hopefully at the
    others



  • Jshock-GM: (( anyone? ))

  • Taliq sighs, and steps forward





  • Taliq:

    "B’ura B’uan was of… exceptional
    character."

    Taliq:

    "It didn’t take him long to fight his
    way into our hearts…"

    Taliq:

    "Perhaps his only flaw was that he
    cared not for himself, but worked selflessly for the sake of
    others…"

    Taliq:

    "Indeed he died bravely, so that we
    could live, and fight on in his memory."

    Taliq:

    "For New Meen!"

    • Xie winces

  • Taliq shuffles awkwardly back to the group

  • the crowd B’an’s Rangers

  • B’an’s Rangers let out a roar at Taliq’s
    words!






  • Garos:

    "Well spoken… Would anyone else like
    to speak?"

    • Mathus was never one for words.


    Mathus: (( Drookie roars something. Crowd blinks
    in confusion. ))






    Garos:

    "So be it. Then let his body be commited
    to the storms; let his spirit fly like dust in the wind…"

    Jshock-GM:

    The pyre lights up bright, immolating
    the body

    • Mathus waits for it to be over.

  • Taliq stares solemly into the flames





  • Garos:

    "You have done us a great service; we
    are free. Feel free to stay as long as you need."

    Taliq:

    "Never again," she whispers to herself.

    Jshock-GM:

    FADE TO BLACK

    Jshock-GM:

    GG, guys

    Mathus: (( Hurgh, before we could conspire with
    Garos! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You can conspire next session (or on
    the forums).

    Xie:

    gg indeed

    Xie:

    Yeah we can figure out our next move
    in the interim

    Xie:

    That’s a good solem place to end it

    Xie:

    (And conveniently just before
    midnight, good timing GM
    )

    Jshock-GM:

    You guys are oficially halfwqay
    through the adventure

    Tygaran:

    kk.. night all

    Mathus:

    Argh, yeah.

    Tygaran:

    goign to play that other star wars
    game… swtor

    Mathus:

    Heh.

    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, I’m glad that timing worked out

    Mathus:

    Did we get some more XP? Or do we have
    a bit longer to go on that?

    Jshock-GM:

    When did I give you XP last? last
    session, or the session before?

    Tygaran:

    not last at any rate

    Jshock-GM:

    OK; we’re at midpoint, either way. 10
    xp for the lot of you

    Mathus:

    Just before last session.

    Xie:

    Session before, yeah

    Xie:

    YAYS!!!

    Mathus:

    Let’s see… gets out Plan

    Xie:

    Wait, I didn’t spend my last 10 XP…

    Xie:

    oops

    Jshock-GM:

    So now you have 20!

    Xie:

    Yay!

    Xie:

    OK I should get some sleep

    You whisper to Xie: Since you
    grabbed that cluster of crystals… any desire to go force sensetive?

    Xie says to the GMs: … that’s an option? XD

    Mathus:

    Hrm… I should probably bump up my
    Brawl now.

    Xie:

    Hahahaha

    Xie:

    You certainly got some practice this
    session

    Tygaran is disconnected.

    Mathus:

    Ayep.

    Mathus:

    And next, Skulduggery.

    Mathus:

    Heh, funny thing…

    You whisper to Xie: yeah, check
    the beta; it costs a certain amout of xp to buy into force sensetivity

    Mathus:

    I think the "kid from Tattoine" might
    be the most ruthless of you lot.

    Mathus:

    "Alright, uh, never done this before,
    but uh… let’s run over half of them with a dozer, loot the
    others, and then hack into this guy’s account and steal all his
    stuff."

    Xie whispers: that was just a
    whim, I didn’t even think about it XD

    Jshock-GM:

    I was hoping that fistfight would
    stretch out a bit, and turn into an Indiana Jones slugfest

    Mathus:

    I was hoping to one-shot him onto the
    ground.

    Xie whispers: I’ll take a peek
    at the beta rulebook, maybe!
    I do have 20xp to burn afterall

    Xie:

    XD

    Xie:

    hey, don’t knock it, it totally worked

    You whisper to Xie: I was
    thinking it could be a good conduit for a force ghost or something

    Mathus:

    Heheh.

    Mathus:

    BTW, we recover a wound for each full
    night’s rest, right?

    Xie whispers: Oh right, hence
    how Taliq would get trained?

    Jshock-GM:

    yes you do, plus Jaana could be
    clericing

    You whisper to Xie: right

    • Taliq sleeps soundly


    Xie whispers: Hmmm… sounds
    good to me






    Mathus:

    Mhm. Don’t think I recovered one wound
    for the previous night.

    Mathus:

    Mind if I retroactively recover that?

    Jshock-GM:

    Fine by me, I’m assuming the party is
    taking a big ’ol break

    Mathus:

    Really? I was assuming we’d be jumped
    the next day; or have the other irate workers attack us.

    Mathus:

    Mathus is healed and gains back 1
    wounds.
    Mathus takes 0 strain.

    Mathus:

    So we aren’t getting any more
    resistance from Droomb’s men?

    Xie:

    Yeah, we should probably put our feet
    up for at least a day

    Jshock-GM:

    No, you killed all of them, Mathus…
    YOU KILLED ALLL OF THEM

    Xie:

    OK I really should get to bed, back to
    the salt mine in the morning

    Xie:

    ’night all, gg wp! _

    Jshock-GM:

    Same, unless there’s something else
    urgent to discuss

    Xie:

    (The only resistance Droombs men are
    gonna give you is… having to peel the bits of them from the
    treads of that roller XD)

    </body>
    </html>

    Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 6

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Jshock