Debts to Pay - Session 3

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
JeffG has connected.
JeffG: I don’t see Drekken on Skype either; I’ll holler at him if I do.
Jshock-GM: You must not be getting emails from the forums… he’s out tonight
JeffG: Ah, pity.
JeffG: BTW, you decided which planet Bargos the Hutt’s on?
Jshock-GM: No, suppose I should give it a name…
  • JeffG was wondering more planet
    characteristics, actually.









JeffG:

Stuff Mathus could roll an Outer Rim
knowledge check on so the party could have some idea what they’re
visiting.










Jshock-GM:

MAke me a planet, then









JeffG:

Hrm…









Jshock-GM:

Guidelines; outer rim, criminally
oriented.










JeffG:

How close to Tattoine/Ryloth is it?









Jshock-GM:

Within a jump-ish.









JeffG:

Really close? Somewhat far away? Or
"halfway across the galaxy"?










JeffG:

Okay.


  • Jshock-GM wookieepedias for info on the
    Arkanis sector (the region of space you’re currently in)…









  • JeffG:

    Got a few of them up myself.









    JeffG:

    Smuggler’s Run seems interesting, but
    it’d be an adventure just getting to it.




    JeffG: (( Group of asteroids under Hutt control
    that usually requires a guide or very good piloting. ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Ah









    JeffG:

    Let’s see, no planets that really
    fit well yet…










    JeffG:

    Siskeen & Naos both have vague entries
    at best, though.










    JeffG:

    So they’re ripe for "whatever you
    want".










    JeffG:

    It also looks like the Hutts prefer
    moist swampland.










    Jshock-GM:

    Jabba lived in a desert









    JeffG:

    Read the Nal Hutta entry on Pg.360.



    Xie has connected.








    Xie:

    Xie in da house!









    Jshock-GM:

    Awww sheet

























    JeffG:

    BTW, no Drekken tonight.









    Xie:

    Have I asked you guys about Ingress
    yet?










    JeffG:

    About what?









    Jshock-GM:

    That’s a no; who or what is Ingress?









    Xie:

    If you have an android









    Xie:

    Ingress is a game for Android phones









    Xie:

    The game world is a mirror of the real
    world, you have to capture and control actual places, like
    scultures and architecture an’ shit










    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, Wil Wheaton was talking about it
    at one point










    Xie:

    Its in Beta, but if you have an
    android and agree to join my team I’ll send you an invite :P










    Xie:

    Oh yeah?









    Xie:

    "While the game looks very intriguing
    to me, I’m profoundly concerned about sharing my location with
    strangers, and if I can’t be anonymous, I won’t be playing the
    game."










    Jshock-GM:

    I didn’t recognise it until I saw the
    wikipedia article










    Xie:

    lol it doesn’t share your location.
    Well I guess it kind of does :P










    Xie:

    While you can’t see where other
    players are you do get notifications like "BeatinWheaton has
    captured Che Guevara Statue" or whatever :P










    Jshock-GM:

    So, like what happens if two people
    are trying to take a location at once?










    Xie:

    "Personally, I use the game as an
    excuse to get my fat ass out in the world"










    Xie:

    What that guy said :P









    Xie:

    Hahaha, whoever runs out of gear first
    loses it? :P










    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, capturing takes resources, got it









    Xie:

    Yeah









    Xie:

    You have to farm like an MMO









    Jshock-GM:

    Gods









    Xie:

    But you farm by walking your arse
    around town seeing interesting shit :P










    JeffG:

    BTW, what’s our total Obligation ATM?









    Xie:

    One million


  • Jshock-GM checks his table








  • Jshock-GM:

    50. Looking to take out a loan?









    Xie:

    I swear if you roll up Taliq again
    I’ma stab a bitch










    Xie:

    (Preferably that shadowy bugger that’s
    been following me around :3)










    Jshock-GM:

    You got a creeper?









    Xie:

    Taliq’s got stalkers









    Xie:

    One of them is this crazy mechanic…









    JeffG:

    BTW Xie, you mind paying 300 credits
    for party survival gear?










    Xie:

    jk :P









    JeffG:

    If each of us pays 300 credits, we can
    buy enough spacesuits, tents, and thermal cloaks for everyone.










    Xie:

    Don’t we have a party treasury for
    that? But no, I don’t _










    JeffG:

    Ah right.









    Xie:

    Yeah that’s a good idea, count me in









    Xie:

    Taliq’s got tonnes of cash after
    FAILING to actually buy anything last session XD










    JeffG:

    Actually, NM, it’ll come out of the
    group fund.










    Jshock-GM:

    If you guys plan on flying the Krayt
    Fang vacc’d… I’ll send boarders on anyway to take out your O2
    generator










    JeffG:

    Jshock, please note the Group Treasury
    is now 4200 credits.










    Xie:

    LOLOLOL









    JeffG:

    That’s enough to give all 5 of us
    spacesuits, thermal cloaks, and breath masks.










    JeffG:

    It also buys 2 tents & an Emergency
    Survival Kit for the group.










    JeffG:

    …Actually, make that 4000 credits.


  • JeffG tosses in a spare Spacesuit, a
    Climbing Kit, and 5 glowrods.









  • JeffG:

    Sound good, J?









    Jshock-GM:

    Fine by me; it’s your payola









    Xie:

    Of course now that we have all that
    survival gear….










    Xie:

    JShock is thinking of ways we’ll need
    it :P










    JeffG:

    He would anyway.









    JeffG:

    I’ll jot down the party stores & ship
    equipment in the forum post-session.










    JeffG:

    Doubt it’ll be an issue today.









    Xie:

    Not sure where Tim got to









    Xie:

    As he was going to bed he said he was
    looking forward to Star Wars today










    Xie:

    Maybe he slept in :P









    JeffG:

    Maybe.









    Jshock-GM:

    I wonder where Tyg is; he’s usually
    ready to pounce when I put the server up










    JeffG:

    shrug



    JeffG says to the GMs: Mathus added a weapon








    Jshock-GM:

    Want to see something neat?









    JeffG:

    …Maybe?









    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (62)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (64)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (63)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (83)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (82)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (78)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    Mathus (Favor) (10)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (81)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    Mathus (Favor) (10)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    Lowurra (?) (25)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    None (64)










    Jshock-GM:

    Victim of obligation:
    Lowurra (?) (24)










    Xie:

    XD









    Xie:

    I don’t see taliq coming up at all, I
    approve










    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, I can totally stack this roll.



    JeffG says to the GMs: Mathus added a weapon








    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, you’re adding your superior gloves



    JeffG says to the GMs: Mathus updated their character sheet








    JeffG:

    No, I’m adding my equipment to the
    Weapons section.




    JeffG says to the GMs: Mathus added a weapon








    Jshock-GM:

    I have to get Daelkyr to add weapon
    info to rolls










    JeffG:

    An Equipment section would also be
    nice.










    Jshock-GM:

    He might be working on that already; I
    know his big push ATM is for ship sheets




    JeffG says to the GMs: Mathus updated their character sheet








    JeffG:

    Alright.









    JeffG:

    I just added them as "custom" weapons.









    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, works for me









    JeffG:

    Mathus has 1900 credits left.









    Xie:

    Just as soon as they add support for
    JavaScript to MapTool I’ll be all over it










    Xie:

    :P










    JeffG:

    BTW, can I pick up Stun Grenades on
    whatever planet we’re going to? Or try to?










    JeffG:

    Didn’t want to waste time last session
    on buying those.










    Jshock-GM:

    Presumably, if you end up with the
    time…










    JeffG:

    We should make it a habit of asking
    everyone we work for for grenades.










    JeffG:

    "Why?" "Because they’re BLOODY USEFUL!"









    Jshock-GM:

    Write that in to all contracts: must
    have grenades










    JeffG:

    And when things invariably go tits up,
    we can whine about how much easier it would be with grenades.










    JeffG:

    "A complimentary box of grenades."









    Xie:

    Just take payment in grenades









    JeffG:

    You know how hard it is to buy rations
    with grenades?










    Xie:

    high paying jobs pay thermal detonators









    JeffG:

    They aren’t universal currency, dammit!









    Jshock-GM:

    Pretty hard.









    Xie:

    I think it’s pretty easy









    Xie:

    "Gimme food. Why? Because I’m holding
    a thermal detonator…"










    JeffG:

    That only works so often.









    Jshock-GM:

    What you’re thinging of isn’t "buying"









    Xie:

    XD









    JeffG:

    BTW, I vote for "What is Love" to be
    our space theme song.










    Jshock-GM:

    DAN DAN DAA DAA DAA DAN DAN DAA DAA DAA










    JeffG:

    Apparently Hallway and escaping an
    alien mothership go well together.











    Xie:

    XD









    Xie:

    I was hoping that TOR would be a lot
    more than it was :P










    Jshock-GM:

    So, massively slopoke… but Dark
    Souls is very hard










    JeffG:

    …Yes, and the sky’s blue.









    Jshock-GM:

    I ge the feeling that the gentlemen
    who keep invading me and slaughtering me like a defenseless lamb
    have beaten the game a few times










    Xie:

    Dark Souls?










    Xie:

    Oh, that action RPG set in an open
    world










    Xie:

    Published by Namco









    Jshock-GM:

    yeah, it was on sale for $20









    Xie:

    Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki









    Xie:

    (I 3 the internet XD)









    Xie:

    (I 3 the internet)









    Xie:

    (I HEART the internet damnit XD)









    Xie:

    Stupid sanitizing angular brackets









    Xie:

    <









    Xie:

    HA!









    Jshock-GM:

    I’m not sure why chat kills single
    angulars










    Xie:

    I <3 the internet









    Jshock-GM:

    You use HTML?









    Xie:

    I had to use & lt;









    JeffG:

    Yep.









    Xie:

    Being a web developer has few
    advantages, one of them is knowing a couple of escape characters :P










    Jshock-GM:

    Still doesn’t explain why they
    disappear. It’s not hypertext until it closes, right?










    Jshock-GM:

    Markup, I mean









    Xie:

    Yeah









    Xie:

    But they’re probably just stripping
    out all < and > characters from all input










    Xie:

    it’s a lazy way to prevent malicious
    input :P










    Xie:

    A better approach would be to just
    replace them with <lt; and <gt;








    Jshock-GM:
    Xie: I mean &lt; and &gt; :P
    Jshock-GM: Well, if nobody else shows by 9:30 I’m calling it a wash.
    JeffG: Damn, K.
    Jshock-GM: What am I supposed to do? Run with 2?
    JeffG: YES! Mwahahaha…
    JeffG: Mathus & Taliq’s Happy Fun Dating Attempt.
    JeffG: Of course this will end well…
    Jshock-GM: "Could do "Mos Shuuta story"… :D
    Jshock-GM: All communication must be done through song, combat is handled through interpretive dance
    Jshock-GM: Huh? Huh?
    Jshock-GM: No takers?
    Xie: XD
    JeffG:
    Xie: "The Long Reach of the Hutt – The Musical"
    JeffG: Ah, there’s Tyg.
    Tygaran has connected.
    Jshock-GM: You missed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
    Tygaran: totally lost track o ftiem watching a let’s play of Grandia 2.. =/
    Tygaran: but, I see a distinct lack of full group anyway
    Jshock-GM: Damn you, Youtube… DAMN YOU!!!
    Jshock-GM: Yeah, Drekkan’s called out, Tim’s MIA
    Xie: Yeah dunno where Tim got to
    Xie: I’ll check my chat log
    Xie: Yeah, he definitely said he was going to bed so he could get up for Star Wars
    Xie: Not the other thing :P
    Jshock-GM: Oh, wait; just saw him turn green
    Xie: Yeah he should be omw
    FoxyGrif has connected.
    Jshock-GM: Uh, OK… anyone have any last minute business to attend to?
    Xie: Niet
    • JeffG is good to go.








    JeffG:

    Oh BTW guys, quick question:









    JeffG:

    You mind if we spend 2,000 of our
    6,000-credit party pool for survival gear?










    JeffG:

    Enough spacesuits & thermal cloaks for
    everyone, basically.










    FoxyGrif:

    HI Hi









    JeffG:

    Plus a Crash Survival Kit, 2 Tents, a
    Climbing Kit, and 5 Glowrods.










    FoxyGrif:

    Map not visible…that’s the way it is
    right? THat’s not a problem on my end?










    Jshock-GM:

    Ryloth should be









    FoxyGrif:

    Oh









    FoxyGrif:

    Duh doi









    FoxyGrif:

    Fuzzzzzy :P






    Vale:

    EDGE OF THE EMPIRE
    DEBTS TO PAY


    When we last left the crew of the Krayt Fang, they were attempting to retrieve their ship from TRELLIK HIVE, the domain of the irate DUKE DIMMOCK.


    The crew managed to sneak into the holding bay where the ship was kept. Facing them were a guard of five Geonosians; working quickly, the crew staged an ambush, taking the guards out in a firefight. The bay’s technicians threw in a monkeywrench in the form of a BINARY LOADLIFTER, but the part time slicer MATHUS managed to stop the juggernaut before it could do any harm.


    Escape off the surface was equally complicated, as the crew were followed by two flights of fighters after they launched… directly towards an asteroid field! Geonosian maneuvers were no mathc for the crew’s gunners TALIQ and JAANA, however. After jumping out of harms way, the crew dropped out of hyperspace and plotted a new course for RYLOTH, where they hope to meet up with some old friends…

    Jshock-GM: …where did you get that?
    Vale: oops
    Vale: It says recap un the campaign tab
    Vale: I thought it wa sa thing
    Vale: ANd I could get todays recap
    Vale: Guess i was wrong?
    Xie: XD
    Jshock-GM: It is a thing; it’s weird that it’s not putting out the new text though
    Vale: oooh
    Jshock-GM: Anyway; I’m rolling some dice and stuff
    Jshock-GM: Victim of obligation: None (91)
    Jshock-GM: The Destiny Pool has been set!
    Light Side Points2</image>Dark Side Points4</image>
    Jshock-GM: Will the real recap please stand up?
    Jshock-GM:

    EDGE OF THE EMPIRE
    DEBTS TO PAY


    When we last left our intrepid crew, they had just escaped a Geonosian holding bay, controlled by the spiteful DUKE DIMMJOCK..


    After the escape, the crew jumped back to the planet RYLOTH to meet up with their new acquiantance NYN to give her the weapons she had asked for. They also tried to arrange a meet with the infochant OTA to take the bounty money owed to them; Ota was not on the planet, but arranged for a courier to meet with the party…


    …the courier being VRIXXTT, the enigmatic Gand bounty hunter they encountered at DUKE PIDDOCK’S party! The Gand was merely there as a courier, of both the credits and a message from BIB FORTUNA, majordomo of the vile gangster JABBA THE HUTT! The message "requested" that the party fly to the ORTAX system to makes some easy credits from Jabba’s cousin BARGOS. How easy the credits are to be has yet to be determined…

    • Mathus is grimly ready to work for another
      Hutt. Again.









    Xie:

    Well at least we got SOME light side
    points :P




    Jshock-GM: (( can i assume you’re in transit
    to Ortax? ))



    Mathus: (( Yeah. ))


    Mathus: (( BTW, what knowledge roll to figure
    out more about the ORTAX system? ))









    Xie:

    Yeah Ortax is cool









    Jshock-GM:

    I think that’s galactic lore…


  • Jaana stows some of her more encubering gear
    on board the ship…



  • Mathus: (( Anyone have a good Lore skill? ))






    JeffG:




    Ability
    </image>
    Ability
    </image>
    Ability
    </image>
    Ability
    </image>
    Lore Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage1</image>
    Jaana: 3g is all
    Jshock-GM: (( oh, there’s an outer rim skill. So either. ))
    Mathus: (( I’ll go with the roll I had. ))
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Lore Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage2</image>
    • Jaana seems to know a little something


    Jshock-GM: (( fine by me. You know it’s a
    slave planet – an open market for flesh peddlers. What do you want with
    your Adv? ))






    Jaana: assume Taliq won’t end up on the slave block…? :P
    Jaana: ^ assurance
    • Mathus would be popping Peptobismol if we
      had any.



    Mathus: (( A boost on our next check? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( fine by me; there’s a boost on
    the table ))



    Jshock-GM: (( anything else? ))


    Mathus: (( That’s good; drawing a blank on
    anything else we might need. Aside from another potential useful clue? ))



    Mathus: (( Notice a single important point or
    something. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Hmm. Local laws (not disclosed
    by the usual navibeacon info): It’s technically an Imperial planet…
    but, like Tatooine, the local laws are incredibly lax. Don’t raise a
    fuss with the locals, no one should bother you. ))



    after a short jump, the crew of the Krayt Fang arrive outside of
    Orlox IV. As the rumor mill indicated, the local system lars are light;
    they barely seem to give your transponder info a cursory check as you
    attempt to berth…


  • Jaana applies a degree of camo paint to her
    dark grey laminate armor during the trip to the new planet…



  • Jshock-GM: (( cutting tokens ))

  • Jaana attempts to treat Taliw’s injuries
    once again, shortly before arrival…



  • Jshock-GM: (( sure ))


    Mathus: (( Actually, wouldn’t they have healed?
    1 wound per day, and we were in drydock a week. ))









    Jaana:

    .. just a ssoon as my token appears
    somewhere again…




    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, they would have. ))








    Vale:

    XD









    Xie:

    Yeah I can’t even /im :P



    Jaana: (( ah, hadn’t realized it was that long ))


    Jaana: (( I imagine he cut us to a new map, which
    has yet to be revealed to us ))



    Unknown command: "oc Correct. I suck.". Try /help for a
    list of commands.


    Jshock-GM: (( correctumundo! I suck. ))

  • Jaana lands in a comic book





  • Vale: THe WOokie is a nonocole
    Vale: WOOKIECEPTION
    Xie: XD
    The emessage gave you a contact; Genko, a Toydarian
    Taliq: "This looks inviting."
    Vale: "Let’s find this damn Genko and be out of here."
    • Mathus stifles a groan.

  • Mathus nods in agreement with Vale.


  • Taliq: (( This from a comic JShock? XD ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yes,[ though I have no idea
    which; grabbed it from Wookieepedia ))






    Taliq: "What, we’re not going to stop to do any shopping?"
    Taliq: (( TROLOLLOL ))
    Mathus: "NO."
    • Taliq shrugs





    Taliq: Taliq recovers 5 Wounds
    Taliq: Taliq recovers 1 Strain
    Taliq: "Hey Jaana, thanks again for healing me up 5-6 days ago…"
    Taliq: (( :3 ))
    Jaana: "Just try and be more careful."
    • Jaana looks over the crowds





    Jaana: "So, where do we even start looking?"
    • Mathus shrugs.


    The streets of Orlax bustle with the sound of slave markets





    Mathus: "Where would a Toydarian hang out here?"
    Jshock-GM: (( You recieved a com channel ID with the message; you may contact him at any time. ))
    Jaana: "Junk repair shop?"
    Taliq: (( That’s racist :P ))
    Taliq: "If I were a toydarian, where would I be…"
    Taliq: "Maybe we should find a cantina?"
    Jaana: "Well Vale.. you’re the smooth talker. You’re the one to call this Genko."
    Vale: "Why?"
    Vale: "RIght."
    Vale: "/ooc lol the why was the Tal :P
    Vale: (( oops ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: GROWWWLLLLL (Let us conduct our business and go; I would be upset if I saw friends on the block.)
    Taliq: (( lol asynchronous chat ))
    • Vale makes hte call.


    Taliq: (( Ohayo Genko san! Genki desu ka? :3
    ))



    Genko responds; he soon meets you on the streets…





    Genko: "Friends! So glad you could make eet!"
    Taliq: "Naturally…"
    • Jshock-GM uses his generic Toydarian accent

  • Taliq smiles


  • Taliq: (( Probably at least a little racist :P
    ))


  • Mathus grits his teeth.





  • Vale: "Thanks a bunch… Anyways, what’s the job?"
    Mathus: (( "This is my Woody Allen impression." ))
    Genko: "Right thees way; Bargos has been dying to meet you all…"
    • Mathus cringes a bit.





    Mathus: "Bad choice of words there…"
    Genko: "I weel let heem explain."
    • Mathus groans a bit.





    Taliq: "And we live to meet Bargos!"
    Jaana: "Loosen up, Mathus."
    • Mathus doesn’t seem to loosen up.

  • Jaana follows Genko








  • Jshock-GM:

    Everyone maken an Easy (1d) Vigilance,
    please



  • Taliq slaps Mathus on the shoulder





  • Taliq: "It’ll be fine."
    Vale:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage1</image>
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage1</image>
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Difficulty </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage2</image>
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage2</image>
    Vale: (( turns out be3ing on an imperial slave planet makes you vigilant ))
    Taliq: (( Yeah go figure ))
    Jshock-GM: (( someone has a boost, too ))
    Jaana:
    Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 2
    Taliq: (( But nobody needs it because we all kick ass! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Jeffg, why don’t you roll it ))
    Mathus: (( K. ))
    Mathus:
    Boost </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 0
    Mathus: (( No dice, Mathus is still clueless. ))
    Mathus: (( Apparently he’s too dread-filled. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus seems to be distracted by the sights and sounds ))
    Jaana: (( it’s the scantilly clad twi’leks, isn’t it? :P ))
    Mathus: (( Oh HUSH. ))
    Taliq: (( lol ))
    • Mathus ‘s head nearly tilts 180 degrees as
      they pass the Twi’leks.



    Genko makes small talk as you walk along the streets. Soon you
    arrive at a town house; Bargos’s "palace".


  • Taliq raises an eyebrow


  • Jshock-GM: (( All but Mathus notice
    somethign a bit odd; a pair of Gammoreans across the street, trying to
    blend (and failing miserably)… ))



    Taliq: (( wait Twi’lek don’t have eyebrows :P
    ))


  • Taliq raises the ridge above an eye





  • Jaana: "Those Gammoreans belong to Bagos, Genko?" * thumbs at them *
    Taliq: "Subtle…" Taliq mumbles
    Genko: "Hm? Yeah, they’re ours…"
    Jaana: "Didn’t anyone ever tell you Gammoreans don’t know how to be inconspiquous?"
    Genko: "Come, master is waiteeng…"
    Mathus: "Hm?"
    • Mathus blinks, glances at Jaana.

  • Jaana finger pistols one of the gammoreans
    and continues inside…



  • the Gammorean looks alarmed… perhaps because you noticed him?


    Taliq: (( LOL ))

  • Mathus blinks, still confused, just shrugs
    and continues on.



  • A monoeye pops out of the door, begins looking you over and mildly
    interrogating you


  • Mathus looks like he’s sweating bullets.

  • Taliq grins at Jaana





  • Genko:
    • Genko dismisses the monoeye sentinel, ushers
      you inside…
    Jshock-GM: (( Cutting ))
    You are quickly brought before the master of the house: Bargos the Hutt.
    Jaana: (( one kinds slow asset… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Might be from the VBL; let me know if it turns into an issue ))
    Jaana: (( my.. what a .. lovely.. hutt /sarcasm… ))
    Bargos:
    • Bargos lifts his massive, rubbery arms in
      welcome as you enter…
    Mathus: (( He doesn’t just look scarred, he looks diseased. I expect an arm to fall off. ))
    Mathus: (( Zombie Hutt? ))
    Bargos: (Greetings, gentlebeings! So glad you could make it!)
    Jshock-GM: (( Hey, You take a disruptor to the face, see how you end up looking. ))
    Jaana: "Figured we could throw Jabba a bennie…"
    Taliq: (( Oh that’s right ))
    • Mathus , by this point, is desperately
      trying to contain his growing, gnawing fear.






    Taliq: "Always a pleasure…"
    • Taliq bows a little





    Bargos: (Let me cut to the chase; I am now part owner in an Oridium mine just coreward of the glorious Nal Hutta territories. The previous owner tells me said mine can provide a cut of 100,000 credits per year!)
    Bargos:
    • Bargos beams
    Bargos: (Good news for both me AND my associates, no?)
    Bargos:
    • Bargos smacks his chest with a meaty palm
    Jaana: "Profits can be useful."
    Taliq: "Congratulations…?"
    • Mathus bites his lip to keep his comments to
      himself.






    Bargos: (Your job is simple; Just travel to the mine and take a record of its operations. Nothing too detailed, but I want to know what kind of assets it has. i also want to know if the crew knows what it is doing, and if they are outfitted properly. Lastly, I want my first year’s cur collected! 100,000 credits. The mine should have it available on hand.)
    Jshock-GM: cut^
    Bargos:
    • Bargos chuckles lowly
    Jaana: "You able to tell if the mining operations are set up right, Mathus?"
    • Taliq forces a smile


    Mathus: (( ..Can I? ))





    Taliq: "We should be able to handle that."
    Jshock-GM: (( are you a mining engineer? ))
    • Mathus forces a smile.








    Mathus:

    "…I have no damn clue about mining
    operations. Do you?"







    Vale: "Riiiiiight. Can we get official documentation from you, a seal perhaps, so that it runs smoothly? We’d hate to run into any sort of violence."
    Vale: "Now would we?"
    Taliq: (( If all else fails we buy a disruptor rifle and finish the job… :P ))
    Bargos: (HA! Certainly. The mine owners know the previous owner’s share has changed hands; visitors shouldn’t be unexpected.)
    Taliq: (( Wait was this Jabba’s nephew or something? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Second cousin, twice removed. ))
    • Mathus starts thinking.





    Mathus: "…Can we have a box of grenades?"
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    Vale: "THat sounds very vague. WHat I am asking from you is an official seal, or holortecording, or anything that recognises you as the partner, so that we can go there, get your money smoothly and quickly. You want your credits quickly right?"
    Bargos: (…why would you need grenades? No.)
    Genko: "As the mighty Bargos said, friend… identification can be arranged."
    Vale: (( Oh sorry :P ))
    Vale: (( misunderstood ))
    • Mathus sighs, grumbles,





    Mathus: "If he knew how our last ‘simple’ run went, he’d know why we need grenades…"
    Vale: "Thank you
    • Taliq nods





    Bargos: (Do I look like your personal warehouse of illegal ordinance?)
    • Mathus gets deer in headlights look.





    Mathus: "No."
    Taliq: "I’m sure we can handle a few miners…"
    Bargos: (Good…)
    Taliq: "Just point us towards this mine and we’ll check it out."
    Bargos: (Of course. Genko, give the lady the pad…)
    as Genko starts to pass over the information, you hear a disturbance; suddenly, several Gammoreans storm in!
    • Taliq rolls her eyes





    Vale: "DAMN GAMORIANS WHAT NOW?!"
    Intruder: barges past Jaana, points at Bargos, and squeals an oath!
    Taliq: (( I solemnly swear to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :P ))
    Jaana: "Are you SURE those were your gammoreans outside??"
    Vale: "Now now lads, what’s this about?"
    • Taliq looks at Genko inquisitively


    Mathus: (( Can we understand what they’re
    saying? ))






    Jaana: "Vex, what’re they saying," she asks out droid
    Jaana: ^ our droid
    Jshock-GM: (( Jaana might… Knowledge (Xeno) or Perception everyone, Average (2d) ))
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Xenology Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage2</image>
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Xenology Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage1</image>
    Jaana: someone can boost their check
    Mathus: Next person can boost their check.
    Jshock-GM: The droid will boost Lowurra’s roll
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Xenology Check
    Success </image> 0
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 0 Failure</image>3 Advantage3</image>
    41-VEX: "I can’t make it out, masters, it is talking too fast!"
    Jshock-GM: (( Vale? ))
    Vale:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 0 Failure</image>1 Advantage2</image>
    Vale: (( any boosts flying around? ))
    Jaana: oen from me
    Mathus: (( Yeah, 1 boost is. ))
    Vale:
    Boost </image> Skill Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage1</image>
    Bargos: (They’re here to take me down! Protect me!)
    Mathus: (( Initiative? ))
    • Mathus debates whether to leave Bargos to
      his fate, but decides against it… besides, these guys are probably
      just as bad.



    Jshock-GM: (( Init, everyone; Cool for Jaana
    and Marthus ))






    Intruder:
    Ability </image> Cool Initative
    Success </image> 0 Advantage1</image>
    Jaana: can I choose to use vigilance? It’s a better skill for me
    Mathus: (( Same. ))
    Vale:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Vigilance Initative
    Success </image> 2 Triumph1</image>
    Jshock-GM: (( nope ))
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Cool Initative
    Success </image> 0 Advantage2</image>
    Guard:
    Ability </image> Vigilance Initative
    Success </image> 0
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Vigilance Check
    Success </image> 2
    • Jaana sighs





    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Cool Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage3</image>
    Taliq: (( Because cool is based on how good you are at dealing with impending violence? ))
    Jaana: "Back pay isues…" * shakes head as she swigns her rifle into position *
    Taliq: (( You can’t choose ignorance ))
    Mathus: (( Hrm, does Mathus have his Shock Gloves on? If not, how long would it take to put them on? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you can have them on, and activate them with an incidental ))
    Mathus: (( K. ))
    Mathus: (( Mathus has 1.3.1 initiative. ))
    Taliq: (( This might not be our fight ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Vigilance Initative
    Success </image> 4
    Taliq: (( We can just stay out of it :P ))
    Vale: (( its the monocle ))
    Jshock-GM: (( ever vigilant! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Need Taliq and Mathus on the board ))
    Mathus: (( I rolled it. ))
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Vigilance Initative
    Success </image> 0 Advantage2</image>
    Vale: "How annoyed will Jabba be if we let this guy die."
    Taliq: I’m sorry, I made a vigilance check, not an initiative check :P
    Taliq: lol my bad
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Cool Initative
    Success </image> 0
    Jshock-GM: (( roll it with the Initiative link next time, pleaase ))
    Jaana: (( well, the hutt demanded we defend him so… ))
    Mathus: (( There we go. ))
    • Mathus will go last to let the ranged get in
      shots.






    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk Readies his staff, gets
      between the Gammorean and his droid ward
    Lowurra III of Kashykk has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: (( oh, waqit; not D&D. Who wants to go first? ))
    Jaana: I’ll go.. don’t want to be next to a gammo here…
    Vale: "Of course thw hutt demanded that we…he’s not going to bloody well say ‘Stay out of this’ and get shot.
    Vale: "FIiiine, lets jsut hope we’re not getting drawn into anything bigger here."
    • Jaana feints a rifle butt to the face of the
      naerby gammo whilst ducking behind a pillar, turning and shooting…






    Jaana: that 1d for range?
    Jshock-GM: (( yes; you shooting to stun? ))
    Jaana: yeah
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Heavy Blaster Rifle Check
    Success </image> 1
    Jaana: base 10 dmg
    Jshock-GM: (( I should have numbered these guys in the name ))
    • Jaana is done.. next PC





    Intruder 1: Intruder 1 gains 6 Wounds
    Vale has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: (( Owner Permissions lets you guys advance init? ))
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Vale: (( DOn’t know ))
    • Mathus will go last or 2nd-to-last to let
      the ranged fire freely.



    Taliq: (( Does that make it my go? ))

  • Taliq looks at Genko


  • Jshock-GM: (( up to you ))





    Taliq: "Would you like me to help repel the intruders?"
    Tygaran has connected.
    Jshock-GM: (( you guys all go before NPCs, so I don’t see how it matters mugh ))
    • Taliq casually draws her carbine


    Taliq: (( Good point ))


    Taliq: (( i.e. spends a maneuver drawing her
    weapon, because sadly I don’t have quick draw anymore
    ))






    Genko: "YES! SHOOT THEM! SHOOTH THEM NOW!"
    • Taliq shoots them. She shooths them now.

  • Taliq strains for a maneuver

  • Taliq shoots intruder 1


  • Taliq: (( 2 strain for a maneuver right? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yes ))





    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Super Blaster Carbine Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage2</image>Triumph1</image>
    Taliq: (( Crit lol ))
    Taliq: (( Crit x3 in fact :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( crit and something else? ))
    Mathus: (( Think you can stack crits for higher modifiers. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yow, right, you’re crit 1… ))
    Intruder 1: Intruder 1 gains 7 Wounds
    Intruder 1:
    Critical Roll: 19
    Easy Critical () || Distracted
    Intruder 1:
    Critical Roll: 51
    Average Critical () || Fearsome Wound
    Jaana: heh.. i don’t make those
    Jshock-GM: (( Vibroaxe wounds hurt… badly. ))
    Taliq: (( Yikes!! ))
    Intruder 5:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage1</image>
    Jshock-GM: (( 5 clobbers a guard with his fists… ))
    Guard 4: Guard 4 gains 2 Wounds
    Intruder 6:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 3 Threat1</image>Triumph1</image>
    Guard 3:
    Critical Roll: 73
    Average Critical () || Hamstrung
    Guard 3: Guard 3 gains 4 Wounds
    Jshock-GM: (( that was a slow motion clse up punch ))
    Guard 1:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage3</image>
    Intruder 6: Intruder 6 gains 1 Wounds
    Guard 3:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 4 Advantage2</image>
    Intruder 6: Intruder 6 gains 3 Wounds
    FoxyGrif says to the GMs: Vale added a weapon
    Guard 4:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 0 Failure</image>1 Advantage1</image>Triumph1</image>
    Jshock-GM: (( not strictly by the book, but this guard is going to recover a wound (since they can’t take strain ))
    Guard 4: Guard 4 recovers 1 Wounds
    FoxyGrif says to the GMs: Vale updated their character sheet
    Jshock-GM: (( any i=deas for that triumph? ))
    FoxyGrif says to the GMs: luls was jsut writing in some details about a HEavy Blaster Pistol
    Mathus: (( Hrm…. ))
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    Taliq: (( He doesn’t HAVE to spend it :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Free upgrade… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I’ll give it to the wookiee - he kind of needs it now ))
    Taliq: (( Yeah fair enough ))
    Guard 2:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 5
    Intruder 3: Intruder 3 gains 4 Wounds
    Lowurra III of Kashykk has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: (( OK, who’s first? ))
    • Mathus will go first.





    Mathus: (( Is it one maneuver to disengage &
    reengage with someone else? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( My GM instinct says that’s 2 ))

  • Mathus aims and slugs the one in front of
    him, then.






  • Mathus:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Shock Gloves (Superior) Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage1</image>
    Mathus: (( Argh, I grant the next person a boost. ))
    • Mathus continues to punch the Intruder
      ineffectively, ala Indiana Jones.






    Intruder 2:
    • Intruder 2 takes it on the jaw again… and
      laughs
    Jaana: I’ll take that…
    Taliq: (( roflmao ))
    Taliq: "Put your back into it Mathus!"
    Mathus: (( Alright, I can see why they ignored me. ))
    Vale has received initiative.
    • Jaana stand and puts her rifle into the
      gammo’s face, toggling autofire on… (2 boost and 3d total, as
      strainign for Aim)






    Jaana: and I’m stealign the destiny now.. :P
    Jshock-GM: (( you’re lucky – Prone does nothing against ranged ))
    Jaana: Jaana spends a Destiny Point!
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Taliq: (( Is that all of our destiny points? :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yep… ))
    Taliq: (( Oh please, Jaana gets in one tough spot and freaks out and burns all of our destiny points… ))
    Taliq: (( Taliq gets beat on every session :P ))
    Tygaran has connected.
    Taliq: (( Never see me- oh wait, I did use our other destiny point to upgrade my defence :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq’s a professional punching bag ))
    Taliq: (( I tank like a boss ))
    Mathus: (( Actually, I think Mathus is more of a punching bag now; he actually has armor. ))
    Taliq: (( Fine by me! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( I still need to find an appropriate picture for your new diuds ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Tyg? You shooting? ))
    Mathus: (( He says via Skype he’s stuck on Loading. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( oh ))
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Tygaran has connected.
    Taliq: (( lol ))
    Taliq: (( should we take our turns in the meantime? ))
    Jaana: (( let’s try this again… ))
    Unknown command: "oo cbad load?". Try /help for a list of commands.
    Jshock-GM: (( bad load? ))
    Jaana:
    Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Heavy Blaster Rifle Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage2</image>
    Taliq: (( It happens _ ))
    Taliq: (( That’s an autofire! ))
    • Jaana shoots him in the face twice…








    Jaana: 10 base
    Jshock-GM: (( That’s a second roll, right? ))
    Jaana: was told my roll didn’t go thru so…
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, just got the 3/2 above ))
    Intruder 4: Intruder 4 gains 8 Wounds
    Jaana: Jaana gains 2 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( what’s the 2 strain for? ))
    Jaana: aiming
    Jaana: and standing
    Jshock-GM: (( ah right ))
    Jaana: (( caryr on.. next PC ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you wanted autofire… going to take your other roll? ))
    Jaana: what other roll?
    Jshock-GM: (( Autofire lets you take a second roll ))
    Jshock-GM: (( for 2 Adv ))
    Taliq: (( … It does…? ))
    Taliq: (( I thought it just multiplied the damage ))
    Jshock-GM: (( nope; that’s why it costs a difficulty ))
    Jaana: my understandin with the current ruls is spending 2 adv is an auto +1 hit
    Jaana: so a 2nd instance of base 10 dmg
    Jaana: page 155..
    Jshock-GM: (( oh, yeah, had it confused with twin linked, etc ))
    Taliq: (( Ah right, yeah fair enough ))
    Intruder 4: Intruder 4 gains 8 Wounds and is Incapacitated!
    • Jaana blows on her barrel…





    Intruder 4:
    • Intruder 4 gets sprayed with stun blots,
      topples like a tree
    Mathus has received initiative.
    Vale: (( I’ll go? ))
    Unknown command: "oc who wanted next?". Try /help for a list of commands.
    Jshock-GM: (( who wanted next? ))
    Mathus: (( Vale? ))
    • Vale swithces back to regular fire, takes
      careful aim, and fires at the Gamorian that has slashed up Taliq



    Vale: (( aims a boost yeah? ))


    Mathus: (( Yep. ))





    Vale: WHat D for firing into combat?
    Jshock-GM: (( +1d? Hang on ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Also, threat/despair will hit an ally ))
    Taliq: (( But you can spend threat to hit an ally ))
    Taliq: (( Oh, I said that jokingly, is that true? XD ))
    Mathus: (( You upgrade the difficulty by one. ))
    Mathus: (( In addition, if you roll a Despair, you hit your ally. ))
    Vale:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Heavy Blaster Pistol Check
    Success </image> 0 Failure</image>1 Advantage2</image>
    Jshock-GM: (( Ok… no hit. Adv? ))
    Vale: My fire distracts the Gamorian a bit, gonna give Taliq a boost
    Jshock-GM: (( Maybe she should go next ))
    Taliq: (( YES ))
    Taliq: (( maneuver to aim and BLAM Intruder 3 ))
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Super Blaster Carbine Check
    Success </image> 4 Advantage4</image>
    Jshock-GM: (( add +2d to that… ))
    • Taliq slams the butt of her carbine into the
      gamorean’s face and then shoots him



    Taliq: (( +2d? ))


    Jshock-GM: (( firing ranged – heavy while
    engaged ))



    Taliq: (( Forearm grip, only 1d :D
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( fine… ))


    Taliq: (( Thanks Mathus! ))


    Taliq: (( … though should that make it 2d
    net? ))



    Taliq: (( I assumed engaged was 0d… :P
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Engaged is 1d, so 2d tot



    Mathus: (( Yeah, 2d net. It starts at 1d. ))


    Taliq: (( OK, I’ll roll another d ))


    Mathus: (( Does it give an extra 1d because
    there’s 3 people engaged there? ))



    Taliq: (( But short range is 1d ))





    Taliq:
    Difficulty </image> Super Blaster Carbine Check
    Success </image> 0 Threat2</image>
    Taliq: (( Aw sad face… ))
    Jaana: (( short range is 1d, ranged hvy whil engadeed is +2d… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 4/2 tot ))
    Taliq: (( Only 2x crit :P ))
    Mathus: (( 4 success, 2 advantage. ))
    Intruder 3: Intruder 3 gains 8 Wounds and is Incapacitated!
    Jshock-GM: (( you can spend your 2adv on something else ))
    Taliq: (( LOL ))
    Taliq: (( All PCs have taken their turn? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Lowurra’s next, I think ))
    Taliq: (( give a boost to Lowurra! ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk engages in the fine art
      of Wookiee staff combat
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Covert Cane Check
    Success </image> 1 Threat1</image>
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk gains 1 Strain
    Intruder 5: Intruder 5 gains 1 Wounds
    Vale: (( brb five min, I don’t think I’ll be up before I get back ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk exchanges a series of
      quick blows, leaving him winded yet again
    Jaana has received initiative.
    Taliq has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: 2
    Intruder 5:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Crude Vibroaxe Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage1</image>
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk gains 7 Wounds
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Setback </image> Skill Check
    Success </image> 0 Threat1</image>
    Mathus: (( Wouldn’t that just be 5 wounds? ))
    Mathus: (( 7+1-3 ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Pierce 2 ))
    Mathus: (( …Ouch. ))
    Taliq: (( Yikes ))
    Intruder 2:
    • Intruder 2 drops his vibroaxe
    Intruder 2:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 5
    Mathus: (( …Ouch. ))
    Intruder 2:
    Setback </image> Skill Check
    Success </image> 0 Threat1</image>
    Mathus: (( I wind him by getting punched! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( 9 tot, 1 setback, Mathus… You want to strain him? ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( thought so ))
    Mathus: Mathus gains 5 Wounds
    Intruder 2: Intruder 2 gains 1 Wounds
    Guard 1:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage3</image>
    Intruder 6: Intruder 6 gains 2 Wounds
    Guard 3:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Fists Check
    Success </image> 3 Threat3</image>Triumph1</image>
    Intruder 6:
    Critical Roll: 74
    Average Critical () || Hamstrung
    Intruder 5: Intruder 5 gains 3 Wounds
    Lowurra III of Kashykk has received initiative.
    Jshock-GM: (( you can put the porker out of his misery… or not. Combat’s decided ))
    • Vale holsters his gun.

  • Mathus is busy calming down after recklessly
    charging 5 gomorreans… and nearly getting vibroaxed.






  • Mathus: "…Remind me never to do that again."
    • Mathus waits a moment for the color to
      return to his face.






    Intruder 6:
    • Intruder 6 Looks around after shaking off the
      dizzies. sulks off
    Vale: "Jaana, how you doing over there?"
    Vale: (( You’ve been only half in my LOS all fight:P ))
    • Taliq fires a warning shot into the ground
      behind the fleeing gammoreans






    Bargos: (You did it! Jabba was right about you guys!)
    • Jaana uses one of the 4 stimpacks she
      purchased…






    Jaana: Jaana recovers 5 Wounds
    Bargos: (So, when can you leave?)
    • Taliq looks at Jaana’s axe wound





    Taliq: "You’ll live."
    Mathus: "…Immediately works."
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX looks around, cautiously gets back up
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX "Thank the Maker…"
    Genko:
    • Genko tosses Lowurra a datapad
    Jaana: "I’ll be fine."
    Taliq: "A couple of gammoreans? We hardly broke a sweat…"
    Vale: "Good work Vex, you uh, showed them."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: GROOF (Speak for yourself…)
    • Vale looks at Jaana. :Yeah…a sweat.

  • Mathus has a nasty bruise welling up on his
    face.






  • Jaana: "Hold still, Mathus…"
    Mathus: "…No problem."
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Medicine Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage1</image>
    Taliq: "We need to work on your right hook, Mathus…"
    Jaana: regain 1 wound and strain…
    Jaana: oops, wrong toke.. let’s try that again…
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: ROOOO (Medic…)
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Medicine Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage1</image>
    Jaana: 2 w and 1 strain :D
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk has a large, nasty
      wound in his side
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Medicine Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage3</image>Triumph1</image>
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk recovers 3 Strain
    Jaana: ^ low healed at least 2 w and 3 strain…
    Jshock-GM: (( what was triumph on med checks? ))
    Jaana: let’s see if I can find it again…
    Mathus: (( Think you only get 1 Medicine check per encounter? ))
    Jaana: curs criticals or additional wounds
    Jaana: does nto specify how MANY additional wounds tho
    Jshock-GM: (( say 3 ))
    Mathus: (( Ah, 1 Medicine check per character. ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk recovers 5 Wounds
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk looks better after
      stuffing some gauze in him
    Mathus: Mathus recovers 2 Wounds
    Mathus: Mathus recovers 1 Strain
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Discipline Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage1</image>
    Mathus: Mathus recovers 1 Strain
    Taliq: "We should spar sometime Mathus. Work on your swing, and your footwork…"
    • Mathus sighs.





    Jaana: once per character per encounter
    Mathus: "Normally I fight better. Just not against Gomorrans with vibroaxes… still, won’t pass up a chance to spar with you."
    • Mathus grins at Taliq.





    Jaana: Jaana recovers 2 Strain
    Mathus: "Now… let’s go? I’d like to leave as soon as possible."
    Fade to black as the party decides how to proceed next…
    Taliq: "Sure, let’s go check out this mine."
    Taliq: (( GG!!! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( End of act 1! Everyone gets 10xp for completing. ))
    Vale: Aww
    • Jaana departs with the group


    Taliq: (( YAY!!! ))


    You say to the GMs: Lowurra III of Kashykk gains 70


    Jshock-GM says to the GMs: Lowurra III of Kashykk gains 70


    Xie says to the GMs: I kept 30 xp in my pocket, so I might finally take
    that extra career








    Xie:

    ’night all!!



    Xie is disconnected.


    Mathus: (( Nice. ))


    Mathus: (( BTW, mind if Mathus gathers some info
    on these mines now? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( sure ))

  • Jaana treats herself to hal that last
    wound…






  • Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Medicine Check
    Success </image> 1 Advantage1</image>Triumph1</image>
    • Jaana feels great





    Jaana: Jaana recovers 1 Wounds
    Jshock-GM: (( it’s the ryll ))
    Mathus: (( Mathus tries to figure out what’s involved with inspecting an Oridium mine… ))
    Mathus: (( …and look up info on where the Oridium mine is. ))
    Mathus: I suspect our best bet is to tap the Twi’leks on Ryloth for someone that actually knows about Oridium mining.
    Jaana: "My only real experience with mines is getting specialists TO them…"
    Jshock-GM: (( Freebie (since it’s in the datapad instructions); the mine is located on a planet in the Gavos system ))
    Tygaran: well, as it seems we’re done for the night and Jaana’s done all the healign she can for now.. I’m off to bed. Gettign up for work make longs nights mre tiring,. :P
    Mathus: K, later.
    Mathus: Okay, what does Mathus know/learn about the Gavos system.
    Jshock-GM: (( GAvos is outer rim, so Know (outer rim) unless you can think of anappropriate skill ))
    Mathus: ?
    Mathus: Difficulty of it?
    • Tygaran must remember to write up stuff
      about Mustafar for sunday tho…



    Tygaran is disconnected.








    Jshock-GM:

    What do you want to know? Let me look
    up Knowledge skills







    Mathus: Environment & potential threats.
    Jshock-GM: Hmm… it’s off hyperlanes… call it Hard
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Outer Rim Check
    Success </image> 1 Threat1</image>
    Vale: Anything I can roll to get some vague ideas, maybe I picked something up over the years?
    Vale: Or is it just too specific?
    Jshock-GM: You have the skill? Add a boost to his roll if you don’t
    Vale: No I don’t think I have any knowledge skills
    Vale: Or astrogation
    Jshock-GM: You know what the navicomp tells you
    Vale: Ah yeah
    Vale: So, I’m adding a bosst, or am I rolling to see if I add a boost?
    Jshock-GM: Just add aboost
    Vale: Cool cool
    • Vale adds a boost :P





    Mathus:
    Boost </image> Skill Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage1</image>
    Mathus: 1 success, no advantage/threat.
    Jshock-GM: OK; You know a bit about the place. Heavy in Oridium, but has a hostile atmosphere; can’t breathe the stuff, and the storms will smash you to bits before you suffocate.
    Mathus: So breath masks are a must and… what else?
    Jshock-GM: If you want to fly back out to Ryloth, I’ll give you a reroll, but that’ll take time…
    Mathus: Well, can we contact Ryloth from here?
    Jshock-GM: That will also take time
    Jshock-GM: Other than the oridium, it’s a rock. No habitation to speak of.
    Mathus: Well, what skill check would it be to figure out how to judge an Oridium mine?
    Mathus: I think the complete lack of knowledge on our part is a… hindrance.
    Mathus: Mathus suspects our best bet is to find a twi’lek miner knowledgeable in Oridium. Hopefully the spice miners are connected with such a person.
    Vale: I’m going to put it out there, and say, if it’s looks like a duck and quacks like a mine it’s probably okay. The Hutt is probably more interested in the 100k creds he’s owed.
    Jshock-GM: Hmm…
    Mathus: I’d agree there, Vale. But don’t want to fuck this up regardless.
    Jshock-GM: VAle, give me a Streetwise check (no diff).
    Vale:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Streetwise Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage5</image>
    Vale: Awww
    Jshock-GM: Hutts do like credirts…
    Vale: (( XD tweet tweet ))
    Vale: (( TWEET BUT NO CIGAR ))
    Mathus: You want me to bring it up to the party and ask what we should do?
    Mathus: Or are you just going to pull GM fiat and say "it’d take too long, get to the damn adventure"?
    Jshock-GM: I think it would probably be somewhere between Education and Mechanics – you’re judging technique, but also efficiency of bureaucracy
    Jshock-GM: Bura Ban would certainly know; too bad he’s deaaaaaad
    Mathus: Shaddup.
    Vale: (( Pourin one out for my lekkueeee ))
    Mathus: I’ll take that as "spending extra time to get a twi’lek mining chief to judge it is an option", yes?
    Mathus: Or shall we just "get to the damn adventure"?
    Jshock-GM: Yeah, if you want. It took you @ a day to jump, but then you’ve got to wrangle a mining expert
    Mathus: Gotcha.
    Mathus: (( I should make it a running gag of Mathus asking each of our employers for grenades. ))
    Jshock-GM: OK; anything else needs to be resolved? I need to sleep soon
    Mathus: I’m good; night.
    JeffG is disconnected.

    Debts to Pay - Session 3

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Xie