Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 3

Server started; please wait for map to
refresh.

Foxtrot has connected.

Foxtrot:

Hey Hey

Jshock-GM:

zup zup

JeffG has connected.

Tygaran has connected.

Foxtrot:


makes a Dooby test hope it works check!
  
Successes:
1
/ No Advantage or Threat

Jshock-GM:

heh

Foxtrot:


Foxtrot:

Success!

Jshock-GM:

You have to show MT the path to Java?

Foxtrot:

Yeah I made a batch file and set the
memory in there and poited it atJava

Foxtrot:

Cuz god forbid it would come like that!

Foxtrot:


Jshock-GM:

yeah, right

Jshock-GM:

I think it’s actually Oracle’s fault -
something they changed about paths

Foxtrot:

Aaaah

Jshock-GM:

Free software. Hard to complain

Foxtrot:

Lol yeah, work with the framework
you’re given I guess.

Jshock-GM:

Tim, Xie’s showing as do not disturb;
that mean he’s at work?

Foxtrot:

It was a pretty annoying morning
figuring it out actually. Limited knowledge, and lots of mistakes
like accidentally mucking up my file recognition to do with
maptool. I’m still not sure how I did it.

Foxtrot:

Lol no

Foxtrot:

He’s around he was tlaking to me before

Foxtrot:

But he hasn’t in abit.

Jshock-GM:

Ah, cool. I told him we were up

Foxtrot:

Sweet yeahhe’ll get it. I think he
just puts it on so he can;’t be called.

Jshock-GM:

Yeah, he pinged me, said he’ll be on

  • Jshock-GM realizes having books on hand
    would be a good thing









Foxtrot:

I saw the beta star wars set at my
local gaming store the toher day and was tempted to buy it for
shiggles.










Jshock-GM:

It’s going to be out of date in @ a
month; I’ve read that the real books are finally on the boat from
China










Foxtrot:

Oh nice



You whisper to JeffG: oh, I
keep forgetting about the droid rules; I have a pretty solid idea on
costs, but what are your thoughts about the actual building?









Foxtrot:

Yeah I’ll ge thte main one when it’s
here. Beside I was too busy buying the Song of Ice and Fire board
game\










Jshock-GM:

That any good? I saw their video demo



JeffG whispers: Hmmm, not sure.
I just figured it would be something in the background he did for profit
ATM. I’m not trying to build an actual NPC droid… yet.









Foxtrot:

Yeah played a gmae last night. Really
fun. Capped game too, so it won’t go on forever but it’s stil lag
ood 2 to 3 horus play time with 3 people.




Xie has connected.








Xie:

Woo!









Foxtrot:

Lots of fun all in all. Really close
too










Foxtrot:

Cna’t wait to play with more people
than just 3










Xie:

Talking about the GoT board game?



You whisper to JeffG: I’m
thinking it’s at least both a mechanics and a computers check,
automatically upgraded with a Challenge for each









Jshock-GM:

yeah



JeffG whispers: So what would
the difficulty of both be, then?









Xie:

I’m keen to scan in all 500 cards and
write macros to play it via maptool










Xie:

Same with the BSG board game (also by
FFG)










Foxtrot:

Lol there’s…like a hundred cards and
the rest are tokens so HURRY UP XIE HURRY




You whisper to JeffG: That’s
one thing I’m not sure about; Hard I think feels right









Foxtrot:


makes a For Xie to prove it works check!
      
Successes:
2
/ Advantage: 1










Jshock-GM:

What about Vassal?



JeffG whispers: So 2d1c?








JeffG:

aka 2 purple, 1 red?









Xie:

YAY!!!









Foxtrot:

Heh









Xie:

I don’t have to roll Fox’s dice for
him




You whisper to JeffG: right,
but at the same time, 2 checks seems a little too clean cut



Drekkan has connected.








Foxtrot:

What is Vassal?









Xie:

Can has wookiee!









JeffG:

Nice.



You whisper to JeffG: maybe
make it an extended roll? make 1 roll a week, droid gets build after a
certain amount of successes have been accrued









Jshock-GM:

It’s a VTT specifically for board
games; I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a GoT module




JeffG whispers: Hmm, that works
better, I think.






Vale:

Oooh neat. Xie, look into that so I
don’t have to.

JeffG whispers: But for now, I
think we should focus on surviving this.

You whisper to JeffG: lol,
heah. Time to herd some cats

Jshock-GM:

Everyone ready?

Xie:

Ready when you are

Jshock-GM:

Hey, everyone gets to roll their own
destiny tonight!

Jshock-GM:

1 force, everyone.

Xie:

lol

Vale:


makes a Destiny check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 1 / Dark
Side: 0

Mathus:


makes a Destiny check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 2 / Dark
Side: 0

Taliq:


makes a Force dice for Fox- no wait for me! check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Jshock-GM:

jinxed it, Xie

Taliq: (( . ))

Taliq: (( Serves me right for being a
smartass
))

Drekkan:


makes a check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Jaana Raeth:


makes a Session Force check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

The Dark Side:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Dark Side:

INCREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

DECREASE THE FORCE

The Force:

DECREASE THE FORCE

Tygaran:

I don’t think I’ve every rolled light
side on that roll…

Jshock-GM:

RECAP INCOMING

Jshock-GM:

SESSION RECAP





When last we left our heroes, they were transporting
the dissident twi’lek B’URA B’AN to the Rylothian mining
town of NEW MEEN. On the way, their transport was beset by
blaster fire from a nearby cave; bounty hunters, including
the trandoshan CAPTAIN TREX! After a brief (and
unsuccessful) attempt at a ruse, the mercenaries opened
fire! Most defensively fell back, but the trandoshan
captain was bent on revenge, and attempted to flank – only
to be cut down by the deadeyed TALIQ! Thinking themselves
safe, the crew attempted repairs on their craft – only to
be beset by one of the mercenaries in a refurbished T-47
AIRSPEEDER! What will happen next!?

Jshock-GM:

Uh, so what will happen next, PCs?

  • Taliq hustles into the cave to take cover

  • Vale looks like he’s making to run straight
    for the cave


  • Mathus wants to go first.








  • Jshock-GM:

    I’ll tell you up front; you’ve got 2
    PC turns before the speeder does something, and BB is going last.




    Mathus: (( Could I grab Bura’s hand and have him
    run with me? ))



    Mathus: (( "C’MON! yoink" ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Hmm…


  • Jshock-GM searches for an appropriate skill


  • Lowurra: (( where is their speeder? ))








    Tygaran:

    jaana already at the cave, and our
    wookie is deeper inside… so peopel outside can go first…




    Lowurra: (( and I notice I’m well away from the
    rest ))



    Taliq: (( Thanks Tygaran! XD ))


    Taliq: (( Yeah the wookiee’s getting right
    in there ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Speeder is to the far north of the
    map, past the scrounger










    Tygaran:

    we had Lowurra rush in in case there
    were more lurking…




    Taliq: (( I’m happy for B’uran and Mathsu to
    take the two turns to helter-skelter to the summer shelter ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Unless you’re physically picking him
    up in a fireman’s lift, I’m calling it Coerce – Hard










    Jshock-GM:

    3D









    Jshock-GM:

    He’s not combatty



    Taliq: (( He has no initiative, per se? ))


    Mathus: (( Would the Fireman’s Lift be 3D
    Athletics? ))



    Mathus: (( Because that might be easier than the
    Coerce… ))


  • Jshock-GM now sort of wishes he was
    enforcing encumbrance rules, but meh









  • Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, sure



    Taliq: (( ohhhh…. I didn’t see Vale out
    there… in the open XD ))



    Vale: (( in cover! Sall good I’m hightailing
    the moment I can ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Call it part of the move, so you can
    double move to somewhere










    Jshock-GM:

    or actually, an action









    Jshock-GM:

    Strain yourself if you wish



    Mathus: (( ATM? Gladly. ))


    Taliq: (( DO IIIT ))


    Mathus: (( Anyone mind if I spend a Force point
    to boost it? ))



    Taliq: (( Hmm… the balance is pretty even,
    I probably wouldn’t ))



    Taliq: (( Then again, it’s be good to not
    fail, so up to you _ ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Speaking of which; I just gave all you
    giys ownership of the light side token










    Jshock-GM:

    MAcros to +/- are on it



    Mathus: (( I don’t want to fail this & get him
    blasted. I’m spending it. ))






    Mathus:


    makes a Athletics check!
                  
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 0 / Dark
    Side: 1

    Jshock-GM:

    Just barely scraped by.

    • Mathus picks Bura up and hoofs it, probably
      motivated by sheer adrenaline right now.



    Mathus: (( Okay, where can I get to in 2
    maneuvers? ))






    Bura Ban:

    "Huh? Wait, put me down, I can run…"

    Mathus:

    "THEN RUN FASTER!"

    Mathus: (( How far to the cave could I get in
    two maneuvers? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    where are you going with the irate
    twi’lek?

    Mathus:

    Towards the cave, but I’d like to
    figure out if- okay.

    Jshock-GM:

    I thought so.

    Mathus: (( Right there. That should give me
    cover from the speeder. ))

    • Mathus hauls him over there.


    Mathus: (( 2 strain for an extra maneuver,
    right? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    If it comes to it, you’re engaged with
    B’ura










    Jshock-GM:

    yes






    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes
    4 strain.

    • Mathus suffers 2 strain per maneuver for
      being over-encumbered.



    Mathus: (( Free action to put him back down,
    right? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Ah, OK – won’t argue









    Jshock-GM:

    Dropping him, sure ;D


  • Mathus lets him run the next stretch by
    himself.


  • Mathus is done.


  • Vale: (( Can I take the enxt one to just
    run? ))









    Tygaran:

    unless Taliq complains, sure









    Jshock-GM:

    I think getting up from prone is a
    maneuver…




    Taliq: (( BWAHAAHAHA ))


    Vale: (( Ah k, I’ll get one and use the
    second maneuver to run. ))



    Taliq: (( You can strain for an extra
    manevuer right? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    certainly can



    Vale: (( Oh I’ll do that ))


    Lowurra: (( I figure I’m going near last to give
    the rest of you time to get to cover ))


  • Vale fires of a few token shots at the
    cockpit, leaps up and bolts.



  • Vale: (( I’m not sure how far I can get
    though ))









    Jshock-GM:

    You can get that far or so; the extra
    maneuver can push you to inside the cave next round




    Vale: (( sweet deal ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Same for you, Mathus









    Jshock-GM:

    Anything else?



    Vale: (( Not for me I don’t think ))


    Vale: (( that’s my two maneuvers ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Excellent. Time for the merc in the
    speeder.







    Desert merc:

    chuckles evilly, lines up a shot at
    Vale…

    Jshock-GM:

    This airspeeder appears to be missing
    its main guns, but has been refited with an E-WEB repeating
    blaster…

    Vale: (( 0.0 ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Care to raise his stakes before I roll
    the dice?

    Vale: (( Oh god yes ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Thought so.

    Taliq: (( BLAM! Dead 2nd session
    ))

    The Force:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Vale: (( there’s still a droid pregen
    ))

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Airspeeder gunnery check!
          
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 2

    Ery_T-47_Snowspeeder:

    PEWPEWPEW

    Tygaran whispers: blows up the
    rocks behind Vale and burries huim

    Vale:

    "Aaaaah nuts to this!"

    Jshock-GM:

    ahh, crap, I didn’t roll difficulty;
    hang on, that might get worse for hium

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a DM’s a nob check!
          
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    So, he fails completely

    Jshock-GM:

    who’s next?

    Tygaran:

    taliq…

    Jshock-GM:

    What’s the lekkud wonder up to?

    Taliq: (( Right… ))

    • Taliq runs to cover, and lays down some
      cover fire for her allies



    Taliq: (( I know, I’m not going to harm it,
    but… maybe I’ll confuse it with choice
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    How did we do this last time? Setback
    to shooting on success?







    Taliq:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster Carbine

    R (Hvy)

    Med

    9




    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Taliq: (( Sounds good to me! Difficulty? ))

    Vale: (( yeah, I think so, or it was
    successes gave maneuvers I think. But I didn’t get any successed, jsut
    some advantages so I used that to make it harder for him to hit…or
    somehting like that. Sorry I forgot I think ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Make it Hard; you’re not technically
    in range, but you can’t really harm it, either

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh yeah, right – free maneuver

    Taliq:


    makes a SUPPRESSING FIRE check!
                  
    Successes:
    6
    / Threat: 3

    Tygaran:


    Taliq: (( RUH ROH ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Holy smokes, threaat!

    Taliq: (( Christmas comes early for JShock ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Vale, you get your maneuver, but…

    Jshock-GM:

    so does he.

    Vale: (( heh ))

    Vale: (( the yellow circle is the range
    yeah? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Also, your blaster overheats slightly
    from trying to aim long range; take 1 strain

    Jshock-GM:

    yes

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq takes 1
    strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    Actually, you can go in the cave, I
    said that

    Vale: (( ah right ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You just move Mathus?

    Taliq: (( Can I strain to get a manevuer to
    follow them in? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Sure

    Taliq: (( 2 strain? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yes

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq takes 2
    strain.

    Vale: (( oh sorry IM A DOPE ))

    Vale: (( :/ ))

    Jshock-GM:

    scoo

    Jshock-GM:

    s’coo

    Taliq: (( And I’m done ))

    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc stops, not sure where the other
      targets are…

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Perception check!
                
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    • Jaana Raeth moves deeper into the cave and
      shines a glow rod into the chamber beyond the wookie…









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, fair enough



    Lowurra: (( my init is showing up somewhat oddly
    as being a PC turn while he’s acting, prod me when I can roll out ))









    Jshock-GM:

    He got a free maneuver









    Jshock-GM:

    It’s actually the rest of the merc’s
    go unless Jaana is doing something else







    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Peceptoin among the bones… check!
          
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 1

    Jaana Raeth:

    ^ in case there’s someone hiding in
    there… otherwise I guess I’m done

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a check!
          
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 3

    Jshock-GM:

    You actually hear whispering from
    another cave; while listening, cave insects buzz around your head!
    (Take 1 strain)

    Jshock-GM:

    It’s somewhere to your south

    Jaana Raeth:

    Jaana Raeth takes 0 wounds.
    Jaana
    Raeth takes 1 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    Lowurra, you’re up

    Lowurra:

    RAAAAAWR!

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Hsst! Lowurra!" (attention getting
    but quiet=ish) "Down the left…"

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s some fine stealth there, wookiee

    Jaana Raeth: (( char POV left
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes, down the tunnel is where she’s
    indicating

    Lowurra: (( how far can I get on a move? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You could get to around the fork

    Jshock-GM:

    anything else?

    • Lowurra looks around








    Jshock-GM:

    There’s a glow lamp bolted to one of
    the walls, emanating some light










    Jshock-GM:

    The cave to your left looks flooded









    Jshock-GM:

    (Assuming you’re facing southish,
    anyway




    Lowurra: (( do we do readied actions? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Since you pick init order every turn?
    no




    Lowurra: (( done then ))








    Jshock-GM:

    New round. who’s up?



    Mathus: (( Does Bura go? ))





    Taliq:

    Maybe mathus

    Jshock-GM:

    Ah, good point

    Mathus: (( Bura can run further at the end of
    last round, then I’ll go this round. ))

    Bura Ban:

    • Bura Ban "Ahhhhhh! It’s got guns!"

    Bura Ban:

    • Bura Ban makes for a nearby rock

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, who’s up?

    • Mathus runs next.


    Mathus: (( How far can I get in two maneuvers? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    1 will complete your long range move
    and get you in the cave; another would probably get you up to Jaana



  • Mathus will spend two, then, and not do an
    action.


  • Mathus darts into the cave himself.


  • Mathus: (( Done. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    keen. Next?



    Taliq: (( Vale? ))


    Vale: (( I guess so ))

  • Mathus pants heavily as he stops near Jaana.


  • Taliq: (( Is Bura B’uan going to get
    murdered by the speeder? Oh well, we did what we could
    ))



    Vale: (( can I use the second manuever to
    push on? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Someone could give him cover for a
    free maneuver…










    Jshock-GM:

    sure



    Taliq: (( Someone’s gun might overheat again
    :3 ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Ooh, would it ever



    Vale: (( that’s my two manuevers done ))





    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc spots Bura, opens up the guns

    Taliq: (( Oops… ))

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a speeder gunnery check!
                  
    Successes:
    3
    / Threat: 2

    Mathus: (( Can we spend another Force to
    increase his difficulty? NM… ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, sure; let me roll a challenge here

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Bura Ban:

    • Bura Ban gets cut down in a hail of gunfire

    Taliq: (( We could’ve done that better XD ))

    • Taliq grits her teeth as she sees Bura Ban
      get torn apart by blaster fire



    java.lang.ArithmeticException: Division by zero error executing
    expression bar.Health = CurrWounds / MaxWounds .





    Bura Ban:

    Bura Ban is knocked out cold!

    Taliq: (( Knocked out?! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Major NPC; he’s not quite dead yet…

    Taliq: (( What is this, Oblivion? XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Ummm… kinda?

    Taliq: (( jk, fair enough ))

    Vale: (( XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I want to see heal checks before I
    decide he’s dead

    Taliq: (( I mean if it was one of us we
    wouldn’t be outright dead either ))

    Taliq: (( Right, heal check, maybe some
    final words… Very cinematic… ))

    Taliq: (( OK… I’ll take this one ))

    Taliq: (( No, I’ll take the last turn… ))

    Taliq: (( Since that’ll still let me act
    before teh speeder again. You guys go ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    I’ll go..

    • Jaana Raeth heads back to the cave front
      upon hearin gthe scream…



    Jshock-GM: (( oh, there was def a wilhem
    there ))









    Tygaran:

    strain so I can treat the guy…









    Jshock-GM:

    kk









    Jshock-GM:

    He looks pretty bad… blaster burns
    everywhere…










    Tygaran:

    medicine roll with what negatives?



    Taliq: (( Yay, the real healer is doing the
    healing isntead of me
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Call it Hard (3d). Your medpac gives
    you a boost (proper tools).










    Jshock-GM:

    Also, I’m raising the stakes









    Tygaran:


    makes a Heavy First Aid check!
                  
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat










    Jshock-GM:

    upgrade a diff to a challenge









    Jshock-GM:

    Lose one of the threats









    Tygaran:


    makes a Heavy First Aid check!
                  
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 4




    Taliq: (( LOL ))








    Tygaran:

    not sure how I feel about that 2nd
    roll.. there is a success but…










    Jshock-GM:

    first roll is kept, but changed






    Jaana Raeth:

    Jaana Raeth takes 0 wounds.
    Jaana
    Raeth takes 1 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    2 threat… that pilot’s getting a
    boost

    Mathus: (( So one success, 3 threat? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    no success, 2 threat

    Tygaran:

    well, I’ve done all I can this round..
    Next

    Bura Ban:

    • Bura Ban "Save… New… Meen…"

    Bura Ban:

    • Bura Ban expires in your arms

    Taliq: ((
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "New Meen? Newmeen?…."

    Bura Ban:

    Bura Ban is defeated!

    Taliq: (( You mean? ))

    Lowurra:

    Raawr? (Save Newman?)

    • Jaana Raeth looks towards the cave, giving
      Mathus a ‘look’






    Jaana Raeth:

    "I tough you were covering him…"

    The Dark Side:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Mathus:

    "I… thought he’d be safe…"

    • Mathus frowns a moment, shakes his head and
      waves for them to come in.






    Mathus:

    "Come on, before you’re next!"

    Jshock-GM:

    I believe she just spent both her
    moves for the turn.

    Jshock-GM:

    Next?

    Taliq: (( It’s OK she can take one of the
    first two turns next round ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Seinfeld?

    Taliq: (( NEWMAN!1 ))

    Taliq: (( I’ll go ))

    Lowurra: (( the day will come! The day will
    come!!!!!) ))

    • Taliq sighs, and glares at the speeder, but
      then clips her blaster to her chest and retreats into the cave



    Taliq: (( She did what she could… ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Anything else?



    Taliq: (( …. nah. Jaana will be fine. She
    can handle herself. ))



    Taliq: (( Oh, spend action to take another
    maneuver? ))


  • Taliq hustles to catch up with Lowurra and
    Vale









  • Jshock-GM:

    1









    Jshock-GM:

    Lowurra, you’re lucky.









    Jshock-GM:

    You and Taliq suddenly hear a noise:






    Human merc:

    "Get ’em!"

    Jshock-GM:

    Merc is out of range!

    Taliq: (( uh oh! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    GAnd pokes around the wall and fires
    at Taliq!

    Gand merc:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster rifle

    R-Heavy

    Long

    9



    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Crit 3 ()

    Lethal Blow 1 (passive): The first crit inflicted in an
    encounter counts as 2 crits to the target.

    Taliq: (( ah crap! Damnit XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You’re in Med

    Jaana Raeth whispers: so.. was
    there a data disc/chip/cyrtsl or what have you pressed into Jaana’s
    hands along with the death scene words?
    Just wondering if I need to search him before retreating

    You whisper to Tygaran: nope

    Taliq: (( Alas, no raising steaks for me ))

    Jshock-GM:

    you have 2 destiny…

    Jshock-GM:

    You want to?

    Taliq: (( we do? ))

    Taliq: (( I thought we were out ))

    Taliq: (( They’re no longer in my LOS
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    you were down to one, and I spent one

    Taliq: (( Then YES, would like to raise the
    stakes! ))

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Gand Blaster rifle check!
              
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 1

    Taliq: (( Victory! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You want that adv? heal a strain?

    Taliq: (( um… YES
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Lowurra? I think?

    Taliq: (( Wait, we spend their advantage?
    They spend their threat? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I’m throwing you a bone

    Jshock-GM:

    Sme reason cats play with their food

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq is
    healed and gains back 1 strain.

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Lowurra: (( hummmm ))

    Lowurra: (( so for movement – can I engage with
    the blaster rifle guy? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You certainly can; 1 maneuver to get
    to short, another to engage with him

    Lowurra:

    Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra
    takes 2 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    Straining yourself so you can swing, i
    assume

    Jshock-GM:

    ninja’d

    Taliq: (( Tear out the Gand’s breathing
    aparatus! ))

    Lowurra:

    RAWRG!

    Lowurra:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Vibro Axe

    Melee

    Engaged

    7




    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Pierce 2: Target’s soak is reduced by 2 against this attack.

    Lowurra: (( does that number for 7 include my +1
    from feral strength? ))

    Taliq: (( Bite his freakin’ head off! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    He’ll raise your stakes,

    Lowurra: (( so total dice rolled on the
    difficulty side again? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    no, I haven’t adjusted anything

    Jshock-GM:

    in this case, 1d1c

    The Dark Side:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Lowurra:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Vibro Axe

    Melee

    Engaged

    7




    • You deal 8 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Pierce 2: Target’s soak is reduced by 2 against this attack.

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
                
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 2

    Jshock-GM:

    Eww. that’s 10 dmg unadjusted? 7 base,
    2 success, 1 feral?

    Lowurra: (( yar ))

    Gand merc:

    Gand merc takes 7 wounds.
    Gand merc
    takes 0 strain.
    Gand merc is defeated!

    Taliq: (( Bitch got wookiee’d ))

    Jshock-GM:

    The human merc looks suddenly alarmed.

    Lowurra: (( is that rifle awesomesaucer than our
    own armaments? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    It’s a rifle

    Lowurra: (( I just don’t know what people are
    packing ))

    Lowurra: (( But I’ll use the advantage to boost
    Taliq ))

    Taliq: (( Thanks! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Speaking of which, top of the round.
    TAliq, you going?

    Vale: (( Nice ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    need a skill for the search?

    Taliq: (( Sure, why not
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You sure you want to search him with a
    speeder locked on to you?

    • Taliq charges forward, emboldened and
      heartened by her companion’s courage!






    Vale:

    "Wait where’s Bura, you guys were
    right behind me!"

    Vale: (( Line of sight si cool
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    I shoul dbe able to get inside before
    he fires again… that’s whay it’s a quick search…

    Taliq: (( can I shot him through those
    rocks? they aren’t on the VBL, so they don’t block LOS? ))

    Vale: (( never saw it happen ))

    • Mathus frowns.








    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, they’re heavy cover – 2 setback






    Mathus:

    "Bura didn’t make it…"

    Taliq:

    Cool

    Taliq:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster Carbine

    R (Hvy)

    Med

    9




    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Taliq: (( difficulty? ))

    Vale:

    " Damn it!"

    Jshock-GM:

    easy shot

    Jshock-GM:

    he’ll raise the stakes

    Taliq: (( 1 blue from lowurra’s advantage? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yep yep

    Taliq: (( and +1 red ))

    The Dark Side:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    Taliq: (( … or 1 purple gets upgraded to a
    red? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    1 purple gets turen into red

    Taliq:


    makes a BLAM!!! check!
                    
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 1

    Taliq: (( Is that right? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Missing a difficulty

    Taliq:

    Sorry, I thought esay was 1p

    Jshock-GM:

    Wait, I said easy, meant normal

    Taliq:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    Don’t matter

    Taliq: (( Awesome ))

    Taliq: (( 12 damage! ))

    Human merc:

    Human merc takes 7 wounds.
    Human
    merc takes 0 strain.

    Taliq: (( And I’ll give 1 boost to lowurra ))

    Taliq: (( we’re a team! ))

    Human merc:

    "AAAAH!!!"

    Lowurra: (( I’ll go if people don’t mind ))

    Taliq: (( Jaana should probably go ))

    Vale: (( go for it! Whack-a-mole that guy! ))

    Taliq: (( So she goes before the speeder.
    Then you can go
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll just pre emptively raise the
    stakes

    Lowurra: (( ahh -right ))

    Lowurra: (( go ahead ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, OK

    • Jaana Raeth gently sets the twi’lek down,
      does a quick search for any data storage devices, and withdraws inside…
      I
      shoul dbe able to get inside before he fires again… that’s whay it’s a
      quick search…



    Taliq: (( We don’t want 2 character deaths ))


    Mathus whispers: Hey Jshock,
    how’d you get 2 threat from the changed roll? I thought the 1 failure
    roll was changed to a 2 threat instead.









    Jshock-GM:

    Alright, cool. You get inside.



    Jaana Raeth: (( I think that’s far enough.. so
    unless you need a search check of some kind, I’d be done… ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Nope, you pat him down, don’t find
    anything (there’s nothing to find







    Jaana Raeth:

    kk, next

    Taliq: (( HEY MERC ))

    Taliq: (( GET WOOKIEE’D! ))

    Human merc:

    • Human merc opens up on the cave entrance,
      blocking it!

    Jshock-GM:

    Whoops, deserd merc

    Jshock-GM:

    Pretend that’s a heavy rock fall…

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Vale: (( XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    The speeder scoots off afterwards

    Jshock-GM:

    Next?

    Taliq: (( WOOKIEE ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Do your thang; I’m raising the stakes

    Taliq: (( WOOKIEE THAT GUY ))

    Jshock-GM:

    He’s in short; 1 to engage

    Lowurra:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Vibro Axe

    Melee

    Engaged

    7




    • You deal 8 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Pierce 2: Target’s soak is reduced by 2 against this attack.

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
              
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( ZOMG ))

    Taliq: (( WUT ))

    Jshock-GM:

    He nimbly rolls out of the path of
    your axe

    Taliq: (( Forgot my boost die! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, good point; roll the boost, might
    change it

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 1

    Lowurra:

    ho!

    Taliq: (( YEAAAAAAAHh!!! ))

    Lowurra:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Vibro Axe

    Melee

    Engaged

    7




    • You deal 8 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Pierce 2: Target’s soak is reduced by 2 against this attack.

    Taliq: (( We make a good team, my hairy
    friend ))

    Lowurra:

    also

    Lowurra:

    Wookiee Rage

    Inherent: When you are wounded, you deal +1
    damage with all Melee and Brawl based attacks. When you are
    critically injured, you deal +2 with all Melee and Brawl
    based attacks instead.

    Jshock-GM:

    that’s 9

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, 10

    Human merc:

    Human merc takes 7 wounds.
    Human
    merc takes 0 strain.
    Human merc is defeated!

    Lowurra:

    RAAAAWRWRRWRWRRR

    • Taliq lowers her carbine and nods once at
      Lowurra









    Jshock-GM:

    Who’s still got moves? Vale, Mathus?



    Mathus: (( Yeah, think so. ))


    Vale: (( Yep ))


    Taliq: (( Yeah mathus and vale ))


    Vale: (( You wanan go first? ))


    Mathus: (( Sure. ))


    You whisper to JeffG: yeah, I
    miscounted. So sue me.



    Mathus whispers: Oof, should’ve
    mentioned it sooner. Bagh, damn speeder…


  • Mathus runs up to join the others.


  • Mathus whispers: K, so assuming
    there’s two exits to this cave, since they snuck out the back and got
    that speeder… odds are he can cover both easily, while we have no-
    hmm… how’d they get here in the first place anyway? The speeder
    couldn’t hold all 5 of them ,right?









    Jshock-GM:

    VAle? Anything special?






    Vale:

    "I’ll check up ahad."

    Vale: (( GOnna just move up and look down
    the cave ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Matty, Perception for thinking, no diff

    Mathus:


    makes a Perception check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 3

    Vale: (( Should I do a perception to look
    down the hallways too see if I see anything of note? ))

    You whisper to JeffG: that
    combat speeder is exactly like the ones used on Hoth; 1 pilot, 1 copilot
    max

    Mathus:

    "…There has to be more vehicles
    here. That speeder could only hold 2 people, max."

    Jshock-GM:

    No, I’ll pipe up if there’s a chance
    you might notice something in time

    Mathus:

    "We might have a chance if whatever
    else they brought here’s also armed."

    Vale: (( Coo cool ))

    Jshock-GM:

    ANyone doing anything?

    Taliq: (( We out of initiative order? ))

    Vale: (( I’m just covering so I’m done ))

    • Taliq loots the gand mercenary








    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you’re out of init then


  • Mathus stimpacks himself.





  • Mathus:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Emergency Repair Kit (1)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a droid. Consumed
    on use.

    Tool Kit

    Allows you to repair mechanical devices and ‘heal’ droids
    with the Mechanics skill.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; access other computer systems.

    Reinforced overalls

    Soak 1 (already included in soak value).

    Credits

    150

    Taliq: (( Junkie
    ))

    Mathus:

    Mathus is healed and gains back 4
    wounds.
    Mathus takes 0 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    Right. Healing? Recovering strain?

    Vale: (( how does recovering strain work? ))

    Taliq: (( How does one recover strain? ))

    Mathus: (( Roll Vigilance or Cool, I believe. ))

    Mathus: (( Or Vigiliance or Discipline? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    not quite. You get back strain equal
    to Presence or Cool (whichever is greater

    Jaana Raeth:

    disc or cool…

    Jshock-GM:

    Anything else is heal checks

    Taliq: (( Equal to rank? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    right

    Jaana Raeth:

    or whatever jshock says it is…

    Vale:

    Vale takes 0 wounds.
    Vale is healed
    and gains back 3 strain.

    Mathus: (( What if you don’t have any ranks in
    either? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You have Presence

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq is
    healed and gains back 3 strain.

    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus is
    healed and gains back 2 strain.

    Jaana Raeth:

    cool is based on presences, so how
    could it be more?

    Mathus: (( You could have a skill rank in Cool
    higher than your Presence. ))

    Taliq: (( You could indeed ))

    Taliq: (( 3 presence but 4 cool… would
    make the skill check 3 y 1 g I believe ))

    Lowurra:

    Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra is
    healed and gains back 2 strain.

    Jaana Raeth:

    how’d that shape the dice pool? as
    normally the ranks improve a green to a yellow

    Jaana Raeth:

    Jaana Raeth is healed and gains back 2
    wounds.
    Jaana Raeth takes 0 strain.

    Mathus: (( Higher number = green, lower number =
    yellow. ))

    Mathus: (( So 3 ranks + 2 Presence = 2 yellow, 1
    green. ))

    Taliq: (( Upgrading an ready fully upgraded
    dice pool produces 1 green ))

    Taliq:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Binders (2)

    Binds prisoners’ hands.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; accesses computer systems.

    Padded armor

    Soak 2 (already included in soak value).

    Some glow rods

    Good for raves

    Vale:

    "Everyone Okay? No one bleeding out of
    their fleshy bits?"

    Lowurra:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Glow Stick

    A stick that Glows

    Taliq: (( I should probably stim up ))

    Mathus:

    "I should be fine, although I don’t
    know how well any of us will do against that speeder…"

    • Mathus still looks like he has an untreated
      wound or two.






    Jaana Raeth:

    "Just the guy that was supposedly
    being covered…" she glances at mathus again

    Taliq: (( heal check required, or do I just
    stab it into my vein?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Stimpacks? No check, you just heal
    potion 4

    • Taliq looks sternly at Jaana





    Taliq:

    "Sometimes soldiers die."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "He looked likea non-com to me."

    Jshock-GM: (( just assuming you have all
    moved into this cave ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "And weren’t we hired to scort him?
    Kinda unprofessional to let him die."

    Taliq:

    "We did what we could. Not every job
    is easy."

    • Jshock-GM is making popcorn so he can watch
      the dissention in the ranks






    Lowurra:

    rrrrrrrrr

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: any particular insight I have about Bura?

    • Mathus grits his teeth, then glares at Jaana.





    Mathus:

    "Alright then, what was I supposed to
    do? Distract the speeder with a gun I didn’t have out and have no
    training in?"

    Lowurra:

    RAAAAAAWR!!! (What’s past is past!)

    Jshock-GM:

    You heard about him, but you never met
    him until a few days ago; you were told he was brave, and a man of
    the common folk

    Lowurra:

    Raagraaaarr (Men die, life continues
    in the way of things. He joins the force as it goes)

    Mathus:

    "I might’ve been able to carry him in
    further again, but…"

    Lowurra:

    hhhuurrrrraa (On to meet his
    ancestors, shouting defiance at the sky

    • Mathus sighs and grumbles, shaking his head.





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Whatever… at the end he asked us to
    save ‘New Meen"… don’t know if that’s two words or if something
    got lost in the middle…" * shrug *

    Vale:

    ‘Explaining to the leader folk won’ be
    an enjoyable experience. Still, he knew the risks."

    Vale:

    ’New Meen?"

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, you guys were looking over the
    mercs? They’re both wearing body armor; the gand has a long
    barreled blaster rifle. They both have heavy blaster pistols

    Mathus:

    "It’s our destination. He’s asking us
    to carry on his task."

    Vale:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster pistol

    R (Lt)

    Med

    6



    • You deal 6 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Mathus:

    "Five bounty hunters and an armed
    speeder… ‘you don’t need grenades’…"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "Bloody mess. We still need to take
    down that speeder if we want any hope of escaping alive, though."

    Taliq:

    "So we finish the job."

    • Taliq looks at Jaana

  • Mathus nods at Taliq.





  • Taliq:

    "Maybe we didn’t do it perfectly, but
    we’re still professional."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Then let’s finish looking around."
    and moves to the pathout of this cavern…

    Mathus:

    "Jaana, could you patch Taliq up
    first?"

    Jshock-GM:

    Suddenly, a comlink on the
    human’s belt chirps.

    • Mathus suddenly goes silent, listens to the
      comlink.


  • Vale wanders over and picks up one of the
    heavy pistols and inspects it.


  • Taliq goes quiet listening





  • Desert merc:

    "Grando, you there buddy, What’s
    going on in there?"

    Vale:

    Then snaps back listening to the comm.

    Mathus: (( Did we hear Grando at all? ))

    • Taliq ’s eyes widen


    Mathus: (( aka to imitate his voice? ))





    Desert merc:

    "Grando?"

    • Taliq looks at Vale, and tilts her head
      towards the comm






    Mathus:

    "Uh, can anyone imitate Grando’s
    voice?"

    • Mathus glances at Vale.

  • Vale shrugs and takes the Comm








  • Jshock-GM:

    I’m going to call that Daunting – 4d.
    Taliq and Lowurra heard him clearly once.




    Vale: (( and I didn’t ))


    Jaana Raeth: (( ’we’re all fine .. here… uh..
    how are you…?’ ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Were you there?






    Vale:

    "I’m here, what do you want?"

    Vale: (( Oh wait ))

    Vale:

    I could see but I think I missed hteir
    talking

    Jshock-GM:

    Well, roll some dice: Deciet check

    Taliq: (( Difficulty? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    4d

    Vale:


    makes a Here goes nothing check!
                  
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 3

    Mathus: (( NICE. ))

    Taliq: (( Well that’s interesting ))

    Desert merc:

    ’Blast, good to hear ya pal! Everything
    good in there?"

    Vale:

    "Fine fine, had a bit of trouble with
    the locals but nothing we couldn’t deal with."

    Desert merc:

    "Good – my speeders out of ammo. How
    many alive?"

    Vale:

    "None, now" – I chuckle.

    Jshock-GM: (( what’s your cunning / deceit?
    ))

    • Vale looks at the group warily. His face
      says "I don’t know how long I can keep this up"



    Vale: (( 1 rank of Deciet, 3 cunning. ))

  • Lowurra shrugs








  • Jshock-GM:


    makes a check!
                
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 3



  • Lowurra goes to investigate the speeders





  • Desert merc:

    "Alright, good to hear. I’m coming back
    in – meet you at base."

    • Mathus holds out his hand for Lowurra to
      stop. He clearly looks wary of him heading off by himself.






    Vale:

    "Right you are, see you then."

    Mathus:

    "…Alright, give me the comm, quick."

    • Vale hands it over


    Mathus: (( I’m assuming it’d take too long to
    change into their laminate? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    You walk in to the room just as the
    deswert merc is climbing over some rocks, lowurra…




    Mathus: (( Agh, I told him to wait… ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, didn’t look



    Mathus: (( Well, gestured. ))


    Taliq: (( Wookiee’s don’t understand puny
    human body language ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Probably. lots of straps to adjust, at
    least.



  • Mathus quickly tries to juryrig the comm
    unit to send a painful level of feedback to the desert merc when Mathus
    activates it.



  • Mathus: (( AKA want to do a roll to sabotage it
    so when I activate it, it gives the last merc setbacks. ))



    Jaana Raeth: (( if there been no major change
    since I downloaded this pdf, I can treat Taliq with medicine once, an as
    she’s above half max wounds, it’d be an easy check? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    I’m going to call that another 4d
    Mechanics; coms probably have safety limiters







    Mathus:


    makes a Mechanics check!
                    
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Jshock-GM:

    yes, plus the boost from your medpac

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you think it’ll work

    • Mathus sets the comm on his arm, pulls out
      his blaster.






    Mathus:

    "Alright, think we’re ready for some
    payback."

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a First Aid on Taliq with medkit… check!
            
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 2

    Mathus: (( It’d be a maneuver to activate the
    sabotaged commlink, right? ))

    • Lowurra sorry I had gone AFK


    Lowurra: (( would have stopped if I saw Mathus
    gesturing ))



    Taliq: (( Revenge is illogical… oh wait
    I’m not Spock
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    maneuver sounds good


  • Vale shrugs and grabs one of the heavy
    pistols



  • Jaana Raeth: (( looks like 1 wound and two strain
    healed, taliq ))






    Human merc:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    H. Blaster pistol

    R-Light

    Medium

    7



    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Crit 3 ()

    Taliq: (( Um… That guy’s dead
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    He needed info

    Jshock-GM:

    I just dropped the macro onto you

    Taliq: (( It hurt. But I have 9 other toes.
    ))

    Vale: (( gotcha ))

    Taliq: (( Also, thanks Tyg
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, so are you gius going to sneak up
    on him? What’s the plan?

    Taliq:

    Taliq is healed and gains back 1
    wounds.
    Taliq is healed and gains back 2 strain.

    Vale:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Blaster pistol

    R (Lt)

    Med

    6



    • You deal 6 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Mathus:

    Ambushing him sounds good.

    Vale:

    Before he can get word out

    • Taliq gives Jaana a nod and a sincere smile
      of gratitude as she gets patched up.









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, so you’re all padding down the
    tunnel Give me Stealth vs his Perception: 3D







    Mathus:


    makes a Stealth check!
              
    Successes:
    3
    / Threat: 3

    Vale:


    makes a Don’t step on a twig check!
                
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
                
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a check!
                
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 1

    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq?

    Taliq: (( sorry, looking it up ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( you have 4 greens ))

    Taliq:


    makes a Ninja check!
                  
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 1

    Taliq: (( . ))

    Vale: (( Mathus the mechanical ninjaaaa ))

    Jshock-GM:

    That’a a lot of threat between Mathus,
    Lowurra and Jaana. You get halfway down the tunnel when you hear
    someobe say "OH KRIFF!!!"

    Taliq: (( Sith spit!! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Call it like that; Cool checks for
    init!’

    Taliq: (( Wait, why don’t we just BLAT this
    guy? ))

    Mathus:


    makes a Cool check!
        
    Successes:
    4
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Mathus: (( That’s the plan, I thought. ))

    Vale:


    makes a Init check!
          
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 3

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Init check!
        
    Successes:
    2
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Taliq:


    makes a Its Cool for Cats check!
          
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 1

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Coolness check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 1

    Jshock-GM:

    Missed your adv, Taliq. 2 turns before
    he gets to move

    Mathus: (( How many maneuvers to get into Medium
    range of him? How many to engage with him? ))

    Vale: (( I don’t mind when I go just before
    him in the first round due to my bonus against people that haven’t acted
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Ooh, he’s just outside of long. 1 to
    get to med, 2 from med to long, 2 more to get from long to extreme

    Mathus:

    So 5 maneuvers to engage with him.

    Jshock-GM:

    That feels funky though

    Jshock-GM:

    How about this: I’m at 1 meter scale.
    1 maneuver gets you 6 meters? Like D&D?

    Taliq: (( Well I’m fine with blind charging
    to range and then opening fire on him ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Or does that seem short?

    Mathus: (( He’s 54 meters away from us. That’d
    take 10 maneuvers. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Sbout the same, isn’t it?

    Taliq: (( Hey, he still can’t shoot at us
    till we can shoot at him ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Actually, wasn’t d20 SW / saga 1 square

    Jshock-GM:

    2 meters?

    Mathus: (( Why don’t we just go with 5 maneuvers
    away ATM? ))

    Taliq: (( I don’t know, we just measured in
    squards ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, we’ll stick to the rules

    • Mathus will go after him.








    Jshock-GM:

    Also, did anyone take the gand’s rifle?



    Mathus: (( Not yet, I believe? ))


    Taliq: (( I wanted to, but I didn’t say that
    I did… ))



    Taliq: (( Was totally gonna strap it to my
    back XD ))



    Taliq: (( And then see if the armor fit
    Mathus ))









    Jshock-GM:

    So, no. Thought I’d ask









    Jshock-GM:

    Who’s first?


  • Mathus will go post-merc.


  • Vale: (( If I could go first or second I’d
    like that ))



    Taliq: (( Fine I’ll go first ))

  • Taliq charges


  • Taliq: (( double move ))


    Taliq: (( and done ))








    Jshock-GM:

    OK, another move next turn gets you
    into long



  • Taliq unclips her carbine as she charges








  • Jshock-GM:

    Vale, I believe?



    Mathus: (( You mean medium? ))


    Taliq: (( QUICK DRAWER OH yeAH ))








    Jshock-GM:

    1 maneuver from short to med



    Vale: (( Hmm ))








    Jshock-GM:

    He’s at long, relative to Taliq and
    Vale now




    Vale: (( So I can take a long range pot
    shot? Or is he out of range? ))



    Mathus: (( Out of range. Only that rifle the
    mercs had has Long range. ))









    Jshock-GM:

    You’ve got that hvy blaster now? Still
    a pistol – Med range max




    Vale: (( thought so, well I’ll use my second
    nauv tpo get into cover ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, fine



    Vale: (( Since I can’t shoot, lol ))





    Desert merc:

    "Frell, this bounty’s not worth it…"

    Jshock-GM:

    Maneuvers to get up the rocks, strains
    to get to the other side

    Taliq: (( Frell? XD ))

    Mathus: (( Farscape! ))

    Taliq: (( I know XD ))

    Jshock-GM: (( SW is short on epitaths ))

    Taliq: (( You know that show was mostly
    filmed in Australia ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yep; what parts?

    • Mathus charges up as well.


    Mathus: (( Done. ))

  • Jaana Raeth lets tyhe wookie charge ahead of
    her



  • Vale: (( Farkled is an adjectival F-word
    euphemism, used in such contexts as "the engine’s farkled" or "we got
    farkled in that deal. ))



    Vale: (( got a list up and thought that one
    was particularly amusing ))









    Jshock-GM:

    There a list on wookieepedia I didnt
    see?



  • Lowurra runs as far forward as he can


  • Mathus whispers: New plan: if I
    hear/see him trying to escape in the speeder, I’ll try to time the
    feedback to distract him when he’s maneuvering & cause him to crash into
    something.




    Vale: (( has sources and examples where they
    are from though so it may as well ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Most handy – I thank you






    Lowurra:

    done

    Vale: (( on the wikia there is a list of
    stuff that isn’t just curses but other slang words too. ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    next round

    • Jaana Raeth advanced into cover


    Mathus: (( How many maneuvers to reach the rock
    pile? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Call it 1; you spent one, so you can
    get to the top of it




    Taliq: (( Which way did doofus go? ))


    Mathus: (( Over the rocks. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Hang on



    Taliq: (( Out the way he came? ))

  • Mathus scrambles over the rocks to get a
    clear view of the retreating scum.









  • Jshock-GM:

    You have a standard there, and you can
    still strain to pull a blaster or something…



  • Mathus already had his blaster pulled.








  • Jshock-GM:

    OK, fair enough






    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes
    2 strain.

    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Hvy Blaster Pistol

    R (Lt)

    Med

    7


    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    • Mathus will take a shot. Difficulty?








    Jshock-GM:

    Normal






    Desert merc:

    "NOOOOO!!!"

    Mathus:


    makes a Light Ranged check!
            
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat

    • Mathus ‘s shot goes wide; he’s clearly
      unused to wielding a blaster.



    Taliq: (( Nice try, M-dawg ))

  • Mathus is done.





  • Desert merc:

    • Desert merc tosses his blaster, throws his
      hands up
    • Mathus keeps his blaster aimed at him.





    Desert merc:

    "You guys were just a bounty! Nothing
    personal!"

    • Taliq follow Mathus through the rock pile

  • Taliq places a had on Mathus’ shoulder





  • Taliq:

    "Well done, but he’s more use to us
    alive, yeah?"

    Mathus:

    "YOU BASTARD, YOU SCREWED UP- huh?"

    • Mathus glances over at Taliq.

  • Taliq smiles reasurringly at Mathus





  • Mathus:

    "Uh, yes. You want to take it from
    here?"

    • Mathus grins feebly at Taliq.





    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc looks confused, wild eyed

    Vale:

    "Tqake him alive so we can see who has
    a bount on your guys!"

    Taliq:

    "Sure… So long as you cover me, OK?"

    • Mathus nods.

  • Taliq gives Mathus a thumbs up

  • Jaana Raeth levels impossible to set on stun
    slug-thrower at the man



  • Vale: (( XD ))


    Taliq: (( XD ))





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Careful what you say… our wookie
    freidn hasn’t torn off any limbs today…"

    Desert merc:

    "It was that kubaz! Said the guys coming
    this way were worth a lot of creds!"

    Mathus whispers: Alright,
    thinking through it… Teemo obviously sent these guys, and they were
    lying in ambush for us here, right? And Teemo shouldn’t have traced our
    signal yet… so how did they know where we were? And where we were
    going?

    Taliq:

    "Sorry buddy, but we’re really not
    worth that much."

    Mathus whispers: The only
    viable way they could’ve known was if someone with the rebels
    double-crossed us and passed on word to Teemo, right?

    Taliq: (( LOL WE PROBABLY ARE ))

    Desert merc:

    "That trandoshan was out for blood, but
    I was just after easy credits, I swear!"

    You whisper to JeffG: I’m
    pleading the 5th. Make ytour own assumptions.

    Mathus: (( What’s a kubaz? ))

    Taliq: (( The long snouted thing in one of
    the movies ))

    Taliq: (( … That’s OOC knowledge
    ))

    Mathus whispers: Well, I’m just
    asking- Mathus couldn’t think of any other explanation, right? It’s like
    Teemo could’ve cracked the tracer override that fast, right?

    Jshock-GM:

    Make a astrogation – hard

    Mathus:


    makes a Astrogation check!
                  
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 1

    Taliq:

    "You want some easy credits? Work for
    me…"

    Tokens dropped onto map ‘Old Lylek Den’

    Kunaz:

    these guys

    Taliq: (( Yeah that guy ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes, that’s them. Mathus doesn’t
    really know anything about them, though

    Taliq: (( He was a spy or something in
    Epiode IV I think? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yep

    Tygaran:

    a snitch at any rate

    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq, this guy looks <u>really</u>
    confused now.

    Desert merc:

    "Work for you? Doin’ what?"

    Mathus:

    "Work for you? I think we know some
    people that would pay to take him…"

    • Mathus glances at Taliq.





    Taliq:

    "All you need to do is tell me
    everything you know about your previous employer"

    Taliq:

    "No risk"

    Taliq: (( HONEST ))

    Desert merc:

    "The snout? Whaddaya need?"

    Mathus:

    "Really? I don’t think this bastard
    knows anything, besides how to shoot down unarmed civilians…"

    Taliq:

    "Who and where. Name and a place we
    can find him."

    • Vale watches Mathus very carefully

  • Taliq spares a warning glance at Mathus


  • Lowurra: (( sorry fellows, but I must run ))


    Mathus: (( Later. ))


    Taliq: (( NOOOOoooo we needs our wookiee ))


    Taliq: (( gg mate, till next time ))





    Lowurra:


    Vale: (( Cya wookieman ))

    Desert merc:

    "Think he said his name was Thweek – not
    that he told us or anything, overheard him talking to someone on
    his com."

    Drekkan is disconnected.

    • Taliq strides forward and plants her gun in
      the mercenaries face






    Desert merc:

    "He told us to meet him back at Nabat,
    at the Ryll Fine cantina."

    Taliq:

    "Is that the truth?"

    Desert merc:

    "I swear, lady!"

    Taliq:

    "I’m no lady"

    • Taliq empties her carbine





    Desert merc:

    ‘Whatever, just don’t blast me!"

    Mathus: (( It’s a Discipline check to tell if
    he’s lying, right? ))

    Tygaran: (( tottally can see he shooting him
    right after sayign that
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq, roll, no diff

    Taliq:


    makes a DISSEPLYN check!
        
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 1

    Jshock-GM:

    what’s your carbine? 9?

    • Taliq empties her carbine over the merc’s
      shoulder



    Taliq: (( WINK ))





    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc faints
    • Mathus nearly jumps at that.





    Desert merc:

    Desert merc is knocked out cold!

    Mathus:

    "…Uh, nice."

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Taliq: (( How do I feel about his intel? ))

    Mathus:

    "So, uh, let’s strip him bare, tie him
    up, and see what else we got here. Loot everything and check out
    this… Thweek, at Nabat in the Ryll Fine catina?"

    Taliq:

    "No."

    Mathus:

    "Huh?"

    • Mathus glances at Taliq.

  • Tygaran leaves the ‘prisoner’ to the others
    and checls out the transportation






  • Taliq:

    "He was just doing his job."

    • Vale watches the group intently.








    Jshock-GM:

    Actually, everyone but Vale, make a
    stretwise – no diff







    Mathus:


    makes a Streetwise check!
        
    Successes:
    2
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Taliq:


    makes a StreetFOOL check!
        
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 3

    Mathus:

    "Did his job involve gunning down an
    unarmed person?"

    Tygaran:


    makes a Street check!
          
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 3

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s good enough… those of you who
    are familiar with Teemo know Thweek is his right hand man

    Jshock-GM:

    He’s a trained spy – a nasty character

    Taliq: (( My discipline check, was I happy
    with the intel he provided ))

    Taliq: (( i.e. was he telling the truth, or
    making up stuff because he was scared?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, you think he was a bit too
    frightened to lie

    • Mathus looks at Taliq, awaiting an answer.


    Taliq: (( Cool ))

  • Taliq strides towards Mathus and stares him
    straight in the eye






  • Taliq:

    "It’s not on him that Bura Buan died.
    It’s on his employer"

    Taliq:

    "Do you understand?"

    Taliq: (( Gristley mercenary powers
    activate! ))

    Bura Ban:

    • Bura Ban strikes a Che Guevara pose in your
      minds eye, dying heroically for the revolution

    Mathus:

    "So what? You want to tell the twi’lek
    rebels you let his shooter go because he wasn’t the guy in charge?"

    • Mathus meets her stare.





    Taliq:

    "He just gave us the guy who really
    killed Bura Buan. You want me to murder him here and now for that?"

    • Taliq walks over to the unconcious merc and
      picks him up by his hair






    Mathus:

    "No. I want you to take him in to the
    twi’leks. They can decide what to do with him… and we might get
    paid a bit for it."

    Vale: (( Noms the popcorn
    ))

    • Taliq clicks off the safety on her carbine,
      and points it to the merc’s head






    Taliq:

    "Let me save them the trouble, and
    I’ll kill him here and now. He’s guilty… of trying to make a
    little money in this cruel galaxy…"

    • Vale goes and finds Jaana





    Mathus:

    "If making a little money was a valid
    excuse, then isn’t Teemo just doing the same thing?"

    Vale:

    "So ah lady, how long have you been
    running with this lot?"

    • Taliq looks sharply at Vale





    Taliq:

    "I’m no lady"

    Mathus: (( Think he was talking to Jaana. ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Just since Tantooine.. not very long."

    Taliq: (( lol my bad ))

    Taliq:

    "No, Temmo is making a LOT of money.
    There’s a big difference"

    Vale:

    "Right, right, mercs start firing at
    you often?"

    Jshock-GM: (( woah – you putting moves on
    Jaana? ))

    Taliq: (( Well he IS Han Solo…
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( I know! ))

    Vale: (( lul wut?! ))

    • Mathus grits his teeth, looks at Taliq a
      moment.



    Vale: (( OH I SEE
    ))



    Taliq: (( And it’s not like Taliq is
    Princess Leia
    ))






    Mathus:

    "…Well, if making a little money is
    a good excuse for murder, then why don’t we try bringing him in
    for a little money?"

    Taliq:

    "So it’s all about the MONEY for you?"

    Mathus:

    "No. Is it all about that for you?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Unfortunately… Teemo, the slug,
    decided to put bounties on us. Still not sure why for the others,
    but as for me he decided I had to pay backl the expenses of a
    failed mission… where none of his people listened to my advice
    and got themselves killed…"

    Taliq:

    "No…"

    • Taliq drops the mercenary





    Vale:

    "Always the case. Always have to clean
    up other folk’s mess and in the end you’re the one losing out."

    • Taliq unpowers her weapon and holsters it





    Taliq:

    "I’m sorry Mathus… Of course, we’ll
    take him in Bura’s people. That’s the right thing to do."

    • Jaana Raeth energizes the repulsorlift
      engines (assuming thats how these small ones operate…
      )


  • Vale starts inspecting the vehicles while
    talking to Jaana.


  • Mathus just nods curtly.





  • Mathus:

    "Good. Bounty hunting is one thing.
    Cutting down unarmed people to do it is another."

    • Taliq shrugs





    Taliq:

    "I’ve done worse to get the job done."

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: anything of note about the vehicles purely from
    a pilot’s perspective?

    Jshock-GM: (( OK, it’s midnight and the
    scene is resolved anyway. I’m calling it a night ))

    • Taliq binds the mercenary and throws him
      over one shoulder



    Vale: (( cool cool ))


    Taliq: (( Good point ))








    Tygaran:

    kk.. night all






    Vale:

    2/ooc 2 PM here

    Jshock-GM:

    The orange one’s a 4 seat civilian;
    the others a military airspeeder. They’re both pretty beat up.

    Taliq: (( ’night all _ ))

    • Mathus frowns at Taliq a moment, then goes
      to inspect the other vehicles.



    Taliq: (( gg ))


    Mathus: (( Are they still flyable, though? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah; you’re not sure how long they’ll
    last though



  • Jaana Raeth drives the european side
    speeder…



  • Mathus: (( Hmm… could I do some quick
    maintainence on them to make sure they’ll last to New Feen? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    You giuys are getting another 10 xp.
    Let me know what youre doing with it on the forums.




    Vale: (( awesome ))








    Jshock-GM:

    If you want to take that kind of time,
    sure










    Jshock-GM:

    I’m shutting down tonight, we can
    resolve that at the beginning of next session




    Taliq: (( Coo’ ))


    Mathus: (( K. ))


    Taliq: (( Till next time folks _ ))








    Tygaran:

    kk, loging out.. cya



    Tygaran is disconnected.


    JeffG is disconnected.


    Xie is disconnected.

    Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 3

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Jshock