Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 4

Server started; please wait for map to
refresh.

Foxtrot has connected.

Jshock-GM:

zupzup

Foxtrot:

Helloooo

Foxtrot:

So I know we were meant to XP up but I
was indecisive all week about what to dooooo because I’m like that
so it didn’t happen

Jshock-GM:

Ah, so desu ka

Jshock-GM:

You are not alone

Foxtrot:

Hehe

Foxtrot:

My instinct was to up deceit buuuut my
very first star wars character was a Twilek (read decietful )
pilot so I knee jerked against that despite these two being
entirely different characters heh

Jshock-GM:

Let me check what that pregen’s
recommended ups were again…

Foxtrot:

Cool cool

JeffG has connected.

Foxtrot:

Mind you, that char was also force
sensitive so part of his lying was usually just using the force to
do it. Robbed a bank once because we were ’bank inspectors for the
insurnace companies on a surprise mission"

JeffG:

Ah, joy.

Foxtrot:

Heh hello

JeffG:

BTW Jshock, what are the details of
Mathus trying to get the vehicles in semi-working order?

Jshock-GM:

Details?

Jshock-GM:

How do you do it?

JeffG:

Yeah. Does Mathus think they could at
least drive/fly back to civilization so we can sell them?

Jshock-GM:

Did you roll last game?

JeffG:

I also imagine the custom gun on the
landspeeder’s worth quite a bit.

Jshock-GM:

I don’t remember

JeffG:

Nope, you said that’d wait until this
session.

Jshock-GM:

Then you don’t know yet, obviously…

JeffG:

Was hoping to take care of that before
everyone else got here, since I doubt they’d be interested in the
Mechanic-speak.

Jshock-GM:

Ah, OK. Give me Mechanics for both
vehicles (0D).

JeffG:


makes a Mechanics – Gunspeeder check!
        
Successes:
1
/ Advantage: 4

Foxtrot:

I play a mechanic in my oither WOARS
game. Sometimes I jsut say it is techno-magic (doctor Who style),
but that’s mostly fgor my GM.

JeffG:


makes a Mechanics – Other Vehicle check!
        
Successes:
5
/ Advantage: 2

Jshock-GM:

Yeah, OK. They’ve both been bashed to
hell. The gunspeeder (with its INTERGRATED weapons system) looks
like its head gasket techno-equivalent is about to blow – it’ll
probably break down the second you look at it funny).

Jshock-GM:

The other one is thrashed, but it runs.

You whisper to JeffG: if you
want to explain this to the rest of the party, please generate some
technobabble instead of saying ‘head gasket equivalent’.

Tygaran has connected.

Jshock-GM:

Hey, whazzup

Tygaran:

evening

Foxtrot:

Hello

JeffG whispers: Mhm. Could we
still sell the speeder for a decent profit if we brought it in? Even if
it’s just sold for scrap metal?

Jshock-GM:

Oh, Fox. I was thinking you might want
to save and go for rapid reaction at this point

Xie has connected.

Foxtrot:

Sweet yeah I’ll save.

Xie:

Hey all

Xie:

I haven’t spent my XP either, guess
I’ll save them for more expensive talents

You whisper to JeffG: assuming
it lasted the trip somewhere, yes.

JeffG whispers: What’s the
landspeeder version of towing?

Foxtrot:

Hey, I’ve noticed with a couple of
talents that it is dependent on ranks of said talent. Can you
re-buy talents, or is that to do with cross/multi-classing in the
full game?

JeffG:

Latter.

Foxtrot:

Gotcha

JeffG:

You can cross/multi-class and gain
more ranks.

Jshock-GM:

Some trees have talents more than
once, too

JeffG:

Or if it’s a non-ranked skill, you can
skip it.

JeffG:

For example, there’s a non-ranked
skill I’m looking at that costs 15xp on the Outlaw Tech tree, but
costs 25xp on the Brawler tree.

JeffG:

So if I buy it on Outlaw Tech first, I
save 10xp on Brawler.

Foxtrot:

Aaaah right, right. Yeah I’ve had a
look at the beta rules and noticed the same talents reappearing
through out the professions.

Foxtrot:

Cool, makes sense.

JeffG:

Yeah, I really like the change they
made to the Engineer tree in the patch notes.

JeffG:

15xp to increase my Soak by 1.

JeffG whispers: What’s the
landspeeder version of towing? Chaining it to another vehicle and
turning the hover engines onto Neutral?

Tygaran whispers: is 14 jaana’s
mac strain after takign Grit? Or was that the original?

You whisper to Tygaran: after

JeffG:

Hmm, how long are we going to wait for
Drek to show up?

Xie:

Hmm… dodge and/or precise aim are
tempting…

Xie:

I’ll brb 5 min

Jshock-GM:

Sorry, was typing something up

Player "That" is not connected.

Drekkan has connected.

Drekkan:

hey guys

Foxtrot:

Hey

You whisper to JeffG: that
civilian passenger speeder isn’t going to tow an airspeeder, sorry.

Drekkan:

will be right back – at work and about
to depart for the home front and play

Drekkan:

but wanted to let you know before I
left that I was in fact coming

Jshock-GM:

Oh, cool. 30 mins? More/less?

Drekkan:

yar

Drekkan:

perhaps less

Xie:

Cool cool

Drekkan:

depends on elevators

Jshock-GM:

heh

Drekkan is disconnected.

Jshock-GM:

OK, so do we give that kid time?

Jshock-GM:

Seems kind of low to start without him
if he’s not going to be that long…

Foxtrot:

Yeah probably

Tygaran:

let the wookie win…

Foxtrot:

I mean It’s 10:30 am here so I have
literally all day

Jshock-GM:

HA, I wish I could say things like
that!

Foxtrot:

Heh

Jshock-GM:

Not that my job isn’t slack, but I do
have to be there

JeffG:

So we’re starting around 8:45 EST then?

Jshock-GM:

Sure, let’s say that

JeffG:

BTW, while we’re waiting, you mind
listing everything we looted off the guys/ships/lair?

JeffG:

We may as well start doling it out.

Jshock-GM:

No sweat. How much time are you guys
taking to look?

JeffG:

Well, it depends on how far away
this… checks

JeffG:

Thweek, at Nabat in the Ryll Fine
catina

JeffG:

What time he’d expect the team to
report in.

Jshock-GM:

You didn’t ask, so you don’t know.

Xie:

I’m back

JeffG:

Well no, but we can estimate… how
far away is Nabat via their vehicles?

Foxtrot:

I’d imagine it is when the job is
done. Though that is just an assumption. They may very well have
regular check ins.

Xie:

It’s all good, gives me time to figure
out what to level up _

Jshock-GM:

Same as via yours; about half a day

JeffG:

Same direction as we were heading? To
New Feen?

Jshock-GM:

Nope, New MEEN is the opposite
direction

Jshock-GM:

You were coming from Nabat

JeffG:

Ah. Hmm…

JeffG:

Well, the others can probably loot the
bodies, then search the lair while I finish repairing our vehicle.

JeffG:

Although hmmm… how many people does
their non-speeder fit?

Xie:

Oh hey, before we head off can Taliq
duck back and grab that rifle? I almost forgot

Tygaran:

I recall it was 4

JeffG:

Heh, I figure we’re gonna loot
everything off the bodies, of course…

Foxtrot:

Non Rp questions, anyway to turn of
the ‘ding" when a message is said on the chat? can’t find a
settings or options…option.

Foxtrot:

Lol found it

Jshock-GM: (( so, to recap, Mathus is both
fixing your speeder, and doing head to toe mechanical inspections on two
other vehicles, on the other side of the cave… that takes the rest of
the afternoon. It is now nightfall. ))

Foxtrot:

Ignore me…

Jshock-GM:

On the plus side, you have plenty of
time to loot while the tech techs.

Xie:

Woo!

  • Taliq happily loots away








Foxtrot:

Right I suppose I’ll scour the area
looking for things of worth, then have a bit of a sit down and
rest.










JeffG:

Well, how many hours would the
mechanical inspections take? Just 1-2? Or 3-5?










Jshock-GM:

The long side of things









JeffG:

Argh, we have two choices then:









Foxtrot:

Wait, no scratch what I jst said. I’ll
go sit look out. I mean in character I don’t know if there are
more or not










Xie:

Hey did Mathus want to get into
Ranged/Heavy, and take up the rifle? You’re welcome to it…
otherwise I’ll take it as a backup weapon if my carbine is ever
out of range (shouldn’t happen too often)










JeffG:

I was thinking of having Mathus get
into Ranged/Heavy, but not with the rifle.










Jshock-GM:

The mercs didn’t have much other than
guns and body armor; the armor’s soak 1 (reduced; it’s been shot
up now). They were armed with 4 hvy blaster pistols and the rifle.










Xie:

Hahaha! Yeah I like it how we PCs are
always "Encounter’s over, we’re safe until we go to a new scene
now…" XD










Jshock-GM:

Also, what are you doiny with B’ura?









JeffG:

Well, I have a heavy blaster pistol.
But it might make more sense for me to swap to a heavy weapon,
since I have ranks in neither and enough Brawn to handle the
larger weapons.







Taliq:

"We should take him back to his
people, I suppose…"

Foxtrot:

Are there any cover/tarps/banners? We
could wap him in, and bring him with us.

Taliq: (( Yeah that’s what I was thinking ))

Jshock-GM:

Sure; you find a couple of tarps

  • Jshock-GM switches from Slough Feg to SW
    music









JeffG:

I was thinking Taliq could use the
rifle and then give me her Carbine.




Vale: (( just moved myself to better
represent being a look out ))



You whisper to Tygaran: You
might want to buck for that rifle









JeffG:

The Rifle’s just like the Carbine,
except it has longer range & weighs a bit more.










JeffG:

And Mathus really doesn’t have the
stats/skills in Ranged-Heavy to make use of its longer range. (3D
to hit at long, vs 2D to hit at med.)










Tygaran:

well.. if we want jaana to have a stun
mode, she could use the rifle.. her slug thrower uses the same
skill…










Xie:

Good plan, however Taliq is quite fond
of her carbine










JeffG:

Then give the Blaster Rifle to Jaana?
What shall we do with the Slugthrower then?










Xie:

I can see Jaana as a sniper



Drekkan has connected.








Tygaran:

spare weapon in case there’s something
with an energy shielf thingy that it better attacked with more
‘primitive’ qweaponry










Drekkan:

rawr









JeffG:

‘Lo.









Xie:

STOP









Xie:

It’s wookiee time






Lowurra:

raaaawr!

Jshock-GM:

I’m gong to pipe up, because it’ll
influence your decision; 2 rifles is going to encumber Jaana

Xie:

lol, that does seem important

Jshock-GM:

She’s already got the big bulky
military scanner and binoculars

Jshock-GM:

Anyway, roll for destiny points now
that Drekkan’s here, then we’ll get started

JeffG:


makes a Destiny check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 1 / Dark
Side: 0

Xie:


makes a DESTINY check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Lowurra:


makes a check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 2 / Dark
Side: 0

Tygaran:


makes a check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 2

JeffG whispers: BTW, we could
get that armor repaired, right?

Lowurra:

that’s my first ever light side
roll!!!!!!!

Tygaran:

-.- that’s a dark side for every
session from here…

You whisper to JeffG: ha, no

Xie:

I’ll take one of the heavy blasters
since there are a few of them to go around?

Tygaran:

I begin to wonder…

Xie:

Be nice to have a backup sidearm

JeffG whispers: Dammit.

Vale:


makes a you were the chosen one! check!
  
Successes:
None
/ No Advantage or Threat
Light Side: 0 / Dark
Side: 1

Xie: (( lol, that’s appropriate ))

You whisper to JeffG: have you
ever heard of someone repairing a kevlar vest after it’s been used?

JeffG whispers: No, but then I
never followed kevlar vest news.

The Dark Side:

INCREASE THE FORCE

JeffG:

Those heavy blasters are Rg-Lt though,
so you wouldn’t get to use your Rg-Hvy ranks on it.

Lowurra: (( I think I could use one ))

Lowurra:

Weapon

Skill

Max Range

Dmg

Dice

Blaster

R (Lt)

Med

9



• You deal 6 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
rolled.
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

  • Jshock-GM revels in his extra dark destiny


JeffG: (( Lowurra definitely could. ))


Lowurra: (( is what I’m rolling with – if it’s
better ))



JeffG: (( It’s the best Rg-Lt weapon available,
IMO. ))









Jshock-GM:

They’re not set up for his paws, but
that’s an easy mod…




JeffG: (( The only issue is it’s easier for a GM
to have it run out of ammo than most guns. ))



JeffG: (( So you might want to carry a spare
clip or two. ))



Lowurra: (( I mean, I don’t think I can just
melee everything… ))









Jshock-GM:

I can do that with a slugthrower just
as easily,.










Jshock-GM:

Anyway, recap…







Jshock-GM:





SESSION RECAP





When we last left our protagonists, they were staring
down the gunbarrel of a T-47 AIRSPEEDER, avter being
ambushed on the way to NEW MEEN. Having no weapons that
could put a dent into a military vehicle, they wisely
retreated into a nearby cave; sadly their newfound friend
B’URA B’AN was coldly gunned down in the process.

Inside
the cave, they found the mercenaries lying in wait! A few
quick vibro-axe swipes from the mighty LOWURRA sent them
to an early grave. The mercenary in the airspeeder was
tricked into meeting with the party and waylaid, revealing
under interrogation that they were working for THWEEK, a
kubaz in the employ of TEEMO THE HUTT

JeffG:

Not quite. Slugthrower requires a
Despair token. Heavy Blaster Pistols can also run out of ammo on 3
Disadvantage.

Jshock-GM:

Between the looting and Mathus wanting
to inspect everything, it ends up being night.

Lowurra:

Raaaaawr

Jshock-GM:

Also also, what are you doing with the
merc?

  • Mathus wipes the grease off his hands.

  • Taliq ties up the merc and stuffs 2 credits
    in his pocket






  • Desert merc:

    "What’s that for?"

    Taliq:

    "I promised to pay you for information"

    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc gets a sour look on his face, but
      says nothing
    • Taliq grins, and leads the merc to the
      vehicles






    Mathus:

    "Well… the other vehicle runs fine,
    at least. The speeder’s mechanic did a bad job rerouting engine
    power into the guns. The hover pads on it are destabilized to the
    point it could beach itself if I looked at it funny."

    You whisper to JeffG: well
    played, sir!

    Mathus:

    "And the guns on it are integrated, so
    we can’t rip those out either. We could get a pretty penny selling
    it… if we can get it back somehow."

    Desert merc:

    "Hey, that’s my ride you’re bad
    mouthin’!"

    Lowurra:

    Raaaaawr! (Call a tow?)

    Mathus:

    "Your ride sucks and you should shoot
    the mechanic for it."

    Desert merc:

    "Wiseguy, I oughtta…"

    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc trails off, realizing he’s bound

    Mathus: (( What difficulty is it to punch him in
    the face? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    None; he’s defenseless

    Mathus:


    makes a Brawl check!
            
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 1
    Light Side: 0 / Dark Side: 1

    Jshock-GM:

    what is that, 6?

    • Mathus swings a mean right hook, apparently.








    Jshock-GM:

    or are you base 4






    Mathus:

    Yeah, 6. It’s base 3.

    • Taliq narrows her eyes at Mathus








    Jshock-GM:

    KAPOW






    Taliq:

    "Want me to untie him so he can fight
    back?"

    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc is unconscious again

    Lowurra:

    Do we recover health/strain from the
    overnight?

    Jshock-GM:

    Are you staying overnight in the cave?

    • Vale is totally chilling watching the
      horizon, oblivious to what is going on.


  • Mathus cracks his knuckles, glaring at the
    merc.






  • Bura Ban:

    Bura Ban recovers.

    Vale: (( GHOST ))

    Bura Ban:

    Bura Ban is defeated!

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Bura Ban:

    Bura Ban wakes up.

    Taliq: (( WHO YOU GONNA CALL? ))

    Mathus:

    "No. We couldn’t fight back against
    him in his speeder. Let’s see how he likes being on the other
    end…"

    • Mathus grumbles.





    Taliq:

    "Fine. But now that he’s knocked out
    again.. YOU get to carry him."

    • Taliq smiles and walks off

  • Mathus nods at that.


  • Taliq: (( We’ve got some HBO level drama
    going on here ))



    Taliq: ((
    ))


  • Mathus hoists him over his shoulder, then
    walks along.






  • Mathus:

    "One thing’s bugging me about all
    this, though."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You finally done here?"

    • Mathus nods.





    Vale:

    Mind if I take the controls? Been far
    too long I’m afraid.

    Mathus:

    "Of what, the speeder?"

    Vale: (( Oh wait, we’ve got two vehicles
    right? ))

    Vale: (( the one we came in and this one
    here? ))

    Mathus: (( They had 2 vehicles, and we have
    ours. So 3 vehicles total. ))

    Vale: (( I thought the speeder was busted ))

    Mathus: (( Not quite. It still runs… barely. ))

    Mathus: (( But I wouldn’t bet on it lasting the
    trip back. ))

    Vale:

    "That thing there safe the fly?"

    Taliq: (( Can we harvest some lightsaber
    crystals from the cave? ))

    Taliq: (( jk ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq, make a Knowledge

    Mathus:

    "Barely. I wouldn’t bet money on it
    lasting until we reach civilization again, though."

    Taliq:


    makes a HODOR check!
        
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 1

    Mathus:

    "We could sell it for scrap or
    something if we can get it back… not sure if it’s worth the
    trouble, though."

    Jshock-GM:

    Those are indeed Ageden crystals (the
    ones jedi preferred for lightsabers

    Taliq: (( No shit?! ))

    Vale:

    "If we want to take it, I’ll handle
    the beat up thing."

    • Mathus nods.





    Lowurra:

    Raaaaarrrrrrrr

    Lowurra:

    (Need any helps?)

    Mathus:

    "The next question is, what do we do
    next?"

    Mathus:

    "This has been bugging me. They knew
    where we were going and when too well."

    Mathus:

    "I think there’s a spy with the rebels
    that tipped Teemo off about our trip."

    Taliq:

    "Wait a minute… I want to check on
    something…"

    You whisper to Xie: you also
    know that as far as monetary value goes, they’re just about worthless.

    Xie says to the GMs: Because there are no jedi to buy them? LOL

    You whisper to Xie: pretty
    rocks.

    Xie says to the GMs: Souvenir then, I guess :P

    Xie says to the GMs: I try to harvest one of the shinier looking ones

    • Mathus nods at Taliq, then glances at Vale
      and Jaana.






    Mathus:

    "What are your thoughts on that? I
    scrambled that homing beacon myself; Teemo shouldn’t have cracked
    it that fast."

    • Taliq walks deeper into the cave





    Mathus:

    "Even if he had, he wouldn’t know
    where we were going…"

    You whisper to Xie: also, make
    a Perception check…

    Xie says to the GMs: Difficulty?

    Lowurra:

    Huuurrrr (Could he have hidden another
    tracker somewhere?0

    Mathus:

    "And given these vehicles have the
    same speed ours does, they probably had to leave before us to set
    up this ambush."

    Vale:

    "We should stick together, where’s she
    going?"

    You whisper to Xie: normal (2d)

    Taliq:


    makes a Hodor? check!
            
    Successes:
    2
    / No Advantage or Threat

    • Mathus glances at Lowurra, shakes his head.





    Mathus:

    "Doubtful, Lowurra. The tracker
    couldn’t have predicted where we were going next."

    Mathus:

    "Which either leaves a spy in the
    rebels, or he had another way of overhearing our plans."

    You whisper to Xie: you find a
    good clump of crystal to take. As you’re coming back, you hear…
    something down one of the other tunnels.

    You whisper to Xie: to your
    south

    Mathus whispers: Hmm, what
    check for Mathus to think how feasible it is Teemo has a bug planted on
    us?

    Jshock-GM:

    In a minute Jeffg

    Jaana Raeth:

    "I’m just an explorer caught up in
    corrupt hutt greed and used as a skapegoat, I’d rather just get
    enough credits together to leave this place in one peice and nor
    on an aquired vessel that once belonged to a Teemo
    stooge…"

    Xie says to the GMs: I retreat back the way I came and click on my
    commlink

    Vale:

    "Spies and bugs are all well and good
    but Is no one worried about the Twi’lek wandering off?"

    Taliq:

    ** (whispering over her commlink)
    There’s something else in the caves"

    Taliq:

    * Falling back to your position down
    the northern tunnel *

    Mathus:

    (whispering) You need backup?

    Jshock-GM:

    Skitterskitterskitter

    Vale:

    "well obviously!"

    Taliq:

    * Wouldn’t go amiss *

    • Vale whips out his heavy blaster pistol.





    Mathus:

    Right, coming.

    Jaana Raeth:

    * audible sigh *

    Jshock-GM:

    You guys coming down that southern
    tunnel?

    Vale:

    Yeah

    Lowurra: (( wait ))

    Lowurra: (( northern right? ))

    Lowurra: (( that’s where Taliq went ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Alright… you get to about here…

    Jshock-GM:

    though wait; how fast?

    Mathus:

    Fast walk?

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, what I thought

    Vale:

    I’m moving up a determined pace, but
    certainly not running

    Mathus: (( Wait, we were heading towards Taliq.
    Which tunnel did she go down? ))

    Taliq: (( It’s OK, it’s a PINCER manever ))

    Taliq: (( Get it?
    ))

    Mathus: (( …Ouch. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You guys get back any strain, and I’ll
    guve you a chance to make heal checks

    Taliq: (( What a benevloent GM
    ))

    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus is
    healed and gains back 15 strain.

    Taliq:

    Taliq takes 0 wounds.
    Taliq is
    healed and gains back 5 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah. You round the corner and see a
    large multilegged THING Sniffing around in the crystal room.

    Lowurra:

    Lowurra takes 0 wounds.
    Lowurra is
    healed and gains back 15 strain.

    Jaana Raeth:

    Jaana Raeth is healed and gains back 0
    wounds.
    Jaana Raeth is healed and gains back 14 strain.

    Mathus: (( Should Jaana make another Heal check
    on Taliq? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    1 heal check per person.. someone else
    will have to do it

    Vale:

    Vale takes 0 wounds.
    Vale is healed
    and gains back 4 strain.

    Taliq: (( Can you do a healing check on
    oneself? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh, sorry

    Mathus:

    **…So uh, any particular reason we
    should fight this… thing? I’m kind of in favor of just leaving
    it alone and getting out.

    Jshock-GM:

    Yes you can

    Taliq:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Binders (2)

    Binds prisoners’ hands.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; accesses computer systems.

    Padded armor

    Soak 2 (already included in soak value).

    Some glow rods

    Good for raves

    Clump of Ageden crystals

    Taliq: (( I don’t have a medkit, so nvm ))

    Lowurra:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Glow Stick

    A stick that Glows

    Taliq: (( I’ll walk it off ))

    Vale:

    "Agreed."

    Taliq:

    * Affirmative, tactical retreat to
    the speeder *

    Jshock-GM:

    OK; the creature (we’ll just call it a
    "lylek" takes notice of you, but doesn’t attack. It grabs the two
    merc bodies and begins dragging them south.

    Lowurra:

    +Grrrrrr (but it would be an epic
    feat!)
    +

    Mathus:

    +Would we get paid for it?+

    Vale:

    "Well it looks like her has his
    dinner…"

    Lylek:

    • Lylek stops stares at you three to the south
    • Mathus slowly begins backing off.








    Jshock-GM:

    It’s pacing in place, looking unsure


  • Mathus is backing off!

  • Taliq follows Lowurra

  • Vale takes a passive stance


  • Vale: (( tyring to appear unthreatening ))


    Mathus: (( Vale’s all by his lonesome now? ))





    Lylek:

    • Lylek cautiously drags the bodies over the
      rocks

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You coming? We can always shoot if ti
    follows."

    Taliq: (( Out of character, this looks like
    a LOOT CAVE to me :3 ))

    Lowurra: (( gods it does! We can totally kill it
    and take its stuff! ))

    • Vale backs away slowly


    Taliq: (( AND ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US
    BLAMM ))



    Lowurra: (( it’s only a Lylek! ))








    Jshock-GM:

    You begin hearing sick crunching
    noises from the "loot cave"…







    Mathus:

    +Okay, so… let’s decide quickly.
    Are we continuing on to New Feen? Or turning back to confront
    Thweek at Nabat?
    +

    Taliq:

    ++ One job at a time, Mathus. We
    should get to New Feen."

    • Vale shrugs.


    Jshock-GM: (( New MEEN ))

  • Jshock-GM shakes his fist at the monitor


  • Taliq: (( It didn’t take Bura’s corpse did
    it?
    ))



    Mathus: (( It didn’t. ))





    Lowurra:

    Graaaaar! (New Meen! To smite Bura
    Ban’s enemies!)

    Mathus:

    +This could be our only chance,
    though. It’ll take a day to get to Nabat from New Meen, and Thweek
    will certainly realize things have gone tits-up by then.
    +

    Jshock-GM:

    No; I’m assumin g you brought that
    into the cave to wrap it

    Taliq: (( Cool cool ))

    Mathus: (( Heh, that’d be bad. "Yeah, we kind of
    let him die… and then he got eaten by a giant scavenger…" ))

    Taliq: (( Not exactly glorious martrydom ))

    Taliq:

    "We finish the job. We can track down
    Thweek in good time."

    Taliq:

    "But first, Lowurra and I have some
    big game to bag!"

    Jshock-GM: (( you can’t be serious ))

    Lowurra:

    Hrur ha!

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Fine, you can stay behgind and hunt
    while we continu on…"

    Mathus:

    +…What?+

    Vale:

    "Attacking that thing is as useful as
    tits on a bantha. Gt youselves killed, the lot of you."

    • Taliq laughs





    Taliq:

    "Alright, fine… When we have some
    free time I’ll make it up to you Lowurra…"

    Mathus:

    +Alright, let’s get to New Meen…
    carefully…

    Lowurra:

    Grar raaaa ruuuuraaa (Good! And
    wouldn’t tits on a bantha be useful for the baby banthas? How else
    would they get milk?)

    Vale: (( Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ))

    Vale: (( UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ))

    Vale: ((
    ))

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Jshock-GM: (( I’m picturing Vale saying
    ‘tits on a Bantha’ in an Aussie accent, and I am amused. ))

    Mathus:

    "Okay, so Vale’s driving the speeder.
    Jaana, you driving our original vehicle again?"

    Vale: (( XD ))

    Taliq: (( HAHAHA ))

    Mathus:

    "And then who’s going to the get the
    other vehicle I don’t OOCly know the name of?"

    Taliq:

    "I can drive"

    • Taliq cracks her knuckles


    Jshock-GM: (( makesomethingup-500-x, Mathus.
    ))






    Vale:

    "I want to take the bang up shooter."

    Mathus: (( The trolley. ))

    Lowurra:

    hrraaaaaar (gets into the gunner seat)

    Vale:

    "We can sell it for scrap, jsut gotta
    give it some tender love and care to her her there."

    Mathus:

    "Alright, so Jaana in the crawler,
    Vale and Lowurra in the speeder, and I’ll accompany Taliq in the
    trolley."

    • Vale pats it affectionately.





    Taliq:

    "Aight"

    • Mathus hoists the KOed guy over his shoulder.





    Taliq:

    "Happy to have the mechanic with me"

    Mathus:

    "Just stay behind the speeder, in case
    it spontaneously crashes."

    Vale:

    "Makes sense."

    • Jaana Raeth starts piloting towards New
      Meen…



    Foxtrot says to the GMs: As a pilot, is this is a silly decision to take
    it, given it’s condition?









    Jshock-GM:

    The airspeeder definitely looks like a
    piece of junk.







    Vale:

    Hmm

    • Mathus mentions something to Taliq once
      they’re in the trolley.






    Mathus:

    "Thanks for sticking up for me back
    there."

    Jshock-GM:

    You jump in and play around with the
    controls; you’re having to feather the accelerator to get it to
    runn with any semblance of smoothness.

    Taliq:

    "I did?"

    • Taliq grins at Mathus








    Jshock-GM:

    After another hour, you can see the
    lights of New Meen. As if on cue, you hear a loud BANG from the
    airspeeder, and white smoke starts pouring out of the power plant.







    Vale:

    +Not a good sound guys+

    Jshock-GM:

    It powers down, and gently noses into
    the sandy soil.

    Vale:

    +Ugh I tried. Mind if I get a pick
    up?
    +

    Mathus:

    "When Jaana was accusing me of- wait,
    moment."

    Desert merc:

    "My baby…"

    Desert merc:

    • Desert merc gently weeps

    Mathus:

    "You take poor care of your babies…"

    • Mathus sounds subtly pissed.


    Mathus whispers: Hmm, how long
    would it probably take to fix the speeder?



    You whisper to JeffG: you sure
    you’re a droid tech?



    You whisper to JeffG: FIX? You
    a funny guy.



    You whisper to JeffG: that is
    now a paperweight.






    Mathus:

    +Jaana should have room for you two.+

    Mathus:

    "We’ll discuss this later in private,
    okay Taliq? Got something to ask of you."

    • Jaana Raeth picks up vale… (wait, not in
      that way..
      )



    Taliq: (( ROFL ))


    Vale: (( XD ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Description inbound…









    Jshock-GM:






    New Meem looks set to redefine the word
    "hardscrabble". The settlement is little more than a shanty
    town, nestled into the base of the cliffs that tower above
    it. A great pile of soil and rocky debris has been raised up
    recently along the south side of the settlement. A few of
    the settlement’s buildings look like permanant (if
    ramshackle) structures, but most of the residents seem to
    make their homes in tents and lean-tos. You guide the
    speeder through its dirt track streets, avoiding piles of
    detrius and vapor condensers. No one seems eager to greet
    you on arrival, though you do see the frightened faces of
    twi’leks peer out from the tent flaps as you cruise by.





    Mathus: (( Crawler & trolley. Speeder’s now a
    paperweight. ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Right; things were different when I
    wrote that…




    Taliq: (( Wait, who are they fighting again?
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    you’ve heard they were being harassed
    by aquilish…




    Taliq: (( That’s right ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Moving tokens…


  • Jaana Raeth finds someplace to ‘park’

  • Taliq skids in to parallel park next to her





  • Taliq:


    makes a l33t parking s5i77s check!
                  
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 2

    Vale:

    "Right, we’ll need to make contact
    with the…contact."

    Vale:

    "Let them know about ban before just
    throwing a body on them."

    Taliq:

    "It may help Bura’s cause more if we
    let them assume that the Aqualish were responsible for his death."

    Jshock-GM:

    After a few minutes, you start to
    gather a crowd…

    Jaana Raeth:

    "There were some with that group."

    Taliq:

    "Precisely"

    Older twilek:

    "Did you say B’ura?"

    Mathus:

    "You think the aqualish were working
    with Teemo?"

    Taliq:

    "They definitely were" WINK

    • Mathus keeps his mouth shut as the crowd
      gathers.


  • Taliq lifts Bura out of the speeder and
    carries him forward



  • Jshock-GM: (( you hear mumbling of the name
    "bura" among the crowd ))



    Taliq: (( he’s still covered though, I
    assume ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK



    Taliq: (( He was a hero of the people
    ))



    Taliq: (( And we let him die by not playing
    our turn order correctly XD ))



    Taliq: (( OK FACE GO! ))








    Jshock-GM:

    the older twi’lek looks curious, then
    realization dawns on his face…







    Older twilek:

    "No…"

    Jshock-GM:

    The crowd starts to wail and moan…
    soon, you hear the noise carry throughout the entire community

    Lowurra:

    Raaaarr!!!!!

    • Vale looks around the group








    Jshock-GM:

    "Come in… tell me what happened…"






    Older twilek:

    • Older twilek waves you into a large tent
      towards the center of town
    • Vale follows.

  • Mathus frowns and follows him silently.


  • Mathus: (( Hrm, is Mathus taking the mercenary
    with him? ))






    Garos:

    "I should introduce myself… I am
    Garos. My family was one of the first."

    Mathus: (( I doubt we’re just leaving him in the
    trolley. ))

    Taliq: (( I was gonna leave him in the car
    lol, but w/e ))

    • Jaana Raeth avoids giving Mathus a semi
      accusitory glance


  • Lowurra prods the merc forward with his
    vibroaxe









  • Jshock-GM:

    Garos’s wife looks in from another
    ‘room’… He has her take the body from Taliq and put it down on a
    sleeping mat







    Garos:

    "Please… I just want to know what
    happened…"

    Vale:

    "We were attacked en route. He took
    fire. It was over so quickly."

    • Taliq complies solemly





    Garos:

    • Garos frowns looking briefly enraged

    Taliq:

    "He died bravely."

    Garos:

    "Who did this? Was it Drombb’s people?"

    Vale: (( Is Drombb anyhting i’d know about?
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( Off the top of your head? No.
    Give me a Streetwise (3d). ))

    Taliq:

    "There were aqualish among them."

    Foxtrot:


    makes a Hmm check!
                
    Successes:
    3
    / Threat: 2

    Vale: (( reimpersonated
    ))

    Jshock-GM: (( oddly, you HAVE heard the name
    before… a shady, two bit contractor willing to cut corners for an
    extra cred or two. ))

    Vale:

    "Not sure it was. Mighta been. Like I
    said, all happened so fast."

    You whisper to Foxtrot: note
    that when i say contractor, I mean it… someone who works in
    construction

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: gotcha! and the whole problem right now is to
    do with mining yeah?

    You whisper to Foxtrot: correct

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: do I have any available information to make a
    connection?

    Player "not" is not connected.

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: that my char would have ) but I do not?)

    You whisper to Foxtrot: not
    really… as far as you know, he’s just a shady contractor, not a gun
    for hire

    Mathus:

    "You could always ask the person who
    shot him."

    • Mathus nods towards the captive merc.





    Vale:

    "This looked a bit rougher than thugs
    and goons for hire."

    • Taliq inwardly facepalms, realising she
      should have briefed the merc before hand






    Garos:

    • Garos flips the table, starts to throttle the
      merc

    Vale: (( *these ))

    • Mathus blinks, steps back a bit.





    Mathus:

    "Uh…"

    Desert merc 95:

    • Desert merc 95 "GETTIMOFFAME!!!"

    Vale:

    "Good work Mathus."

    • Taliq looks disinclined to help the merc








    GAros’s wife:

    "Garos! NOOOO!"






    Vale:

    ’Easy friend! Calm yourself!"

    • Mathus finally comes to and tries to pull
      them apart.









    GAros’s wife:

    Mathus, give me a brawl (normal diff)
    to grapple







    Mathus:


    makes a Brawl check!
              
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 2

    Vale: (( totally picturing the wife saying
    that
    ))

    Taliq: (( His wife wants to "brawl" with you
    Mathus!
    ))

    GAros’s wife:

    Garos is old, but tough. He shrigs off
    your attempts.

    Lowurra:

    Rawr!

    Taliq: (( Wants you to "grapple" nudge nudge
    wink wink say no more ))

    Desert merc 95:

    Desert merc 95 takes 6 wounds.
    Desert
    merc 95 takes 0 strain.

    Vale: (( can i make a charm test? ))

    GAros’s wife:

    Sure

    GAros’s wife:

    Call it vs 2d

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
            
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 3

    Vale:

    "This guy’s clearly a patsy, get a
    hold of yoruself!"

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
        
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 2

    Taliq: (( She wants you to charm her, Vale!
    (OK I’ll stop )
    ))

    Vale:

    difficulty?

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a check!
        
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    Garos:

    • Garos gets a grip before killing the merc

    Vale: (( what difficulty do I need? ))

    Vale:

    Sorry my bad

    Garos:

    "Get him out of my sight."

    Vale: (( hadn’t read ))

    Mathus:

    "Why was Bura captured in the first
    place?"

    • Taliq nod and carries the merc away


    GAros’s wife: (( someone wasn’t paying
    attention when B’ura explained that. ))



    Taliq: (( that was WEEKS ago
    ))



    Mathus: (( Urgh, true… looks up logs ))


    GAros’s wife: (( I put the logs up ))





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Captured AND taken to Tatooine…"

    Taliq: (( But he was en route to place to
    see some friends ))

    Taliq: (( And got captured ))

    Garos:

    "We don’t know. He left for help and was
    never seen again…"

    Mathus:

    "How many groups are fighting you over
    these mines?"

    Xie says to the GMs: Can I have a quick chat with the merc and ask him
    to stick to our/my version of the story? That he was hired by Bura’s
    enemies? :P

    Xie says to the GMs: Helps him be more of a martyr. But if that’s
    needlessly complicating the narrative feel free to tell me to STFU ;)

    Garos:

    "Just Drombb and his hooligans! He drove
    out the aquilish gangs… except for the few that he hired back
    on. He’s no better!"

    Mathus:

    "So… B’ura left for help against
    Drombb?"

    Garos:

    "No! Drombb is new; he only arrived a
    few weeks ago!"

    • Mathus nods.





    Vale:

    "got any ideas where’s he’s from?"

    Mathus:

    "Or what connections he has?"

    Taliq: (( Interesting. So Bura dove out the
    aqualish, but then Drombb moved in to fill the vacuum ))

    Garos:

    "I don’t know. He started building his
    ‘entertainment complex’ a few kilometers away claiming he was
    going to bring in business, but we all KNOW he’s just after the
    land and the mines!"

    Garos:

    "Just look at that glorious pile of
    rubble he’s left on our doorstep!"

    Garos:

    • Garos indicates something outside his tent

    Mathus:

    "Hmm?"

    • Mathus looks.

  • Taliq looks

  • Lowurra looks








  • GAros’s wife:

    On the southern side of the town,
    there is indeed a fresh pile of earth and rubble threatening to
    cave in on some of the tents.







    Mathus:

    "What else has he done?"

    Taliq: (( Rubble from him building his
    entertainment center? ))

    Garos:

    "His workers are no better than the
    gangs. They come in and harass the people just as the aquilish
    did!"

    Mathus:

    "Workers from off-planet?"

    Garos:

    "I’m quite sure some of them ARE the
    same aquilish!"

    Garos:

    "Mostly off worlders, though…"

    Garos:

    • Garos sighs

    Vale:

    "Have the killed any of you lot yet?"

    Lowurra:

    rrraaaarrr (So we kill them all, take
    their weapons, and train you in their use?)

    Garos:

    • Garos looks confused

    Garos:

    "Err, wha…?"

    Taliq:

    "That sounds like a plan Lowurra."

    Vale:

    "Yes…a…plan."

    • Mathus frowns.





    Garos:

    "What did he say…?"

    Mathus:

    "He suggested killing them all,
    looting their dead bodies, and training you how to fight."

    Taliq:

    "Look, Bura really helped us out back
    there, when all he wanted was to get back here to protect New
    Meen."

    Garos:

    "Yes, that sounds like him. Never
    looking out for himself…"

    Mathus:

    "We’d like to return the favor."

    Taliq:

    "It’d be our pleasure to honour his
    memory by helping you out."

    Taliq: (( Yeah, he didn’t look out for
    himself ENOUGH lol ))

    Garos:

    "Oh, and what do you suggest? We’re not
    soldiers."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Questioning being, wht kind of help
    do you actualyl want."

    GAros’s wife:

    As your’e talking, you all hear a
    gigantic CRASH and the sound of a building collapsing…"

    Mathus:

    "What the-"

    • Mathus rushes out to look.








    Vale:

    "Dafeth"



    Mathus: (( Where we at? ))

  • Vale rushes out too

  • Lowurra joins in


  • Jaana Raeth: (( kind aslow map load… ))


    GAros’s wife: (( lot of stuff on this one ))








    GAros’s wife:






    As you spill out of the tent, you spot a scene of
    destruction. A large tracked earth mover (with the word
    DROMBB emblazoned on the side) has smashed into one of the
    town’s dwellings. Fortunately, no one seems to have been
    hurt, but the house looks fit to collapse and a large vapor
    condenser has been ruined in the crash. The twi’leks are
    distraught, shouting about their potential fate when the
    next storm comes; the drivers of the vehicle seem
    unconcerned.





    GAros’s wife: (( Both parties are shouting
    at each other. The voices of the ones on the earth mover seem slurred. ))









    Mathus:

    "…Lovely. They’re driving machinery
    while drunk?"







    Garos:

    "It’s them…"

    Tatooed thug:

    • Tatooed thug looks over at you 5

    Vale: (( still loading for me
    ))

    Taliq: (( lol the twi’lek bystanders ))

    Mathus: (( Just finished loading. ))

    Tatooed thug:

    "HEYYYYYYYY!!! That yurr speeder over
    there? We gotta problem here… we wanna borrow YOURS for a couple
    a minutes!"

    • Lowurra loops around darting from building
      to building to get behind them






    Tatooed thug:

    • Tatooed thug throws an empty bottle at the
      side of the demolished building, smashing it

    Jshock-GM:

    alright, Init… Cool all around…

    Mathus:


    makes a Cool check!
        
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 2

    Drekkan:


    makes a check!
            
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Collness check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 1

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Thugs init check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 1

    Xie:


    makes a Ice Ice Baby! check!
          
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 2

    Foxtrot:


    makes a Cool for cats check!
          
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 5

    Jshock-GM:

    Looks like the thugs go dead last.

    Mathus:

    "Not the time…"

    • Mathus looks simmering.


    Mathus: (( What armor/weapons do they seem to
    have? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Sidearms and fine bantha skin jackets.









    Taliq:

    "They’re just thugs, we might be able
    to talk them out of it."







    Mathus:

    "Please do, I’m very tempted to smash
    one of their heads into the ground…"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Drunk, beligerent, think they own the
    place… not the negotiating type I’d say."

    Jshock-GM:

    How much can you guys see? Are my
    lights giving off shadows?

    Taliq: (( I can see everything ))

    Mathus: (( Same. ))

    Vale: (( small eclipse like shadow I guess ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Something is funny; vision is set for
    50 on this map, but everything’s illuminated

    Jshock-GM:

    Ah, that’s why; my lights have sight

    Jaana Raeth:

    well.. the range from me to the eadge
    of the lit zone IS 50

    Vale: (( totally feeding my cat kangaroo cat
    treats right now ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Why is it exposing everything though?
    The lights don’t go that far

    Jshock-GM:

    PITA

    Jshock-GM:

    Anyway, shadows cause a setback for
    doing visual based stuff

    Jshock-GM:

    Who’s going first?

    Mathus: (( Do they also cause setbacks for
    trying to punch them in the face? ))

    Vale: (( I don’t have an initiative counter,
    or shadows, ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yes, since that’s visual

    Vale: (( sweet ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Ugh… hide NPCs seems to be a
    default… is there a way to turn that off?

    Jaana Raeth:

    it might save with the file… it’s
    usually ON by defaul in my campaign files * shrug *

    Taliq: (( aha! Here there be shadows! ))

    Vale: (( yaharrrr ))

    Jshock-GM:

    They still there?

    Mathus:

    The NPCs? Yeah.

    Jshock-GM:

    The shadows

    Mathus:

    Yeah, we see shadows now.

    Vale: (( yeah I have shadows ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, good.

    Jaana Raeth: (( it;s like there’s a large light
    source right near me or the dark side token that’s out to 50… then 4
    other lights with shadow sections ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Yeah, I don’t get that; there’s
    nothing there

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s supposed to be there

    Jshock-GM:

    I don’t know why everything else is
    exposed past that though

    Jaana Raeth:

    i/w js in my map panel, there’s four
    ‘revealed’ light sources, and three ‘hidden’ one… double
    clickign augh to zone to them I think…

    Jaana Raeth:

    whisper fail

    Taliq: (( Happens to the best of us _ ))

    Mathus: (( Heh. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Let me try something

    Taliq: (( OK now its all black… ))

    Taliq: (( And back! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I don’t get it. Let’s move on

    Jaana Raeth whispers: random
    thought, does something on the background layer have a light source?

    Taliq: (( Doesn’t matter, the shadows are
    what’s important ))

    Mathus: (( K. Want to let Taliq try to talk them
    down first? ))

    • Taliq shrugs





    Taliq:

    "You’re probably right Jaana."

    Taliq:

    "Let’s go with Lowurra’s plan."

    Jaana Raeth: (( she can have out first action and
    see how thye react… ))

    Taliq: (( With her history with negotiation
    checks? No thanks!
    ))

    Taliq: (( … though it would be HILARIOUS ))

    Tatooed thug:

    • Tatooed thug "Whadderyoo waitin’ for, ya
      kriffin’ ’lek?"

    Mathus: (( Yeah, I say go for it. Maybe it’ll
    cause them to hesitate and let us close in on them? ))

    Taliq: (( OH NO HE DIDN’T!! ))

    • Taliq walks forward, hands resting on the
      but of her gun



    Vale: (( Unless anyone objects, i’m jsut
    firing on them when its my turn ))



    Taliq: (( How far is a decent stride? ))


    Vale: (( so I’ll go towards the end to let
    people try different thing ))



    Mathus: (( Mhm. Setting your blaster to stun? ))





    Tatooed thug:

    • Tatooed thug squints, watching you walk up

    Jshock-GM:

    that’s fine by me

    Vale: (( oh…yeah spose I should
    ))

    • Taliq stands so that half of her is in shadow








    Jshock-GM:

    what’s your angle here?


  • Taliq squints at the thugs


  • Jaana Raeth: (( they seem to be in my new long
    range…
    ))



    Taliq: (( squints like Clint Eastwood! ))


    Taliq: (( Nice! ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Range bands are flexible… you can
    get to there




    Taliq: (( I guess I"m going for
    intimidation? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    OK, what exactly are you saying?



    Taliq: (( We’re professionals, you’re just
    thugs, so gtfo of my town you racist pigs?
    ))



    Taliq: (( I was gonna wait for the result of
    my roll before roleplaying it ))









    Jshock-GM:

    hang on, need to see what opposes intim



    Taliq: (( So I can make it appropriately
    hilarious ))



    Mathus: (( Good call. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Heh, so it’s your Coerce vs their
    Discipline (1d). Any mods?




    Taliq: (( Do I get a boost for standing
    strategically half-shadowed and squinting like a badass?
    ))






    Taliq:


    makes a Squinting like a boss check!
          
    Successes:
    2
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Taliq: (( Hey, that’s not horrible… ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Alright, they’re shaken, but not
    bowed. They’ll take setback to their next action.

    • Taliq taps her carbine and grins





    Taliq:

    "Call me a "lek" one… more…
    time…"

    Aquilish thug:

    Hronk groo gorp grrrt hrrp hrrp

    Taliq: (( I’ll take shaken ))

    Tatooed thug:

    "Yeah, you’re right… somethin’
    different here…"

    Mathus: (( Heh, I think Lowurra should go up
    next and make a Coerce check too. ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    any objection to me shooting to stun
    tatoo face?

    Jaana Raeth:

    or that

    Taliq: (( I only object to the "stun" part
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    send in the wookie

    Lowurra: (( I only have 2 coerce… ))

    Mathus: (( They have 1d. Chance it. ))

    Mathus: (( Nope, but let me & the wookie go up
    and look mean. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    is that 2 ranks in Coerce? You realize
    what kind of power yellow has?

    Jaana Raeth:

    then vale and I will snipe

    Lowurra:

    Raaaaaaaaawr!!!

    Vale: (( awesome ))

    Lowurra: (( no 0 ranks, just 2 will ))

    Taliq: (( But a fierce will it is! ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Oh; that’s still average

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
          
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 1

    Taliq: (( Aw…
    ))

    Tatooed thug:

    "Quiet yer furball!"

    Mathus: (( Argh, what can you spend 1 advantage
    on? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    heal 1 strain? What did you have in
    mind?

    Lowurra: (( can’t I give the next player a boost?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    that’s 2

    Mathus: (( Think that’s 2 advantage. ))

    Lowurra: (( with 2 giving ANY following player a
    boost? ))

    Mathus: (( Ah, true. 1 advantage can add 1 boost
    to the next ally’s check. ))

    Lowurra: (( will do that ))

    Vale: (( is it a maneuver or incidental to
    set to stun? ))

    • Mathus walks up next staying shrouded in the
      shadows.



    Mathus: (( Alright, making the Coerce check now.
    ))









    Jshock-GM:

    incidental; you’re flipping a safety
    switch







    Mathus:


    makes a Coerce check!
            
    Successes:
    None
    / Advantage: 4

    Vale: (( thought so, just didn’t want to
    assume
    ))

    Jaana Raeth whispers: I’ll be
    firing.. long range weapon from and into shadow… what’s the purple and
    red for that?

    Mathus:

    "…What he means to say is, we’ve had
    a very long day. And you’re on the verge of pissing off people you
    shouldn’t…"

    Mathus: (( Hmm, 4 advantage… ))

    Mathus: (( Heh, for 3 advantage I can force one
    target to drop their weapon… ))

    You whisper to Tygaran: that’s
    3d, 1s for you… they’re minions, I’m ruling them as being in shadow/
    behind cover

    Mathus: (( Actually, wait, 4 advantage. Can I
    use that to give 2 of them an extra setback on their next action? ))

    Mathus: (( One setback per 2 advantage. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    They’re a mionion group, and you can’t
    normally buy multiples of the same advantage (unless it says
    otherwise)

    Jshock-GM:

    so, you can give them a setback, and
    something else

    Mathus: (( Okay, 1 setback for 2 advantage, then
    give Jaana a boost with the other 2 advantage. ))

    • Mathus seems dangerously close to pissed.

  • Jaana Raeth attempts to drop the guy with
    the tattoo…






  • Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Stun Tattoo face check!
                    
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 2

    Mathus: (( With that, turn’s done. ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( at least he’s hit… ))

    Jshock-GM:

    so, that’s like 10 stun – soak…

    Jaana Raeth:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Heavy Bladter Rifle

    R (Hvy)

    Long

    11



    • You deal 11 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for

    • Pierce 1 – Ignores 1 point of Soak

    Jaana Raeth:

    ^ I think that’s right…

    Thug minion group:

    Thug minion group takes 0 wounds.
    Thug
    minion group takes 7 strain.

    Jshock-GM:

    oh, wait; strain converts into wounds
    for minions

    • Jaana Raeth maneuvers into cover (can I
      stealth with that? or is that a diff maneuver>)






    Thug minion group:

    Thug minion group takes 7 wounds.
    Thug
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Vale: (( Ima shoot at the guy behind tattoo
    face cuz he’s in the light (or doe shte group count as obscured?) ))

    Taliq: (( lol ))

    Jshock-GM:

    group counts as obscured

    Vale: (( gotcha ))

    Vale: (( You doing anyhting else Jaana? ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    stealthing if I can do that as I move
    behind cover,,,

    Jshock-GM:

    They’ll utilize that threat…

    Taliq: (( Of course they do ))

    Tatooed thug:

    "Take cover, boys!"

    Jshock-GM:

    They’re now 2 setback to shoot

    Vale: (( am I in range there? ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a stealth if possible check!
            
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 4

    Vale: (( don’t ahve ma circlessss to tell me
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    and done

    Jshock-GM:

    VAle?

    Vale: (( shooting ))

    Vale: (( 3d 2 s? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    yeah

    Vale:


    makes a Shoottttes check!
                      
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 2

    Mathus: (( Nice. ))

    Vale:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    H. Blaster pistol

    R-Light

    Medium

    7



    • You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each
    rolled.
    • Crit 3 ()

    Jshock-GM:

    More threat for the GM

    Thug minion group:

    Thug minion group takes 5 wounds.
    Thug
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Vale:

    "Should have listened, lads!"

    Jshock-GM:

    your flurry of bolts manages to drop 2.

    Rodian thug:

    Rodian thug is defeated!

    Aquilish thug:

    Aquilish thug is defeated!

    Jshock-GM:

    they circle around into better cover

    Jshock-GM:

    They draw blasters and shoot at the
    twi’lek…

    Taliq: (( RUH ROH ))

    Taliq: (( NOW I wish I took dodge
    ))

    Jshock-GM:


    makes a Thugs shooting check!
                  
    Successes:
    None
    / Threat: 3

    Jshock-GM:

    You want that threat?

    Taliq: (( Yeah, free maneuver? ))

    Jaana Raeth: (( our turn to use threat
    ))

    Mathus: (( 2 threat for 1 free maneuver. ))

    Taliq: (( Or boost on my next turn? ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    chargnign wookie?

    Mathus: (( and the last point of threat to cause
    one of them to stumble out of cover? ))

    Mathus: (( 1 threat: active character loses
    benefits of a prior maneuver, like taking cover. ))

    Taliq: (( Good call mathus ))

    Taliq: (( I mean Jeff
    ))

    Young human thug:

    "I got ’im, boss!"

    Tatooed thug:

    "Theebo, NOOOO!"

    Taliq: (( Silly Theebo! ))

    Vale: (( Oh Theebo "wipes wingle tear" the
    brave die young ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Who’s up?

    Taliq: (( I say we wookiee them ))

    Mathus: (( So, can Lowurra & I charge the guy in
    back and let the other ranged take out the guy in front? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    They’re a group… they act as a
    single entity. Doesn’t matter.

    Jshock-GM:

    That sounds like good fluff, though.

    Taliq: (( you’re assuming they’ll survive
    this turn
    ))

    Lowurra: (( 1d on the difficulty? ))

    Mathus: (( Heh. I’ll let the wookie attack
    first. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    2d

    Jshock-GM:

    2d is default for melee / brawl

    Mathus: (( They errata’ed that. ))

    Lowurra: (( so I got a free maneuver which I use
    to charge, and then I can use my regular maneuver to aim? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    ouch… yeah

    Lowurra:


    makes a check!
                  
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 1

    Lowurra:

    Wookiee Rage

    Inherent: When you are wounded, you deal +1
    damage with all Melee and Brawl based attacks. When you are
    critically injured, you deal +2 with all Melee and Brawl
    based attacks instead.

    Lowurra:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Vibro Axe

    Melee

    Engaged

    7




    • You deal 8 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Pierce 2: Target’s soak is reduced by 2 against this attack.

    Jshock-GM:

    Poor theebo…

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Jshock-GM:

    who dies – Theebo or his tatooed
    friend?

    Lowurra: (( tattoo ))

    Thug minion group:

    Thug minion group takes 11 wounds.
    Thug
    minion group takes 0 strain.

    Tatooed thug:

    Tatooed thug is defeated!

    Young human thug:

    "WRYYYYYYY!!!"

    Mathus: (( Give next player a boost? ))

    Taliq:

    "Poor kid. Just got in with the wrong
    crowd."

    Mathus: (( Is the kid engaged with the wookie?
    AKA ranged is already taking a setback? ))

    • Taliq ushers the civilians out of the way of
      the fight






    Lowurra:

    boost

    Taliq: (( Just spending a turn protectin the
    civies, trying to get them into cover, if it even matters
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    …I don’t think it’s going to come to
    that…

    Jshock-GM:

    who’s next?

    • Mathus will charge, maneuver to aim, and
      then Brawl.









    Jshock-GM:

    actually, since you didn’t get a free
    maneuver like the wookiee…




    Mathus: (( Spend 2 strain for that? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    spend some strain. No aim (that’s 3
    maneuvers).




    Mathus: (( K. ))





    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes
    2 strain.

    Mathus:


    makes a Brawl check!
                
    Successes:
    1
    / No Advantage or Threat

    Mathus:

    Weapon

    Skill

    Max Range

    Dmg

    Dice

    Shock Gloves

    Brawl

    Engaged

    3



    • You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
    rolled.
    • Inflict 3 strain (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .

    Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

    Jshock-GM:

    Actually, did you strain lowurra? Not
    that it matters?

    • Mathus hits for 4 damage.








    Jshock-GM:

    Plenty. The poor kid drops like a sack
    of groundroots.







    Young human thug:

    Young human thug is defeated!

    • Mathus grimaces at the tattooed guy nearly
      cleaved in half, then goes over to check the digger.









    Jshock-GM:

    Cheers from the bystanders!



    Mathus whispers: So… how easy
    will it be to sabotage it so it’ll take a while to fix?



    Taliq: (( Yeah, that digger might be
    injured, better fix it! XD ))


  • Vale checks the who downed thugs





  • Vale:

    "Any one got any rope?"

    Mathus: (( The poor digger! ))

    Mathus whispers: Well… while
    making it look like an "accident". Or normal wear.

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s probably tricky, Mathus

    Mathus:

    3d?

    Jshock-GM:

    Combination of Mechanics / Skuldiggery

    Mathus:

    Okay, so 3d Mechanics, 3d Skulduggery?

    Jshock-GM: (( heh… skuldiggery. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Sure

    Mathus:

    Anyone mind if I spend 1 destiny on
    the Skulduggery?

    Jshock-GM:

    It’ll take you the rest of the night,
    too

    Vale: (( while this is happening, can i
    search for rope to tie up the stunend thugs? ))

    Mathus: (( Oh… nm, then. ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq has some binders…

    Mathus whispers: Hmm, could I
    steal the car keys?

    • Taliq hands over some binders

    Taliq:

    "Don’t think I’ll need them for any
    local bounties"

    Jshock-GM:

    It doesn’t have keys, MAthus.

    Mathus:

    Then how do they keep others from
    running them?

    • Vale binds the thugs.








    Jshock-GM:

    Perhaps they don’t?


  • Mathus thinks deviously for a moment before
    rejoining Taliq and Vale.

  • Mathus:

    "So… how do the others look?"

    • Jaana Raeth treats the less thuggy-looking
      youngster



    Player "he’s" is not connected.

    Jaana Raeth:

    "OK kid.. time to wake up and explain
    this mess…"

    Young human thug:

    • Young human thug gets shaken out of it

    Young human thug:

    Young human thug recovers.

    • Vale grabs a hold of one of the unconscious
      thugs and motions to Taliq to do the same with the toher, and drags them
      round in to the light with everyone else.






    Young human thug:

    "Huh… wha..?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Good morning… kinda. Explanation
    time."

    • Taliq complies





    Young human thug:

    " I ain’t sayin’ nothin’!"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Take a look over there," points past
    teh wookie to the split tatoo guy

    Jaana Raeth:

    "He didn’t want to explane either…"

    Lowurra:

    hurhurhur

    Vale: (( XDDD ))

    Young human thug:

    "Stone cold, man!!!"

    • Jaana Raeth shugs





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Tell me, what planet are you on, hmm?"

    Young human thug:

    "Ryloth, innit? With all the ’lek heads?"

    • Mathus glances at Taliq, then at the thug.





    Taliq:

    "Cruisin’ for a bruisin’…"

    • Taliq sighs





    Mathus:

    "…Are you sure you want to use
    that word?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You do realize this is THEIR planet?
    They’re the natives are everyone else is little more than an
    invader."

    Young human thug:

    "Boss Drombb gonna raze all this to the
    GROUND, man!!!"

    Young human thug:

    "It don’t matter in the long run!!!"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Oh really? Then there’s no reason for
    us to leave him.. or you in that case, alive."

    Vale:

    "Like he tries to just now?"

    Young human thug:

    • Young human thug laughs nervously

    Young human thug:

    "What? You can’t go killin’ Theebo the
    boy, man…"

    Mathus:

    "…Why would your boss want to raze
    all this to the ground?"

    • Mathus stares sternly at the thug.





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Why not? Hutts already hate use…
    what’s a small timer like him to us?"

    Young human thug:

    "Coz they got all the RYLL, man? Why
    else?"

    Mathus: (( Ryll’s the mineral they mine, right?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    It’s a spice; a narcotic. Has some
    medical uses, but easy to abuse.

    Mathus: (( Oh, but it’s what they mine, correct?
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    right

    Mathus:

    "…Wasn’t he supposed to be building
    an entertainment complex?"

    Young human thug:

    • Young human thug laughs nervously again

    Young human thug:

    "Sure he is, man! Big lights, big city
    coming to this dirtball!"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Some idiots consider narcotics a form
    of entertainment."

    • Mathus pauses, walks over to the tattooed
      guy, drags him behind the building.









    Jshock-GM:

    part of him?



    Mathus: (( Both parts? ))





    Taliq:

    "I know, right? It’s all about the
    hallucinogens."

    Jshock-GM:

    Messy work, but OK

    • Mathus is glad he hasn’t eaten yet today.


    Mathus: (( recently, at least. ))


    Vale: (( 0.0 ))


    Taliq: (( Um… what is Mathus doing?! o.O ))








    Jshock-GM:

    you thought he smelled bad on the
    outside…




    Mathus whispers: Searching him
    for keycards, identification, how do these guys get into work?



    Taliq: (( XD ))








    Jshock-GM:

    …make a perception…



    Mathus: (( I’m gonna spend a Destiny on it. ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Be my guest. No difficulty.






    Vale:

    "So, you found Mathus on
    tatooine…and he’s never been off planet before…"

    Mathus:


    makes a Perception check!
        
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 3

    Mathus: (( Mind if I use the advantage to notice
    something else important? ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Big lights… I think we can arrange
    that for him… maybe rig his digger there to overload and explode
    in the middle of his place. That’d be a nice bright light."

    Taliq:

    "… I don’t know what he’s doing half
    the time…"

    Vale:

    "That’s a good plan Jaana, mind you,
    now this guys knows it, so I guess we’d better off the poor guy.
    Such a shame."

    You whisper to JeffG: you find
    a couple of credits on him… and some string of numbers. Also, you
    manage to keep yourself mostly clean.

    Vale: (( totally just ebing intimidating
    here ))

    Mathus whispers: I’ll pocket
    both.

    • Mathus walks back around, frowning.


    Vale: (( Again… 0.0 ))





    Taliq:

    "We can rig him to be riding the
    digger at the time…"

    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus has his hands covered in blood.

    Taliq: (( >
    ))

    • Mathus tries to wipe it off.





    Taliq:


    Mathus:

    "What have you been drinking, or
    taking, anyway?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "I have another idea. He wants Ryll
    for his boss? I imagine the locals coudl use another pair of hands
    mining the stuff. No need to spare protective egar tho… He’ll
    get a nice close exposure and know first hand what his boss wants
    people to do. Perspective, you know?"

    • Taliq blinks at Mathus





    Vale:

    "You okay there buddy? You got red on
    you."

    • Mathus looks at the thug.





    Mathus:

    "Yes, I know..>"

    Jshock-GM:

    That… doesnt’t work too well. You
    just end up smearing it on your clothes, on the walls, etc.

    Mathus:

    "Ugh… anyone got a hankerchief?"

    • Mathus looks a bit pale.





    Mathus:

    "Else I can just wipe them on his
    clothes."

    • Mathus gestures towards the young thug.





    Young human thug:

    • Young human thug looks over at Mathus, goes
      white, and faints

    Young human thug:

    Young human thug is knocked out cold!

    • Mathus blinks.





    Mathus:

    "Wow, he had a weak stomach."

    Jshock-GM:

    Fade to black…

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Taliq: (( And Mathus use to be such a good
    boy…
    ))

    Mathus:

    So basically, the completely innocent
    engineer was the one who scared him the most?

    Taliq: (( Yeah, but you scared US TOO
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    You had his buddy’s guts all over your
    hands… what do you expect?

    Tygaran:

    you drag off a slightly dismembered
    body and come back like you painted his blood on yourself… I was
    just talkign to him

    Mathus:

    …Point.

    Taliq: (( Um… gotta say you don’t do
    anything by halves, if that was JUST TO INTIMIDATE him XD ))

    Vale: (( oh you guuuuuuys ))

    Jshock-GM:

    I toned that down with his adv… I
    was going to describe him as gore soaked

    • Mathus looks quite pale about it himself.

  • Mathus looks up at the others.





  • Mathus:

    "…What? Oh, this?"

    • Mathus holds up his bloody hands.





    Taliq:

    XD

    Taliq: (( rofl ))

    Taliq: (( OMG ))

    Xie:

    XD

    Jshock-GM:

    I changed the size of the dice… you
    guys like it? I think it’s scaling a little funny

    Mathus:

    Yeah, I was wondering about that. I
    liked the previous size better.

    Mathus:

    Current size scales funny.

    Xie:

    Did what now?

    Jshock-GM:

    I changed the img width / height in
    the tags

    • Jaana Raeth plans to hadn the kid over to
      the twi’lek elder and have his punishment be soem hard labor mining…






    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a test check!
          
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 2

    Lowurra:

    mmm

    Lowurra:

    a’ight folks

    Lowurra:

    gotta run

    Jaana Raeth:

    dice synmbols a bit less distinct

    • Jshock-GM kind of wishes MT could handle
      vectors



    Drekkan is disconnected.





    Mathus:

    Heh.

    Xie:

    Yeah that’d make it easier

    Mathus:

    Later Drek.

    Xie:

    Chat supports HTML though, right?

    Xie:

    Does it support CSS?

    Mathus:

    Yeah, much less distinct. I prefer the
    original size; I could read it no problem.

    Jshock-GM:

    It’ss an earlier vers of HTML / css

    Xie:

    nvm, worry about it later

    Xie:

    Oh I see

    Xie:

    They should hurry up and update to
    JavaScript

    Xie:

    THEN we’ll be talking

    Jshock-GM:

    I know what you’re getting at

    Xie:

    (And HTML5, obviosuly )

    Jshock-GM:

    I’d be content with a final vers so
    they can start working on a new one

    Mathus:

    I thought they had a final version
    already and were working on the new one.

    Jshock-GM:

    Not quite yet

    Mathus:

    Blarg.

    Jshock-GM:

    They’re on final debugging

    Xie:

    Software devs, whatcha gonna do?

    Jshock-GM:

    next one is supposed to be the last

    Xie:

    Speaking of which, I should get some
    sleep ^^_

    Xie:

    gg all!

    Mathus:

    later.

    Xie:

    Fun session XD

    Jshock-GM:

    Same; Talk to tou guys

    • Xie shakes his head








    Xie:

    Oh Mathus…









    Tygaran:

    nigh.. headin gout too



    Xie is disconnected.





    Mathus:

    …What? It’s nothing suspicious!

    Tygaran is disconnected.

    Vale:

    Not suspicious, alarming!