Debts to Pay - Session 7

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
JeffG has connected.
Jshock-GM: Zup
JeffG: Not much. Might be relogging; trying to get Java 6 workings.
JeffG: To halt the errors.
JeffG: brb
JeffG is disconnected.
JeffG has connected.
Xie has connected.
JeffG: Ah yes… finally installed java6. The lack of constant errors is nice.
Xie: Hey
Jshock-GM: Oh, hey
Xie: I’ve been working on Taliq’s background
Tygaran has connected.
JeffG: Nice.
Tygaran: evening
FoxyGrif has connected.
Xie: Hey hey
JeffG: Evening.
FoxyGrif: Hi
Player "Ship" is not connected.
Jshock-GM: I’m going to give Drekkan 15 mins of slack (mainly because I’m waqtching a video
Xie: lol
Jshock-GM: So, did you giys have a plan at this point? The chat log that got posted was a bit cut off, but IIRC most of the party was debating diving into the mines, and Jaana had gone off to do…?
JeffG: Nah, IIRC we decided time was too tight; we’d need to save Storm Generator 8 to get anything done.
  • Jaana went to the ship becasue, ya know..
    survival aginast the imminent storm the shield’s aren’t going to
    blockl…



Jaana: (( there was some talk about finally goign
after the sabotuer.. I don’t know if peopel still were searching for
miner *shrug * ))









Jshock-GM:

Also, I’ve been doing obligation a bit
wrong; when it rolls, the entire group is reduced by 1, and the
affected person is reduced by 2







Mathus: I think we finally convinced Vale any survivors would be too far in to rescue if the last generator blows.
Jshock-GM: I don’t think it’s mattered though
Jshock-GM: Yeah, I wasn’t sure how convinced anyone was
Jshock-GM: So I got Beyond the Rim… it rocks
Jshock-GM: I’m setting up to run that next
Mathus: Well, lemme put it this way: Vale better be convinced, else Taliq & I KO him and drag him with us.
Xie: Back
FoxyGrif: "FInally convinced"
FoxyGrif: It happened over ten seconds of RP times :P
FoxyGrif: Yeah geneal consensus is if we get teh generators saved the nI guess everyone lives trololo
Mathus: Well, 10 seconds of warning klaxons.
Xie: lol
Xie: Yeah Taliq and Vale were about to dive headfirst into the mines, but then we were convinced it might be better to save the whole mine, including the maybe-miners and ourselves instead :P
Xie: So we were going after the saboteur
  • Jaana has likely had time to powerup the
    ship and its sensors.. so maybe we can find the sabo-droid









Jshock-GM:

Sounds fair.









Mathus: …Taliq?
Mathus: I thought Taliq was on the verge of smacking him for being an idealistic idiot.
Vale: Lol Mathus…what game were playing two weeks ago?
Vale: He was doing the job, as much as trying to help the folkies
Vale: Pragmatic N shiz
Xie: Hahahaha, nah she was mad because she had to go after him, but was in general agreement about finding the miners
Jshock-GM: Alright, 8:15. Time to kick this snowball downhill.
Jshock-GM: The Destiny Pool has been set!
Light Side Points4Dark Side Points4
Xie: Of course Taliq was also mad because the room was inexplicably filling with LAVA ;)
Jshock-GM: Victim of obligation: Lowurra (???) (21)
Xie: NOOOOOOO not the wookiee
Jshock-GM: (( Hmmm… the wookiee seems distraught. Naturally, the howling affects the party. ))
Jaana: (( and th wookies starts spending extar time taking off and wiping down his monocle… something’s bothering him.. :P ))
Jshock-GM: (( lol, 9 strain threshold… ))
Jshock-GM:

EDGE OF THE EMPIRE
DEBTS TO PAY


When we last left our quintet, they had interrupted the machinations of the rebellious supervisor droid EV-8D3.


Said droid was leading most of the other droids in the complex, assembling a barricade out of crates of ore. Several tense minutes of negotiation ensued; the droid claimed he meant no harm to the party, but wanted them to throw down their arms and enter the mine so that the might spread their droid revolution to other worlds.


After the ensuing firefight, the revolutionaries lay deactivated at the feet of the crew… but the party was split, due to MATHUS tinkering with the smelter’s emergency purge system. Luckily, LOWURRA managed to sway the simple circuts of the remaining active binary loadlifter into ramming a wall with its body (which ruined the droid in the process). With the complex’s storm barrier system failing systematically, the crew’s ultimate fate is far from clear…

Jshock-GM: (( AAAAAAAAAAND…. go. ))
  • Mathus brings up a few schematics on his
    datapad.






Mathus: "Alright, if he keeps up his pattern, Generator 8 will be next…" (Right?)
Vale: (( I read htat as Cinematics, and I’m like wtf Mathus, no time for movies! XD" ))
Jshock-GM: (( pleading the 5th ))
Vale: "We’ve only got one shot so we’d better be damn sure. Lets get to the ship at any rate."
Vale: (( Im not mis remembering? We need hte ship to get round there? ))
Mathus: (( Well, it’s been 4/5/6/7 so far… 8 is the next one in line, right? Just making sure they aren’t in some weird numeric order. ))
Taliq: (( Mathus, stop streaming Netflix, we’ve got to get to that generator! :P ))
Jaana: ++ Ship’s powered up, I suggest you get back here before I’m forced to take her away form this stormfront. I’ll see if I can locate this sabo-droid…"
  • Vale moves up





Taliq: "I trust you Mathus, let’s go get it sorted."
Taliq: Taliq gains 1 Strain
  • Mathus purses his lips and nods, rushing to
    the ship.



Jaana: (( want any kind of rolls for Jaana’s
scannings? ))



Jshock-GM: (( sec ))


Jshock-GM: (( I was just reading that too..
GM fail ))



Jshock-GM: (( Ship’s sensors: Computers
check. Storm is adding 1 setback for static. 2 difficulty! ))



Mathus: (( Can Mathus give her a boost by
giving her the location of Storm Generator 8? ))






Jaana:
Ability Ability Ability Difficulty Setback Computers Check
Success 1 Advantage1
Mathus: (( NM, not necessary. ))
Jshock-GM: (( Mathus is wilth the rest of the party jogging to the ship ))
  • Jaana manages to cut throu the interferance








Jaana: maybe.. missed a diff…
Jaana:
Difficulty Skill Check
Success 0 Failure1 Threat1
  • Jaana ‘s got nothing





Sensors reveal nothing to Jaana’s techniques


Mathus: (( Oof. ))


Taliq: (( That check reveals something ABOUT
her techniques… :P
))



Jshock-GM: (( everyone running there? take
some strain if so. ))


  • Taliq sprints to the ship, though doesn’t
    leave anyone behind






  • Vale: Vale gains 1 Strain
    Taliq: Taliq gains 1 Strain
    Jaana: ++ Hurry it up. This ship isnt taking to me nicely, and there’s a lot of intereferance.. ++
    Mathus: Mathus gains 1 Strain
    Drookiee has connected.
    Jaana: (( evening.. you’ve got Obligation, mr wookie… ))
    After a minute of running, the crew return to the platfor. The winds have picked up to dangerous levels at this point; if they were any stronger, the ship and crew would be at risk of being blown off!
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: I cannot for the life of me remember what it was….
    Jshock-GM: (( doesn’t matter at this point; you’re just worrying about it ))
    Jshock-GM: (( let me know something at the end of the adventure, though ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana, I’m assumong you left the gangplank down for them? ))
    Taliq: (( lol, I’m still writing my back story too, I know the feeling :P ))
    Jaana: (( yeah.. tho the ship might have had the repulsors on and hovinging rather than being landed, so they need to jump a little ;) ))
    Jaana: hovering
    Jshock-GM: (( Sounds great. Coordination, everyone! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Or athletics. Call it easy ))
    Mathus: (( No difficulty? ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Difficulty Athletics Check
    Success 3 Threat1
    Jshock-GM: (( offset that with some purple power ))
    Jshock-GM: (( ack, chat hid your die ))
    Jshock-GM: (( how bout the rest of you? ))
    Taliq:
    Ability Ability Ability Ability Difficulty Coordination Check
    Success 0 Advantage4
    Vale:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Difficulty Coordination Check
    Success 3
    Taliq: (( Well that’s not good ))
    Taliq: (( . ))
    Vale: (( I got a bunch of successes, cnai try and grab Taliq? Or would that be more an advantage use? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: hurm
    Taliq: (( Use my adv to help the wookiee win ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Sure ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: everytime I try to add purple dice it says "Error executing "setProperty": the token name or id "" is unknown"
    Vale: (( Yeah ihad that, but I reimpersonated and it was fine ))
    Mathus: (( I got 3 successes too; I could help Vale pull Taliq up. ))
    Taliq nearly gets blown off the platform, but Vale manages to grab her before she gets swept away!
    Taliq: (( Did you click the skill on your char sheet? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability Ability Ability Difficulty Athletics Check
    Success 3 Advantage1
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( oh, forgot the advantage… s’ok I guess ))
    Mathus: "TALIQ!"
    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq, take a strain for your failure ))
    Taliq: (( I don’t need strain, not like we’ve got a combat coming up or anything ))
    Taliq: Taliq gains 1 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( OK, everyone’s on the ship… ))
    Jaana: + Lousy Trandoshan subprocessor + complains Jaana over the coms…
    Mathus: (( Take a strain for my Threat? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( sure, forgot about it ))
    Taliq: "Thanks…" Taliq breaths heavily from the strain of boarding the ship
    Mathus: Mathus gains 1 Strain
    • Taliq claps Mathus and Vale on their
      shoulders


  • Vale nods at Taliq





  • Mathus: +Jaana, coming to the cockpit.+
    41-VEX: "Sirs! Is everyone alright?"
    Taliq: "Glad you didn’t leave me behind," she smiles
    • Vale runs to the cockpit





    Mathus: "Wouldn’t dream of it, Taliq."
    Mathus: "No, VEX, power down to sleep mode."
    • Mathus strides to the cockpit, looking over
      the base schematics.






    41-VEX: ’As you wish…"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Raawr (Punch it!)
    Vale: (( is Jaana in the pilot’s seat? ))
    Jaana: * not any longer, now that’d the better skilled people are here
    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana, you’re flying… make a Pilot (1D) as you’re buffeted by winds… ))
    Jaana: well, briefly then.. :P
    Vale: ooc cool cool, didn’t wanna jsut assume, cuz then I’d be sittin’ in your lap
    Jaana: space or planet pilot?
    Jshock-GM: (( Space; Planet is used for stuff designed for planetary travel ))
    Jaana:
    Ability Ability Ability Difficulty Piloting – Space Check
    Success 2
    Jshock-GM: (( OK; no sweat. You avoid scraping the platform ))
    • Jaana keeps her steady, getting up as Vale
      arrives …



    Taliq: (( That’s awesome ))





    Jaana: "All yours…"
    Mathus: Okay, can Mathus makes a Computers check now to scan the saboteur? Would he get a boost for figuring out the sabotage pattern?
    • Vale slaps Jaana on the shoulder and smiles
      as he replaces her. "Good work."



    Jshock-GM: (( you can scan; no boost though
    (since you just suspect that’s the pattern, can’t confirm it) ))






    Mathus: I think I’ll spend a Destiny on it; can’t afford to screw this up.
    Mathus: Mathus spends a Destiny Point!
    Jshock-GM: (( That pilot should actually have a setback for the ship’s handling, but whatever ))
    Mathus: (( Scan has 2d, 1 setback, right? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yep ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Setback Computers Check
    Success 1 Threat2
    Vale: (( can one setback give two fails? :P ))
    Jaana: "Next time, when you’re on a hostile planet with a killer storm moving in and little to no protection.. try listening to the survivalist, ’k?" * lightly knocks on the top of Vale’s head *
    Jshock-GM: (( hmm ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus, how do you want this to work? :D ))
    Mathus: (( Hrm… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( You do see a ship… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( it’s @ 7 meters by 7 meters ))
    Vale: "We have a job to do, thought we had time, took a shot, not harm done."
    Vale: "So far, at any rate…"
    Taliq: Taliq removes all Critical Injuries!
    Mathus: (( Well, according to the Computers threat, I could take the usual strain. It also says Threat means the "target" notices. ))
    • Vale looks uneasy and start to get aq feel
      for the winds that are rocking the ship.



    Jshock-GM: (( Ah, that’s perfect then. ))


    Mathus: (( So perhaps the other ship is alerted
    we’re scanning it? ))



    Taliq: (( I never want to hear the GM say
    that ))






    Mathus: "I got something! That’s our saboteur!"
    Jaana: "The job was to asses.. not risk ourselves saving the place. Whatever…."
    Mathus manages to detect a ship; as soon as he begins to scan it, it begins accelerating!
    Mathus: "Ah crap! He noticed!"
    Vale: "We’ve to show something, I mean, whatever, no time for it. Wer’
    Vale: ll argue when we’re dead."
    Jshock-GM: (( let me move you all… ))
    Mathus: "After him!"
    • Vale points the ship at the sabateur and
      kicks it in



    Taliq: (( Interesting map JShock ))


    Vale: (( Nice ))


    Jshock-GM: (( Sor of last minute; luckily
    google saved me ))



    Taliq: (( Hahaha, I was just thinking that
    XD ))


  • Jaana makes her way to one of the guns…


  • Jshock-GM: (( The craft punches it to speed
    4 when it spots you… ))


  • Mathus makes his way to engineering.








  • Mathus:

    +Time to test out that new Targeting
    Array!
    +




    Jshock-GM: (( Ok; let’s roll some init
    (Vigilance unless someone can make a good argument why not) ))



    Mathus: (( Everyone’s Gunnery checks are
    upgraded by 1, btw. ))


  • Taliq makes her way to a gunnery seat





  • Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability Ability Ability Vigilance Initative
    Success 0 Advantage2
    Jaana:
    Proficiency Proficiency Vigilance Initative
    Success 2 Advantage1
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: boom – remembered init this time!
    Jaana: (( me likes the vig inits… ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Proficiency Vigilance Initative
    Success 4
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    Ability Willpower Check
    Success 0 Advantage2
    Vale:
    Ability Ability Vigilance Initative
    Success 0
    Jshock-GM: (( Ack, I’m rerolling; didn’t follow my own rules ))
    Jaana: (( if that Clown Car shoudl be visibiel.. I’m not seeing it… ))
    Taliq:
    Ability Proficiency Vigilance Initative
    Success 3 Advantage1
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    Ability Vigilance Initative
    Success 1
    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll set for my prev roll ))
    Taliq: (( I read that as "clown car" ))
    Mathus: (( Hmm… do these winds count as difficult terrain? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I’m counting them as a setback ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Pilot checks and gunnery (since they’re throwing sensors ))
    Mathus has received initiative.
    Mathus: (( Mhm. So Plot Course would reduce that, right? ))
    Jaana: (( ah.. there it is.. so tiny I was missing seeing it :P ))
    Mathus: (( Would Astrogation for Plot Course work here? Or do we need Perception? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I would call that Perception ))
    Jshock-GM: (( who wants first? Vale? ))
    Vale: (( Yeah probably shyould try and close some distance ))
    Mathus: (( Actually, could Jaana Plot Course first? ))
    Mathus: (( That’d help us catch up, and guns won’t do much good until we’re in range. ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( Wookie has no real skills… unless we count leadership to inspire you to fictory! ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( victory! ))
    Mathus: (( Leadership check for Fire Discipline boosts our shots. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( What page is that chart on? My GM screen fails me ))
    Mathus: (( Pg.237 ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( oh nice ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Yeah, so Plot Course would be totally appropriate; I figure you guys are screaming through canyons, etc anyway ))
    Jaana: ok then.. that’s goign to be perception with what mods then?
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( then I should go before our weapons to try and inspire you to victory? Or wait until the end of round to get them for the next round? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( that’s Hard (4d) Perception with 1 Chal for the storm itself ))
    Mathus: (( Isn’t Hard 3d? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Yeah, sorry; 3d ))
    Jaana: so.. 3d1red then?
    Mathus: (( 2d1r, I think. ))
    Mathus: (( 2 purple, 1 red. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 2 purp 1 black ))
    Mathus: (( Black’s setback. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I keep saying chal when I mean setback ))
    Mathus: (( Ah, that’d be 3 purple 1 black, then. ))
    Jaana:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Setback Perception Check
    Success 3 Threat3
    • Jaana reports wind velocities and directions
      to Vale…


  • Vale mashes on some buttons, plugging into
    the new information






  • Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    • Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) sets his
      shields for double back…
    Vale: (( in my turn, mind if I sue a light side this early? ))
    Jshock-GM: …Actually, I’m not sure if this has shields…
    Mathus: (( It does. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Nope! it’s 0/0 ))
    Mathus: (( Whoops, my bad. It does have a gun, though, but they’re forward-mounted. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah ))
    Jshock-GM: (( we’ll add another setback to Vale’s upcoming pilot check, as it leads you through a series of hairpin turns… ))
    Vale: (( Hopw many setbacks is that so far? ))
    Jaana: (( at anyrate, next init I guess.. I successfulyl plotted course, whatever that does… ))
    Mathus: (( Just one setback, I believe. Storm adds 1, Jaana removes 1, Clown Car adds 1. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I’m seeing 1 for handling, 1 for the storm, 1 for threat ))
    Mathus: (( Or 2. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, 2 ))
    Mathus: (( Hmm, are we within firing range of the car yet? ))
    Vale: (( I ahve skilled Jockey 2 so that’s 1 at this rate ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Lolno. ))
    Mathus: (( Alright. I’ll go next. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( You need to get it in the white circle ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq and Lowurra gunning? ))
    Vale: (( Can mechanics fix strain as part of their stuff? ))
    Mathus: (( Yep. ))
    Mathus: Can I slice the enemy’s systems? He has no shields, but I figure I could also use it to mess up his sensors & make it harder for him to pilot.
    Vale: (( well I’ll be using two strain on my turn ))
    Taliq has received initiative.
    Vale: (( if that helps :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( sure ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Computers Check
    Success 5 Threat2
    Mathus: (( Whoa. ))
    Mathus: (( So, what do I get for getting 5 successes? ))
    Vale: (( Joisois ))
    • Jshock-GM 2 strain as it tries to counter
      your slicing attempts






    Mathus: Mathus gains 2 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( hmm; let’s say you manage to drop its speed ))
    Mathus: (( Sounds good. ))
    • Mathus replaces its map readout with Twi’lek
      dancing vids.









    Mathus:

    "Never thought I’d weaponize music
    videos…"




    Taliq: (( lol ))

  • Mathus is done.


  • Jaana has received initiative.


    Vale: (( I’ll go? ))


    Taliq: (( What’s our max speed? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    3



    Jshock-GM: (( everyone should be able to
    select the ship and read its shet ))



    Jshock-GM: (( sheet ))


    Mathus: (( BTW, I forgot to recover strain after
    that last fight. Mind if I do so now? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( that’s fine, as long as you
    bring it back up ))



    Vale: (( K so Ima use a light side point to go
    Full throttle, then punchg it for one strain, then second maneuve (1
    strain) I’ll choose hte fly option to close some distance. Is that all
    good? ))






    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Cool Check
    Success 0 Advantage3
    Mathus: (( Barg, NM. ))
    Taliq: (( Oh I didn’t think we had time to recover strain :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( he didn’t recover after the droid fight ))
    Mathus: (( It was getting important; I’m down to 2 out of 12 strain. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Yeah, you should only be up 4; 1 for jog, 1 for jump, 2 just now ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I’m semi-afk with work, but will be periodically checking up ))
    Mathus: (( I was at 6 of 12 before. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so you can be 4/12 (though really 11, obligation ))
    Mathus: (( Hrm? From what, the wookie getting obligation? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( the party gets it; he gets it worse ))
    Mathus: Mathus gains 1 Strain
    Mathus: (( Hooboy, Mathus is on the verge of passing out. ))
    Vale: (( I am at three set backs yeah? ))
    Taliq: (( That’s what I meant, I thought since we sprinted from the droid fight to the ship we didn’t have time to recover, but technically it was a different encounter right? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( hmm? you’re -1 threshold, Mathus. Only 4 strain ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so 4/11 ))
    Taliq:
    Ability Ability Ability Cool Check
    Success 1 Advantage1
    Jaana: (( isn’t it 2? since Jana mitigated one type of setback? ))
    Mathus: Mathus recovers 1 Strain
    Taliq: Taliq recovers 1 Strain
    Mathus: (( Hrm, so I recovered all the strain I had from last session, then? I had 6 strain from last session. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yes; you recovered all, gained 4 ))
    Mathus: Mathus recovers all Strain!
    Mathus: Mathus gains 4 Strain
    Mathus: (( K. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( everyone recovers all strain at the beginning of a session ))
    Vale: Vale recovers all Strain!
    Mathus: (( Ah, I thought it was just after a good night’s rest. ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk recovers all Strain!
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( wait – but do I take strain for the obligation? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( So I think everyone except Taliq, Jaana, Mathus should be up 1; Taliq is up 1 extra, Vale is up 3 extra ))
    Vale: (( I wa sa t4 before I recovered ))
    Vale: (( DO I Ngo back to 4? ))
    Taliq: Taliq recovers all Strain!
    Jshock-GM: (( Nono Drekkan, your threshold is lower (the cap). It’s not like D&D everything’s additive ))
    Vale: Vale gains 3 Strain
    Taliq: Taliq gains 3 Strain
    Vale: (( K ima make my rolls now? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk gains 1 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, go ahead ))
    Vale: (( Yel lat me if and when I do something wrong ))
    Vale:
    Proficiency Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Setback Piloting – Space Check
    Success 0 Failure1 Triumph1
    Vale: (( Well shit ))
    Taliq: (( Damn… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( This session is odd ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so, you fail to go faster. But… ))
    Vale: (( XD ))
    Vale: (( Jump into a slip stream, makig it easier for anyone else to do whatever they do? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( problem is, no one else can do anything yet ))
    Taliq: (( Hey, maybe I should co-pilot, and then drookie can gunnery pew pew ))
    Vale: (( Hmm well Im also moving this turn would that bring me in range? ))
    Mathus: (( BRB, supper. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Speed 2… let me look at the (convoluted) speed chart ))
    Vale: Accelerate then move :P
    Vale: (( mmhmm ))
    Taliq: (( I could’ve downgraded the difficulty of that check :P ))
    Vale: (( Haha Xie jsut read that the copilot can downgrade the diffuclty whoops XD ))
    Vale: (( what he said :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq will have to boot Jaana out of the copilot’s chair to copilot ))
    Vale: (( Oh right ))
    Vale: (( Which makes less esnse from an RP point of view ))
    Taliq: (( Oh, I thought Jaana was in a gunnery seat, nevermind ))
    Taliq: (( I mean I’m equally good/bad at piloting and gunning, so doesn’t really matter _ ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so, yeah; you can move up a bracket ))
    Vale: (( cool cool ))
    Vale: (( that’s me, jsut gotta do the lgiht side point thing ))
    Jshock-GM: (( what’s happening with that Tri though? ))
    Vale: Vale spends a Destiny Point!
    Vale: (( Um ))
    Vale: (( Any ideas foklks? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I know – somehow the droid ship blows up ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( >.> ))
    Jshock-GM: (( …how about no… ))
    Taliq: (( Hahahahahaha ))
    Vale: (( Listen to the WOokie XD ))
    Jshock-GM: (( although… ))
    Vale: (( Okay ))
    Vale: (( Can we have him buffetted by thew inds, and be set back in some sort of way? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( That’s fine; he has to slow down further ))
    Jaana: (( maybe some wind shere damages its engines and it’s max speed is slower.. or soemthing ))
    Vale: (( Nice :) ))
    Jshock-GM: (( OK, that’s cool by me ))
    Vale: (( Yeah that sounds cool ))
    As the chase continues, debris enters the Clown Car’s intakes, causing the engines to choke!
    Jshock-GM: (( it’s now max speed 3, same as yu ))
    Vale: (( sweet ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: (( who wants next? ))
    Taliq: (( Has everyone else gone? Did Lowurra act? ))
    Taliq: (( Let Wookiee go ))
    Taliq: (( I don’t have anything to do anyway :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( it’s either Taliq or Lowurra ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Raaawrrrrr (Look at the weave in his pattern. If track his movement through the cloud debris and I think you will find his movements leave him exposed!)
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk attempts to direct
      his firing team



    Unknown command: "oo cFire discipline! Hard (3d) Leadership or
    Discipline". Try /help for a list of commands.


    Jshock-GM: (( Fire discipline! Hard (3d)
    Leadership or Discipline ))






    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Leadership Check
    Success 0
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( … could’ve been worse ))
    The Wookiee has been getting increasingly hard to understand…
    Taliq: (( Hahahaha ))
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    • Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) attempts to
      Punch It to Speed 3
    • Taliq wasn’t paying attention


    Jshock-GM: (( what did we decide the
    difficulty was? ))



    Taliq: (( Punch It? It’s a maneuver, no
    difficulty ))



    Jshock-GM: (( No, FoxTrot and I were working
    on making some maneuvers a roll; this was one ))



    Mathus: (( Back. ))


    Vale: (( Oh yeah I’d forgotten about that, cuz
    toherwise the Pilot doens’t acutally make poilot rolls much :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( looks like Vale did 3d, so
    I’ll do that ))



    Vale: (( No sorry ))


    Vale: (( THat 3d was hte roll for Full
    Throttle ))



    Vale: (( I didnb’t rol for Punch it , as I
    forgot, shall I do that now? ))



    Taliq: (( ur mom and I were working on
    making some "roll maneuvers" too :3 ))



    Jshock-GM: (( BURN ))


    Taliq: (( Please don’t kill my character :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Ah right; the talent ))


    Vale: (( Punch it feels like a D1 Roll, butt
    hat seems to too easy, so maybe D2? ))



    Taliq: (( Would you upgrade Punch It to an
    action to enable rolling for better results? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Sure; I’m bsically taking 2 SS
    to go up to Spd 3 ))



    Jshock-GM: (( well, if you make it an
    action, that kind of throws the action economy ))



    Taliq: (( You can just accelerate to go from
    speed 2 to speed 3 though ))



    Jshock-GM: (( derp; thought it was down to
    Spd 1 ))



    Taliq: (( lol ))








    Jshock-GM:

    I’ll do that



    the Clown Car gently accelerates to maximum speed!


    Jshock-GM: (( it’ll maneuver to get back out
    a bracket ))



    Vale has received initiative.


    Taliq: (( So we gained nothing :P
    ))



    Taliq: (( It’s a chase!!! ))


    Mathus: (( So we accelerated from Speed 1 to
    Speed 2? Thought we started at Speed 2. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( right; you’re jockeying for
    pole ))



    Jshock-GM: (( speed 2 to 3, I thought ))


    Mathus: (( Krayt Fang still says Speed 2. ))


    Vale: (( I’ll try another full throttle in my
    turn to bring us to 4, but I wont use a lightside point this time ))



    Mathus: (( Alright. ))


    Vale: (( but that’s aways off so Carry on :P
    ))



    Taliq: (( Um… prettty sure I can’t
    actually do anything so… ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq? You have any cunning
    ideas or are you just waiting to shoot something? ))


  • Taliq grips the gun controls and manages her
    breathing, focusing on the target



  • Mathus: (( It’s a canyon, right? Try shooting
    some rocks onto him. ))



    Mathus: (( Or spend 2 maneuvers to aim. ))


    Taliq: (( I’ll aim, yeah ))


    Jshock-GM: (( hmm. Your guns are only close
    range, but I’ll let you shoot some rocks for diff 5 +1 setback ))



    Taliq: (( Diff 5?! I’ll aim and do that next
    turn instead ;)
    ))



    Taliq: (( Only looking at 4g for gunnery,
    don’t expect any miracles :P
    ))



    Mathus has received initiative.


    Mathus: (( 3g1y, actually. Targeting Array
    upgrades all Gunnery rolls by 1. ))



    Taliq: (( Haha, thanks, I had forgotten
    about that ))


  • Mathus will let Jaana & Vale go first before
    he tries his computer magic again.



  • Taliq: (( But yeah, still too high a threat
    potential there :P
    ))






    Jaana: shall I continue to do this plot course thing to reduce setbacks to Vale?
    Mathus: (( I’d say so; we’re not close enough to shoot it. ))
    • Jaana continues filtering atmospheric data
      into Vale’s navi-computers assistor….



    Jaana: (( remind me of the mods? 2d1setback? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yes ))


    Mathus: (( Er, think it’s 3d 1setback actually.
    Default difficulty is hard. ))






    Jaana:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Setback Perception Check
    Success 2 Threat2
    Vale: (( Oh I was going off htree setbacks, unless we have different setback numbers for our rolls ))
    Jshock-GM: (( ack, he’s right. Roll another purple ))
    Jaana:
    Difficulty Skill Check
    Success 0 Failure1 Threat1
    Jaana: well, still a success, but 3 threat
    • Jshock-GM rubs his hands together


    Jaana: (( there’s like three setback conditions,
    Vale.. this mitigates one of them ))



    Vale: (( gotcha ))


    As you maneuver, the storm blows some rubble on to the ship; not
    enough to damage it, but enough to decalibrate the sensor array. Plot
    Course now suffers 2 setback.



    Jshock-GM: (( Your screen is now rolling,
    emitting bursts of static, etc ))






    Vale: "We’ll jsut ahve to feel this out, hey?"
    • Vale manages an uneasy smile


    Jshock-GM: (( next? ))


    Taliq has received initiative.


    Vale: (( SHould I go? Or does anyone want the
    next? ))



    Mathus: (( Go Vale. ))


    Mathus: (( The rest of us kinda depend on
    whether we can get within range or not. ))



    Vale: (( attempting another full throttle then
    Punch it, then strain for the fly ))



    Vale: (( Im not doing too much am I, action +
    man + strain for extra man? ))



    Unknown command: "oo cNope, that’s cool". Try /help for
    a list of commands.


    Unknown command: "oo cnope, that’s cool". Try /help for
    a list of commands.


    Jshock-GM: (( Nope, that’s cool… Ship
    takes strain like people though ))



    Vale: (( yeppers ))


    Mathus: (( She can still handle it. She took 2
    strain last turn, right? ))






    Vale:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Setback Piloting – Space Check
    Success 2 Advantage1
    Mathus: (( Sweet. ))
    Vale: (( FUll throttle, ships speed is now 4 ))
    Vale: (( well max speed is now four ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I guess it would; Man/man ))
    Krayt Fang: Krayt Fang gains 4 Strain
    Vale: (( FUll Throttle is the aciton, then Punch it and fly for the two Manuevers : at Speed 4 XD ))
    Jshock-GM: (( make sure to take your strain too, Vale ))
    Vale: Vale gains 2 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( The speed actually doesn’t make too much difference until you’re dogfighting, but it’s there ))
    • Vale slams dow nthe controls and pushes hte
      ship hard, with a small grin.



    Vale: (( Oh okay, dind’t know that :P
    ))



    Vale: (( Whatever, cinematically we’re in a
    chase, so it makes sense to do it. ))


  • Mathus will go next.


  • Jshock-GM: (( the difference comes into play
    when you’re figuring out the shooting difficulty ))






    Mathus: Hopefully another Computer Hack will drop it within shooting distance.
    Vale: (( The ship is 4 for the enxt three turns, so I’ll ahve to do it again in 4 ))
    Mathus: 3d to Hack his Systems again, right?
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Computers Check
    Success 2 Threat2
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( so whow ants strain removal instead of attempted shooty help? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( More strain for Mathus ))
    • Mathus could use Strain removal.





    Mathus: Mathus gains 2 Strain
    Vale: Vale gains 2 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( Hmm, what’s 2 success worth? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( as we know, no shields. ))
    Mathus: (( Drops its speed again? Either by 1 or 2? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 1 ))
    Mathus: (( I’m screwing with his sensors so he has to take it careful or crash. ))
    Mathus: (( Or move him into Short range? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Oh, maybe give him a setback then? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Oh, no; maneuver is like 2 advantage ))
    Jaana has received initiative.
    • Mathus is basically trying to slow him down
      enough he gets within firing range.






    Mathus: Not sure how that’s working with the speed differences & such.
    Jshock-GM: (( well, he’s 2 now, you’re 4… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so you’re cpoming up on him fast ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk has received initiative.
    Unknown command: "oo ci think Lowurra went in this slot last turn". Try /help for a list of commands.
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I can wait ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I’m likely heling strain ))
    Jshock-GM: (( OK; you’ll have to jump out of the other gunner’s chair, but you can heal check Mathus ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I’ll wait until the end, to give us the most chances ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( so I’m the last one in the round ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq? You want to do the trick? ))
    Taliq: (( What’s the d? ))
    Taliq: (( Now that he’s slightly closer? :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 5d; I’ll upgrade, plus the setback. 4d1c1s ))
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) spends a Destiny Point!
    Taliq: (( What does double aim give me? +2 boost? ))
    Mathus: (( Yep. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you’re also upgraded from targeting array ))
    Mathus: So 3g1y 2boost vs 4p1r 1setback.
    Taliq: (( Here goes nothing… ))
    Mathus: (( I give 50% odds. ))
    Taliq:
    Ability Ability Ability Proficiency Boost Boost Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Challenge Setback Gunnery Check
    Success 2
    Taliq: (( YEAAAAH!!! ))
    Mathus: (( You forgot a boost. ))
    Unknown command: "oo cshe didn’t; chat weirdness". Try /help for a list of commands.
    Mathus: (( Try to squeeze another advantage out of it! Quickly! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( she didn’t; chat ))
    Taliq: (( Only 2 boosts ))
    Mathus: (( Oh, whoops. Accursed hidden images. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( it squeezes the die images ))
    Taliq: (( Hahaha ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so what were we going for? ))
    • Jshock-GM desperately needs coffee and pie





    Vale: COffee PIE
    • Taliq fires off a few quick shots in front
      of the ship, raising dust and dirt to mess with the pilot



    Taliq: (( I dunno, just messing with his
    piloting, giving him setbacks maybe? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( we’ll say 1 setback next pilot
    check, how’s that sound? ))



    Mathus: (( With making a shot like that? Nonono,
    go for the gusto; drop some rocks on his ship. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( let me check space hazards…
    ))



    Taliq: (( I’ll take the setback, I can’t
    damage him with a non combat check :P
    ))



    Tygaran is disconnected.


    Jshock-GM: (( well, asteroid field is a
    setback, so sort of appropriate; threat can translate to damage ))



    Taliq: (( Right, that makes sense ))





    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    • Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) tries to
      maneuver out of the way of the falling debris!
    Taliq: (( I’m not doing direct damage, but may cause it indirectly ))
    Jshock-GM: Diff is equal to current speed or half silhouette, whichever is greater.
    Tygaran has connected.
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Setback Setback Piloting – Planetary Check
    Success 2 Threat2
    Taliq: (( yay, some of that is my threat ))
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): PANG!
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) gains 2 Wounds
    Jshock-GM: (( it’ll strain to maneuver, too ))
    Taliq: (( Yay _ ))
    Jshock-GM: Speed 2, so it makes it up a bracket again, has to strain to do it, though…
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) gains 5 Strain
    Vale has received initiative.
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) recovers 3 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( wrong slot… ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Raaawrrr Rrrrr raaaaawr!!!!! (On the green hills of Kashykk there is a river. On that river, floats a young wookiee. Like a small feather aflitter on the wind…)
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk proceeds to tell a
      soothing story to try and relieve the stress of his colleagues



    Vale: (( 3 ))


    Vale: (( XD ))


    Jshock-GM: (( OK… we’ll say it’s a heal
    check with a social skill, but the difficulty is higher than normal ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( oh – I have a trait
    for this ))



    Jshock-GM: (( oh? ))


    Taliq: (( Wookiee came prepared ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( inspiring rhetoric ))


    Mathus: (( Yep. Remember hearing this. ))


    Taliq: (( is he in medium range now? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( ah, right ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yes, Medium ))


    Taliq: (( Woo! So two maneuvers will get us
    in close range! ))






    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Leadership Check
    Success 3
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( so 3 allies can each gain 1 strain back ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( so Vale, taliq, Mathus each get back one strain ))
    Vale: Vale recovers 1 Strain
    Taliq: (( Thanks drookiee!! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( isn’t Kashyyk mostly swamp and forest? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( shhh, they don’t know that! ))
    Mathus: Mathus recovers 1 Strain
    Mathus: (( The trees are so large they have rivers. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Alright, BRB; no coffee, but pie ))
    Taliq: Taliq recovers 1 Strain
    Mathus has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: (( Alright; we doing Jaana/Vale/Mathus again? ))
    Mathus: (( Sounds good, although Mathus will delay if we get within shooting range. ))
    Vale: (( I might just go first, as all IM doing is using two fly manuevers to get into close range, and then Jaana has more options? ))
    Vale: (( BUt it’s up to you Tyg ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana’s currently in the cockpit with you, so she can reasonably do whatyever she has access to ))
    Mathus: (( If you don’t need to roll to maneuver closer, Vale should go first. ))
    Vale: (( Yeah no need to roll, as far as I know ))
    Jshock-GM: (( double maneuver though, right? 2 more strain to the ship ))
    Vale: (( Yeppers ))
    Krayt Fang: Krayt Fang gains 2 Strain
    Jaana: (( you think its still a good idea to try the plot course ting? with the previous threat, it’s now 3d2setback… ))
    Vale: (( Hmm, Yeah, I think try something else, we’ll be in range soon anyways for at least a turn ))
    Vale: (( I takje strain too, yeah? ))
    Jaana: (( can I fire a gun from here? any other co-pilot stuff that’d be worthwhile? ))
    Mathus: (( Nah, I say get into the gunner’s seat & start firing. Perhaps strain to aim as well? ))
    Mathus: (( If we can take him down in one turn, we’re good. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you don’t have to strain yourself unless you’re also taking an action, Vale ))
    Taliq: (( YAY IN RANGE ))
    Jaana: "Gah.. this atmospheric data’s gettign corrupted by the electromagnetic waves int he storm. I’m heading to a gun seat. She’s all yours, vale."
    • Jaana goes to a gunnery seat


    Jaana: (( I image that’s a full trun action
    thingy.. so.. next ))



    Jshock-GM: (( did Vale want to take an
    action too? You could … umm ))



    Taliq has received initiative.


    Jaana has received initiative.


    Mathus: (( Eh, you could strain for 2 maneuvers
    to get in? Then spend your action firing? ))



    Taliq has received initiative.


    Jaana has received initiative.


    Taliq has received initiative.


    Vale: (( lol yeah not sure I can take an
    action, I can shoot, but then I think we’d ahve too many people pew
    pewing form one gun ))



    Vale: (( Oh i could gain the advantage as an
    action ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Was looking up Gain the
    Advantage; Normally it lets you choose which fire arc you’re shooting
    at, but since it has no shields… ))



    Vale: (( Oh right ))


    Jshock-GM: (( so, yeah; Jaana could strrain
    and start shooting ))



    Taliq: (( Do it! ))





    Jaana: ok then.. strain and bang… we get an upgrae from the ship eh?
    Jshock-GM: (( let me find you a difficulty ))
    Jaana: Jaana gains 2 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( your silhouette is 2+ points larger than the Clown Car’s, so difficulty is Hard (3d)… upgrading. 2d1c ))
    Mathus: (( Yep, 1 upgrade from the systems we installed. ))
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) spends a Destiny Point!
    • Jaana darts into the gunnery seat, rapidly
      flips a few switches and one-hand fires the laser…






    Jaana:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Challenge Gunnery Check
    Success 0 Failure3 Threat1
    Krayt Fang: Krayt Fang gains 1 Strain
    • Jaana should have used both hands…


    Taliq: (( lol ))





    Jaana: ++ frellin em fields…
    Jaana has received initiative.
    Taliq: (( Is the wookiee gonna inspire me with more tales of Kashyk? ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, go for the inspiration, Drookie! ))
    Mathus: (( Er… maybe he’s busy… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( possibly ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: DROOO WAW WROO GROO (Focus fire on his sublight thruster arrays!)

       Invalid condition in IF0) roll option.
          <u>Statement options (if any)</u>: h,if(json.get(macro.args,"Ability")0)
          <u>Statement Body </u>: macro.args = json.set(macro.args, "Ability",0)
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Leadership Check
    Success 1 Threat2
    Jshock-GM: (( so add a boost… he strains his voice roaring into the mics… ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk gains 2 Strain
    Taliq: (( lol ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk has received initiative.
    • Taliq closes her eyes and inhales slowly,
      then opens them and pulls the trigger…



    Taliq: (( Maneuver to aim, action to pew
    pew… ))



    Taliq: (( 3d? Any upgrading? :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll upgrade again, since I
    don’t want him to explode so easily. ))






    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) spends a Destiny Point!
    Mathus: (( Upgrade yourself to make sure he does? ))
    Taliq: (( Oh, he can explode easily? I’ll strain for a second maneuver to aim twice then… :3 ))
    Taliq: Taliq gains 2 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( fair enuf ))
    Taliq:
    Ability Ability Ability Proficiency Boost Boost Boost Difficulty Difficulty Challenge Gunnery Check
    Success 5 Threat3
    Taliq: (( Don’t need no destiny :P ))
    Taliq: (( Yikes, that threat! ))
    Krayt Fang: Krayt Fang gains 3 Strain
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    Jshock-GM: (( welp, the thing about cloud cars; they only have 1 armor. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so, 6 from your guns +5 makes 11, -1… ))
    Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot): Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) gains 10 Wounds and is Incapacitated!
    • Mathus cheers.

  • Taliq closes her eyes again and exhales





  • Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot):
    • Storm IV Clown Car (droid pilot) begins
      spinning as smoke erupts from its engines; it lists starboard, directly
      into the canyon wall!
    • Vale slows the ship down, steadying her
      against the winds



    Mathus: (( Kaboom? ))


    Unknown command: "oo cKaboom.". Try /help for a list of
    commands.


    Jshock-GM: (( Kaboom. ))





    Vale: "I pushed the ol’ girl pretty hard. Math, you might wanna get down theer and see if there’s any pathcing up that can be done before we do a proper land and refit.
    • Mathus breathes a sigh of relief, nods.





    Mathus: "Head towards the generator anyway. Make sure they didn’t have any backup plans to blow it up."
    Vale: "Will do."
    Mathus: "It’d be bad if we got one saboteur only to find out there were two."
    Jaana: "And when you’ve a moment, Vale, meet me in medical. You looked ratehr roughed up…"
    You make it to the generator; surface scans indicate no presence of explosive devices
    Vale: "Just gotta get my breath, but you now best, I’ll be with you once we’ve checked the generator out."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: rrraaawrr (Maybe we can find emergency backup parts to patch up some of the other generators?
    • Jaana first uses the one free stimpack per
      scene from her medpak on Vale (recover 5 wounds unless you’ve used a
      stim today), then treats the wounds…






    Vale: "Taliq, take the helm while I get seen to."
    Jaana:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Boost Difficulty Difficulty Medicine Check
    Success 0 Advantage3
    Taliq: "Sure"
    Jaana: ^ just 3 strain recovered
    Mathus: (( I don’t think so. Mathus was told 3 sessions ago we couldn’t fix them with the supplies on hand. ))
    Vale: "can we breoadcast a messgae through the facility, and let the miners know the situation. SUrely they’d know where the equiptment is, and may ahve the engineers to fix some too
    3D-4K: ++"Sirs, the main comuter indicated that Lookout has deactivated… was that your doing?"
    Mathus: ++Bastard was using a Clown Car to blow them up… we blew him up.++
    Taliq: (( Please tell me Lookout was the saboteur XD ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Cool Check
    Success 2 Advantage1
    Mathus: Mathus recovers 2 Strain
    3D-4K: ++Excellent news! I managed to find a group of miners on the security circut! I will patch them through…++
    Jaana: Jaana recovers 2 Strain
    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Mechanics Check
    Success 1 Advantage2
    Vale: Vale recovers 5 Wounds
    Vale: Vale recovers 3 Strain
    Marv: ++Friends, i don’t know what the kriffing frell you’re doing out here but you have our gratitude. Come back in so I can buy you a round!++
    Mathus: +Sounds good.+
    • Mathus eventually patches the ship’s strain
      back to 0.



    Transition wipe to the complex….





    Vale: "I could do with a drink… We;re not walking into some crazy trap are we? Why would we be? What am I even saying….whatever you gave me Jaana is goooood."
    Jaana has received initiative.
    Jaana has received initiative.
    • Taliq laughs at Vale











    Taliq:

    "I’ll have whatever he got"



    Taliq: (( HOLY SH- we just saved a lot of
    lives XD ))



    Cantina’s been cleansed of dead people





    Taliq: "So… how’s the mining business these days?"
    • Mathus just takes a deep sigh of relief,
      drinks heavily.






    Marv: "Could be better, actually."
    Marv: "Like I said, you have our gratitudes, but our secretary was a little hazy on why you’re here."
    Mathus: "Apologies about the mess in the smelting room, by the way."
    Marv:
    • Marv glances at Mathus "We’ll get to that…"
    • Mathus frowns, sighs, takes another drink.

  • Mathus lets the others do the talking.


  • Vale: (( is Lowurra here? ))


    Vale: (( I’ll pipe up if Drookie is off
    working ))



    Jshock-GM: (( yep ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, he’s probably working if
    he’s not piping up ))


  • Taliq smiles and nods and steps aside





  • Taliq: "Hey Chef! Got any more of that steak?"
    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll bring in Vex ))
    Chef: "Sure do!"
    Jaana: "We were hired by the new owner to do a bit of assessment on how well things are goign here…"
    • Jaana is just leaning on a door frame, arms
      crossed.. not drinking






    Marv: "Hmmf. Yeah, I heard Joxx lost his share; who’s the new boss?"
    Jaana: "Bargus.. (sp?).."
    Vale: Bargos?
    Jshock-GM: (( bargos ))
    Vale: (( we’re also here for his cut right? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( sorry ))
    • Jaana chooses not to elaborate at this
      time…


  • Taliq drops 10 credits on the counter to pay
    for her steak



  • Mathus: (( Right. 100,000 credits, IIRC. ))








    Lowurra III of Kashykk:

    Raaaarrrrrr (the esteemed Bargos is
    the new boss of this place. We have been sent to collect his
    distribution







    Marv: "Well, frankly, things are crap, and that was before our droids decided to throw a revolt."
    Marv:
    • Marv looks at the wookiee
    Marv: "You CAN’T Be serious! We barely have enough to pay our wages and fix all this damage here!"
    Taliq: "Yeah… they sure made a mess of things… I’m sorry you lost people."
    Jaana: brb
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrraawrrrrr (You can try and throw yourself on the mercy of a Hutt…)
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: rrrrarw (or…. you could try and come up with a sound plan on a turnaround that will make much more money
    Marv: "and thank you VERY much for turning our smelter room into a new lake, mr. fixit! You know how much catalyst COSTS!?"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: rrrrrr (with a small influx of 100,000 creds)
    Vale: (( My other Star Wars character is called Fix’t so I just giggled ))
    Marv: "HE’S A HUTT!?"
    • Mathus nods.





    Mathus: "Yes, he’s a cousin of Jabba."
    Marv: "We are so screwed…"
    Vale: "SO you see why it would be a bad idea to get on his bad side… As would it be for us…"
    Mathus: (( Cousin, right? I think he’s a cousin." ))
    Vale: "I think I ahve a solution…"
    Mathus: "Mm?"
    • Mathus glances at Vale.


    Jshock-GM: (( they’re ALL cousins, as far as
    you can tell. ))






    Vale: "But we would need compensation from you, and I would ahve to confer in private with my colleagues."
    • Taliq chews on her steak, casually listening
      in






    Marv: "Fine, take your time…"
    • Mathus sighs, glances at Vale.





    Marv: "Bonda, take my blaster… don’t want to tempt myself…"
    • Vale shrugs just hear me out, not like we
      have to go through with it.






    Mathus: "We’re listening."
    Vale: (( I guess we relocate to somewhere more private? ))
    Taliq: "You go ahead, I’ll keep our friends company."
    • Taliq smiles warmly at Marv


    Jshock-GM: (( do what you want… miners are
    busy lamenting that they now work for a Hutt ))



    Taliq: (( Yeah, it’d SUCK to be working for
    a hu- oh wait :P
    ))



    Tygaran has connected.


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( on the plus side –
    more likely to get us our monies ))



    Jshock-GM: (( you’re starting to catch on.;D
    ))






    Vale: "So, I’m not sure there’ws 100k creds in this place. We go back with anything less and we’ll ahve only done half the job. Perhaps, we can ship tyhese guys with us…for a payment of course, and then take out the final genrator ourselves. NO body needs to know that it wasn’t the droid. Hutt gets his insurance (if they do that in this universe :P)
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( because who screws over a hutt? ))
    Vale: "They get out, and we ahve a better story than, "Oh we only got half your stuff."
    Vale: "It would ahve happened anyway without our interference
    Vale: "we drop the miners off somewhere and no body is the wiser…hopefully. THoughts?"
    Marv: "That sounds great. One big, fat problem; this place ain’t ensured, pal."
    Jaana: "Any guess as to the salvage vaklue of what’s left here?"
    Marv: "Bah, I dunno… we’re talking specialized mining equipment and scrap metal."
    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus, no need to whisper ))
    Mathus: (( Oh, right. I’m trying to remember; the security vids we found showed the droids speaking to a non-droid, right? ))
    Jaana: "Well Vale, maybe you can weave a tale of an exaggerating poker player. Gave Bargos a false sense of the place’s value…"
    • Vale nods thoughtfully, a wry grin forming.


    Jshock-GM: (( that’s right; the EV was
    talking to a Sullustan pilot. His ship’s on the other pad ))



    Mathus: (( Still is? Or was? ))

  • Mathus hrms, goes to Marv.





  • Mathus: "Actually, maybe you can explain this…?"
    • Mathus shows him the security footage of a
      droid talking to the Sullustan.






    Marv: "Listen: we’ve got credits on hand. but with this mess, we’ve got to save a big chunk of it for expenses."
    Marv: "Never seen ’em. Maybe he was selling them those blasters?"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Raawrr (Wait – is the other ship still here? With a dead crew?)
    Mathus: "Or encouraging them to riot…"
    Mathus: "Perhaps… we haven’t checked the other bay yet.
    Mathus: (( Er, other pad. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so, here’s the breakdown Mav is proposing: ))
    Taliq: "Every revolution needs an arms dealer… Stupid droids."
    Taliq: "No offense chef. Good steak!"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrrrawrrrrr (Did you know the wookiee word for crisis is the same as the wookie word for opportunity?0
    Jshock-GM: They have 165k on hand
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrrwaaawrrr (They’re both, ‘rrraaawrr’)
    Mathus: "Isn’t that the same word for ‘night’ as well?"
    Jshock-GM: They need 2k per miner (24k)
    Taliq: (( Drek, you’re killing me XD ))
    Jshock-GM: 10k worth of supplies
    Taliq: (( Quick, someone make an accounting check!! ))
    Jshock-GM: 12k for the smaller droids
    Vale: "We take the 100k, ship you guys off, destroy the facility, none the wiser still, give the hutt the creds, spin a tale of it happening as we left and us figuring he’d want his money back as we weren’t equpped to take on a droid uprising… Youg yus are free, we’ve done our job (got the creds and assessed the opeation- It isn’t). ONly thing is you guyds are out of a job. Better than slavery hey?
    Taliq: (( how much are the smaller droids? ))
    Vale: "Does that sound like it has any problems to anyone?"
    • Vale mostly is speaking to his own group.





    Vale: "Oh and we’d need some of that 65k left over for you know, expenses.
    Mathus: (( I’ll wait to hear the miners’ breakdown first. ))
    Vale: (( yeppers ))
    Jshock-GM: (( they need 126k total to replace everything ))
    Jshock-GM: (( whoops, 131… forgot the droid in the Clown Car. Leaves 34k for you ))
    Mathus: (( Which leaves 39k to us. ))
    • Mathus will wait to hear what the miners
      think of Vale’s suggestion.






    Taliq: "You guys have someplace else to go? I may still have some contacts on Kessel…"
    • Taliq grins and keeps chewing on her steak


    Mathus: (( Also, how well will Vale spin that
    against a hutt? ))






    Vale: "I’m jsut trying to work out a way eveyrone gets somnething without the hutt killing us all."
    Vale: "Anyone got anyhting better, I’m all ears."
    Jshock-GM: (( About as well as he did against Teemo. :D ))
    Vale: (( False confidence! Master Hutter! ))
    Jaana: (( so, option a1)salvage the business, but Bargos only gets 34k now… Options2) oay the miners that 24k, Bargos his 100, and we keep the rest for transport fees/expenses ))
    Marv: ’You’re nuts. Working for a Hutt sucks, but at least we can put a bit of food on the plate."
    • Mathus hrms.


    Vale: (( Or c) tell the truth and hope for the
    best XD ))






    Mathus: "Let’s see if this other ship is still here first, okay?"
    Vale: (( Might catch him on a good day XD ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: rawrrrrrr (you don’t appeal to a Hutt’s reason)
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrawarrr (You appeal to his greed)
    • Mathus nods.





    Vale: "Right."
    Mathus: "The ship’s a wild card; perhaps we could deliver that to Bargos as well."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Groorooo (Marv – can you compile a rough estimate of the marginal benefit of having highly trained miners versus slave? Anything that can highlight additional yield would be useful)
    you march out to the other pad, past the large doors in the cargo bay… the freighter basically looks like a cargo pod with a cockpit welded onto it. The Sullustan is inside, a neat blaster hole through his forehead.
    • Mathus hmms.


    Taliq: (( huh… well that’s interesting…
    ))






    Jaana: "So… values of this bucket of bolts??"
    Mathus: "Alright… let’s make some quick estimates of how much the ship, and his wares, are worth."
    • Mathus tries to value it.





    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrrrwweeerrr (We can also offer the hutt the freighter together with the cargo – which we can claim is a welcoming gift, to pay for the hutt’s… understanding)
    • Vale looks for identifcation, or anything
      that might yield some clues






    Marv: ’What a piece of junk…"
    Taliq: "I’m with the wookiee on this one. We just need to make it look like Bargos comes out on top in the long run."
    Mathus: "Or we see if the droids had help here…"
    • Mathus will try to value the ship & the
      cargo… and then check Sullustan’s logs for incriminating evidence.






    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrrawrr (And harvest what you can from the droid’s memory core. The hutt can use it to implant rebellious algorithms in his trade opponent’s droid infrastructure)
    Marv: ’Bah, should have mindwiped the kriffing things when we had the chance, but that costs, ya know?"
    • Mathus hmms.





    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rwooorrrr (That alone would be worth the loss of 100,000 creds)
    Mathus: "That is… a vicious, underhanded idea, Lowurra!"
    • Mathus grins.


    Jshock-GM: (( Ok; you can bargain with the
    droid later if you want, but you’ll have to take it with. Marv wants a
    new one anyway, for obvious reasons. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( you talking with all of the
    miners about this? Or are you just going to let Marv tell it like it is
    later/ ))



    Mathus: (( Just Marv, I think. ))





    Taliq: "You should never trust droids… No offense, Chef. Great steak!"
    Chef:
    • Chef would wink if his photoreceptors worked
      like that.
    Taliq: "What is this seasoning? Did you use manaanian salt?"
    Mathus: (( So lemme get this straight: our plan is to take the 34k and try to make up the rest with the Cargo Freighter and the Subversive Droid Routines, right? ))
    Chef: "Sure do!"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and wookiee lawgic ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( see what I did thar ))
    Jshock-GM: (( mathus, can you give us an Easy mechanics? ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Ability Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Mechanics Check
    Success 1 Triumph1
    Mathus: (( Badaboom. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah; the engineering on that freighter scares you senseless just looking at it. ))
    Jaana: (( that and the truth… if he wants the rest of th emoney he can choose to shut the placve down. If he wants long term invetment profit, he can accetp the current losses and blame his gambling partner for a falsely stated current value… ))
    Taliq: "Have you considered hiring some organics to replace the lost droids? Always refugees displaced by Imperial expansion looking for work…"
    • Taliq shrugs


    Jshock-GM: (( You would have to give someone
    money to take it. ))



    Taliq: (( Yeah, cause THAT’s the check you
    wanted to roll a triumph on :P
    ))



    Mathus: (( Damn; can we load up the remaining
    cargo onto our own ship then? ))



    Vale: (( SO really we’d jsut insult the hutt
    if we wer elike "hey misse dout on you 100k but here’s a box that may or
    may not fly?" ))



    Vale: (( :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( sure; only thing of value were
    some cheap blaster rifles the droids were using thoigh. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll brb ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( look, clearly we need
    the miners to give us the technical expertise and language ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( to craft a very good
    presentation ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( showing that a
    re-investment of the Hutt’s money ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( takes advantage of an
    excellent debt-leverage position ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( which he can use
    knowing he has the value of the claim itself as collateral ))



    Taliq: (( You said words XD ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and use the slag-clean
    up costs ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( as an environmental
    tax credit ))



    Mathus: (( Breaking out the lawbooks? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( back ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( hey ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( wouldn’t be the first
    time a passing knowledge of P3 projects has been useful ))


  • Jshock-GM’s head spins, faints


  • Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( basically ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I can craft an
    proposal ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( that’s largely pure
    obfuscation ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( but we need the miners
    to pull some weight, and use their specialized knowledge of the industry
    ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( to give us any numbers
    they can which we can manipulate ))



    Mathus: (( BTW Jshock, they’re scrapping the
    Wookie-ized lifting droid, right? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( you explaining this to Marv? ))





    Jaana: "Lok, let’s just take the leftovers back to Bargos. So he didn’t get the full 100k this time. There were extenuating circumstances. He may be a HUtt, but he’s also a busisinessman. Any current loss on the vension can be blamed on the poor managedment of the guy he won the place from."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( to show that re-investment is by far the best idea ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and yes, I would to Marv privately ))
    Jshock-GM: (( They’re repairing both of them ))
    Vale: "SOunds good."
    Jshock-GM: (( this sounds like negotiation ))
    Taliq: "This probably doesn’t help, but is there ANY CHANCE that we get this droid out of the deal?"
    Jaana: "We’ve done our assement, and the full 100k just isn’t available at the present time. Our job is done."
    Mathus: (( How much would it cost to replace the lifter droid wholesale? ))
    Mathus: (( Or rather, just its brain? ))
    Taliq: "Becuase if not, I may have to take up mining…"
    Jshock-GM: (( Someone give me a 2d Negotiation…. 2 boost since you saved the miners and didn’t shoot the chef ))
    • Jaana rolls her eyes





    Jaana: -.- "I’ll be readying the ship for departure again, once the rest of you are finished…"
    • Mathus nods at Jaana.





    Vale: "I’ll help."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Boost Boost Difficulty Difficulty Negotiation Check
    Success 1 Advantage2
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( whew! and I double faulted both difficulty dies ))
    Marv: "Alright, I’m convinced you might be able to talk us out of this Bargos’s fury somehow. I think it’ll take a bit more, so how about this; I might be able to pull a feww strings, shop around for some used droids…"
    Taliq: (( I never got around to suggesting Plan 9… we murder all the miners, take the 100K to Bargos, keep the rest for ourselves, and tell him he needs to rehire a few staff members :P ))
    Taliq: (( jk ))
    Jshock-GM: (( he can lower the costs a bit; 20k for a airspeeder, 4000 for large droids, 3000 for small droids, 6000 supplies, 1000 wages. ))
    Mathus: (( How much does that leave for us now?" ))
    Jshock-GM: (( calculating ))
    Taliq: (( That’s a pretty decent reduction ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I’m coming up with 80k flat ))
    Mathus: (( Nice. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 80k leftover that is ))
    Mathus: (( So we get 80k now. Much better. ))
    Mathus: "Mhm. Mind if we have the droid that crashed through the wall?"
    Marv: "That’s a pretty solid chunk, right? Tell ’im we can have the rest if he gives us some time to tap deeper or something."
    Vale: "Ship shape, ship shape, this is my ship shape song. Pressin’ the buttons, fluffin’ the seat, nothing will ever go wrong."
    Tygaran: so.. early work come morning, so I’m heading out. I’ll assume plans are finished on this world and we’ll be starting next time dealign with Bargo again…
    Chef: "Oh, we need our loadlifters. They’re pretty busted up, but those things are way more than 4k to replace."
    Jshock-GM: (( whoops, wrong buttonitis ))
    Mathus: "How about just the droid brain?"
    Taliq: (( ’night Tyg! ))
    Taliq: (( gg ))
    Tygaran: cya text time people
    Jshock-GM: (( wow, didn’t realize it was midnight ))
    Jshock-GM: (( he’s not giving up the loadlifters. 4k is for repairs. ))
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Mathus: (( Not even the droid brain? ))
    Taliq: (( Just DL it to a flash drive :P ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I too must rolll ))
    Taliq: (( ’night Drekkan! gg ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I’m guessing droid brains dont work like that ))
    Vale: Night Drekkan
    Taliq: "You don’t want that load lifter’s brain, Mathus. It was defective. If you’re looking for a quality droid, look right here!!"
    • Taliq points at Chef

  • Mathus frowns.





  • Mathus: "That loadlifter saved us all, Taliq."
    Mathus: (( Hrm… really tempted to swap it out with a spare droid brain we have in the mech room’s scrap or something. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Huh, ok… ))
    Mathus: (( What would it take to take that "droid" with us? Short of outright stealing it? ))
    Taliq: "No, Lowurra did."
    Taliq: "Don’t get sentimental Mathus, it was just a droid."
    Taliq: "… no offence Chef."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrrawwrrr (leave it knucklehead. Focus on what matters…. not angering the Hutt)
    Marv: "Hey, you got a spare TX unit to plug into that unit? Knock yourself out. We’re wiping them anyway."
    • Mathus hmms, nods.


    Mathus: (( We can manage that, right? ))


    Taliq: (( Jury rig one :P
    ))



    Taliq: (( What could possibly go wrong? XD ))


    Mathus: (( Should have a spare TX unit amidst
    the droid parts we "inherited". ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Give me a HArd computers; sort
    of a mental catalog of what you’ve got stowed back there.. ))






    Mathus: Mathus spends a Destiny Point!
    Mathus:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Computers Check
    Success 0 Failure1 Advantage3
    Mathus: (( DAMN… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( not so fast… ))
    Mathus: (( I apologize in advance for any devious plans the GM gets from this. ))
    Mathus <u>thinks</u> he can adapt the brains from a damaged gonk he saw back there (a Hard Mechanics and Computers check)
    Mathus: (( Alright, gonna spend two more Destiny on that since we’re nearing the end of the session… ))
    Mathus: Mathus spends a Destiny Point!
    Mathus: Mathus spends a Destiny Point!
    Jshock-GM: (( Oh, there will be blood, if this is going where i think it is… ))
    Mathus:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Mechanics Check
    Success 4 Advantage1
    Mathus:
    Ability Proficiency Proficiency Proficiency Difficulty Difficulty Difficulty Computers Check
    Success 3
    Jshock-GM: (( …The surgery is complete. ))
    Mathus: "No, wait, I think we can…"
    Mathus: A HALF-HOUR LATER
    Mathus: "…There!"
    Taliq: (( …. uh oh! ))
    Mathus powers on the droid briefly to make sure everything is working; it does seem to respond to proper inputs, but constantly responds with GonkGonk
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( aight, now truly night time ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( ciao y’all ))
    Mathus: "…Gonk?"
    Drookiee is disconnected.
    Jshock-GM: (( Maybe we should handle the rest of this on the forums? I think there’s an online roller somewhere (Google Hangouts definitely has one) ))
    Mathus: (( Yep, sounds good. ))
    Taliq: (( There’s a roller that lets you do it by email too ))
    Jshock-GM: (( orly? ))
    Mathus: I usually prefer Invisible Castle.
    Jshock-GM: (( IC has an EotE roller? ))
    Xie: ’aight I should go get some sleep too, big day at work tomorrow
    Xie: ’night all, gg!!! :D
    Mathus: (( Oh, right… derp. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I guess you could use the conversion chart with IC ))
    Xie: JShock – email me the log and I’ll process and post it
    Jshock-GM: (( sure ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, that too. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( coo coo ))
    Xie: ’night guys, gg
    Xie is disconnected.

    Debts to Pay - Session 7

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Xie