Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 12

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
JeffG has connected.
Foxtrot has connected.
Foxtrot: Hidey Ho
Jshock-GM: Hey
Foxtrot: How are w all?
Jshock-GM: I’m good. You?
Foxtrot: Yeah, fuzzy wuzzy bear etc. Had this bright idea about 1 am leas tnight that I would push through till this game and stay up all night. Got to 5am and just couldn’t do it hehe
Jshock-GM: Tim, do you play Dark Heresy? You notice they’re doing a 2nd edition?
Foxtrot: OOooh
Foxtrot: I do!
Foxtrot: I hadn’t seen, ima gocheck that out!
Foxtrot: Wonder what changes they
Foxtrot: ’ll make.
Jshock-GM: Sounded like ther’re bringing it closer to the newer games (Deathwatch/Black Crusade/Only War).
Foxtrot: AH right right
Foxtrot: I mean, they all line up but you need to have a decent working knowledge of progression in all of them to make them all work.
Foxtrot: I had this idea once of running a campaign where you play as two sets of characters. A deathwatch squad and an acolyte squad. THe idea being that the acolytes do all the investigating, and the deathwatch goes in with the heavy lifting.
Xie has connected.
Foxtrot: Or any only War squad kill team etc incase Deathwatch is overkill.
Xie: Hey hey hey!
Tygaran has connected.
Xie: I got my EotE rulebook yesterday
Xie: Man it’s heavy
Foxtrot: Hi
Jshock-GM: Yeah, there’s points where sending alcolytes into the fight doesn’t make any sense (genestealer hive)
Jshock-GM: Yeah, it’s a toebreaker
Jshock-GM: Any one heard from Drekkan? He still out?
Drekkan has connected.
Tygaran: I thiank we have an asnwer…
Jshock-GM: Oh, question answered
Jshock-GM: Anyone need some time before we get started?
Foxtrot: um, ima jsut go make a quick cup of tea to wake up
Foxtrot: but I’ll be in and out so we can start :)
Jshock-GM: OK, cool. Why don’t the rest of you guys roll for destiny for the night?
Xie: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a DESTIIIIINY check!
  
Successes:  None  /  No Advantage or Threat

Light Side : 0 / Dark Side: 1
Xie: Bollocks
Jaana Raeth: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Good Destiny? check!
  
Successes:  None  /  No Advantage or Threat

Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0
Foxtrot: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a I dream of Genie check!
  
Successes:  None  /  No Advantage or Threat

Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0
Xie: Sweet!
Drekkan: wait – where are our tokens?
JeffG: Alright.
Lowurra: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a 0 check!
  
Successes:  None  /  No Advantage or Threat

Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0
Jshock-GM: Gah, the force is strong with these ones…
JeffG: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Destiny check!
  
Successes:  None  /  No Advantage or Threat

Light Side : 0 / Dark Side: 1
The Dark Side:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Force:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Force:
INCREASE THE FORCE
Jshock-GM: Scary
Jshock-GM: Alright, let’s get the reap on…
Jshock-GM:

SESSION RECAP





When we last saw the crew of the KRAYT FANG, they were
attempting to get past a group of Geonosian guards to
board the LUCKY GUESS, a Nova class courier ship
transporting antiquated droid parts to the palace of the
despicable crime lord TEEMO THE HUTT.

After a short
debate, it was decided that stealth was the sanest option.
That option lasted only a few scant seconds however, as
JAANA accidentaly scraped her boot across the decking of
the gantry they were standing on, alerting the guards to
their presence.

Combat then ensued. The group
decided pacifism might gain them favor with duke Dimmock,
so most shot for stun… except for the Wookiee LOWURRA,
who charged in with his vibroaxe humming!

The group
did quite well, knocking out half the guards in the first
opening volley. Then a true threat arrived; VRIXXTT, the
Gand Findsman from the party! Armed with a hunting
blaster, he began to snipe at party members moving across
the bridge. JAANA moved to intercept, and began a fierce
sniper diel with the Findsman, while the rest of the party
dispached the remaining guards. She quickly prevailed…
only to have the Gand mysteriously disappear while no one
was looking…

The crew then boarded their ship for
MOS SHUUTA. A plan was hatched on the spot: they would
stow themselves inside the cargo containers, and smuggle
themselves within the palace itself. Let’s see how well
they fare…

Jshock-GM: Always gotta be a typo…
Xie: lol
Jshock-GM: I have no idea what a sniper diel is, but it’s now canon.
Wex Vio:
  • Wex Vio has just finished putting the lids
    back on the cargo containers… with you in them.
Xie: It’s like a sniper duel but in space
Taliq: "Thanks We-MpHH"
Lowurra: one sec – switching comps
Drekkan is disconnected.
Drookie has connected.
Jshock-GM: DROOKIE IN THE HIZOUUUSE!!!
  • Mathus assumes they have breathing holes in
    them… or at least ventilation…



Taliq: (( XD ))








Jshock-GM:

No breathing holes whatsoever. A few
minutes later, you all pass out and die.




Taliq: (( GG everyone! XD ))





Vale: SCORE!
Mathus: Fuck, knew we should’ve planned this out better.
Vale: Did we win the game?
Xie: Time to roll new characters! :3
Jshock-GM: If you had fun, yes.
Vale: XD
Jshock-GM: The above statement by the GM was a bold faced lie.
Drookie: pft
Drookie: monocled wookie would remember the breathing holes
Drookie: also – can I get ownership of Lowurra?
Jshock-GM: The management regretfully apologises. The offending GM has been sacked, and replaced.
Jshock-GM: You have ownership now
Jshock-GM: Anyway…
Xie: lol
Vale: Right, first, erryone is JEdi nao
Vale: Pew zap etc
Lowurra: (( whew – maptools has some annoying quirks ona new computer ))
Lowurra: (( including apparently being completely incompatible with java 7 ))
Mathus: (( Not completely; just mostly. ))
Lowurra: (( for my purposes… ))
You soon feel the Lucky Guess set down. The wait seems like hours; eventually, you feel your crates jostled by the Vio droids. Some time later…
your crates are eventually put back down some distance away. All is quiet…
Lowurra: (( on the other hand, I’m greatly enjoying my new alienware x51 with the new haswell intel chip ))
Jshock-GM: (( wow, heavy iron ))
Vale: (( we have our comms still yeah? I mean why wouldn’t we? ))
Jshock-GM: (( yeah ))
  • Mathus waits for the latest vehicle to get
    moving.


  • Lowurra contemplates whether he should try
    communicating… wookiees are not known for quiet communication



  • Lowurra: (( then again, the gentle purring could
    be mistaken for machinery… ))


  • Taliq waits for a further few minutes, just
    to be sure



  • Jshock-GM: (( wookiees purr when given
    skritchies ))









    Vale:

    +Everyone alive? double tap it on and
    off for affirmative
    +



  • Vale whispers whisperingly








  • Mathus:

    +*double-taps*



    Mathus: (( Hmm, are we waiting for the delivery
    vehicle to get moving? Or have we already arrived? ))









    Jaana Raeth:

    + tappa-tap ++



    Jshock-GM: (( You have no idea, Mathus ))





    Taliq: + TAP TAP **TAP +
    Mathus: (( Well, I’m assuming we need to hear another vehicle moving beneath us before we arrive. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( it felt more like you were carried in – probably by the Vio’s droids ))
    Taliq: (( I’m glad we came up with this code ahead of time :P ))
    Vale: (( OMG HE’S DEATH, THREE CLICKS FOR DED ))
    • Jaana Raeth cautiously cracks open her crate
      to get a view of the current exterior…



    Mathus: (( Thought the droids had to load us
    onto something else first… ah well. ))



    Taliq: (( One way to find out! ))





    You are in what looks like a darkened shop or warehouse – Probably
    Teemo’s cargo area. Multiple crates lie scattered around. A large cargo
    hauling droid is near you (binary load lifter?). Some sort of humanoid
    droid works in the shadows to your northwest…












    Jaana Raeth:

    +Droid for company, but looks liek
    we’re there
    + she sub vocalizes into th cos



  • Taliq cracks open her crate, as quietly as
    possible



  • Vale: (( sub vocalisig, I forgot about that
    ))









    Mathus:

    +It’s probably 41-Vex.+


  • Drookie cracks his own jar open slightly


  • Jshock-GM: (( as you open the crates, a
    droid’s servos turn in your direction! ))



    Lowurra: (( stealth check? ))








    41-VEX: "Hello? Is someone there?"
    Taliq: (( mmm, rasberry jelly! ))
    Vale: ++I’ll come out where we have the all clear. Do…do we ahve the all clear?++
    Vale: =what was that!+
    Vale: (( :P ))
    Taliq: "Could you assist us please, VEX?"
    the lights turn on
    Taliq: (( Do we know this VEX guy from when we use to work here? ))
    41-VEX: "What on … MASTER MATHUS!"
    Taliq: (( Sounds like a yes XD ))
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX shuffles in your direction
    Mathus: "-Vex!-"
    • Mathus hisses a whisper.

  • Jaana Raeth pops out and clamps a hand over
    the droid vocalator…









  • Mathus:

    "Quieter on the greetings, would ya?"









    Jaana Raeth:

    "Not so loud"






    41-VEX: ’Master, what are you doing in that crate? What is going on?"
    Mathus: (( Hrm, is 41-VEX programmed to be loyal to Teemo? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( sorta? As it stands, he would definitely be obidient to Teemo’s commands… ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( Hutts.. they skimp and just use restraiign bolts. :P ))
    Taliq: (( If he is, he won’t be for long! :3 ))
    Taliq: (( He doesn’t know that WE’RE not loyal to Teemo though ;) ))
    Mathus: (( Alright, so we need a lie? Or can Mathus tell him why we’re really here? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Restraining bolts don’t actually do much… they make a droid unable to move past a certain area ))
    Jaana Raeth: "Deal with this, Math…" * checks th edoors *
    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus: "Long story, Vex. What have we missed?"
    41-VEX: "Oh, i’m only a repair / healer… I’m not very good at stories…"
    • Taliq secure’s the entrance


    Jaana Raeth: (( not so as to make them intersting
    anyway ))









    Vale:

    +I uh, I’m just gonna hop on out.+



    Taliq: (( Maybe this one, since Jaana’s got
    the other one :P
    ))


  • Vale quietly extracts himself





  • 41-VEX: "Oh, I saw master Honwoo recently. I believe he wanted to say hello, but couldn’t."
    • Mathus blinks.





    Mathus: "…What? Why?"
    41-VEX: "Some of Master Teemo’s guards had brought him in to have me tend his wounds. I believe they had beaten him."
    • Mathus pauses for a moment at that.





    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX seems oddly cheery about all of this
    Mathus: "How often are you supposed to check up on him?"
    41-VEX: "Oh, They have brought him to me. I believe they have him held somewher in the palace…"
    41-VEX: ’You know, I think he mumbled something about a bounty on you at some point. Is that true?"
    • Mathus grits his teeth, wondering idly how
      good protocol droids are at detecting lies. He just shrugs.



    Jshock-GM: (( he’s only part protocol droid.
    ))






    Mathus: "You should get back to your work. We’ll call you if we need you."
    41-VEX: ’Wonderfu, just wonderful! Please, do take care…"
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX happily shuffles back to the workbench
      and begins repairing something
    Jaana Raeth: "It’s been a while, why don’t you just shut down so math can run his routine maintainance."
    Jshock-GM: (( what are the rest of you doing? ))
    • Taliq is keeping an eye out for trouble

  • Vale is keeping a sharp eye out, and looking
    around for anyhting that might be useful to know i nthis room



  • Jaana Raeth: (( taliw sees trouble.. oh wait,
    that’s a mirror… ))



    Taliq: (( LOL ))





    41-VEX: "…Oh, is that why you are here? Why did you come in the droid cargo then?"
    • Mathus blinks.





    Mathus: "…I was checking the parts to make sure they were quality."
    Taliq: "Convenience"
    • Mathus nods.





    Mathus: "Easier to do my job in transit."
    Taliq: (( Nice one Mathus ))
    Jaana Raeth: "You know Math, he just had to have use check all the parts on ruote."
    Taliq: "Yeah, he always checks parts en route"
    Jshock-GM: (( hmm… can you give me a deceit vs 1r? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus ))
    The Dark Side:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Mathus: (( Okay. ))
    Mathus: (( You guys mind if I upgrade this? ))
    Lowurra: (( go ahead ))
    Jshock-GM: (( actually, add 1b too, Taliq is backing you up ))
    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Deceit check!
              
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 1

    Light Side : 2 / Dark Side: 0
    Mathus: (( Argh, no successes, but one advantage. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( what would you like to do? ))
    Lowurra: (( and 2 more light side points… >.> ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you don’t need ’em ))
    Vale: XD
    The Force:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Mathus: (( Give a boost to our next check. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( cool ))
    41-VEX: "Unfortunately master, my protocols have been altered. I am not allowed to shut down at your command."
    Taliq: (( HAHAHA ))
    Taliq: (( Oh we can shut him down… :P ))
    Mathus: "My bad. Then just get back to work. We’ll holler if we need you."
    41-VEX: "Of course."
    Lowurra: Raaaawr (Let’s go)
    Taliq: "Which way?"
    Taliq: (( This way I guess? ))
    Taliq: (( To the communications hub, to try and get some dirt on Teemo? ))
    Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Computers check!
                
    Successes:  3  /  No Advantage or Threat
    Triumph: 1
    Vale: WOOKIE SMASH COMPUTER
    Taliq: (( TRIUMPH!! ))
    • Jaana Raeth quietly dashs past the door out
      to the grand hallway and checks the door to the com hub


















    Tygaran is disconnected.














    Tygaran has connected.











    Mathus: ++Stay on your toes. Teemo has every room bugged; if we’re lucky, he isn’t bored enough to be listening into the Workshop at ranodm.++
    Mathus: +Also, we have a… complication.+
    Vale: +what’s that?+
    • Lowurra tries to sneak around and stay
      inconspicuous



    Jshock-GM: (( where’s everyone standing? ))





    Mathus: ++Teemo made good on his threats. He’s got my mentor imprisoned somewhere here.++
    • Mathus is beginning to make his way towards
      the Hub.


  • Lowurra is kinda guarding Mathus


  • Mathus: (( Hoo boy. ))


    as you debate what to do… a pair of guards enter. They seem
    engrossed in conversation. They’re turning south as they enter and spot
    Mathus…


  • Mathus immediately tries to tackle and gag
    one so he can’t scream out.



  • Jshock-GM: (( OK. Vigilance for everybody. ))

  • Lowurra attempts a takedown





  • Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Vigilance check!
        
    Successes:  1  /  Advantage: 1
    Jaana Raeth: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Init check!
          
    Successes:  2  /  Advantage: 1
    Taliq: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Vigiliante check!
        
    Successes:  1  /  Advantage: 1
    Triumph: 1
    Foxtrot: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Bleep check!
        
    Successes:  2  /  Advantage: 1
    Taliq: (( triumph on an initiative roll? o.O ))
    Vale: 0.0
    Lowurra: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a 0 check!
        
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 2
    Jshock-GM: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Guard vigilance check!
      
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 1
    Scrawny thug 35: "What the…"
    Jshock-GM: (( you guys get the drop on them ))
    • Mathus tackles the scrawny one, leaving the
      albino to Lowurra.



    Taliq: (( Yeah you two should totally go
    first, you have the better beat-people-up skills ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus, sounds like a Brawl ))

  • Lowurra let’s out a sub-vocal warcry





  • Lowurra: urooorooooruooooo
    Lowurra: (( difficulty? ))
    Mathus: (( K, vs which difficulty? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( who wants it first – Mathus or Lowurra? Standard Brawl (2) ))
    Mathus: (( I’ll go first. ))
    Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Brawl check!
              
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 5
    Mathus: (( Pbbbt. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( man, 1 success and you’d be golden ))
    Mathus: (( They holding blasters? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( not yet ))
    Lowurra: (( wait – can he now give me a boost? ))
    Lowurra: (( or otherwise use his advantage, or only on a success? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( that and more, I would think ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, hmm… ))
    Mathus: Can I use 3 of that advantage to knock off his comm/earpiece? Normally it’d be a weapon, but he doesn’t have one.
    Jshock-GM: (( actually, let me check the book – they might have lifted restrictions on how many times you can spend for a thing ))
    Jshock-GM: (( that sounds reasonable ))
    Taliq: (( Even better, yeah! ))
    Taliq: (( BTW I’m assuming that blasters are really noisy… Because I’ve seen the movies… And they’re really noisy :P ))
    Mathus: (( Alright. I’ll spend the other 2 to give Lowurra a boost to hers. ))
    • Mathus is too off-balance to gag & knock him
      to the floor, but he does manage to thwack his earpiece off. It slides
      across the floor.



    Mathus: (( How do we shut the doors to the
    hallway? ))


  • Lowurra lunges at the guard in an attempted
    fly-tackle



  • Jshock-GM: (( awesome. ))





    Lowurra: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a 0 check!
                  
    Successes:  1  /  Advantage: 2
    Lowurra:
    Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
    Fists Brawl Eng 2
    • You deal 5 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    Jshock-GM: (( hang on, Brawl checks have more options than that ))
    Lowurra: (( lunge was mostly based on a grapple more than nything else ))
    Vale: (( SO this whole time I was on the wrong map, and I’m all "where da bitches at" ))
    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHA ))
    Jshock-GM: (( i think Unarmed attacks are crit 5, disorient 3 ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Ah, OK, found it. Crit 5, Disorient 1, knockback. ))
    Taliq: (( Disorient sounds promising ))
    Lowurra: (( then I shall disorient ))
    Jshock-GM: (( they’re minions – the group gets a setback next round ))
    Taliq: (( Awesome! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( who’s next? ))
    Mathus: (( How do we shut the doors to the hallway? ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( Taliq hits a button? ))
    • Taliq steps forward and tries to get the
      doors shut



    Jshock-GM: (( Control panel’s next to the
    door. ))


  • Taliq … and make them stay shut?





  • Taliq: … lock it from this side, even?
    Jshock-GM: (( electronic lock… Computers to jam it (1d) ))
    Mathus: "Close the door, close the door!"
    Taliq: "I’m closing the door…"
    Taliq: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Closing the damn door check!
          
    Successes:  1  /  No Advantage or Threat
    Taliq: (( lol ))
    Jshock-GM: HSSS-CLIK
    Jshock-GM: (( Maneuver and incidental left ))
    Taliq: (( Um… is there any advantage in flanking? ))
    Taliq: (( Does it grant combat advantage? :P ))
    • Taliq moves in to assist the minion beatdown


    Jshock-GM: (( it does not. Pretty good
    excuse for spending advantage for a boost, though ))



    Taliq: (( I’ll do it anyway, it’s what I
    would do next anyway ))









    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana or Vale next? ))

  • Jaana Raeth starts pokin gin her medicnie
    kit…






  • Jaana Raeth: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a whip up a Tanq check!
            
    Successes:  1  /  Threat: 1
    Vale: (( gotta run for like five minutes , be back super soon Vale is holding off shooting his blaster anyway cuz of noise. If it gets to go just pass me over as Im not sure hat to do anyways ))
    Jaana Raeth: ^ tranq
    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana… you stab yourself whith the stim’s needle. 2 strain, dear. ))
    Jaana Raeth: Jaana Raeth takes 0 wounds.
    Jaana Raeth takes 2 strain.
    Jshock-GM: (( Vale? ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( ^ he’s afk adn basically delaying as guns ar enoisy ))
    Mathus: (( He said he had to run for a bit. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Oh; he’ll bust out his guns and cover the other doors ))
    Jshock-GM: (( the thugs fight back vs the mighty Lowurra! ))
    Jshock-GM: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Guard Brawl check!
              
    Successes:  None  /  Threat: 2
    Jshock-GM: (( I feel bad for these guys already. Let’s see… ))
    Lowurra: hurhurhur (hurhurhur)
    Jaana Raeth: (( oops, Low brokae his arm… :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( whoever goes next gets a boost; Lowurra shakes off their attack completely. They’re wide open. ))
    Taliq: (( Nice! ))
    Lowurra: (( who wants it? ))
    Lowurra: (( mayhaps Mathus? ))
    Taliq: (( Yeah, we’re skipping Vale I guess, so Mathus on the next round? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus is technically the beatdown king ))
    Lowurra: (( oh – then me? ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Yeah, in the realm of Brawl, he’s got the trump ))
    Lowurra: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a 0 check!
                  
    Successes:  5  /  No Advantage or Threat
    Mathus: (( I’ll let Lowurra take that. ))
    • Lowurra stops just short of literally
      ripping the thug’s arms off



    Jshock-GM: (( ouch. Wookiee curbstomp.
    That’s 9? ))



    Mathus: (( Yeah, I think that’s 9. ))


    Taliq: (( Yikes! ))





    Scrawny thug 35: Scrawny thug 35 is knocked out cold!
    Lowurra: Arrrrooooo
    Jshock-GM: (( anything else there? ))
    Lowurra: (( subvocally of course ))
    Lowurra: (( nope ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( the drookie just backhands the scrawny one into KO-ness… ))
    • Mathus takes a maneuver to aim at the albino
      thug, then…






    Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Brawl check!
                
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 1
    Taliq: (( lol Mathus ))
    • Mathus struggles impotently.


    Mathus: (( Give a boost to our next roll. ))


    Jshock-GM: (( it’s just not your day… ))


    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq I assume? Or Jaana? ))


    Taliq: (( Sure, I’ll lay some smack down ))


    Taliq: (( Then when I fail, Jaana can finish
    up :P
    ))



    Vale: (( sorry about that, gang. ))





    Vale: (( all back ))





    Taliq: (( Will a maeuver give me a boost? ))


    Taliq: (( Can you aim in melee? ))


    Taliq: (( :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( no Problem; Vale covered the
    door ))



    Jshock-GM: (( yes you can; you wind up for
    the perfect shot ))





  • Taliq flips her gun around and lifts it in
    the air ready to bring it down on skull






  • Taliq: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Gun club check!
              
    Successes:  3  /  Threat: 2
    Taliq: (( Hmm…. ))
    Taliq: (( I guess that was untrained melee? I’m not sure if gun clubbing counts as brawl :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( well… Brawn 2, for 5 total… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( He free maneuvers to flip out of the combat ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana? ))
    Jaana Raeth: canI try snaeking up behind him for a boost? :P
    Taliq: (( Did Taliq bash him out of the melee? XD ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Sure, he’s probably not expecting you to stab him in the neck with a needle ))
    Jaana Raeth: should I roll for sneak, or just boost my ‘attack’ ?
    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll just give you a boost ))
    Jaana Raeth: difficulty?
    Jshock-GM: (( 2d ))
    Jaana Raeth: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a apply maekshift tranq check!
              
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 2
    Jshock-GM: (( Necks are obviously hard targets. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you want to give someone a boost? ))
    • Jaana Raeth treatenms him with a needle,
      weakening his resolve ( give him a setback?)



    Jshock-GM: (( sure ))


    Jshock-GM: (( Vale? ))


    Vale: (( Ummm ))


    Vale: (( Honestly RP wise it is safest for
    me to watch out and cover us ))



    Jshock-GM: (( hint: Blasters have stun
    settings ))



    Taliq: (( but do they have quiet settings? :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( well, no… ))


    Vale: (( oh right, I wans’t sure if they
    made a lot of noise, I know it’s like a wub wub yeah? anyways I’ll
    shoot! ))



    Taliq: (( Though at least the door is closed
    now ))



    Vale: (( ow quiet is the stun setting
    compared to the blaster? ))






    41-VEX: "OHHH!!! What in the maker…"
    Vale: (( OH! Can I run to the droid? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, sure ))
    Vale: "I need an inventory list for the master, quick, he needs everything listed imemdiately."
    Taliq: (( CALCULATE PI ))
    Jshock-GM: (( that sounds bluffy… the droid’s a droid, though… 1d ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Deceit vs 1d ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( it’s just othe job training for the guards… ))
    Vale: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a check!
            
    Successes:  3  /  Advantage: 1
    Triumph: 1
    Jshock-GM: (( woah! ))
    Vale: (( 0.0 ))
    Vale: (( I use the inventory list triumph to kill teemo, thend! ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( Vale somehow verbally reprograms the droid… :P ))
    Mathus: (( "MY DREAM JOB! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( any ideas on that triumph? ))
    Mathus: (( Vale’s voice reprograms droids. ))
    41-VEX: ’Absolutely, master!"
    Vale: (( ummm Can i jsut have him ‘incapacitated’ by listing the entire stock list of the hutt’s palace? If a) he has access to that info and b) I can use a triumph for that ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( well, everythign inventroy can be all droid records including some that incriminates Teemo to Jabba,, ))
    Vale: (( still unsure on how to use triumphs cuz they come up less often, I understand they are better advantages? ))
    the droid begins dutifully taking inventory, starting with the room he’s in…
    Vale: (( Oh yeah, listen to Jan :P ))
    Vale: (( workedbetterthanexpected.jpg ))
    41-VEX: "Hydrospanner:1. Check…"
    41-VEX: "Sonic welder: 1. Check…"
    Vale: (( XD ummmm ))
    Taliq: (( Good work vale XD ))
    Vale: ++i’ll stay and keep this droid occupied, make it quick guys!++
    Taliq: (( Every party needs a face :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( no need. ))
    Vale: (( literally the first thing I thought of out of character, so I went, damnit, first thing I thought of in character, no time to hesitate! ))
    Vale: (( ah right :P ))
    Vale: (( well I think that’s my turn ))
    Lowurra: (( other than monocled wookiee of course ))
    Vale: (( move there, and then the action to do…wahtever I did ))
    the albino pushes past Jaana, makes for the north door…
    Jshock-GM: (( he’s fumbling with the keypad ))
    Jshock-GM: (( next? ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( too bad I can’t OA him with a tranq needle :P ))
    • Mathus lets Lowurra charge him first.


    Taliq: (( Haha ))


    Jshock-GM: (( Looks Med to me. It’ll take
    strain to attack him. ))






    Lowurra: Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra takes 2 strain.
    Lowurra: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a 0 check!
                
    Successes:  3  /  No Advantage or Threat
    Scrawny thug 35: "Ohkriffohkriffohkriff…"
    Unknown command: "e*BIFF!*". Try /help for a list of commands.
    BIFF!
    Albino thug 60: Albino thug 60 is knocked out cold!
    • Lowurra slams the thug into the wall





    Taliq: "Mathus, grab his legs…"
    • Taliq picks up the scrawny thrug by the arms

  • Mathus grabs his legs.

  • Jaana Raeth modifies the ‘combat’ dosage to
    a level that will keep the guards out for a while…



  • Taliq: (( Assuming we’re out of
    initiative… Gonna hide this body amongst those crates… ))






    41-VEX: "Glow rods: 2. Check…"
    Jaana Raeth: (( and the droid makes it there doign the inventory – One scummy guard, unconscious – check ))
    41-VEX: "Emergency bacta injectors: 2. Check…"
    Vale: (( heh ))
    Mathus: (( "Unconscious guard contains 38 teeth, 2 kidneys…" ))
    Taliq: (( Well only 33 teeth now… ))
    Mathus: (( Point. ))
    41-VEX: "Repair patches: 2. Check…"
    Jaana Raeth: "Make thae zero, Vex. I need to requisition those injectors."
    Vale: ++Bacta injectors might be of use… anyways, this droid seems to be pretty intent on going through this inventory. He ight stumble on somehting useful, or we can jsut leave him to it++
    Vale: (( HIVEMIND ))
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX ALMOST sighs in protest.
    Mathus: +Leave him to it.+
    Mathus: (( Can I lock down the other Comm Hub door from here? ))
    • Taliq hides the other body as well





    41-VEX: "Binary load lifter, designation ‘bubbles’. Check…"
    Taliq: (( I got excited for a second thinking Bubbles was a mech XD ))
    Jaana Raeth: * while Math starts dalign with the Com Hub, Jaana will loko aroudn the workshop for any unsecured documents, records, etc that might incriminate Teemo…
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX /me flips a switch on the wall; a
      secret compartment slides open. Fog rols out…
    Taliq: (( Wait, what?! ))
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    41-VEX: "Prototype combat droids: 3. Check…"
    • Mathus blinks.





    Mathus: "Wait, did he say-"
    • Mathus looks back.

  • Vale goes to Janna while she is searching





  • Taliq: " – he did…"
    • Mathus goes over to the compartment he
      opened up.






    41-VEX: "Palace ion reactor. Check…"
    41-VEX: "Guard. Unconscious. Check…"
    Vale: "dont want to get the kid all riled up but we could ge tthaty loader and combat droids to start, I dunno rampaging…or…ion reactor…"
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX stops at Jaana
    Mathus: +Already pondering it, Vale.+
    41-VEX: "Scout. Designation. ‘Jaana’. Not on the list…"
    41-VEX: "Hmm, have to get back to that…"
    Taliq: "PSSST hey Mathus…"
    41-VEX: ’Fuel drums: 5. Check…"
    Mathus: "Yes?"
    • Mathus glances at Taliq.





    Taliq: "Shut down that droid, we remove his head and take it to Jabba… He’s all the evidence we need, Re: Teemo’s combat droids."
    • Taliq says EXTREMELY quietly





    Jaana Raeth: "Focus Mathus. Just get some holos of those for evidence. we need you to slice Teemo’s computers."
    Taliq: (( Or take some pictures, that works too I guess :P ))
    • Mathus was gonna do that, once Jshock told
      me what was in the compartment.



    you peer through the compartment; 3 droids, obviously based on old
    B1 chassis. They look like they’re in various states of completion.


  • Lowurra takes a polaroid


  • Mathus: (( AKA obviously Teemo trying to
    reconstruct combat droids. ))



    Taliq: (( A really high tech polaroid, only
    takes 20 seconds to develop :P
    ))






    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX shuffles through the door
    Vale: "Entire inventory…hmmm"
    Taliq: "Oh sh—- is he doing the entire PALACE?!"
    • Mathus groans.





    Mathus: "Probably."
    Vale: "I…didn’t think it would be THAT effective."
    • Mathus steps back, takes a couple pictures
      on his datapad of it, a few close & a few far; enough to pinpoint it to
      Teemo’s palace & make them hard to fake.






    Mathus: "Let’s go, we’ll deal with it later."
    Jshock-GM: (( no sweat Evidence collected :1 ))
    Mathus: (( Could Mathus do anything with the Ion Reactor? ))
    Lowurra: raaawr haawuuuuun (To be fair, that could be reasonably something asked of a droid
    Taliq: "I dunno, we may need more… I say we take a look around the Comm room
    Vale: "Yeah you’re right, Lowurra."
    • Mathus nods at Taliq.










  • Mathus goes up to the door, works on hacking
    it.






  • Taliq: "If things get busy, we can fall back to the landing pad…"
    Taliq: "And …. I dunno… jump off it or something?"
    Mathus: (( Speaking of which, does Mathus think there’d be a ship docked there? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( hmm… Are you doing a cursory search, Jaana? A few minutes of just looking? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you’d have to look, Mathus ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( I was assumign Mathus would be takign some time slicing into the Com Hub, so kinda thorough and systematic ))
    • Mathus assumes he can see security footage
      of the Landing Pad from the Com Hub.



    Jshock-GM: (( OK… 2d, will probably take
    15 mins without popping open crates or anything ))



    Jshock-GM: (( sure ))

  • Vale I want to go look to see if the ship is
    still there, or if it has taken off, before returning to where I have my
    icon placed



  • Mathus: (( Does Mathus have any trouble getting
    into the Comm Hub? ))






    Jaana Raeth: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a systematic searching check!
              
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 4
    Jaana Raeth: -.-
    Jshock-GM: (( no problems getting in, mathus. A thug is turned towards 41-VEX, asking him if he’s blown a circut or something… ))
    • Mathus nods towards the thug.





    Mathus: +Lowurra, help me shut him up?+
    Jshock-GM: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Vigilance check!
      
    Successes:  None  /  Advantage: 1
    • Lowurra nods and then tries to sneak up on
      the thug



    Jshock-GM: (( he doesn’t notice as the door
    slides open ))


  • Mathus tries to sneak up on him as well.


  • Mathus: (( A wookie & tech tiptoe behind a thug.
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( OK. Stealth vs his 1d ))





    Lowurra: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Stealth check!
            
    Successes:  1  /  Advantage: 2
    Vale: ++This door here is the slave entrance right? If we get mathus to make a makeshift explosive, we could just sneak in through this way and take the hutt out quick and easy."
    Vale: ++
    Mathus: (( Mind if I upgrade that? ))
    Lowurra has no problems sneaking up on the thug…;
    Taliq: (( NINJA WOOKIEE ))
    Vale: "I mean, if we can’t find the evidence for the toher hutt , and just want to taker the shot at Teemo
    Lowurra: (( gets ready to choke hold ))
    • Mathus will spend a Destiny point to upgrade
      his Stealth check.



    Jshock-GM: (( let’s see Mathus’s roll, then
    Init for both of you 9cool ))






    Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Stealth check!
          
    Successes:  1  /  Threat: 1
    Triumph: 1
    Mathus: (( Actually, with that Triumph, you mind if we just auto-KO him with a wrench? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Actually, no. Free attack for Mathus. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I’m OK with that. ))
    Taliq: (( If there’s only one guy in there… nice one! ))
    Engrossed thug: Engrossed thug is knocked out cold!
    Taliq: (( Well that works XD ))
    Mathus: (( Or better yet. ))
    • Mathus wraps his hands around his throat,
      activates the shock gloves.






    Mathus: BZZZT
    Mathus: "Okay…"
    41-VEX: "I just inventoried him… oh dear, oh dear…"
    Jshock-GM: (( Vale, what were you doing again? ))
    Taliq: "Falling asleep on the job? Its hard to get good help these days…"
    Wipe to Vale…
    • Mathus starts accessing the computer.





    Vale: (( sorry I was keeping an eye out. ))


    Jshock-GM: (( Also, where’s Jaana in all
    this? ))






    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Vale: (( quite boring I know, but I’m just covering us. ))
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    • Jaana Raeth is moving about the workshop,
      following the mission goal of locating incriminating information (no
      sccuess, 4 adv on the check)…



    Jshock-GM: (( Vale, give me a Perception as
    you stand by the door there; 3d. ))






    Vale: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a PERCEPTEEEE check!
          
    Successes:  3  /  Advantage: 1
    Jshock-GM: (( 3d ))
    Vale: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a check!
          
    Successes:  None  /  Threat: 3
    Vale: oops
    Vale: sorry
    Mathus: (( 3 successes, 2 threat total. ))
    Taliq: (( 1 success 2 threat ))
    Mathus: (( Whoops, my bad. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 1s2th. Down that hall, off in the distance, you occasionally hear a jatz band play and the throaty, sluglike laughter of a Hutt. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Also, you hear a door open and footsteps walking towards you… ))
    Wipe to the Com room
    Vale: ++sounds like there’s a hutt down there. Might have contact.++
    Vale: (( can I slip behind a crate? ))
    Jaana Raeth: (( no prob.. Vale’s the new guard no-ones met yet… ))
    Vale: (( or that! ))
    Vale: (( really not in the ball :P ))
    Jshock-GM: MAthus, your back door is still intact. You don’t have root, but you can explore the system
    Lowurra: rrraaawr (Hurry it up)
    • Taliq clicks on keys and turns knobs and
      slides… slidey things



    Taliq: (( Slicing a terminal for the good
    stuff! ))






    Vale: ++scatter yourselves, be ready to ambush, maybe?++
    Mathus: +Right, gimme some time…+
    • Mathus does so, looking for more evidence of
      Teemo skimming tributes to Jabba & making combat droids.


  • Jaana Raeth takes cover at Vale’s word





  • Jaana Raeth: = The rest are in the com hub =
    Taliq: ++ Let us know if things are getting hairy, and we’ll send in the wookiee cavalry ++
    • Vale points gun at entrace way, and waits in
      silence, out of view.



    Jshock-GM: (( OK. Give me Computers, 3d. ))


    Mathus: (( Spending another Destiny on this. ))





    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Taliq: (( Want me to make one too? Or should I leave it to the expert? :P ))
    Mathus: (( You can assist. What do I get for an assist again? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you can help; add a boost, Mathus ))
    • Taliq assists





    Mathus: <!—input(“.|”+dbArgs+"|args|LABEL|SPAN=TRUE")—> makes a Computers check!
                    
    Successes:  5  /  Advantage: 2
    • Taliq presses the ON button for Mathus


    Taliq: (( YEAAAAAAH MATHUS!!! ))


    Jshock-GM: (( OK – the slug’s passwords are
    laid bare. you already see obvious entries in his books that look like
    he’s skimming ryll shipments intended for Jaaba ))



    Jshock-GM: (( also… a set of encrypted
    files that look like they have to do with droid weapons development… ))



    wipe to Vale


    Jshock-GM: (( Vale, those footsteps are
    getting closer ))



    Vale: (( sheeeeeeeeeee ))


    Jshock-GM: (( you doing anything? What’s the
    plan? ))



    Vale: (( Basically I’m out of view, and the
    moment someone steps through the door I want to be all "Drop your
    weapons etc" ))



    Jshock-GM: (( OK. You warning Jaana? She in
    on this? ))



    Jaana Raeth: (( he warned, I hid/took cover ))


    Vale: (( right now if I have the layout
    correcty, anyone walking through the door can’t see anyything and yes ))






    Vale: ++jaana, I’m getting the drop, cover me?"
    Taliq: (( Jaana is hiding behind bubbles ))
    Jshock-GM: (( whaqt did you do with the guards? ))
    Vale: Just stay down though
    Taliq: (( Stashed them amongst those crates ))
    Vale: (( good question, those guards, what did you guys do with them? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( OK. ))
    Mathus: (( I think Jaana & Taliq hid their bodies. ))
    Jshock-GM: </td> </tr> </table> </div> <div> <i><b>eventually, a lithe humanoid covered in battered armor walks through the door. A coiled chain – weapon hangs from his hip. he scans the room, looking with confused eyes through his helmet.</b></i> </div> <div>
    • <font color=">Xie is disconnected.

    Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 12

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Xie

    I'm sorry, but we no longer support this web browser. Please upgrade your browser or install Chrome or Firefox to enjoy the full functionality of this site.