Escape from Mos Shuuta - Session 3

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Tygaran has connected.
Xie has connected.
Xie: Hello!
Tygaran: evening
Jshock-GM: Sorry, was doing an edit there
Jshock-GM: WTF??? Forums got spambot’d
Jshock-GM: Gaah, look at the user list now…
Xie: Yeah lol
Xie: I guess we should make people require authorisation
Xie: Or make it manually added only
Jshock-GM: I’m sort of surprised, you’d think a forum with 5 users would be under the radar
Xie: You’d think that
Xie: But apparently NOWHERE IS SAFE
Jshock-GM: BAleeted all that
Jshock-GM: Woohoo, Tstorm
Xie: I’ll go with Point Blank and Quick Draw, btw _
Jshock-GM: Sure
Xie: You convinced me
Xie: OMG it’s a Word Bird!
Jshock-GM: Huh?
Xie: (What’s the name of the ship?)
Jshock-GM: the Krayt Fang
Xie: Oh OK. Not a Word Bird then
Xie: (Millenium Falcon, Ebon Hawk… )
Jshock-GM: Ah, you ever noticed that SW names are mostly 3 syllables total?
Jshock-GM: If’s they’re more than that, you’re somebody.
Xie: lol
Xie: Captain Trex: "I did… did Vorn send you? Jaana Raeth: "From a certain point of view…"
Xie: HAHAHAHAHA
Jshock-GM: Tyg, you know what Drekkan was up to? Should we wait, you think?
Xie: So we beat up Captain T-Rex and stole the ship?
Jshock-GM: I’ll recap once we get going
Tygaran: *shrug * He’s a new lawyer and is often trapped in work assigments
Xie: Just skimming the log
Xie: Yeah, laywering is tough
Mathus:
Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
Heavy Blaster Pistol R (Lt) Med 7
• You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
Tygaran: ^ gotta sneak in SW quotes at some poit, Xie
Xie: Every chance you can
JeffG has connected.
Mathus:
Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
Heavy Blaster Pistol R (Lt) Med 7
• You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
Mathus:
Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
Shock Gloves Brawl Engaged 3
• You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
• Inflict 3 (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
Mathus: Inflict 3 Strain (ignoring Soak) that should be.
Mathus:
Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
Shock Gloves Brawl Engaged 3
• You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
• Inflict 3 strain (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
Mathus: I should probably upgrade to a Ranged-Hvy sometime.
Jshock-GM: Alright; I’ll give Drekkan 15 mins, then we’ll get started
Mathus: Since I have no ranks in either…
Mathus: K.
Mathus: Hey Tyg, how’s the workload this week?
Mathus: Dying down, or revving up with last tax prep?
  • Mathus bought Rank 2 of Computers with his
    10 xp.






Mathus:
Gear, Equipment and Other Items
Stimpacks (2) Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid. Consumed on use.
Emergency Repair Kit (1) Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a droid. Consumed on use.
Tool Kit Allows you to repair mechanical devices and ‘heal’ droids with the Mechanics skill.
Comlink Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.
Datapad Handheld computer; access other computer systems.
Reinforced overalls Soak 1 (already included in soak value).
Mathus: BTW J, what’s Resilience used for?
  • Jshock-GM returns from the gummi bear hunt
    successfully, holding his prey in his hands









Tygaran:

I work 8 am to 4 pm tomorrow (ick), 9
– 6 friday, akk saturday, and 5 to 9 sunday










Jshock-GM:

Looks like resisting poisons, sleep,
elemental exposure, etc JeffMike







Mathus: Hmm, so you’re working Sunday evening, but not Saturday?
Tygaran: ^ all saturday – 9 to 5
Mathus: Ah, ouch.
Tygaran: err.. that’s wrong… umm…
Tygaran: 1 to 9 – extedned hours for the office
Jshock-GM: No Astral Star, then
Mathus: Nah, Sunday is 5-9. We may need to stop Astral Star a tad early, but he’ll make it.
Jshock-GM: Oh, misread
Jshock-GM: 1-9 sat
Tygaran: yeah – we’ve been gogi njust to 3-4 anyway
Jshock-GM: Welp; everyone rady to get started?
Mathus: I am.
Xie: Ready when you are _
Jshock-GM: Tyg?
Tygaran: here
Tygaran: ready
Jshock-GM: OK. Everyone roll a force die for destiny, then I’ll recap.
Jshock-GM: makes a the wookiee’s die check!
  
Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark Side: 1
Tygaran: makes a check!
  
Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 2 / Dark Side: 0
  • Jaana Raeth experiences good karma





Jaana Raeth: makes a check!
  
Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark Side: 2
Jaana Raeth: ^ low
Mathus: makes a check!
  
Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 1 / Dark Side: 0
Jaana Raeth: the wookie cancels it
Xie: makes a check!
  
Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 2 / Dark Side: 0
Jshock-GM: Why don’t we just go with your first roll, tyg…
The Force:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Force:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Force:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
INCREASE THE FORCE
Jaana Raeth: ^ I didn’t notice YOU rollwed for the woooie, so I was… by nvm
The Dark Side:
INCREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
The Dark Side:
DECREASE THE FORCE
Mathus: So 4 and 1.
Mathus: Er, 5 and 1.
Jshock-GM: yyyyes.
Jshock-GM:

SESSION RECAP





Our intrepid heroes – JAANA, LOWURRA, MATHUS, and TALIQ
– continue their escape from TEEMO THE HUTT. After
stealing the HMRI they sought refuge in an abandoned
warehouse and hatched a plan; perhaps TREX, captain of the
KRAYT FANG, would be willing to negotiate for passage?





He was not. After a brief skirmish, Trex was defeated
and left for dead in the control room of LANDING BAY
AUREK. Determining that the controls for the landing bay’s
tractor beam could only be accessed from Mos Shuuta’a
spaceport control facility, our protagonists have made
their way there in an attemt to sneak their way inside…

Taliq: (( That’s quite a shift in the force _ ))
Jshock-GM: Actually – that was the plan, right?
Mathus: Yeah.
Taliq: (( So we’re going for sabotage? ))
Mathus: (( Hmm, do I think they know our identities from our theft earlier? ))
Mathus: (( By sabotage, you mean ‘hack-into-it-and-shut-it-down’? ))
Taliq: (( lol, I guess, yeah ))
Jshock-GM: Hmmm…. streetwise to know how fast word gets around? IDK, whaty feels right to you guys?
Mathus: makes a Streetwise check!
      
Successes: 1 / Advantage: 2
Light Side: 2 / Dark Side: 0
Jshock-GM: Uh, you’re going to reroll that. Hold until I mention a difficulty, sparky.
Taliq: (( lol ))
Taliq: (( can I assist? ))
Jshock-GM: Sure
Jshock-GM: What’s your street wise?
Taliq: (( Oh wait, I suck at streetwise, nvm ))
Taliq:
Jshock-GM: Give me a sec; I might have to make up some assist rules
Mathus: Give me a difficulty first?
Jshock-GM: We’ll get to you in a sec
Taliq: (( Nah forget about it, I remember it was a career skill, but I have no ranks so ))
Jshock-GM: OK, here’s what we’re doing. Taliq, make a roll, 2d diff. You succeed, add a boost to MAthus’s pool.
Jshock-GM: MAthus, your pool is going to be 3d diff (mainly because it’s harde to equate
Taliq: OK
Taliq: makes a Streetwise Assist check!
        
Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
Mathus: makes a Streetwise check!
          
Successes: None / Threat: 1
  • Taliq Follows Mathus around scowling








Jshock-GM:

No help from the lekku’d wonder.



Taliq: (( About what I expected XD ))


Mathus: (( Oof. ))








Jshock-GM:

You guys put your collective heads
together, come up with nothing solid.



  • Mathus frowns, sets his new heavy blaster on
    Stun.



  • Taliq: (( Fine, let’s go beat someone up
    instead. ))



    Taliq: (( Stick with what you’re good at
    ))






    Mathus: "So, uh… what good excuses do we have for visiting the control center?"
    Taliq: "Could we pass as a repair crew?"
    Lowurra: GROWW RRRARGH UHURR (I thought we were bounty hunters or something…)
    Jaana Raeth: "I’ve been syaing, we convinve them Tek sold us the ship and it’s good to go now."
    Taliq: "So long as I don’t have to do the talking."
    GM:
    • GM is testing chat output, ignore me
    • Taliq frowns

  • Mathus ponders.





  • Jaana Raeth: "What? Can’t you inpit a change code for ownership in the spaveport computer’s Mathus?"
    • Mathus ponders.





    Mathus: "I… might be able to do it, if I get a hardwire access."
    Taliq: "Forge ownership? That might work.
    Jshock-GM: Mechanics roll, Mathus! 1 diff, common knowledge for the shady
    Mathus: makes a Mechanics check!
              
    Successes: 3 / Advantage: 2
    Jaana Raeth: "There were terminals where we dropped rek, right?"
    Jshock-GM: …or you could spoof the ship’s transponder, if Trex hasn’t done it already! Common smuggler’s trick
    Taliq: (( That’s a neat trick! ))
    Mathus: What would spoofing the ship’s transponder do?
    • Mathus hmms.








    Jshock-GM:

    It’s like using a fake license plate #









    Jshock-GM:

    You’re telling the outside world
    you’re another ship







    Mathus: Ah. And how would that help us get this tractor beam off?
    Jshock-GM: Oh, it wouldn’t
    Taliq: (( I think sabotaging the tractor beam would make them suspisious about our transponder ))
    Taliq: (( But we could try both ))
    Jshock-GM: Although what Jaana is talking about would technically work… for this spaceport.
    Jshock-GM: Jaana and Mathus, Knowledge 1d diff from both of you.
    Mathus: makes a Knowledge check!
              
    Successes: None / Advantage: 4
    Jaana Raeth: makes a Knowing something check!
              
    Successes: 1 / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 2 / Dark Side: 0
    Jaana Raeth: oops.. forgot to clear force
    Taliq: lol
    Jshock-GM: Jaana, you remember something… the central repository for spacecraft (the DMV, essentially) is on coruscant. Changing that record is probably not going to happen.
    Jshock-GM: Tightest computer filing system in the galaxy.
    Mathus: So basically we need to disable the tractor beam first, then once we escape we change the transponder, correct?
    Jshock-GM: That would probably be best.
    Mathus: And to disable the tractor beam, I just need to find a computer outlet to plug into the network from, right?
    Jshock-GM: right.
    Mathus: So what’s the least suspicious way to access one in the control center?
    Jshock-GM: That’s up to you guys…
    Taliq: (( Repair crew! ))
    • Jaana Raeth listens to Malthus explanation
      of a plan ethen…






    Jaana Raeth: "Can you do anything with Trek’s droids
    Jaana Raeth: ?"
    Jshock-GM: Hmm…
    Mathus: "I could. How would that help us?"
    Taliq: (( Could I climb onto the roof and lower down an ethernet cable for him? ))
    Jshock-GM: Like mission impossible?
    Taliq: (( Yeah XD ))
    Jshock-GM: PCs, I swear…
    Taliq: (( ROFL ))
    Taliq: (( Just trying to think outside the building ))
    Mathus: (( Another idea would be to act like we’re checking out a ship’s records, then use that excuse to access the networks and disable the tractor beam. ))
    Jaana Raeth: "How should I know? reprogam them to just walk in like they belon gthere and flip the switch… cause a distubance on the opposied side.. something."
    Jaana Raeth: "You’re the techie
    Taliq: "A distraction could be useful…"
    Jshock-GM: I would say you could repair ONE droid, Computers while you are doing so to get it friendly.
    Taliq: (( Can I assist with the computer part? ))
    Jshock-GM: Yes – give me a sec, I’m looking up difficulties
    Mathus: "Ah, taking a droid in for inspection and repairs? We could try that."
    • Mathus smirks a bit.





    Mathus: "Actually, why don’t I program it to be a bit more… zealous in making sure nothing disturbs the hangar. That’d be a good reason to fix it."
    Jshock-GM: OK. REpairing: 2d (I’d make it 3, but I’m not sure how far down these things got).
    Jshock-GM: Taliq: Computers, 2d, same as before for the assist.
    Taliq: OK
    Jshock-GM: MAthus: 3d Computers to friendly it.
    Taliq: makes a Programming Assist check!
            
    Successes: 2 / Threat: 2
    Taliq: (( Uh oh… Threat is bad, right? ))
    Jshock-GM: No
    Jshock-GM: I have nothing to spend it on
    Taliq: (( Oh right, it’s bad guy advantage _ ))
    Jshock-GM: Mathus, I’m spending my DSP to upgrade your computers difficulty
    Mathus: Okay, so I get a Boost… guys, mind if I spend some Force on this, too?
    Jshock-GM: I wanna see a droid go berserk
    Taliq: (( OOh me too XD ))
    Jshock-GM: So that’ll actually be 2diff, 1 chall
    Mathus: 1 boost from the assist, right?
    The Dark Side:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    The Force:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Jshock-GM: yes
    Mathus: And you guys mind if I spend 1 Force to make sure this goes off without a hitch?
    Taliq: (( Sure ))
    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Mathus: Alright, spending a Light Force.
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Mathus: makes a Computers check!
                    
    Successes: 2 / Advantage: 1
    Jshock-GM: OK, still have to repair it
    Mathus: Which is a Mechanics 2D roll?
    Jshock-GM: yes
    Taliq: (( Aw, no rampaging droid XD ))
    Mathus: makes a Mechanics check!
                
    Successes: 5 / Threat: 2
    Jshock-GM: Blammo.
    Jshock-GM: After @ 15 mins, the droid boots.
    java.lang.ArithmeticException: Division undefined error executing expression bar.Strain = CurrStrain / MaxStrain .
    Droid guard 42: Droid guard 42 recovers.
    Droid guard 42: AWAITING ORDERS
    • Taliq nods supportively to Mathus


    java.lang.ArithmeticException: Division undefined error executing
    expression bar.Strain = CurrStrain / MaxStrain .





    Mathus: "We need you to come with us and tell everyone you meet not to disturb Trex. Enthusiastically."
    Droid guard 42:
    • Droid guard 42 tilts its head at
      "enthusiastically"
    Mathus: "…Ignore the enthusiastically part."
    Taliq: (( "roger roger"? ))
    • Mathus looks at the others.





    Droid guard 42: ROGER-R-R
    Mathus: "That will be weird enough to justify taking it in for diagnosis and repairs."
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    Mathus: "If anyone asks, we’ll say it was wandering through town demanding people not disturb Trex. Sound good?"
    • Taliq shrugs "Works for me"








    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you guys just going to head up
    there?







    Mathus: "Also, Droid, set weapons to stun, self-defense only."
    Taliq: (( Yeah, it’s not an air-tight plan, but it’s the best we got! ))
    Droid guard 42:
    • Droid guard 42 nods
    Mathus: (( Yep, sounds good. ))
    Mathus: (( Well, as good as we can get it. ))
    Jshock-GM: OK, I’m going to move tokens
    Jshock-GM: Oh, wait – strain recovery / healing?
    Lowurra: Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra is healed and gains back 2 strain.
    • Mathus will use Medicine to try and patch up
      the wookie.









    Jshock-GM:

    Jaana, you took med, right? Might want
    to do that to Mathus










    Jshock-GM:

    You can Med 1 person an encounter
    (yourself or someone else










    Jshock-GM:

    That goes for everyone






    Mathus: What’s the difficulty for healing the wookie w/o a medkit?
    Jshock-GM: He’s above half, so 1 diff; no tools means a setback die
    Jaana Raeth: makes a medicine check!
          
    Successes: 1 / Advantage: 2
    Mathus: makes a Medicine check!
                
    Successes: 4 / Threat: 1
    Jshock-GM: Jaana, roll me a single setback
    Jaana Raeth: makes a check!
      
    Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
    Jshock-GM: You have no medkit, but it doesn’t matter.
    Jshock-GM: Mathus gets one… street living has done the mechanic good, so the wookiee gets 4…
    Lowurra: Lowurra is healed and gains back 4 wounds.
    Lowurra takes 0 strain.
    Lowurra: GRAUUU RAAG WUUURRRR (Thanks, buddy!)
    Lowurra:
    • Lowurra tries to do Jaana some good
    Jshock-GM: makes a Healing Jaana check!
          
    Successes: None / Advantage: 2
    Jshock-GM: Wookiee paws were not made for this.
    Jshock-GM: TAliq, you want to try to heal Jaana?
    Taliq: (( Uh… OK ))
    Taliq: makes a check!
        
    Successes: 1 / No Advantage or Threat
    Jshock-GM: Oh, you forgot to roll diff like I did. 1d
    Jshock-GM: Also, 1 setback
    Taliq: (( LOL I thought I ddi unusually well ))
    Taliq: makes a check!
            
    Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
    Taliq: (( No successes! That’s more like it XD ))
    Jshock-GM: Well, she’s tough, she can take it
    Jshock-GM: Alright, moving tokens
    Jshock-GM: Alright, big adobe style building. A pair of droids are standing attention; they don’t seem to pay you any notice.
    Jshock-GM: I’m assuming you guys are actually farther back, scoping it out.
    • Taliq checks out the building from a distance


    Taliq: (( Their droids look a lot like
    ours…
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Any errors popping up? I’ve got VBL



    Taliq: (( WOrking fine _ ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Same model; perhaps someone has an
    emporioum?




    Taliq: (( Makes total sense _ ))


    You whisper to JeffG: you know;
    someone has an emporium.



    Taliq: (( Buy in bulk at discount, re-sell
    with markup… ))



    Mathus whispers: Heh.


    You whisper to JeffG: these
    things are everywhere.


  • Jaana Raeth heads to the entrance like she
    has legitimate business there-in…


  • Mathus does as well, escorting the droid.

  • Taliq whispers to the others, "If things go
    wrong, we go to plan B…"






  • Droid guard 34: PLEASE STATE YOUR BUSINESS
    • Taliq stands inconspicuously to the side


    Taliq: (( Tell them we’re taking the
    prisoners to Coruscant… ))









    Jshock-GM:

    the rest of you guys going too?






    Jaana Raeth: "I need to talk to someone about getting the beams liftem from anchoring a ship. The repairs have been compelted."
    Jshock-GM: OK. Deciet vs its discipline (1 challenge). Anyone want to add anything? Supporting arguments?
    Taliq: (( Um yeah… ))
    Mathus: (( …Er, I thought we were going with ‘we need to check out & repair this droid’. ))
    Jaana Raeth: makes a Half-Truthful con check!
            
    Successes: 1 / Advantage: 1
    Taliq: "We’re in a bit of a hurry, now that the repairs are done.."
    Droid guard 34: YOU MAY PASS
    Taliq: makes a Half-lie check!
          
    Successes: 1 / No Advantage or Threat
    Jshock-GM: TAliq would have added a boost to Jaana’s roll, but meh
    Jshock-GM: They bought it
    Taliq: (( Better late than never! :3 ))
    Taliq: (( I’ll be quicker next time ))
    Jshock-GM: There’s a secretary’s desk, but no secretary. Typing and compuery whirrs from down the halls.
    • Taliq slips over to the cooridoor to check
      it out



    Taliq: (( just want to lean around the
    corner non-suspiciously XD ))


  • Mathus looks around for security cameras…
    or the secretary.


  • Jaana Raeth looks for a bell to summon the
    secretaty with…



  • Taliq: (( I have vision on them, but I don’t
    think I should
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you take a peek. There’s a
    gigantic room, with a pair of giant consoles facing a windowed
    wall facing out to the desert. You can see some sort of big moving
    hologram of the surroundings.



  • Mathus glances at Jaana.





  • Overseer Brynn:
    • Overseer Brynn is circling the hologram,
      talking into her earpiece
    Mathus: "Don’t yet. I might be able to connect from here…"
    Mathus: (( Any security cameras or other surveillance? Or sign of the secretary? ))
    Jshock-GM: Hmm, Perception
    Jshock-GM: Say 3d
    Mathus: makes a Perception check!
              
    Successes: 3 / Threat: 6
    Jshock-GM: No obvious cameras. Also, you don’t think they’ve had a secretary in a while.
    Mathus: Dust on the chair?
    Jshock-GM: Or a cleaner.
    Jshock-GM: Yes, a bit dusty
    Mathus: (( Can the droids outside see us? ))
    Taliq: (( lol, is there a computer terminal at the desk? ))
    Jshock-GM: There’s some sort of intercom, but no real computer
    Mathus: Is there a jack I can plug into here?
    Human Admin 2: "Whoever just came in… you can come down the halls, we’re rather busy in here…"
    Jshock-GM: No jack
    Taliq: (( Can I make a Vigilance check to keep an eye out for danger? ))
    Jshock-GM: Voice came from the intercom
    Taliq: (( Oh lol, we should probably just go in XD ))
    • Mathus frowns, then starts walking inside.

  • Taliq makes an "After you" gesture to Janna


  • Taliq: (( *Jaana ))








    Jshock-GM:

    you guys waking down the hall?






    Mathus: Yep.
    Overseer Brynn:
    • Overseer Brynn notes you walking in; holds up
      a finger, wants you to hold on a sec
    Jaana Raeth: "KNock.. knock…" * wraps on a wall
    Overseer Brynn: "Yes, Lieuteneant… Yes. We will fully comply with your stormtroopers. They’ll have no problems from administration."
    Overseer Brynn: "Yes. They may come in if they wish. I will meet with you later. Yes."
    Taliq: (( Oh no, not Imperial entanglements! ))
    Overseer Brynn: stops talking into her earpiece
    Overseer Brynn: "My apologies. Can I help you with something?"
    Jaana Raeth: "Yeah, could you lif the beam on the (insert ship name – Krayt Fang was it)? I’ts all fixed up."
    Taliq: (( Yeah Krayt Fang XD ))
    Overseer Brynn:
    • Overseer Brynn looks confused
    Overseer Brynn: "Did Captain Trex gain crew recently?"
    Taliq: "Yes"
    Jaana Raeth: "What do we look like?"
    • Taliq grunts, and mutters "Pen pushers…"


    Taliq: (( I’m helping! :3 ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Deciept, TAliq; vs Brynns Discipline
    (1 diff, 1 chall). Add 1 boost from Jaana







    Taliq: makes a BS check!
            
    Successes: 1 / Threat: 3
    Jshock-GM: Oh, how to spend that threat…
    Taliq: (( Hey, no despair. I call that a win ))
    Jshock-GM: Yeah. Taliq, suffer 1 strain. Next action suffers a setback (she’s not fully buying it).
    Overseer Brynn: "Well, he does owe some back fees for the bay… 1000 credits. He’ll have to pay first."
    Jaana Raeth: "Well, we’re as much paying clients as crew. The extra wrok helps ofset some of the fees. Reguardless, the ship is fixwed."
    • Taliq ’s eye twitches, and a bead of sweat
      falls down her cheek






    Taliq: Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq takes 1 strain.
    • Jaana Raeth ries to discern if the overseers
      is asking for a bride, liying about the fees, or etc…






    Jaana Raeth: ^ bride>?lol… bribe
    Taliq: (( She can’t be asking for a bribe, there is no homo in the Star Wars universe ))
    Taliq: (( LOL *bride ))
    Jshock-GM: OK, call it Perception vs 3d (her Negotiate). And 1 setback.
    Jaana Raeth: makes a To bribe or not to bribe… check!
                  
    Successes: 3 / Threat: 2
    Taliq: (( Let’s actually pay the money this time though… we don’t hve to beat EVERYONE up XD ))
    Jshock-GM: You think he might owe something… but she might have inflated that number a bit, too.
    Taliq: (( How much do we have again? 800? ))
    Mathus: (( 400 credits each, I believe. ))
    Jshock-GM: Negotiate if you want to talk her down, but another setback.
    Jshock-GM: 3d
    Jaana Raeth: "Seriouslu? 1000? I somehow doubt expenses in this dust bowl ar that high." (anyone have negotiate?)
    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHAHA no ))
    Mathus: (( I don’t. ))
    Jaana Raeth: (presence of 2, untrained.. someone else will have to try)
    Jshock-GM: You could spend some destiny…
    Taliq: (( Fine ))
    Jshock-GM: 5 points, not getting used…
    Mathus: "You would be surprised."
    • Mathus is already counting out credits.





    Overseer Brynn: "expenses, honey."
    Mathus: (( So… 250 credits from each of us to cover the expenses? ))
    Taliq: (( I’ll try a negotiate, for funsies ))
    Taliq: (( 3d and one setback? ))
    • Jaana Raeth supposes a ‘free’ chip is worth
      thr los of liquid currency and passes over her chare









    Jshock-GM:

    yes



    Taliq: (( WHAT COULD GO WRONG?! XD ))





    Jaana Raeth: ^ free ship
    Overseer Brynn:
    • Overseer Brynn taps her foot impatiently
    Taliq: (( Um, should I do a force point? ))
    • Mathus passes along 250 credits himself.


    Mathus: (( Don’t worry about it. We’re just
    paying. ))



    Taliq: ((
    ))






    Overseer Brynn: "Thank you for your patronage…"
    Taliq: (( You ruin all of my fun ))
    Taliq: (( Was totally going to roll another despair, you all know it XD ))
    Overseer Brynn:
    • Overseer Brynn counts the creds, then punches
      a code into a terminal
    • Taliq grunts





    Overseer Brynn: "She’s unlocked. You guys have fun, doing whatever mercenaries do…"
    Taliq: "And you have fun with the Empire…"
    • Taliq snears and walks off





    Overseer Brynn:
    • Overseer Brynn is already past this
      conversation.
    • Jaana Raeth heads out


    Taliq: (( lol, she’s awesome ))

  • Mathus quickly leaves.

  • Mathus breathes a sigh of relief.





  • Mathus: "Let’s get out of here…"
    Taliq: "I’ll die happy if I never have to see this sandpit again…"
    Jshock-GM: OK. Moving tokens…
    Taliq: (( Should totally take a point in Negotiation at some point lol ))
    Jshock-GM: As you guys are walking up to the landing bay, you see a group of stormtroopers; they’re poking the disabled droids, talking to each other. They don’t seem to have seen you yet.
    Taliq: (( UH OH ))
    • Taliq wonders if they are the droids they’re
      looking for…









    Jshock-GM:

    Watcha doin’?


  • Taliq walks nonchallantly towards the ship

  • Mathus does so as well.








  • Jshock-GM:

    This should be rich…



    Taliq: (( XD ))








    Jshock-GM:

    The troopers notice you









    Jshock-GM:

    That droid is still folling you, btw






    Taliq: "Is there a problem Trooper?"
    Taliq: (( OH HHAHAHAHHAHAHA ))
    Trooper Sergeant 49: "We had reports of a disturbance here… these your droids?"
    Taliq: "Pardon me. Is there a problem ‘Seargent’?"
    Taliq: "Hard to find good droids these days… They keep breaking down…"
    Trooper Sergeant 49: "What about that droid? Is that yours?"
    • Mathus glances at the droid.








    Jaana Raeth:

    "It’s the captain’s."






    Taliq: "Yeah, belongs to the Captain. Our mechanic repaired it."
    Taliq: (( ALL TRUE XD ))
    Trooper Sergeant 49: "Would that be a ‘Trex’? We found him bound up in the control room…"
    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHAHAA ))
    Jaana Raeth: "Oh dear.. vandals?"
    • Taliq looks shocked

  • Mathus bites his tongue.





  • Taliq: "I hope he’s alright… he’s my next paycheck, afterall…"
    Taliq: (( THAT is a lie ))
    Jshock-GM: Yeah, let’s see some deciept, Taliq. His Vigilance is 3d
    Taliq: (( :3 ))
    Taliq: (( Do I still ahve a setback from the alst scene? ))
    Jshock-GM: I’ll DSP to bump it
    Jshock-GM: 2d, 1 chall
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    The Dark Side:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Taliq: (( You just want another despair XD ))
    The Dark Side:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Jshock-GM: At least I’m honest
    The Force:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Taliq: makes a check!
                
    Successes: None / Threat: 2
    Triumph: 1/Despair: 1
    Taliq: (( BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ))
    • Jaana Raeth facepalms








    Jshock-GM:

    well


  • Taliq grins cheekily, finding it hard to
    even believe her own lies









  • Jshock-GM:

    Let me look this up; they don’t cancel
    out…




    Taliq: (( Oh, I assumed the triumph wouldn’t
    do anything with no successes… But if it does something awesome XD ))









    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll upgrade their next check, add a
    setback to your next check




    Taliq: (( OK ))








    Jshock-GM:

    You can spend that triumph for a free
    upgrade to your next check, that’s the biggie




    Taliq: (( Hmm… can I do something cool
    like… shoot the ground to stir up sand to create a concealing cloud? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    As to how this plays out…









    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, alright



    Taliq: (( Maybe the others can slip by at
    least? :/ ))









    Jshock-GM:

    If youre pulling blasters, I’ll init
    then










    Jshock-GM:

    Cool everyone (I think we all saw this
    coming




    Taliq: (( Well I am… Don’t want to "speak
    for anyone else" BWHAHA ))



    Taliq: (( Sorry, how does init go again? Is
    it Cool? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    yes. Add 1 setback to your roll, TAliq



    Mathus: (( Cool for you, Vigilance for the rest
    of us, I think. ))









    Jshock-GM:

    No, cool for everyone









    Jshock-GM:

    No one is really surprised






    Taliq: makes a Too cool for school check!
            
    Successes: 1 / Advantage: 3
    Mathus: makes a Cool check!
        
    Successes: None / Advantage: 4
    Taliq: (( Hahaha, no. No-one is surprised in or out of character ))
    Jshock-GM: makes a Stormtrooper init check!
      
    Successes: None / Advantage: 1
    Jaana Raeth: makes a colness check!
        
    Successes: 3 / Advantage: 1
    Jshock-GM: makes a Droid Guard check!
      
    Successes: 2 / No Advantage or Threat
    Jshock-GM: Want me to rool for Lowurra?
    Mathus: Yeah.
    Jshock-GM: makes a Lowurra check!
        
    Successes: None / Advantage: 2
    Taliq: (( … sorry guys… I should never do the talking XD ))
    Mathus: (( I don’t think any of us should. ))
    Jshock-GM: That’s everyone, right?
    Taliq: (( I note that none of us have Negotiate as a career skill XD ))
    Taliq: (( Someone should’ve played that smuggler :3 ))
    Taliq: (( Maybe I will after this character dies in about a minute XD ))
    Jshock-GM: I see Jaana, your droid, Taliq, Mathus, Lowurra, the troopers.
    Jshock-GM: Who’s first?
    Taliq: (( Did I do the sandstorm thing before combat, or should I do it now? ))
    Jaana Raeth: taliq… she’s insitgating
    Mathus: Taliq, I’d say.
    Jshock-GM: Taliq and the troopers are in the dust… 1 setback to shooting either one
    Taliq: (( Cool. Draw and pew-pew? ))
    Jshock-GM: It looks like it’s going to disperse next round
    Jshock-GM: Fine; you’re engaged with them. 3d diff, you’re using a rifle.
    Taliq: (( That’s OK, it’s only there to let these guys get through the doorway… ))
    Jshock-GM: Might want to upgrade that roll…
    Taliq: (( Yeah… I really do XD ))
    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    Taliq: makes a Pew pew check!
                      
    Successes: None / Advantage: 2
    Light Side: 0 / Dark Side: 2
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Taliq: (( Bollocks XD ))
    • Taliq struggles with the storm troopers





    Taliq: "Get to the Fang!"
    Jshock-GM: Still, 2 adv. That’s good for a boost for someone.
    Taliq: (( Get to the choppa! ))
    Taliq: (( Can I use a maneuver to get to the other side of them? ))
    Jshock-GM: Sure, you haven’t maneuvered
    Jshock-GM: Still engaged, but you can break free with another
    Taliq: (( I mean it’s a tangle of rifle butting and firing off random shots, right? ))
    Jshock-GM: Yeah
    Taliq: (( That’s my turn over ))
    Jshock-GM: Who’s next
    Jaana Raeth: I’ll go next…
    • Jaana Raeth shops the seargeant and starts
      circling…






    Jaana Raeth:
    Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
    Slugthrower Rifle R (Hvy) Medium 7
    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    Taliq: (( You shop him good XD ))
    Jaana Raeth: makes a Sarge – bang check!
            
    Successes: 5 / No Advantage or Threat
    Jshock-GM: Wait, let me look something up
    Taliq: (( NICE SHOT! ))
    Jshock-GM: Roll a challenge die – you’re firing into engaged
    Jshock-GM: Ignoring the diff
    Jaana Raeth: really? sarge isn’t by one of us * shrug *
    Jshock-GM: They are all by Taliq
    Taliq: (( I’m engaged with them, I think ))
    Jaana Raeth: makes a check!
      
    Successes: None / No Advantage or Threat
    Jshock-GM: OK, still, 3 success
    Jshock-GM: 9 dmg
    Jaana Raeth: (done)
    java.lang.ArithmeticException: Division undefined error executing expression bar.Strain = CurrStrain / MaxStrain .
    Jshock-GM: Note: these guys are minions. You’re actually fighting the group, not individuals.
    Taliq: (( Oh cool! ))
    Jshock-GM: Yow, 5 soak
    Taliq: (( ))
    Jshock-GM: So, you bump off a trooper – as a result, their skills go down.
    Trooper 80: Trooper 80 is defeated!
    Jshock-GM: You maneuvered toi get through the door?
    Jshock-GM: Wait, you don’t actually bump one off yet. He’s at 1
    Jshock-GM: Cannot into the maths
    Trooper 80: Trooper 80 recovers.
    Jaana Raeth: circling towards the door.. however far I can get with 1
    Taliq: (( Failing the maths ))
    Jshock-GM: That;’s fine… a maneuver gets you in the door
    Jshock-GM: Next?
    Mathus: Lowurra?
    Jshock-GM: Yes. Oh, yes.
    • Lowurra activates his vibroaxe, suffers 2 to
      engage, and mows the lawn






    Lowurra: Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra takes 2 strain.
    Lowurra:
    Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
    Vibro Axe Melee Engaged 7
    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    • Pierce 2: Target’s soak is reduced by 2 against this attack.
    • Lowurra is spending force for an upgrade





    The Force:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    The Force:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    The Dark Side:
    DECREASE THE FORCE
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    The Dark Side:
    INCREASE THE FORCE
    Lowurra: makes a Vibroaxe (Melee) check!
                
    Successes: None / Advantage: 2
    Taliq: (( lol ))
    Lowurra: OK, next one in line gets a boost to their roll…
    Jshock-GM: Who’s next? Mathus or the droid?
    Mathus: Droid, then Mathus.
    Droid guard 86: ATTACK PROTOCOLS ENGAGED
    Droid guard 86: .me aims, tries to stun a trooper
    Weapon Skill Range Dmg Dice
    Blaster Pistol R (Lt) Med 9
    • You deal 6 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    Droid guard 86: makes a Droid blaster pistol check!
                  
    Successes: None / Threat: 1
    Taliq: (( All aboard the fail train! ))
    Droid guard 86: I would spend that threat to heal strain, but that feels like cheese.
    Jshock-GM: MAthus, you’re up.
    Mathus: "WHY DOES ALL OF THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN NOW?!"
    • Mathus charges and tries to slug one.


    Jshock-GM: (( roflcopter ))


    Mathus: (( 1D? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    2d






    Mathus: makes a Brawl check!
              
    Successes: 1 / Advantage: 1
    Jshock-GM: Yaay!
    Jshock-GM: What’s your damage?
    Mathus: For… 3 damage.
    Mathus:
    Weapon Skill Max Range Dmg Dice
    Shock Gloves Brawl Engaged 3
    • You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra rolled.
    • Inflict 3 strain (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    Mathus: What can I spend the advantage on?
    Jshock-GM: Bonk! Blast armor is dough
    Jshock-GM: tough
    Jshock-GM: 1 adv can heal a strain
    Mathus: No strain to heal. Bleh.
    • Mathus is done.








    Jshock-GM:

    On the plus side, you can heal more
    than one at a time like that.










    Jshock-GM:

    OK, the troopers…






    Trooper Sergeant 49: "OPEN FIRE! SET FOR STUN!"
    Jshock-GM: Hmm… they’ll shoot TAliq, she started it
    Weapon Skill Range Dmg Dice
    Blaster Rifle Rng-Heavy Long 9 Pool variable (0-2 ranks)
    • You deal 9 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    • Pierce 1 – Reduce the target’s soak by 1.
    Mathus: (( 3D total for them? 1 range, 1 in melee, 1 dust storm? ))
    Taliq: (( of COURSE they will XD ))
    Taliq: (( I spend 1 strain to use dodge… oh wait :3 ))
    Taliq: (( so glad I picked Point Blank now, aren’t I? ))
    Jshock-GM: Dust is a setback. 1
    Jshock-GM: makes a Concentrated fire check!
                  
    Successes: None / Advantage: 1
    Jshock-GM: Lucky. Stormtrooper accuracy…
    Jshock-GM: THey’re going to disengage
    Taliq: (( Everyone knows Stormtroopers never actually hit ))
    Jshock-GM: Rifle line
    Taliq: (( Oh balls ))
    Jshock-GM: Also… another squad is hustling down the street.
    Jshock-GM: Who’s up?
    Taliq: (( I’ll go last this round ))
    Taliq: (( get to the chopper! ))
    Taliq: "Fall back!"
    Mathus: "Dammit!"
    • Mathus rushes towards the ship.








    Jshock-GM:

    OK, Mathus is maneuvering. Next?






    Jaana Raeth: "Tell th droid to rush them!"
    Taliq: (( Feel free to make it a firing retreat… ))
    • Jaana Raeth shoots sarge if she has lien of
      sights






    Mathus: Can I spend 2 strain to do 3 maneuvers to the ship? I figure Mathus has to get it up & running fast.
    Jshock-GM: Sure, you’re just through the door
    Jaana Raeth: so.. oen purple?
    Jshock-GM: Nope, 2 maneuvers is a cap
    Jshock-GM: Yes
    Jshock-GM: 1 purple
    Jaana Raeth: makes a vs Sarge check!
            
    Successes: 1 / No Advantage or Threat
    Mathus: (( I turn my action into a maneuver. 3 maneuvers now? ))
    Jshock-GM: No.
    • Jaana Raeth moves further inside








    Jshock-GM:

    2 maneuvers is the cap per turn.









    Jshock-GM:

    You can’t do 3, ever.



    Mathus: (( Ah, K. Hmm, is there any action I can
    do while running? Besides attacking? Opening the hangar doors perhaps? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    5 is right out.



    Taliq: (( BWAHAHAHAHA ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, you can open doors as part of
    the action – you’re basically running up, slapping a switch,
    running through



  • Mathus spends 2 Strain to do that, then.


  • Taliq: (( Good call… I did forget about
    the doors
    ))



    Taliq: (( Also… how long does it take to
    spool up the engines? XD ))






    Mathus: Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes 2 strain.
    Jshock-GM: Keen. Who’s next?
    Taliq: (( anti-shotgun (going last) ))
    Mathus: (( I should probably figure that out… skill check to figure out how fast we can get the ship going? ))
    Jshock-GM: Yeah, Mechanics once you all get in
    Jshock-GM: Who’s next?
    Jaana Raeth: (droid to charge soem troopers?)
    Taliq: (( Droid and/or wookie? ))
    Jaana Raeth: o shoot then charge
    Jshock-GM: OK, the droid
    Droid guard 86: EX-TER-MINATE!
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    Weapon Skill Range Dmg Dice
    Blaster Pistol R (Lt) Med 9
    • You deal 6 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .
    Jshock-GM: He’s aiming again
    Jshock-GM: makes a Blasting check!
            
    Successes: 4 / Advantage: 1
    Jshock-GM: Whoops, I think that damage is high
    Jshock-GM: It’s 6 base
    Trooper 80: Trooper 80 is defeated!
    Taliq: lol
    Taliq: (( Hahaha, of course its the droid that finally takes one out ))
    Jshock-GM: Wookiee?
    Taliq: (( so long as wookie doesn’t rush into melee ))
    Jshock-GM: Sure, he’s discrete
    Taliq: (( he’s a non-violent wookiee though, right? Except when it comes to trandoshans obv ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, gunning retreat. ))
    Jshock-GM: he’ll double maneuver
    Mathus: "Getingetingetingetin…"
    Jshock-GM: he’s down the hall
    Jshock-GM: Taliq?
    • Taliq sprays some suppression fire and then
      falls back through the hangar doors



    Taliq: (( what’s the difficulty? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    1d






    Taliq: makes a Suppresion fire check!
              
    Successes: None / Advantage: 7
    Taliq: (( lol ))
    Jshock-GM: what the smeg
    Taliq: (( Well it was just suppression fire I guess XD ))
    Jshock-GM: OK, you have options…
    Jshock-GM: Dice for everyone
    Taliq: (( Pin them down so we can retreat? ))
    Jshock-GM: Yeah, that’s smart. Give yourself a maneuver, Give them a setback, Give yourself a boost, heal 1 strain.
    Jshock-GM: 7 advantage
    Taliq: (( Sounds good to me XD ))
    Taliq: Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq is healed and gains back 1 strain.
    Taliq: (( Oh I see, 2 + 2 + 2 + 1? ))
    Jshock-GM: Right – you spend advantage for options
    Trooper Sergeant 49: "COVER!!!"
    Taliq: (( I 3 this system XD ))
    Taliq: (( 3 ))
    Taliq: (( OK that’s meant to be a heart, but you get the point ))
    Jshock-GM: First group falls back a bit, Other advances.
    Jshock-GM: Next?
    • Jaana Raeth falls back to the ship and heads
      to the pilor seat…



    Taliq: (( Cool ))





    Taliq: "Mathus, get that engine started!"
    • Tygaran needs to get to bed soon.. 8 am
      start tomorrow after all =/









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you guys are basically up to the
    ship’s ramp this turn if you’re just running up to it.







    Mathus: "On it!"
    Taliq: (( Yeah, we book it ))
    • Mathus goes first then?








    Jshock-GM:

    You hear the droid getting blasted
    into smithereeens as you board…







    Mathus: "Someone raise the ramp!"
    • Mathus darts to the engine room to get it
      running.



    Taliq: (( lol that droid almost did more
    than we did that combat ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Well… I wanted to do the ship scene
    tonight, but it’s midnight. It’ll have to wait until next week.




    Tygaran is disconnected.





    Mathus: Agh, damn, K.
    Mathus: On the plus side, not only does Teemo want us dead, but we’re now Imperial criminals. Yay?
    Jshock-GM: THat’s OK though – it makes just as good an opener
    Xie: That’s OK, we did alright _
    Xie: Hahaha, yeah…
    Jshock-GM: Yeah… that couldn’t have gone better
    Mathus: We should’ve just given them all the droids and snuck off while they were inspecting them.
    Xie: Well I’d rather be a fugitive of the empire than the enemy of a Hutt…
    Xie: Unfortunately we’re now BOTH XD
    Tygaran has connected.
    Xie: Nah, they were already suspicious
    Jshock-GM: I think "WHY ME???"
    Xie: XD
    Jshock-GM: is going to be Mathus’s trademark statement
    Xie: PC’s… Am I right? XD
    Mathus: "I JUST WANTED TO BE A MECHANIC!"
    Xie: I should probably get to bed too, big day tomorrow
    Mathus: Oh, and we’re nearly broke from paying off his docking fees.
    Xie: (Not as big as Tyg’s by the sound of it, but still )
    Xie: Hey, that ship is worth at least 1000 credits, so…
    Xie: We came out ahead…
    Xie: Aside from the "fugitives of the Empire" problem ofc
    Jshock-GM: OK. I’ll try to post logs and ship flying rules this weekend; if I don’t feel free to bitch me out about it
    Tygaran: kk…cya later folks
    Xie: ’night Tyg!
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Xie: ’night all!
    Xie: gg
    Xie: gj JShock, as always

    Escape from Mos Shuuta - Session 3

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Jshock