Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 5

Tygaran has connected.

Tygaran:

evening

Jshock-GM:

hey

Tygaran:

wierd… when I’ve no token selected I
can see th ecity.. when I select Jaana everything goes black

Jshock-GM:

I’ve got individual FoW on, give me a
sec

Jshock-GM:

better?

Tygaran:

yup

  • Jaana Raeth wonders why Mathus is
    gore-covered…









Jshock-GM:

still haven’t figured out why it’s
exposing so much…










Jshock-GM:

I have no explanation for that action.






Jaana Raeth:

something right where Jaana is now…

  • Jaana Raeth is at the center of the large
    reveal









Jshock-GM:

there’s absolutely nothing there.









Jshock-GM:

Wait… maybe it’s one of the overlays?









Tygaran:

is there an image on the backgroun, or
is that part of the map? If the former it might have a light…










Tygaran:

anything with vision on the hidden
layer will reveal the token layer as well










Jshock-GM:

The texture? That’s placed when i
built the map




Xie has connected.








Xie:

Hello









Xie:

Sadly Fox can’t make it tonight









Jshock-GM:

Yeah, I did catch a couple of the
lights with sight, but they’re already debugged… I rerevealed
and it’s still there










Xie:

So I hope there won’t be any
negotiation required










Jshock-GM:

Hey Xie









Jshock-GM:

I was just talking to him; he’ll jump
on if the inspectors aren’t showing for some reason




JeffG has connected.








Jshock-GM:

but yeah









Xie:

Haha nice









JeffG:

‘lo.









JeffG:

Hm?









Xie:

hi









Jshock-GM:

Fox is having an apartment inspection
right now (maybe)










Jshock-GM:

he’s doing an emergency scrub down so
they don’t toss him










JeffG:

Okay, so he’ll be gone for most of the
session?










JeffG:

Also, seems like a lotta people need
emergency scrub downs…










Jshock-GM:

I’m assuming he’ll be gone period









Jshock-GM:

Yeah, about that… why?









JeffG:

K, so we’re just waiting on Drookie
then.










Xie:

Hahaha Drookiee









Jshock-GM:

Bill S. Drookie, Esq.









Xie:

XD









Jshock-GM:

HArvey Drookie, Attorney at law









Jshock-GM:

Any of you guys heard the new Daft
Punk yet?




Drekkan has connected.








Jshock-GM:

I’m listening right now… not super
hyped










JeffG:

Hey Drookie.









Jshock-GM:

You are now Drookie, Drekkan – you
have no say in thins










Drekkan:

mmm









Jshock-GM:

Drrokie know, Drookie don’t care.









JeffG:

BTW, might be a tad spotty for the
first half-hour… cooking supper.










Jshock-GM:

Oh, I put this up on the forums just a
minute ago, but for any one who didn’t see it; I’ve got
thunderstorms incoming, my power might go down suddenly










JeffG:

K.









Drekkan:

heh









Drekkan:

Also – I may be very very hit and miss









Xie:

Well if we all get suddenly
disconnected we’ll know why










Xie:

Had some thunder and lightning here in
DC last night










Jshock-GM:

Weather’s getting funny; last one was
really harsh










Jshock-GM:

Everyone good to roll some destiny?
I’ll roll for Vale







Mathus:


makes a Destiny check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Jshock-GM:


makes a Vale’s Destiny check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 2

Tygaran:


makes a light maybe? check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Tygaran:

apparently still no light force from
Jaana

Taliq:


makes a check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Jshock-GM:

oddly, the force die is skewed towards
light

Taliq:

boo

Jshock-GM:

Let’s see it, Drookie

Drekkan:


makes a check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

  • Jshock-GM silently fist pumps once,
    vertically.






The Dark Side:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

DECREASE THE FORCE

Xie:

Off to a great start

Jshock-GM:

Recap? Recap.

Jshock-GM:

SESSION RECAP





When we left our heroes, they had just finished
interrogating the mercenary airspeeder pilot, who revealed
they were hired by a kubaz in employ of TEEMO THE HUTT!
Exploring the cave for loot, TALIQ wandered to one of the
caves and found a cluster of ADEGAN CRYSTALS… and also a
large and hungry LYLEK! Discretion being the better part
of valor, the party left the caves for NEW MEEN.

After
arriving at NEW MEEN, they explained the death of B’URA
B’AN to the settlement’s impromptu leader, GAROS. He in
turn explained a twist in the settlement’s problems; the
aquilish raiders had been driven off, only to be replaced
by the thuggish workers of the shady contractor DROMBB! A
group of said workers arrived later that night and
destroyed a resident’s home in a fit of reckless
driving… and were dispatched by the group soon after!
What will happen to our heroes next?

Xie:

Recap!

  • Mathus still has blood on his hands. And
    over his overalls now.


  • Jaana Raeth wonders why Mathus is
    gore-covered…


  • Mathus blinks, glances at his companions.

  • Taliq ditto






  • Jshock-GM:
    • Twi is silently horrified

    Taliq:

    "… having… fun… Mathus…?"

    • Mathus blinks.





    Mathus:

    "I was just searching him for stuff.
    You didn’t take the time to see if the dead guy had anything
    valuable?"

    • Mathus looks around for something to wipe
      off his hands on.






    Taliq:

    "Searching him WHERE?"

    • Taliq fights off an emerging grin

  • Theebo the Boy is still blacked out from
    shock



  • Taliq: (( So are these two thugs just
    stunned, or dead? ))



    Taliq: (( Because obviously the leader has
    passed on
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Were you shooting to stun? I didn’t
    see anyone saying that




    Taliq: (( I didn’t shoot, but Jaana was I
    think ))



    Taliq: (( And Vale maybe? Obviously the
    wookiee wasn’t set to stun though
    ))



    Taliq: (( Doesn’t bother me either way, just
    checking ))



    Mathus: (( Jaana & Vale. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, vibroaxes have no stun setting.
    At all.




    Taliq: (( FUNNY THAT XD ))

  • Mathus , lacking a better option, wipes off
    his hands on the back of Theebo’s clothes/uniform.



  • Taliq: (( EW XD ))





    Mathus:

    "HIs pockets, okay? Blood soaked…
    everywhere."

    Lowurra: (( my screen is all black… odd ))

    Mathus: (( Deselect your character. ))

    Mathus: (( If you have your character
    selected, it goes black. ))

    • Taliq smiles confusedly, staring at Mathus


    Taliq: (( And remember to select the right
    map ))


  • Jaana Raeth shakes her head at Mathus
    looting habits


  • Mathus , once his hands are clean, then
    searches through Theebo’s pockets.



  • Drekkan is disconnected.


    Jshock-GM: (( I think I might have just
    borked Drekkan’s connection… ))



    Taliq: (( Why did you kick Drookiee? XD ))


    Jshock-GM: (( I got an error when I was
    exposing FoW ))



    Jshock-GM: (( I hope it’s not related ))





    Taliq:

    "You can take the boy out of Tatooine,
    but you can’t take Tatooine out of the boy…"

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you find pretty much what the
    corpse had on him; a few spare credits, pocket lint, etc

    Taliq:

    "Hey Jaana, this blaster burn still
    stings a bit, I don’t suppose you could take a quick peek at it
    could you?"

    Taliq: (( Never got around to healing lol ))

    Jshock-GM: (( oh, new session; you guys can
    refesh your strain ))

    Taliq: (( woot ))

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq is
    healed and gains back 26 strain.

    Mathus whispers: A string of
    numbers?

    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus is
    healed and gains back 20 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus, the townsfolk are all
    universally disturbed, but eventually one of them points you in
    the direction of a fresher.

    Mathus:

    "Ah, appreciated. Can the rest of you
    strip them of anything valuable?"

    • Mathus glances at the others.





    Mathus:

    "They might have ID cards or something
    that might be useful."

    Player "Mathus" is not connected.

    Mathus: (( Hmm, are they wearing uniforms? Any
    form of identification? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Nope. Pretty much just what you’d
    expect on construction workers; heavy, worn clothing

    Jshock-GM:

    they were all carrying blasters

    Taliq: (( We should arm some of the
    villagers with the extra blasters we have! ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "They might have some loose cred chips
    or something, bu I’d think the locals should get them.. it was
    their building the thugs damaged."

    Taliq: (( And teach them how to use them.
    Teach a man to fish etc etc ))

    Taliq:

    "I agree. It’s small money anyway."

    Garos:

    • Garos walks towards the group
    • Mathus returns from the fresher.





    Mathus:

    "Mm, point."

    • Mathus seems relieved to finally have clean
      hands… although his uniform’s still got bloody smears on it.






    Garos:

    "You see what we have to deal with? I
    don’t know what we’ll do now…"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Sorry about the mess," she tells Garos

    Mathus:

    "What do you mean?"

    Garos:

    • Garos shakes his head sadly
    • Mathus glances at Garos.





    Mathus:

    "I’m thinking of plenty to do…"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You might want to put that one to
    work…" thumbs at the younf thug

    Taliq:

    "Sorry to spill blood on the streets,
    but there’s only one way to deal with thugs like this."

    Garos:

    "A good idea, young woman!"

    Garos:

    • Garos kicks Theebo

    Garos:

    "Get up, lazy one! Help clear this
    debris!"

    Garos:

    "Get that mercenary here too, he can be
    put to work!"

    Theebo the Boy:

    Theebo the Boy wakes up.

    Taliq:

    "Any of the settlers know their way
    around a blaster, or willing to learn?"

    Garos:

    "As I said, we’re not fighters… but
    I’m sure you can find some volunteers…"

    Garos:

    "What exactly do you have planned?"

    Taliq:

    "Even once we’ve dealt with these
    scum, more are bound to follow

    • Mathus keeps his mouth shut for now, not
      wanting to mention any potential sabotage in front of the boy.






    Taliq:

    "If this settlement is to survive,
    you’ll need to know how to defend yourselves. It’s what Bura would
    want."

    Mathus whispers: Does Mathus
    have any idea what the string of numbers might be for?

    Player "Mathus" is not connected.

    You whisper to JeffG: No idea

    You whisper to JeffG: you think
    it’s a combonation for something, but there’s no indication as to what

    Garos:

    • Garos nods in agreement

    Garos:

    "You have a point… but what good are a
    few blasters againnst all those men? Something major must be done!"

    Mathus:

    "Can we discuss this away from them?"

    • Mathus thumbs towards the captives.


    Taliq: (( you mean "captive"
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    About that… everyone make Perception
    checks, no diff…







    Taliq:


    makes a See what I can see sea sea check!
        
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 1
    Triumph: 1/

    Taliq: (( TRIUMPHAN ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Perception check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 2

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s plenty right there… where’s
    the merc?

    Taliq: (( What merc? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    The one who piloted the airspeeder?

    Taliq: (( … Oh right… lol ))

    Taliq:

    "Where’d that merc get to?"

    • Taliq climbs atop the bulldozer to get a
      better view









    Jshock-GM:

    Your triumph gives you the answer…
    in the dust by Garos’s tent, you spot your binders glinting off
    the lights







    Taliq:

    "Sith spit!"

    Taliq: (( jk ))

    Jshock-GM:

    HAsty footprints lead off into the
    desert night

    Taliq:

    "Well that could be a problem…"

    • Taliq retreives her binders





    Garos:

    ’Bah. Let the desert take him, the
    fool…"

    Mathus:

    "Are you sure he’s heading that
    way…?"

    Taliq:

    "I’d wager that he’s hardy enough to
    survive the desert. Either we go after him, or we prepare for the
    inevitable reprisal…"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "We could go after him in the crawler
    we ‘borrowed’. It’ll give us some time to discuss what to do next
    in private."

    Mathus:

    "And I doubt he can outrun it… if we
    can track him."

    Garos:

    "I will come with you – if my people are
    to be involved I want to hear about it."

    Taliq:

    "If we’re going to do it, we’d better
    do it fast while the tracks are fresh. They won’t last long if
    there’s any wind."

    Taliq: (( Totally made that up, but it
    sounds true
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Scene wipe to the interior of
    the crawler…

    • Taliq is totally a tracker… but not an
      Expert Tracker, because she did not take that talent









    Jshock-GM:

    Luckily, Jaana has a GP scanner that
    can pick up on things!




    Taliq: (( lol, who needs trackers! ))








    Jshock-GM:

    It’s actually going to allow you to
    make the roll in the first place, because trying to look for
    footprints at night? Probably close to impossible.




    Taliq: (( Oh right ))





    Jaana Raeth:

    so, you need a rollof some kind?

    Jshock-GM:

    Survival check from whoever’s
    operating the scanner… 2d1c (I’m spending a destiny, he’s
    covering his tracks)

    Taliq: (( I suspect Jaana will actually be
    better at this, Taliq isn’t great on the smarts skills ))

    Taliq: (( Yeah that’d be you _ ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Survival check!
                
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Despair: 1

    Jaana Raeth:

    doh!

    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHA ))

    Taliq: (( Glad it wasn’t me this time
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Wow. umm…

    Jshock-GM:

    TAliq, you driving I’m assumign?

    Taliq: (( Yeah ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Well, unfortunately for the groupm you
    were so focused on Jaana’s readigs you failed to notice the
    boulde3r in your path. You manage to high center the crawler on it.

    Jshock-GM:

    SCRAAAAAPE

    Taliq:

    "Well… there’s always Plan B…"

    Taliq:

    "Mathus, how long do you think that’ll
    take us out of action?"

    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus, Mechanics to assess.

    Mathus: (( K. Just got back from eating. ))

    Mathus: (( No difficulty on the Mechanics
    check? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    No difficulty

    Mathus:


    makes a Mechanics check!
            
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 4

    Jshock-GM:

    No sweat. You can clearly see the
    damage to the lift plates; you can get it off the rock, but it’s
    not going to be doing anything but limping until you can get it
    around some shop tools.

    • Mathus sighs.

  • Taliq shrugs





  • Taliq:

    "Sorry…"

    Mathus:

    "I can get it off the rocks, but until
    I can get it to an actual shop, it’ll crawl slower than a
    pregnant bantha."

    The Dark Side:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    Taliq:

    "We could try to continue pursuit on
    foot, or head back and prepare some defences…"

    The Force:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Mathus:

    "I don’t think wandering around the
    desert at foot is advisable, and Teemo won’t learn more than he
    would if they never showed up."

    Mathus:

    "Personally, I think we should go on
    the offensive."

    Mathus:

    "We cause enough damage to the
    operation, that should convince them to pull out."

    • Taliq nods





    Taliq:

    "Sound strategy. So we head straight
    for his stronghold and assault it? Sounds risky…"

    Mathus:

    "It’s not a stronghold, it’s a
    construction site."

    Taliq: (( I can’t remember, do the settlers
    know where the bad guy is holed up? Is he living near the construction
    site? ))

    Mathus:

    "Furthermore, did you see any uniforms
    or ID badges on the thug?"

    Mathus: (( thugs ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes, they indicated they were living
    on the site neearby

    Taliq:

    "Good point. If we hit his
    construction site, that should send a message."

    Mathus:

    "If they had any security worth a
    damn, they’d have some type of identification just to get into
    secure areas. They didn’t even have any locks on the earthmover."

    Taliq:

    "We don’t need to defeat them all,
    just deal enough damage to make it not worth his time."

    Mathus:

    "Yes. Several ideas:"

    Mathus:

    "First, this many vehicles needs fuel."

    Mathus: (( What do the earthmovers use for
    fuel, and is it explosive? ))

    Jshock-GM: (( applied phlebotium. They
    really don’t need fuel ))

    Mathus: (( Dammit! I can’t blow up phlebotium
    depots! ))

    Jshock-GM: (( hyper fusion reactors – been
    around for millenia ))

    Taliq:

    "Right, you make a big boom while I
    provide a distraction."

    Mathus: (( Do those explode well? ))

    Taliq:

    "Jaana and Vale can provide covering
    fire?"

    Jshock-GM: (( not like you’d think ))

    Mathus: (( Aww… ))

    Mathus:

    "Well, it’s…"

    • Mathus ponders.





    Mathus:

    "Maybe too loud. Let’s see…"

    Mathus:

    "Second, just how bad is overdosing on
    this ryll spice?"

    Taliq: (( You mean they’ve developed a
    non-volatile means of powering vehicles in the thousands of years
    they’ve had? Shocking
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( I know! ))

    Garos:

    "Maiinly you sleep for a time, with
    vivid, almost realistic dreams…"

    Mathus:

    "So, uh, what would happen if we
    dumped a whole barrel of it into their gruel?"

    Taliq:

    "And then took them out while they’re
    in Cloud City?"

    Garos:

    "Hmmm… they would almost certainly
    taset it, but that would induce the ryll sleep…"

    Mathus:

    "Well, uh, I was thinking more of
    robbing them blind."

    Mathus:

    "Blasters, armory, the works."

    Mathus:

    "Are there any local twi’leks working
    for this pleasure center? Or are they all offworlders?"

    Garos:

    "I don’t know, having never beeen there."

    Garos:

    ‘I can’t say I’ve ever seen any ’leks
    among his men, though."

    Taliq:

    "Hmmm… sounds riskier than the hit
    and run plan. If we get caught we’ll be surrounded."

    Mathus:

    "Well, uh, we could have some
    insurance. A distraction of some type."

    Garos:

    "It certainly wouldn’t be any of my
    people, we’re the only settlement for hours of travel"

    Mathus:

    "We could also spice their water,
    maybe put it into the ventilation systems…"

    Mathus:

    "And do you think they’re secretly
    drilling tunnels beneath this pleasure center? Or just trying to
    run you off first?"

    Garos:

    "Drilling? No, they want our land. We
    sit atop the veins of ryll."

    Mathus:

    "Pity. I was hoping there’d be some
    big machinery to wreck…"

    • Mathus ponders.





    Taliq:

    "Perhaps we should start with some
    recon… Which way to the construction site?"

    • Mathus nods at Taliq.





    Mathus:

    "Might give us some ideas. Then we
    could either try to drug the lot of them and steal their
    equipment, or figure out a way to destroy their landmovers."

    Taliq: (( totally changed my colour to the
    colour of Taliq’s skin
    ))

    Garos:

    "I can point you in the right direction.
    Perhaps we should get this crawler off the rock first, though…"

    • Mathus nods, then gets to work doing that.

  • Taliq shrugs





  • Taliq:

    "It’s not my crawler," she says
    jokingly

    Mathus:

    "How long do you think it’ll be before
    they retrieve the bulldozer?"

    Jshock-GM:

    Wipe back to New Meen, in the
    morning…

    Mathus: (( Actually, uh, mind if Mathus does
    something else that night quick? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    When you return, the bulldoser has
    been moved and disguised: a tent has been erected on top of it

    Mathus: (( lol ))

    Jshock-GM:

    What?

    • Mathus will ask Taliq if she could teach him
      how to fire his blaster better.









    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, right; we can handwave that if you
    want, just assume you’ve been asking her for pointers




    Taliq: (( Oh you took a rank? XD ))





    Mathus:

    Mhm.

    Mathus: (( Yeah. ))

    Mathus:

    Ranged-Light instead of Ranged-Heavy,
    but I figure there’s enough similarities between the two Taliq can
    give Mathus pointers.

    Taliq:

    "Breath out as you fire. Hold it with
    both hands for better stability. Don’t poke your tongue out,
    you’ll bite it off… etc et c"

    Taliq: (( \
    ))

    Mathus: (( That works. ))

    • Mathus whistles at the tented dozer.


    Taliq: (( It’s still a career skill, I
    assume she knows the basics even without ranks ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Up close it’s obvious, but through
    ’nocs, maybe not



  • Taliq slaps Mathus on the shoulder.





  • Taliq:

    "You’re a natural!"

    • Mathus smirks a bit at the comment.





    Taliq:

    "Just remember – ALWAYS shoot first."

    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, that’s safe; she’s handled small
    arms, she just hasn’t trained heavily with them

    Mathus:

    "I’d rather punch first…"

    • Mathus whistles at the tented dozer in the
      morning.






    Mathus:

    "Nice. I should have a look at it
    later. Maybe they have a flaw we can exploit."

    Mathus:

    "Also, before I forget…"

    • Mathus pulls out a slip of paper with a long
      number on it.






    Mathus:

    "And you mocked my looting."

    Mathus:

    "Think it’s a combination to something
    within the camp."

    Jshock-GM:

    Cool, Tim’s on in 5

    Taliq:

    "What’s this now?"

    Mathus:

    "The dead guy had it on him."

    • Taliq peers at the numbers

  • Mathus enters the number onto his datapad.





  • Taliq:

    "Hmmm…. Well, we’ll find out later
    if it’s useful or not."

    Taliq:

    "Let’s hope this isn’t the bounty on
    our heads, eh?"

    • Taliq chuckles





    Mathus:

    "Mm…"

    • Mathus frowns.





    Mathus:

    "I wonder what Teemo’s interest with
    the twi’lek rebels here are…"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "Well, you want to do recon
    immediately? Or you mind if I spend some time inspecting the dozer
    to see if I can find any flaws we could exploit?"

    Taliq:

    "Sure. I should round up some
    volunteers and distribute these extra blasters."

    Mathus: (( Tyg? Your opinion? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Alright. Taliq is training up some
    locals. Mathus, what exactly are you looking for?

    Mathus:

    I’m, uh, not sure yet. An easy/quick
    way to break them good? A frequency to jam them on? Anything that
    could cause mass chaos and destruction amidst the other dozers?

    Jshock-GM:

    Also, what are the rest of you doing?

    Taliq:

    "Feed wide, both hands, back straight,
    open both eyes – you need your depth perception!"

    Taliq: (( Flashbacks to Jagged Alliance 2
    anyone?
    ))

    Mathus: (( Heh. ))

    • Jshock-GM digs around for some more ’leks


    Foxtrot has connected.


    Taliq: (( Huzzuh! ))








    Foxtrot:

    Hey all.



    Mathus: (( ’Lo. ))

  • Jaana Raeth help teach locals… her
    curriculum is on how to improvise dangerous stuff from more mundane
    tools. Mathus might be better at that sort of thing, but he’s busy…









  • Foxtrot:

    We on New Meen?



    Mathus: (( Yep. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll let these guys fill you in



    Mathus: (( We discussed sabotage, our prisoner
    escaped, and now we’re about to do recon on the place in the morning. ))









    Jshock-GM:

    How many guns were you giving these
    guys?










    Jshock-GM:

    You had the 4 blasters from the Drombb
    thugs, plus whatever else




    Taliq: (( OK those 4… Plus I have a heavy
    blaster pistol I’m not using ))



    Mathus: (( 5 more blasters from Trex’s gang? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    You’re using aat least 1 of those
    heavies though, right Mathus?







    Mathus:

    I’m using Trex’s old heavy blaster
    pistol.

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, OK

    Mathus:

    I assume he got another one before
    he tried to kill us. Again.

    Jshock-GM:

    right

    Mathus:

    So Jshock, what roll does Mathus need
    to make to find out anything useful about the dozers they use?

    Taliq: (( Can we go all Three Amigos on this
    town and build traps?
    ))

    Mathus: (( Can we go Blazing Saddles and build
    a trapped fake town? ))

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    We’ll just say you spent a day looking
    it over… I don’t think they’d have any thing obviusly
    exploitable, though. It’s a fairly robust piece of equipment.

    Mathus: (( Hmm, could we mount the speeder on
    it? ))

    Taliq: (( Isn’t the crawler the settlers’
    now?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, like maybe frankenstein a tank
    together? How much time do you have again?

    Taliq: (( I assume them hiding it in a tent
    was effectively stealing it ))

    Mathus:

    sigh

    Taliq:

    "We should go do that recon. We don’t
    want to give them too much time to react."

    Mathus:

    Is it wrong to want some unholy
    combination of a dozer and a gunspeeder? IS IT?

    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, it’s on their lawn now, they’re
    not giving the football back

    Vale:

    We could use it to drag the speeder
    that’s an hour out, and then take off it’s guns.

    Jshock-GM:

    No, it’s not; you just don’t have a
    full machine shp to work with

    Mathus:

    Guns are integrated into the speeder
    because Jshock foresaw us stripping everything of value.

    Jshock-GM:

    Well, yeah

    Vale: (( Oh, DOn’t mind me then
    ))

    Taliq:

    "Not a terrible idea Vale, maybe
    mathus could jury-rig a gun turret to defend the village with"

    Taliq:

    "But I’m not sure we have the time."

    • Mathus sighs and nods.


    Taliq: (( assuming we still want to go on
    the offense ))









    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll say that right out: you are not
    leaving New Meen with military level guns. I will see to that.




    Taliq: (( XD ))


    Vale: (( XD Fair enough. ))


    Mathus: (( Then you shouldn’t send military
    guns after us! ))



    Taliq: (( It’s OK, if anything we’d leave it
    with the settlers
    ))



    Mathus: (( Ah well, draws up plans for spice
    bombs
    ))






    Mathus:

    "Yeah, there’s nothing exploitable
    here… they’re robust."

    You whisper to Xie: someone
    gets it

    Xie says to the GMs: lol

    Mathus: (( But they don’t have keys to start
    or anything, right? Anyone can just walk up to them and take them? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Ooh, spice bombs… that’s an idea

    Mathus:

    Hey, I came up with it, we get to use
    them first!

    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, they don’t appear to have any
    sort of lock; just a push button start. You’re no expert on
    construction equipment, but that doesn’t exactly seem too weird.

    Mathus:

    "On the plus side, all you need to do
    is push a button to use them. So stealing any we find shouldn’t be
    a problem."

    Mathus:

    "I don’t see why that’d be useful.
    What possible use could we have for a giant bulldozer in the
    middle of an enemy compound?"

    Mathus:

    You can feel the sarcasm dripping
    off Mathus’s voice.

    Taliq:

    "Sure would be nice to have some
    grenades"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Vale:

    "Just take the (space) handbrake off
    and let it go!"

    Taliq:

    "Would cause some confusion."

    Mathus:

    "Well, maybe they have some grenades
    in an armory there."

    Garos:

    "Hmm… perhaps…"

    Mathus:

    "Or some explosives."

    Taliq:

    "But we won’t know what kind of
    hardware they have until we do that RECON…"

    Mathus:

    "Yes, recon."

    Garos:

    "We do have these mining primers…"

    Mathus:

    "…Mining primers?"

    • Taliq face palms

  • Mathus sounds intrigued.


  • Taliq: (( It’s a freakin’ MINING TOWN ))


    Taliq: (( XD ))


    Taliq: (( That’s a good idea, I wonder if
    the MINERS have any EXPLOSIVES ))






    Vale:

    ‘i could go in, let them know I’m a
    gun for hire. See if I can’t cause some sort of confusion when it
    all goes down."

    • Vale shrugs.





    Garos:

    "They don’t exactly explode, if that’s
    what you’re thinking. We don’t have any explosives on hand at the
    moment. They do let out a nice pop, though."

    Taliq:

    "The simpler the plan the better."

    • Mathus nods at Garos.





    Mathus:

    "Those might be useful. Sure, we’ll
    take some."

    • Mathus glances at Vale.





    Mathus:

    "Plus wouldn’t they be wary of someone
    coming from on-planet?"

    Taliq:

    "I say we move in, cause some
    distraction, maybe take a few out, then withdraw nice and neat."

    Vale:

    "Could they be used to take off binder
    cuffs, or would it blow of the wrists?"

    Taliq:

    *destruction

    Garos:

    • Garos digs up a case

    Vale:

    "Let them be wary, I’ll convince them."

    Garos:

    "We use them to set off bigger
    explosions. Not really damaging by themselves."

    Vale:

    "hmm."

    Garos:

    "They’re timed; minimum time is around a
    minute."

    • Mathus nods.





    Garos:

    • Garos pulls one out, shows you how to work the
      timer
    • Mathus observes.





    Mathus:

    "Got a pack we can carry them in?"

    Garos:

    "I’m sire we can find you something."

    Jshock-GM:

    sure^

    Jshock-GM:

    It is now raining buckets outside my
    apt

    Jshock-GM:

    0-monsoon in 10 secs or less

    • Mathus nods.


    Mathus: (( Oof. ))


    Taliq: (( Oooo boy! ))


    Taliq: (( Any lightning? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    not yet…



    Vale: (( I miss summer
    ))






    Taliq:

    "Get it packed, let’s move out people!"

    Jshock-GM:

    oh, right, you’re reversed down there

    Jshock-GM:

    What’s the temp?

    • Mathus packs up.

  • Taliq tries to hurry everybody along


  • Vale: (( hehe yeah, Summer is when our wild
    weather hits. Sub tropics where I am" ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, so you’ve got 1 group armed with
    reg. blasters, and another with heavy blasters. They’re minions.




    Vale: (( right now its kinda warm for this
    time of year 20 degrees celcius. Last week got down to 10 though. ))



    Taliq: (( They’re gonna DIE XD ))


    Taliq: (( BTW did I ever get a heal? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana could have









    Jshock-GM:

    Actually, something I read; that adv
    medkit counts as 3 medpacks a day on top of being able to make
    heal checks







    Jaana Raeth:

    sure, I can med.. 1 diff as I recall…

    Taliq: (( Oh neat! ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Medicine check!
              
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Despair: 1

    Taliq: (( …. medical malpractice?
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    umm.. ignore that red one, forgot to
    remoce it

    Jshock-GM:

    We’ll just ignore that…

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Taliq:

    "Thanks Jaana, that feels a little
    better."

    Mathus:

    By medpack, you mean stimpack?

    Vale: (( your leg is amputated ))

    Mathus:

    Stimpacks are the "instant +4 HP".

    Jshock-GM:

    yeah

    Jshock-GM:

    sorry, stimpack

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you get back… (drumroll) A whole
    wound!

    Jaana Raeth: (( by medicine we mean I use my med
    kit to treat.. not instant ))

    Taliq: (( AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!! ))

    Taliq:

    Taliq is healed and gains back 1
    wounds.
    Taliq takes 0 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    I’m getting some lightning now

    Vale: (( now I rally miss summer! ))

    Taliq: (( Nothing like a good summer storm ))

    Taliq: (( So long as the power doesn’t go
    out…
    ))

    Taliq: (( And it’s destructive in any other
    way… :/ ))

    Taliq: (( *not destructive ))

    Taliq: ((
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Except when it hits things. Unless
    you’re holding a sword aloft, then maybe you just turn into a
    dragon or something.

    Mathus:

    Or it transports you to Another World.

    • Taliq clicks here heels three times





    Taliq:

    "There’s no place like home"

    Jshock-GM:

    Anyway, are you actually taking the
    conscripts with you? You’re short on vehicles if you do, you’ll
    have to wak

    Jshock-GM:

    walk^

    Taliq:

    Hmmmm….

    Mathus:

    I say no.

    Mathus:

    It’s a recon mission, not a shootout.

    Taliq:

    "Alright, you guys stay here and hold
    the settlement."

    conscripts:

    "We’ll hold it for B’ura!!!"

    Taliq:

    "That’s the spirit!"

    Vale:

    "FOr B’ura!!!"

    • conscripts start chanting B’ura B’an’s name





    Vale:

    shifty eyes?

    • Taliq makes a mental note to name them
      "Bura’s Guard" or something when she gets back



    Taliq: (( The B’ura B’an Bangers? ))


    Taliq: (( B’ura B’an’s Avengers? ))


    Mathus: (( B’ura B’angers? ))

  • Mathus frowns a bit as he turns away from
    the crowd.


  • Jshock-GM facepalms at "B’ura’s B’angers"


  • Taliq: (( B’ura La Revolution? ))





    Taliq:

    "Let’s go!"

    • Taliq hustles to the speeder





    Taliq:

    "We should park a little way from the
    construction site and go in on foot, get as close as we can
    without being spotted."

    Jshock-GM:

    Wipe to the Drombb compound…

    Mathus: (( Did Mathus get a chance to clean
    the blood off his overalls? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Mostly. There’s still a faded stain

    Jshock-GM:

    Well assume you parked the speeder
    some ways away to the west and walked in

    • Mathus spilled oil over it, though.


    Mathus: (( So all good. ))








    Vale:

    loaaadan



    Taliq: (( This is quickly turning into Mad
    Max ))









    Jshock-GM:

    You can see the compound from pretty
    far away: a drab pourstone hab complex, with a brightly lit
    cantina next to it (a holosign proudly says "Drombb’s Cantina and
    Grill" outside). More earthmovers are parked nearby.










    Jshock-GM:

    I didn’t put them on the map, but
    there’s plenty of terrain to cover your sneaking in.




    Taliq: (( Right, let’s put a brick on the
    gas of each of those crawlers… ))



    Taliq: (( And let physics take care of the
    rest!
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( that’s funny, I didn’t even
    think of that when i set everything up ))



    Taliq: (( Well they’re all facing the
    cantina
    ))



    Mathus: (( Habstone’s a sleeping complex,
    right? So basically they eat, sleep, and drink? ))



    Mathus: (( Why don’t we investigate the
    cantina first and then bulldoze it? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    It looks like a hotel – a really seedy
    one…










    Jshock-GM:

    there’s more construction nearby









    Vale:

    "I’m all for bulldozing it now. You
    know, a good old blood fued escalation."




    Jshock-GM: (( oh, MT quirk; have to
    reimpersonate when you load onto a new map ))



    Vale: (( Yeah just realised
    ))






    Mathus:

    "Uh, why don’t we see if we can’t
    overhear something in the cantina first?"

    Taliq: (( Yeah, it’s still referencing your
    image on the other map, but it’s no longer there ))

    Jshock-GM:

    What time of day are you guys sneaking
    in, by the way?

    Taliq:

    "How about you rig up the crawlers to
    roll, and I’ll sneak up on the cantina, see if I can’t overhear
    something"

    Taliq: (( Um… Dusk? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    As I thought

    Taliq: (( or maybe later when they’re all
    pissed?
    ))

    Taliq: (( … does "pissed" mean drunk in
    the USA?
    ))

    Mathus: (( Yes. ))

    Mathus: (( Although it usually means "angry"
    here. ))

    Taliq: (( Just checking. I can’t remember
    which language I’m speaking anymore
    ))

    Vale: ((
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    K, sneaky folk; give me Stealth vs
    their Vigilance(1d).

    Tygaran:


    makes a Stealth check!
          
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 1

    Tygaran:


    makes a Stealth check!
            
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 2

    Taliq:


    makes a Pink Panther check!
              
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 2

    Jshock-GM:

    Don’t you get a boost to stealth, Tyg?

    Vale:

    "I’ll stay back, cover you if it gets
    hairy."

    Jshock-GM:

    Or am I thinking of another talent?

    Mathus: (( Hmm, does it look like I’d normally
    work here? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Also, what’s it to left justify your
    chat box? I accidentaly swapped it

    Taliq: (( I didn’t know you could
    ))

    Mathus: (( Maybe I could just act like I
    belong here instead of trying to sneak in. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Heh, you could try bluffing…

    Vale: (( I wish to do this
    ))

    Mathus:

    Er, uh… would I get a boost to that
    because I look like a mechanic & not a bounty hunter?

    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, ti’s ctrl-shift-something on my
    left hand side; not sure what i hit

    Jshock-GM:

    If you lost the gloves, maybe :D

    Mathus:

    Er, uh… how quickly could I put them
    back on?

    Vale: (( it’s jsut that the gloves are
    covered in blood yeah? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I’d call it a maneuver; you’d have to
    stow them though; just having them hanging off your belt isn’t
    going to help the illusion

    Mathus: (( OIL! It’s OIL! ))

    Mathus:

    "Think I could fit in…"

    Jshock-GM:

    so 2 maneuvers, one to pull them back
    out, one to put them back on

    Vale: (( XD ))

    • Mathus stashes away his shock gloves, then
      dusts himself up a bit.






    Vale:

    "So should i stay here…or come in
    with you?"

    • Mathus shrugs.





    Mathus:

    "Up to you?"

    Mathus:

    What are the two sneakers doing, BTW?

    Mathus:

    Trying to sneak into the bar? Or
    trying to eavesdrop?

    • Taliq moves into position








    Jshock-GM:

    Ah,just got a chance to look it up.
    Jaana took stalker, +1 boost to Stealth.










    Jshock-GM:

    Roll a boost, Tygaran









    Tygaran:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat










    Jshock-GM:

    Right.



    Taliq: (( I guess I try to sneak in a
    backdoor? ))



    Taliq: (( NICE BOOST DICE! ))


    Taliq: (( Bet you’re glad you took that
    talent
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you find yourself in some kind of
    storage, Taliq. Looks like it leads in a back way; locked with an
    electronic combo.




    Taliq: (( Oh maaaaaan ))


    Taliq: (( Can I make like…. WAIT I HAVE
    THE COMBO! ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana, you going the same way?


  • Taliq pulls out that piece of paper and
    tries the numbers









  • Jshock-GM:

    Not so fast… Mathus had it.









    Jshock-GM:

    We’ll deal with everyone in turn.
    Jaana?




    Taliq: (( He gave it to me, and copied the
    numbers into his datapad ))



    Taliq: (( I think? ))


    Mathus: (( I kept the slip. You could always
    comm Mathus and ask for the combination. ))



    Taliq: (( d’oh XD ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana next.









    Jshock-GM:

    Where you sneaking?


  • Jaana Raeth supports taliq








  • Jshock-GM:

    OK. Vale? Lowurra?



    Vale: (( hmm ))


    Vale: (( should I sneak or bluff my way in,
    gang? ))



    Mathus: (( shrug? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    I just realized Drekkan never came back



    Taliq: (( I was just wondering that
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    I thought he was being awfully quiet



    Vale: (( Right, ima walk up confidently to
    the door. ))






    Lowurra:

    GROO

    Taliq: (( Wookiee cavalry! ))

    Vale: (( Oh gawd ))

    Lowurra:

    OK…Mathis, Vale, you both saunter
    confidently op the front… there’s a group of 4 worker s there,
    talking trash

    Lowurra:

    they all look up at you

    Mathus: (( Lowurra then sits in one of the
    dozers and makes vroom noises. ))

    • Vale gives a friendly nod to the four.








    Jshock-GM:

    (silent stares)






    Vale:

    "This a decent place for a drop?"

    Helmeted thug 38:

    "Who the kriff are you?"

    Vale:

    "name’s Arqen, who are you?"

    Helmeted thug 38:

    "None of your kriffing business. What do
    you want?"

    Vale:

    "A drink. Do you seen anywhere else in
    this wasteland to get one?"

    • Mathus just stays silent and looks like he
      needs a drink.









    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, bluffy time









    Jshock-GM:

    Deciet; call it…



    Vale: (( Can I use a destiny on this one? ))


    Mathus: (( 1d? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    yes, you can use the group’s 1 destiny



    Mathus: (( And is just Vale making the deceit?
    Or am I too? ))



    Vale: (( XD right… ))








    Jshock-GM:

    I don’t know, what ARE you doning?



    Vale: (( Im using it
    Upgrade a green to a yellow yeah? ))


  • Mathus is just looking like he belongs here,
    just a simple mechanic… A mechanic who’s had a long day and needs a
    drink badly.









  • Jshock-GM:

    yeah, it’ll be vs their Perception,
    but I’m raising the stakes too (1d1c)




    Mathus: (( Wouldn’t that just be 1c? ))


    Mathus: (( Or do they have 2 perception? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    they have 2






    Vale:


    makes a Here goes nuthin’ check!
              
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 3

    Jshock-GM:

    well, hmmm…

    Mathus: (( Hmm, could I get another boost with
    that advantage? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    you could boost; you going to try to
    save this with a bluff? what’s your line?

    • Mathus was actually just going to slip in
      while they were busy paying attention to Vale.



    Mathus: (( Or hmm, if you want me to get him
    in too… ))



    Mathus: (( Got an idea. ))

  • Mathus grumbles and glares at the thugs.





  • Mathus:

    "You guys mind? I just invited my
    friend here for a quick drink. It’s been a long day."

    • Mathus sounds peeved.


    Mathus: (( 2d? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    for a bluff? Sure – you can get that
    boost, 2







    Mathus:


    makes a Deceit check!
                
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    Mathus: (( Doh. ))

    Vale: (( RUH ROH ))

    Helmeted thug 38:

    • Helmeted thug 38 /me looks at the ground,
      thinking, looks back up

    Helmeted thug 38:

    "Here’s whaty I think. Yeah, I sure do
    kriffing mind."

    Helmeted thug 38:

    • Helmeted thug 38 pulls a blaster, slow
    • Vale turns to Mathus.





    Vale:

    "Turns out your buddies aren’t so
    friendly after all."

    Vale: (( stil lkeeping the ruse uP!
    ))

    Vale: (( TO MY DYING BREATH! ))

    Helmeted thug 38:

    "why don’t you get off our land and
    crawl off into whatever hole you walked out of fefore I have to
    lose my cool?"

    Vale:

    "Fine, fine. slips comm on with a
    brust over his hair
    , if we’re not welcome, we’re not welcome."

    Vale:

    *brush

    Jshock-GM:

    rest of the guys go tense, hands on
    blasters

    • Mathus just grits his teeth, looks silently
      at him a moment… then turns around and walks off with Vale.









    Jshock-GM:

    they’re starting to jeer you, wave you
    off



  • Mathus mutters to Vale,





  • Mathus:

    "Could’ve kneed him in the groin…"

    • Vale Vales slowly but with purpose,
      listneing for any hint of a blaster or clothe rustling.









    Jshock-GM:

    he whats?



    Mathus: (( Vales is a verb? ))





    Vale:


    Vale:

    Oops, walks

    Vale:

    Walks slowly

    Jshock-GM:

    that’s what I thought

    Vale:

    ?ooc Tired from cleaning

    Taliq: (( You’d better keep walkin’ pal! ))

    Taliq: (( etc
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    The thugs seem content to make fun of
    you

    Mathus:

    mutters into comm +They shooed us
    away from the entrance. You two having any luck?
    +

    Vale:

    *mumble mumble mumble "This way we
    give the others a chance."

    Mathus:

    mutters "Think we can get one of the
    dozers to just run them over?"

    Helmeted thug 38:

    "I don’t see you two WALKIN’ fast
    enough!"

    • Mathus walks faster, stewing.





    Vale:

    "I want to shoot him. "

    • Vale picks up his pace to match Mathus








    Jshock-GM:

    so, Taliq, Jaana… what are you two
    doing with those precious seconds?




    Taliq: (( Hahaha ))


    Taliq: (( Um, how hard would it be to slice
    this thing?
    ))



    Taliq: (( I’ve got 1g1y in computers ))


    Jaana Raeth: (( 3g myself… ))








    Jshock-GM:

    You could probably brute force it,
    eventually… give me a roll. 3d.







    Mathus:

    +Taliq, Janna, how are you two
    doing?
    +

    Jaana Raeth: (( someone has locked viewpoint
    on… map jumpsing around… ))

    Taliq:


    makes a Lockpicking? check!
              
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 1

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a comps check!
                  
    Successes:
    4
    / Threat: 3

    Jshock-GM:

    This is too good.

    Taliq: ((
    ))

    Vale: (( GM cackling can be heard from here
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK. you do manage to pop the lock, but
    not surprisingly, you also set off an alarm.

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Taliq: (( Well we’re causing a distraction!
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Vigilance for everyone

    Jaana Raeth: (( boring conversation anyway… ))

    Vale: (( I hear thunder! ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Vigil check!
            
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 3

    Jaana Raeth:

    ignore boost die…

    Taliq:


    makes a Vigil! check!
        
    Successes:
    2
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Vale:


    makes a batman check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Mathus:


    makes a Vigilance check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 2

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Lowurra’s Vigilance check!
          
    Successes:
    3
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 0 / Dark
    Side: 2

    Mathus: (( Does Mathus hear the alarm over the
    comm? ))

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Thug group (indoors) check!
      
    Successes:
    2
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    yes, you all hear it…

    • Mathus blinks at the alarm, sighs.





    Mathus:

    "Sounds like they had about as much
    luck…"

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Thug group (outdoors) check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 1

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a mystery NPC check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Vale: (( what penatlies does dual wielding
    have in this game? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I think they discuss it in the beta;
    IIRC it’s the same effect as twin linking (a second free hit for
    +however much difficulty)

    Vale: (( Oh okay, I have two pistols is all
    so I was thinking about doing it, but if you don’t ahe it hard and fast
    on hand I wont bother ))

    Jshock-GM:

    So if you have the skills, you can
    pull it off

    Jshock-GM:

    Let me sort out init, then I’ll look
    it upp

    Vale: (( yeah I am not particularly skilled
    either or ahve any talents or what not. ))

    Vale: (( okays ))

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s what I’m seeing, anyway

    Jshock-GM:

    PCs break ties with NPS

    Taliq: (( That’s awfully nice of the game
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, well, heroes…

    Jshock-GM:

    Who wants firsties?

    Vale: (( I would ))

    Vale: (( or second ))

    Vale: (( talent
    ))

    Mathus: (( Mind if I go first? ))

    Vale: (( go for it, I’ll go second ))

    Jshock-GM:

    oh crapola; didn’t realize it was 11:30

    Mathus: (( Oh? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    We’ll play a couple of rounds, at least

    Taliq: (( OK ))

    Taliq: (( Happy for you two to take the
    first turns, I think you’re in more immediate danger anyway ))

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "One distraction, coming up…"

    Jshock-GM:

    OJK, Mathuis, what’s the plan?

    Mathus: (( How many maneuvers to get into the
    driver’s seat of the dozer? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    let’s say 2; incidental to start it

    Taliq: (( Hahaha that’s the spirit ))

    Jshock-GM:

    1 maneuver to get over there, one to
    hop in, that’s my thought

    • Mathus clambers into the dozer and hits the
      Start button.









    Jshock-GM:

    *BRMMMMRMRM



    Mathus: (( Hmm, how do I drive it? Or does
    that have to wait until next turn? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Your maneuvers are capped. You can
    either spend some strain and do something with your standard, or
    just say you spent your standard on the maneuver.,







    Mathus:

    I’ll spend some strain to do a
    standard. What can I do with it?

    Jshock-GM:

    would be a maneuver for a pilot roll

    Jshock-GM:

    I’m not sure; you’ve spent your
    maneuvers though

    Mathus:

    Mhm.

    Mathus:

    +I’d suggest you get out of the way,
    Vale.
    +

    Mathus: (( Also, how much cover against
    blaster fire does the dozer give me? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Iwould just save your strain, myself

    Vale:

    +ON it+

    Jshock-GM:

    oh, you’re good; 2setback to anyone
    shooting at you

    • Mathus ends his turn.


    Vale: (( I’m good to go? ))





    Mathus:

    +There’s spare dozers. How well can
    you shoot while driving?
    +

    Jshock-GM:

    sure

    Taliq: (( Certainly safer than the rest of
    us
    ))

    Vale: (( Incidental to draw HBP (quick draw)
    fire on that douche with the big mouth, then maneuver to cover is my
    plan ))

    Vale:


    makes a batman check!
        
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 2

    Vale:

    THAT

    Vale:

    was meant to be a clear

    Vale:

    not roll

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, these guys are minions, so you’re
    shooting the group

    Vale:

    Difficulty?

    Jshock-GM:

    easy shot though, 2d

    Vale:


    makes a PEW check!
              
    Successes:
    3
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Vale:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    H. Blaster pistol

    R-Light

    Medium

    7



    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Crit 3 ()

    Jshock-GM:

    give me a sec, have to grab something

    helmeted minion group:

    helmeted minion group is healed and
    gains back 25 wounds.
    helmeted minion group takes 99 strain.

    Vale:

    +Do what you’ve gotta do guys, we’ve
    got the distraction going, though I don’t think eavesdropping is
    on the cards now. Grab what you can!
    +

    Jshock-GM:

    10 dmg, 3 soak… 7

    helmeted minion group:

    helmeted minion group takes 7 wounds.
    helmeted
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Helmeted thug 38:

    Helmeted thug 38 is defeated!

    Jshock-GM:

    You smoke the smug bastard

    • Vale feels satisfied.








    Jshock-GM:

    they draw blasters, run round the
    corner at you, fire



  • Vale then rethinks his life.








  • Jshock-GM:

    they don’t quite round the corner…









    Jshock-GM:

    next?



    Vale: (( I totally forgot my boost die (the
    reason I wanted to go before them) ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, go ahead and roll it






    Vale:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 1

    Vale: (( ha nuthin ))

    Jshock-GM:

    you could boost the next roll?

    Vale:

    Sure, will do!

    Vale: (( providing a distraction after all.
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    so who’s next? Who needs a boost?

    Taliq: (( I might tank for Jaana and go
    first ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    go ahead

    Taliq: (( OK I’ll alpha squad to this door
    and check to see if its locked ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You can reasonably get to the door

    Jshock-GM:

    well say most of the internal doors
    are unlocked

    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll let you know if one’s locked

    Taliq:

    OK cool, I’ll slip through and take
    cover behind this wall?

    Jshock-GM:

    well, still a maneuver to open and
    clear…

    Taliq: (( OK ))

    Jshock-GM:

    you could probably just get through

    Taliq: (( that’ll do ))

    Taliq: (( done ))

    Taliq: (( Check your corners! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    next? no boost – Taliq wasted it

    Jshock-GM:

    sorta

    Taliq:


    makes a Opening a door check!
              
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 4

    • Taliq aced it








    Jshock-GM:

    you open that door like a pro.


  • Jaana Raeth heads to the other door…


  • Vale: (( EVEN VIRTUAL DICE HAVE FINITE LUCK
    YOU’RE WASTING 20s MAN ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Same deal – unlocked. you can open and
    get through it with a maneuver.



  • Jaana Raeth opens





  • Jaana Raeth:

    next

    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana, majke a Perception – 3d

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a percept check!
                
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, cool. Somewhere on the other side
    of the door to your NW, you hear voices…

    Taliq: (( Jaana’s losing it. Hearing voices
    in her head. ))

    oily human:

    "What the blast is going on?"

    coarse humanish:

    "No idea boss – wasn’t one of us,
    we’re playing Sabacc…"

    Oily human:

    "Well, kriffing get up and find out,
    will ya?"

    Oily human:

    Next turn?

    Mathus: (( Lowurra? ))

    Taliq: (( You guys go first, you’re in the
    most immediate danger ))

    Taliq: (( lol we totally forgot about the
    wookiee cavalry ))

    Oily human:

    Oh, lowurra; anyone contacted him?

    Mathus: (( I keep talking over the comms, but
    no one’s replying. ))

    • Mathus hasn’t contacted Lowurra.








    Oily human:

    Open comms is good enough for me. You
    see him hustling towards the earth movers, vibro axe in hand.




    Taliq: (( I’m opening doors like a pro ))








    Oily human:

    OK, new round… and it’s almost
    midnight










    Oily human:

    probably wise to stop here



    Mathus: (( Gahhhh. ))


    Taliq: (( yeah fair enough ))


    Taliq: (( At the top of initiative… ))








    Oily human:

    right









    Xie:

    Good natural stopping point






    Mathus:

    So, it’d be a Piloting roll to run
    over the minions, right?

    Oily human:

    let me do a bit of research on that,
    but yeah, sounds right. Basically an attack roll with a pilot
    check.

    Xie: (( That’s awesome ))

    Mathus:

    Yeah, best of all, they ran towards me
    & focused on Vale.

    Mathus:

    It’s like they don’t even realize
    their biggest threat is the mechanic driving the 2-ton vehicle.

    Jshock-GM:

    I need to figure out damage for an
    earth mover – and how far you can get with one

    Xie:

    OK guys, gg!

    Xie:

    See you all next week

    Xie:

    Same bat time, same bat channel?

    Jshock-GM:

    yep

    Xie:

    Awesome sauce

    Xie:

    I hope you weather the storm

    Vale: (( Not that it’s applicable now, but i
    totally just read the beta rules on two weapon fighting so I may
    starting doing that over time (unless it’s been erratas or you say no) ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll put up both logs tomorrow – last
    weeks and this ones

    Mathus:

    Gah, wanted to run them over so badly
    here…

    Xie:

    You only have to wait a week

    Jshock-GM:

    is it what i thought? something like
    +1d, extra hit?

    Xie:

    This is why I don’t like watching TV
    shows that haven’t finished airing…

    Xie is disconnected.

    Vale:

    Yeah but you spend your advantage form
    your primary weapon

    Vale:

    to get the extra hit

    Mathus:

    BTW, how many stories high is the
    cantina? One story or two?

    Jshock-GM:

    ah, OK. almost exactly like twin linked

    Jshock-GM:

    1 story

    Vale:

    So it SEEMS TO ME SO I COULD BE WRONG
    you fire like normal but at +1d, and you can spend advantages to
    score antoher hit with the other one

    Jshock-GM:

    The hab is bigger, multiple stories

    • Mathus wonders how hard it would be to
      demolish the whole cantina.









    Jshock-GM:

    yeah… you pick your primary each
    round,I assume







    Vale:

    Yeah, I mean I have a heavy and Light,
    so it’d almost always be the heavy but still, good to know.

    Vale:

    Oh and they can both crit

    Jshock-GM:

    you could get a little beardy – mod 2
    weapons in specialized ways, switch weapons as the situation
    warrants

    Jshock-GM:

    eww

    Vale:

    But yo ugotta spend the advantages I
    guess, and since you spend advantage to use the toher weapon,
    you’d have to be super skilled

    Jshock-GM:

    true

    Vale:

    That’s kinda cool, if a non gamery
    reason comes up during play for me to do it.

    Vale:

    The mod thing

    Jshock-GM:

    I know Jeffg wants to mod something

    Vale:

    In my other star wars campaign I play
    the mech, and I mooood eeeeverything!

    • Mathus wants to mod everything.





    Vale:

    XD

    Mathus:

    Once we have the money/supplies to do
    so.

    Mathus:

    Unfortunately, this current mission
    seems to have gone tits up.

    Vale:

    Yeah my bad…

    Mathus:

    You weren’t the one who triggered the
    alarm.

    Mathus:

    Doubt we’ll get much info, and we’ll
    alert them in the process.

    Mathus:

    At least we can steal 3 dozers, though.

    Mathus:

    How much do dozers sell for, Jshock?

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, no. any time a scene goes
    cinematic it’s a plus in my book

    Vale:

    grand theft construction

    Vale:

    I’m really digging maptools. The only
    experience was ALL THE TEHCNICAL ISSUES" when Xie used to try and
    run a campaign a few years back

    Jshock-GM:

    not as much as last season; they’re
    just not in demand…

    Mathus:

    Dammit, we WILL salvage something
    here! Mark my words~

    Mathus:

    Even if I have to jurryrig these
    dozers into tanks!

    Jshock-GM:

    you know you’re not playing D&D,
    right?;D

    Mathus:

    I WILL DUCT TAPE THE TWI’LEK ONTO THEM
    SO THEY FIRE LIKE TURRETS.

    Vale:

    HEHE

    Mathus:

    Yes. In D&D we couldn’t sell the
    mundane equipment for anything.

    Mathus:

    Here EVERYTHING IS SELLABLE!

    Vale:

    My Verpine will just tear out wires
    and andomly circuitry boards if I can’t find anything of worth

    Vale:

    But he uses them rather than sells
    them.

    Vale:

    Soooo not much help there

    Jshock-GM:

    verpine slicer?

    Vale:

    Nah mechanic

    Vale:

    But

    Vale:

    I know mechanical stuff still uses
    circuitry and stuff so I like to fluff that, as oppsed to jsut
    straight mechanical stuff.

    Vale:

    He’s sorta a technomagic inventor type

    Vale:

    ANd he is good at computers (this is
    saga so ehhh)

    Vale:

    SO he dabbles in some coding and
    slicing

    Vale:

    And he doe shtat job for the group,
    but he’s a mechanic first and foremost

    Jshock-GM:

    Something I stumbled on; there’s an
    unofficial species book someone cooked up. The’re only supposed to
    be a few races in the rulebook, so when I get my hands on that, if
    someone wants to remake as a different race, let me know.

    Vale:

    Awesome

    Vale:

    I wanna be a CHISS!

    Vale:

    That’s a joke, I really don’t

    Jshock-GM:

    err…

    Jshock-GM:

    Wasn’t Thrawn supposed to be the first
    seen?

    Vale:

    When I was designing my Verp it was
    choose between a Chiss that looksed like magyver (mullet and all)
    or Fix’t my Verp and at elast once a session I wis hI was a Chiss

    Vale:

    Yeah he was

    Vale:

    Or they are super rare or whatever

    Vale:

    Our campaign is set in the VOng War
    though

    Vale:

    Also we were all created from a buble,
    so we’ve got a sith as an actual species not philosophy sith
    running with us

    Jshock-GM:

    I’m actually a bit torn; I wanted to
    do a KOTOR campaign in Saga, but never got a chance to

    Vale:

    Yeah we were nearly gonna

    Vale:

    I was keen to

    Vale:

    I wanted to play a super righteous for
    righteous sake Jedi

    Mathus:

    Eh, I’d rather do this one.

    Mathus:

    KOTOR seems too… clean?

    Jshock-GM:

    I’m tempted to try to use some jedi
    rules for this, but I have rips of all the old WEG adventures,
    which are all set in rebellion era

    Vale:

    I can see that Math

    Vale:

    But I guess it’s all up to the themes
    the Gm runs, like in any campaign

    Jshock-GM:

    KOTOR is clean, and you have to be OK
    with jedi everywhere

    Vale:

    Yeah, this rule set would ahve been
    perfect three eyars ago when we first started our star wars
    campaign (the one XIe was involved in) force users without
    direction running around in rebellion era.

    Vale:

    Lol yeah you really do.

    Jshock-GM:

    Also, I want Jodo Kast to pop uo.
    Can’t do that in KOTOR.

    Vale:

    My Verp totally had a conversation
    with Koran Horn (spelling I dunno) on the Errant Venture (spellign
    I dunno) two sesisons ago.

    Vale:

    My Verpine is not good with words…
    it was…interesting.

    Mathus:

    Well, hmm…

    Mathus:

    How much you want to bet this will end
    with us joyriding 3 dozers around the digsite wrecking havoc?

    Vale:

    Jedi everywhere is okay but it oushes
    the fantasy in space thing

    Vale:

    a lot more , where as tsome of EU
    stuff pushes away from that I find

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, I saw that coming the second Xie
    mentioned it

    Tygaran is disconnected.

    Vale:

    XD

    Mathus:

    Xie mentioned what?

    Vale:

    The ranked up Dozers

    Mathus:

    Jedi everywhere also makes it harder
    for non-Jedi to compete.

    Vale:

    Ready to change Napoleonic style.

    Jshock-GM:

    he said something like "OK, put bricks
    on the accelerators and stand back"

    Vale:

    LUnless you’re that soldier in the ToR
    cinematic that takes a grenade to the face

    Jshock-GM:

    I thought "oh, crap…"

    Vale:

    *cahrge

    Vale:

    God I cannot type today

    Jshock-GM:

    try doing it with your chat right
    justified

    Vale:

    Lol god no.

    Mathus:

    Well yeah.

    Vale:

    I’ll finally get to use my pilot skill
    which is the best on the character sheet

    Mathus:

    You didn’t see that coming the moment
    you said they don’t need keys?

    Mathus:

    We are stealing EVERY DOZER we can.

    Vale:

    XD

    Mathus:

    And outfitting them as tanks.

    Vale:

    Double stacked dozers

    Mathus:

    We should’ve taught the twileks how to
    steal dozers.

    Jshock-GM:

    What are you going to do with them
    then?

    Mathus:

    Form an army, of course.

    Vale:

    My Verp was building a tank from the
    ground up. It started as a wooden boat. Now it’s outfitted with a
    repulsor lift and it’s all metalic with a gun, but it has to be
    pulled by a Bantha

    Mathus:

    An army of dozer-tanks.

    Mathus:

    Ooo.

    Jshock-GM:

    OK. I’m saving , then shitting down.

    Vale:

    GG guys

    Mathus:

    …Eww.

    Jshock-GM:

    You heard me.

    Vale:

    Was fun, sorry I couldn’t make the
    start…whcih I totally could have.

    Foxtrot is disconnected.

    Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 5

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Jshock