Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 1

Server started; please wait for map to
refresh.

JeffG has connected.

JeffG:

But yeah, reason I suggested it was Shiny wants to run a Twi’lek smuggler "face" for us.

Xie has connected.

Xie:

That was easy!

JeffG:

And having him be imprisoned here
would be a perfect way to bring him into the fold.

Jshock-GM:

Yeah, true dat.

Xie:

… talking to yourself? XD

Jshock-GM:

Only problem I see is I think the
human smuggler pregen FoxTrot’s going to be running is sort of
facey; let me look at the sheet again…

Xie:

Oh wait

Xie:

JeffG

Xie:

lol nvm

Xie:

I thought it was JShock and JShock-GM
for a second there

Mathus:

Aha.

Jshock-GM:

Ha, sicks when you jump into the
middle of a MT conversation, aff?

Tygaran has connected.

Mathus:

Hey Tyg.

Mathus whispers: BTW, hmm… I
forgot that Teemo threatened Mathus’s old mentor in the backstory.

Jaana Raeth:

evening

You whisper to JeffG: I kinda
forgot too…

Xie:

Hey Tug

Xie:

*Tyg

Xie:


Xie:

I’m lisdexic tonight

You whisper to JeffG: and by
"forgot" I mean "skimmed rather than read". :D

Mathus whispers: Aha, so…
it’s not like I forgot anything important to "rescue" him or somesuch.

You whisper to JeffG: bah, get
to gramps later, he’ll be fine…

Jshock-GM:

I’m typing a message to Xie’s friend
FoxTrot, who should be gaming with us next week

Jshock-GM:

Just give me a sec to finish

Mathus:

K. Is Drekken supposed to be here
tonight?

Jshock-GM:

I haven’t heard boo

Jshock-GM:

Anyone else?

Mathus:

Nothing.

Mathus whispers: So yeah, I’ll
tell Shiny he might replace Drekkan, and that we don’t need a face
anymore.

Player "kk" is not connected.

You whisper to JeffG: kk

Xie:

Yeah I told him the server is up

Xie:

… though I didn’t give him any
details to log in

Xie:

Because I’m a good friend like that

Jshock-GM:

We’ll just give him a sec

Foxtrot has connected.

Jshock-GM:

BAM

Mathus:

Weapon

Skill

Max Range

Dmg

Dice

Heavy Blaster Pistol

R (Lt)

Med

7


• You deal 7 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
rolled.
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

Mathus:

Weapon

Skill

Max Range

Dmg

Dice

Shock Gloves

Brawl

Engaged

3



• You deal 3 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
rolled.
• Inflict 3 strain (ignoring Soak) on a hit for .

Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

Mathus:

Weapon

Skill

Max Range

Dmg

Dice

Holdout Blaster

R (Lt)

Short

5



• You deal 5 dmg on a hit, +1 dmg for each extra
rolled.
• Inflict a critical injury on a hit for .

Xie:

Who’s this noob? :3

Jshock-GM:

FNG

Jshock-GM:

;D

Jshock-GM:

Everybody, introduce yourself.

Xie:

a/s/l

Xie:

jk

  • Jaana Raeth is the explorer played by
    Tygaran…






Mathus:

I’m JeffG, newest member of the group.
I’m running Mathus the exasperated mechanic.

Jshock-GM:

Our absent player is Drekkan, who is
playing lowurra, a wookiee gladiator.

Mathus whispers: BTW, did you
see the difficulty for melee combat increased from 1 to 2?

Jaana Raeth whispers: decided
to spedn the 10 xp on a second rank for my slugthrower attack…

Xie:

And I play Taliq the surly Twi’lek
bounty hunter

Foxtrot:

Hi, I’m Foxtrot and I’ll be playing
someone next session though I’m here to lurk and observe and what
not today.

Mathus:

She’s surly?

You whisper to JeffG: it’s been
at 2; I think I might have goofed the first session.

Mathus:

I’m pretty sure she was laughing while
piloting the ship.

Xie:

Hahaha, yeah that’s true

Xie:

I never roleplay characters the way I
see them in my head

Mathus:

Gear, Equipment and Other Items

Stimpacks (2)

Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
Consumed on use.

Emergency Repair Kit (1)

Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a droid. Consumed
on use.

Tool Kit

Allows you to repair mechanical devices and ‘heal’ droids
with the Mechanics skill.

Comlink

Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

Datapad

Handheld computer; access other computer systems.

Reinforced overalls

Soak 1 (already included in soak value).

Xie:

She does fail negotiation and deceit
pretty hard though

Xie:

All those despairs

Jshock-GM:

Oh, and I’m Jshock, the somewhat
megalomaniacal GM. Just in case it wasn’t clear.

Jshock-GM:

You guys ready to start?

  • Mathus is.








Xie:

Even more megalomaniacal when using
your avatar



  • Xie is ready when y’all are

  • Xie cranks some sweet beats








  • Jshock-GM:

    Oh, good call; get my pandora on here









    Jshock-GM:

    Tyg? You good to go?









    Xie:

    Hahaha. Good old Pandora.









    Xie:

    "Star Wars Film Score" playlist GO









    Xie:

    … Queen "We Will Rock You"… o.O



    Mathus: (( Time for Force rolls? ))








    Jshock-GM:

    YES






    Mathus:


    makes a Session Start check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 0 / Dark
    Side: 1

    Xie:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 0 / Dark
    Side: 1

    Xie: (( CARP ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    rdy

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 0 / Dark
    Side: 1

    Jshock-GM:

    Cool; we’re rollong force

    Xie: (( Off to a GREAAAT start ))

    • Jshock-GM rolls for the wookiee once again


    Mathus: (( Rolling for Lowurra, J? ))








    Jshock-GM:


    makes a absent wookiee check!
      
    Successes:
    None
    / No Advantage or Threat
    Light Side: 2 / Dark
    Side: 0




    Xie: (( Yay wookiee! ))








    Jshock-GM:

    Foxtrot, did you play the old SW d20?









    Jshock-GM:

    can’t remember









    Xie:

    Yeah he played in the same campaign I
    was telling you about










    Foxtrot:

    The Saga edition? Yeah I did.









    Jshock-GM:

    Ah, right









    Xie:

    Still is, actually









    Foxtrot:

    Ha yep.









    Jshock-GM:

    Orly? what night?









    Xie:

    Its not online









    Jshock-GM:

    boo









    Xie:

    I… can’t play it anymore









    Foxtrot:

    Hehe, alas it is in person. An hour
    drive away, I’d rather it be online!










    Xie:

    Hahahaha









    Jshock-GM:

    Anyway, force points (for non force
    users) are a bit like fate points. They can add bonus dice to
    rolls that you want to influence.










    Jshock-GM:

    Cept these guys don’t use them…



    Mathus: (( And give you Dark Side points to
    spend? No thanks. ))









    Xie:

    Hahaha. Well at least I know HOW
    they’re used now XD







    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    Jshock-GM:

    Recap incoming!

    Jshock-GM:

    SESSION RECAP





    Success! After a brief firefight with a group of
    imperial stormtroopers and a dogfight with a wing of TIEs
    above the surface of TATTOOINE, the crew of the Krayt Fang
    made an emergency hyperspace jump and escaped from MOS
    SHUUTA!





    The interior of the Krayt Fang was not quite as
    expected. A nauseating stench permeated the ship, and the
    intercom played a hideos squealing noise! After ejecting a
    pile of Wookiee skins into space and shutting off the loop
    of Gamorrean opera, the crew toured the ship and found a
    mysterious Twi’lek prisoner; a prisoner whose true
    motivations have yet to be revealed…

    Xie:

    Also Jeff makes a good point XD

    Mathus:

    "…So, uh… who are you?"

    Jshock-GM: (( again with the typos… ))

    Xie: (( lol ))

    Jshock-GM:

    "I am B’ura B’an. And you…"

    Mathus:

    "Beat up the previous captain and
    stole his ship."

    • Taliq unclips her carbine and calmy holds it








    Jshock-GM:

    "Ah. So you are pirates, then…"






    Mathus:

    "…Uh, no."

    Jshock-GM: (( hmm, SpeakForMe is not working
    as planned… ))

    Taliq:

    "How about we ask the questions. Why
    are you imprisoned?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "We’re and Anti-hutt faction, so to
    speak…"

    B’ura B’an:

    "That’s… very interesting. Could you
    possibly let me out of this force cage? I haven’t used the fresher
    in some time…"

    Taliq: (( This guy looks like he as 6 chins
    ))

    Mathus:

    "Oh, uh, just a moment…"

    Taliq:

    "You can go in your undergarments
    until we get some answers"

    • Mathus checks out the controls.

  • Taliq looks skeptically at Mathus





  • B’ura B’an:

    sighs "Fine… ask your questions
    then…"

    Taliq:

    "Why are you imprisoned?"

    Taliq: (( Yeah, I know… probably just a
    slave
    ))

    B’ura B’an:

    "That… is a long story."

    Taliq:

    "Give us a synopsis"

    B’ura B’an: (( it’s a simple on/off switch
    on your end, Mathus ))

    • B’ura B’an sighs

  • Mathus waits for Taliq to finish asking her
    questions.






  • B’ura B’an:

    "I will try to keep a long story
    short. For some time now, the rulers of Ryloth have been, in my
    opinion, remiss about who they allow in on the planet’s ryll
    mining industry – which, you must understand, is only barely
    legitimate in these days of imperial dominance. For some time now,
    bands of Aqualish thugs have terrorized the mining communities,
    forcing Twi’leks to work for scant rewardand extorting all sorts
    of favors and resources from mines that otherwise might have
    prospered. I banded together with some associates to protect Nwe
    Meen, our most profitable mine, from the thugs. For a while, at
    least, we held them off."

    B’ura B’an:

    "Then, they simply disappeared. We
    were relieved, at first, but soon learned that they had been
    killed in some sort of underworld takeover. Shortly after that,
    bands of outsiders began to purchase land near the mines. They
    claimed they were developing it, though we could tell they were
    merely there to spy on us and make life difficult. A short while
    later, while I was traveling to Nabat, I was attacked by ruffians,
    including the trandoshan who maimed and branded me before sealing
    me up in this cage."

    B’ura B’an:

    ’Satisfied, child?"

    Taliq: (( bloody hell, that’s the short
    version? XD ))

    B’ura B’an: (( you had it coming ))

    Taliq: (( Touche ))

    Mathus:

    "What will you do if we release you?"

    • B’ura B’an seems to be both exhausted and
      slightly annoyed.






    B’ura B’an:

    "Stretch my legs, for one."

    Taliq:

    "Call me child again and I’ll break
    your legs."

    B’ura B’an:

    "Perhaps, if my captors will allow, I
    will have a bite to eat as well."

    Taliq: (( There. Surly.
    ))

    • Mathus looks wide-eyed at Taliq.

  • Taliq shrugs





  • Taliq:

    "Let him out. Maybe he’ll give me an
    excuse to kick his ass."

    Mathus:

    "I would rather not fight anymore
    today, thank you very much…"

    • Mathus hits the Off button.

  • Taliq looks him up and down





  • Lowurra:

    FROOOOO (Let the old man out! And show
    some respect for your elders!)

    Taliq:

    "Wouldn’t be much of a fight…"

    Taliq:

    "I’ll see if I can find some food…"

    • Taliq stomps off

  • Lowurra glares at the twi’lek passing by him


  • Taliq: (( To find.. a kitchen or something
    ))






    Mathus:

    "Uh… I’ll go check the ship. And see
    how much fuel we have."

    B’ura B’an:

    "May I ask where we are, exactly?"

    Mathus:

    "Uh, Tattoine system. Had to make an
    emergency jump."

    B’ura B’an:

    "And the trandoshan you stole this
    ship from; is he…?"

    Mathus:

    "Last we saw, knocked out and tied up
    in the docking bay."

    • B’ura B’an frowns a bit, but says nothing


    Taliq: (( Any food in the kitchen? ))





    B’ura B’an:

    "Well, as I said, fresher…"

    • Mathus leaves to check out the rest of the
      ship, see if there’s any damage, how much fuel they have left, etc.



    B’ura B’an: (( you can see some old (but not
    decaying) raw meat in the preserver uint ))



    Taliq: (( Good enough! ))


    Taliq: (( Wait… Twi’leks don’t eat raw
    meat
    ))



    B’ura B’an: (( poking around a bit more, you
    scrounge up some ration packs, too ))



    Drekkan has connected.


    Taliq: (( Drekkan!!! ))


    B’ura B’an: (( hey hey! ))








    Drekkan:

    !



    Taliq: (( Wooooookiiiiiieeee!! ))








    Drekkan:

    whew



    B’ura B’an: (( you want the recap? ))








    Drekkan:

    sure


  • Jaana Raeth lets the others deal with B’ura
    and goes to the cockpit to monitor ship sensors…






  • B’ura B’an:

    SESSION RECAP





    Success! After a brief firefight with a group of
    imperial stormtroopers and a dogfight with a wing of TIEs
    above the surface of TATTOOINE, the crew of the Krayt Fang
    made an emergency hyperspace jump and escaped from MOS
    SHUUTA!





    The interior of the Krayt Fang was not quite as
    expected. A nauseating stench permeated the ship, and the
    intercom played a hideos squealing noise! After ejecting a
    pile of Wookiee skins into space and shutting off the loop
    of Gamorrean opera, the crew toured the ship and found a
    mysterious Twi’lek prisoner; a prisoner whose true
    motivations have yet to be revealed…

    Drekkan:

    last week was cray cray mCraycray

    B’ura B’an: (( mine wasn’t much better ))

    Taliq: (( Don’t leave out the part where
    Luwarra swore a blood oath to Taliq :3 ))

    Mathus: ((
    ))

    B’ura B’an: (( …there was no part where
    the wookiee swore a blood oath. To anyone. ))

    Taliq: (( worth a try
    ))

    Mathus: (( Lowurra did scowl at Taliq for
    being surly with her elders. ))

    Lowurra: (( I still have no idea for skills/dice
    ))

    Mathus: (( Jshock, any damage/strain Mathus
    needs to repair? And how much fuel do we have to get to somewhere
    occupied? ….That isn’t Tattoine? ))

    You whisper to Drekkan: just to
    point a couple of things out; you have 2 xp to spend, and that
    trandoshan was keeping wookiee skins on his ship.

    You whisper to Drekkan: 20 xp

    • Mathus , after freeing our "prisoner", is
      busy checking the ship damage and figuring out what their next
      destination should be.



    B’ura B’an: (( ah, good thing you asked.
    Looking at the navicomputer, you can see a few options: ))



    Mathus whispers: Hmm, are we
    low on fuel?






    Mathus:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Emergency Repair Kit (1)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a droid. Consumed
    on use.

    Tool Kit

    Allows you to repair mechanical devices and ‘heal’ droids
    with the Mechanics skill.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; access other computer systems.

    Reinforced overalls

    Soak 1 (already included in soak value).

    B’ura B’an:

    1. Back to Tatooine
    2. Christophus
    3.
    Genosis
    4. Ryloth
    5. Trandosha
    6.Kashyyyk

    Mathus:

    Which planet would it be easiest to
    restock/get supplies at?

    Mathus: (( Besides Tattoine? ))

    B’ura B’an:

    Yes, you are low on fuel. Give me an
    Astrogation (no diff).

    Mathus:


    makes a Astrogation check!
              
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 6
    Light Side: 2 / Dark Side: 0

    Taliq: (( We might be able to drop B’ura
    B’an off on Ryloth ))

    Jshock-GM:

    From what you know, Ryloth actually
    seems the safest option; Christophus and Genosis are both
    reasonably hostile to outsiders, and Kashyyyk is under blocade

    Jshock-GM:

    Trandoshans are just mean.

    Mathus:

    Comm: +Anyone have any objections to
    traveling to Ryloth?
    +

    Taliq: (( And smelly ))

    Lowurra: (( quick question – do people think it’s
    better to skill up, or add talents? ))

    Taliq: (( I added talents because they’re
    cool ))

    Mathus: (( I’m doing a 50/50 split. ))

    Taliq: (( Though someone needs points in
    negotite, I vote the wookiee :3 ))

    Lowurra:

    Rrrrawrrg (I think Kashyyk may not be
    wise

    Mathus:

    +Yes, I’m well aware of the blockade
    there. Ryloth seems to be the safest port in range.
    +

    Jshock-GM:

    2o’s quite a bit; you could 50/50 and
    have plenty to play with. Or just save some.

    • Taliq hands B’ura B’an a ration pack


    Lowurra whispers: I’d take
    Feral Strength and toughed for now, save the remainder






    Taliq:

    "Would you like us to drop you off on
    Ryloth?"

    You whisper to Drekkan: remind
    me; Toughened added health?

    • Taliq smiles curtly





    Taliq:

    "Perhaps you could then continue your
    journey to Nar Shadaa from there…?"

    Lowurra whispers: yeah +1
    wound. Working up eventually I think to Enduring for the extra soak

    • Taliq Intentionally getting his destination
      wrong to try and trip him up



    Taliq: (( I’m unravelling his WEB OF LIES ))





    B’ura B’an:

    "As a matter of fact, I would. Perhaps
    the city of Nabak?"

    Taliq: (( Oh that was a city. Derp,
    nevermind then ))

    B’ura B’an:

    "I have friends there; they would be
    appreciative of my return…"

    • Taliq clicks on the comm





    Taliq:

    + Ryloth sounds great, Mathus +

    Lowurra: (( I assume like the falcon this has a
    dorsal quad laser pit? ))

    B’ura B’an: (( Nabat is actually tne name of
    the city ))

    Mathus:

    +Good. Plotting a course now.+

    B’ura B’an: (( yes, dorsal and ventral;
    though they’re not quas ))

    B’ura B’an:

    ^quads

    • Jaana Raeth , being in the pilot’s seat,
      sets course for Ryloth once notified of the destination…


  • Lowurra heads to the upper laser turret…
    being high up helps






  • B’ura B’an:

    Ok. Astrogation; there’s no pressure
    now, so 1d.

    Mathus:


    makes a Astrogation check!
              
    Successes:
    3
    / Advantage: 1

    B’ura B’an:

    Also, Jaana, can you give me a
    Perception (1d)?

    Mathus: (( About how long will it take us to get
    there? ))

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Perceiving? check!
            
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 2

    B’ura B’an:

    K… those two icons I mentioned last
    session? They’re still flashing

    Taliq: (( Oh we forgot about those ))

    Taliq: (( there was a claw and… something
    else? ))

    B’ura B’an:

    A sort of cage

    • Jaana Raeth tries to suss out what the
      indicators really mean…






    B’ura B’an:

    Alright. You press the claw, it gives
    you a popup in trandoshan (you think).

    Taliq: (( … the cage means… the prison
    maybe? ))

    B’ura B’an:

    You press the cage, it gives you a
    popup in a couple of different languages:

    Taliq: (( My kingdom for a protocol droid
    ))

    • Jaana Raeth searches computer for
      translation program(s)…






    B’ura B’an:

    +Captive militant BURA BAN still on
    board! RECCOMEND RESPONSE: Return to Mos Shuuta, collect bounty.
    LAST FED: 6 hours ago. LAST REFRESHED: 8 hours ago.
    +

    Taliq: (( LOL ))

    B’ura B’an:

    Computers, Easy (1 diff).

    Jaana Raeth:


    makes a Translation matrix check!
            
    Successes:
    1
    / Advantage: 1

    B’ura B’an:

    OK, you get the following:

    B’ura B’an:

    +Transponder operational. Recieving
    signal: Teemo, Mos Shuuta, Tatooine. Emitting coded response.
    +

    B’ura B’an:

    A series of numbers & code follows

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Mathus! Get up here! The ship’s
    sending a racer to Teemo!"

    B’ura B’an:

    It seems to update every 5 seconds or
    so…

    Jaana Raeth:

    ^ tracer

    Mathus:

    "Ah, joy."

    • Mathus walks into the pilot room.





    Mathus:

    "Where is it?"

    • Jaana Raeth poitns at the translation…





    Taliq:

    "You wanted to use the fresher? Go
    right ahead…"

    • Mathus looks at it, tries to figure out how
      to stop/sabotage it…






    Jaana Raeth:

    "Looks like inside the transponder,
    maybe."

    B’ura B’an:

    "I already have, young lady, thank
    you…"

    Mathus:

    "I was going to change that anyway.
    Now let’s see…"

    • Mathus licks his lips, which either means
      he’s deep in engineering thought or thinking of chocolate cake.






    Taliq:

    "OK then…"

    Jshock-GM:

    Mathus, give me a Computers (Hard, 3d)
    to goof with the signal.

    • Taliq awkwardly makes small talk


    Mathus: (( Guys, should I spend a Force point to
    bump up my roll? ))



    Taliq: (( YES ))


    Mathus: (( Spending a Force Point, then. ))





    Mathus:


    makes a Computers check!
                  
    Successes:
    2
    / Advantage: 1

    The Force:

    DECREASE THE FORCE

    Taliq: (( I mean, it only lets JShock mess
    us up more later in the session, but… worth it
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    OK, you determine that you can’t
    really turn it off, but you can slow it down and make yourselves
    harder to track.

    The Dark Side:

    INCREASE THE FORCE

    • Mathus does that, then. What would we have
      to do to turn it off completely?



    Jaana Raeth: (( take apart the engine while not
    in flight? ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Remove it. It looks like it’s mounted
    outside the ship, near one of the turrets.







    Mathus:

    +Alright, uh, we have a tracker
    Teemo’s using to trace us. Scrambling the signal now, but we’ll
    need to land to remove it completely.
    +

    Taliq:

    + Turn it off? +

    B’ura B’an:

    "Perhaps we should join the others in
    the cockpit?"

    Taliq: (( scratch that ))

    • B’ura B’an starts to move past you





    Mathus:

    +Turning it off means knocking it
    physically off the ship. Unless anyone feels like doing a space
    walk right now…
    +

    Lowurra:

    +Waaaaagh? (Land? No mag boots?+

    • Taliq stops him

  • Jaana Raeth notes the arrival


  • Taliq: (( lol sorry, a bit slow there
    ))


  • Taliq backs to the doorway and blocks his
    passage






  • Mathus:

    +Has anyone found any magboots that
    fit us? Or spacesuits?
    +

    Taliq:

    "Easy does it, Mr B’an"

    • B’ura B’an mutters something about dark
      times…



    Taliq: (( XD ))


    Jaana Raeth: (( or not yet.. as taliq is being
    contrary ))






    Taliq:

    "Alright, after you…"

    Taliq: (( Sorry for not trusting the
    COMPLETE STRANGER
    ))

    B’ura B’an: (( you guys haven’t seen
    anything that remotely looks like a space suit. ))

    B’ura B’an:

    "As you wish…"

    Jaana Raeth: (( you don’t know him? BUt.. you’r
    eboth twileks…
    ))

    Taliq: (( ROFL ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    "By the way… any reason their’s an
    official bounty out on you, B’ura?" she mentions idly upon his
    arrival

    Taliq: (( We probably all look alike to you,
    too
    ))

    B’ura B’an: (( she’s one of those colony
    twi’leks ))

    Mathus: (( Yeah. Twi’leks must be paranoid. We
    humans can trust each other! ))

    B’ura B’an:

    "Perhaps because I fight for a greater
    cause."

    • Taliq ’s lekus prick up at the word "bounty"


    Mathus: (( lekus? ))





    Taliq:

    "How much is this bounty?"

    • B’ura B’an rolls his remaining lekku


    Taliq: (( I think leku is the word for the
    Twi’lek flesh dreads ))






    Jaana Raeth:

    "I didn’t bother checking."

    Taliq: (( Sorry *lekku
    ))

    B’ura B’an: (( yes. They sort of communicate
    with them ))

    Taliq: (( Right… They twitch or something?
    Part of their communication is with body language ))

    B’ura B’an:

    right

    Lowurra:

    Rarrr Rarrr ruuuuur (Greater cause?)

    Taliq:

    "Yes yes, he was defending his mine
    from raiders or what-not… Or so he claims"

    B’ura B’an:

    "That is right, my tall friend. I
    fight for the rights of my fellow miners."

    Mathus:

    "Other question is, who put the
    bounty on him… if it’s Teemo, I doubt we could collect even if
    we wanted to."

    Taliq:

    "But… Bounty… Cash…"

    • B’ura B’an is on the verge of looking
      disgusted at Taliq, but restrains himself


  • Mathus sighs.





  • Taliq:

    "Hey, just saying we should keep our
    options open."

    Taliq:

    "I mean if it’s a small bounty, let’s
    drop him off with his friends at Nemat."

    B’ura B’an:

    "If it’s a reward you want, I’m sure
    my friends could come up with something…"

    Lowurra:

    haaararruuuuuuuu! (If he was defending
    others from slavery… we cannot turn him in)

    Taliq: (( *Nabat ))

    • Taliq looks Lowurra up and down





    B’ura B’an:

    "Not slavery… but opression, none
    the less."

    Mathus:

    "Depends who wants the bounty, too. I
    don’t think you’d get any money off Teemo from him."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "From what I read, the former captain
    could have turning him in for the bounty back at Ms Shuuta. Kinda
    odd that he didn’t do that, get teh creds, and pay for the repair
    himself." * shrug *

    • Mathus hmms.


    You whisper to Tygaran: That IS
    kind of odd, isn’t it?



    You whisper to Tygaran: Why do
    you think that might be?






    Mathus:

    "Well, we’re not going back there…"

    Mathus:

    "Look, bringing him back to his
    friends seems like the right, and the least messiest, thing to do."

    Jaana Raeth whispers: I’ve no
    idea… negotiating for a better deal? Counter offeres between multie
    factions interested in those mines b’an was talkign about * shrug * -
    YOU hsould know

    Taliq:

    "I agree. We can’t make it work. Let’s
    take him to Ryloth"

    Mathus:

    "Alright, let me finish up here…"

    Mathus: (( BTW, when he scrambled the signal,
    did Mathus change the responder ID thingy as well? ))

    Taliq:

    "Maybe we can ransom him to his
    friends or family.."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "TO make taliq happy, we can charge
    his a typical passenger’s faire…"

    B’ura B’an:

    "I get the feeling you are all new to
    this pirating business, aren’t you?"

    • Mathus grimaces.





    Mathus:

    "…Orrrr we can just let him go in
    exchange for a favor?"

    Mathus:

    "Look, I’ve made enough enemies for
    one day. It’d be nice to have some allies."

    B’ura B’an:

    They weren’t connected, but it looks
    like the compiter’s set up so you can change to a few preset
    transponder codes

    • Taliq grins





    Taliq:

    "I was just kidding!"

    • Taliq taps Bu’an on the shoulder

  • Mathus sighs and facepalms.





  • B’ura B’an:

    "hMM?"

    Mathus:

    "Alright, let’s see what IDs we can
    use."

    Mathus: (( Any interesting sounding names? ))

    Taliq:

    "Don’t worry, we’ll get you home to
    your friends soon enough."

    B’ura B’an:

    I’m leaving it up to you

    Lowurra:

    Griiiirr (pirates?)

    B’ura B’an:

    ’It seems I have little choice in the
    matter…"

    B’ura B’an:

    Also, the trip is going to take a few
    hours; I’m assuming we’re all in transit

    Mathus:

    "Let’s see, new name… ah, here we
    go, Chrome Cat."

    Taliq: (( lol, good enough ))

    Lowurra:

    Mmmmm

    Taliq: (( What about "Bronze Bantha" ))

    Taliq: (( The ship is a sort of orangy
    colour
    ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Can I just point out that the ship is
    painted rust red?

    Taliq: (( ^ ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Just saying

    Mathus:

    "Wait… hmm, Bronze Bantha. That
    sounds better."

    Lowurra:

    Gazumpathyra (The Light of the Blade
    that Glistens with the Morning Dew)

    Taliq:

    "… very elegant Lowurra…"

    Mathus:

    "…Huh?"

    Mathus:

    "…Think I’ll just stick with Bronze
    Bantha until I have time to whip up a new custom ID."

    Taliq:

    "That’s a terrible name…"

    Taliq: (( :3 ))

    Mathus:

    "Oh, hush. You can choose the name
    when you create a custom responder signal."

    B’ura B’an:

    ’I think it has a nice ring…"

    Mathus:

    "Now, anyone need their gear
    maintained?"

    Taliq:

    "… hey, call the ship Late For
    Dinner if you like, so long as we keep out of Teemo’s reach"

    Mathus:

    "If not, I think I’ll spend some time
    cleaning up the pig sty the former captain called a workroom."

    B’ura B’an:

    "If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the
    hold down the hall there… I think i saw a holochess set…"

    Taliq:

    "I’ll take you on…"

    Taliq: (( and lose XD ))

    B’ura B’an:

    "Ah, are you ranked, by chance?"

    • Taliq is willing to lose at holochess if it
      means she can keep an eye on him






    Taliq:

    "… not yet…?"

    • Mathus goes to the workshop to check out
      what the ex-captain had, and what he was working on, unless anyone had
      particular requests.


  • Taliq smiles bashfully

  • B’ura B’an politely handicaps

  • Lowurra tries to purify the hold





  • B’ura B’an:

    After playing with him for a while,
    you get the impression he has a keen mind, whatever his talents are

    B’ura B’an:

    I mentioned there were droid parts in
    there, right?

    Mathus:

    I believe so. Enough to make an actual
    droid?

    Taliq:

    "Sorry about the suspicion (sp?!). You
    understand it’s nothing personal…"

    Jaana Raeth: (( go on then.. build the a droid PC
    for the lurker… ))

    B’ura B’an:

    Make a Mechanics (3d) to assess

    Mathus:


    makes a Mechanics check!
                  
    Successes:
    1
    / Threat: 1

    B’ura B’an:

    ’Of course, child."

    Taliq: (( HAHAHAHA ))

    B’ura B’an:

    Hmmm. Take 1 strain; you pull
    something while you’re moving things around

    Mathus:

    Mathus takes 0 wounds.
    Mathus takes
    1 strain.

    B’ura B’an:

    You do determine that with some
    specialized parts and time, you could probably build some kind of
    droid with this stuff

    • Taliq eye-twitches





    B’ura B’an:

    Also, you inventory what else he’s got
    in here:

    • Jaana Raeth chills in the cockpit… making
      sure the rest of the gorup’s bad karma doesn’t cause any further
      problems before comming out of hyperspace…






    B’ura B’an:

    Toolkit, Medpac, GP scanner,
    Electrobinoculars, respirator (made for a trandoshan), a couple of
    glow rods

    Taliq:

    "Ha! Check-mate! Oh wait, that’s a
    Gundark… Sorry…"

    Foxtrot:

    Sorry, was just informed it says i’m
    perpetually typing, so I’m putting this here to try and reset that.

    B’ura B’an:

    Also, if you wanted to sell the parts,
    you think you could get @ 2k creds from a junker

    Jaana Raeth:

    (is trained in medicine, co should
    perhaps start carryin gthat medpac…

    Mathus: (( The droid parts? ))

    B’ura B’an:

    yes, the parts

    B’ura B’an:

    Medpacs are the slap patch ones;
    instantly heal 4 wounds

    Mathus:

    +Alright, anyone want a toolkit? Or a
    medpack?
    +

    B’ura B’an:

    hang on, let me double check that…

    Taliq:

    + Shotgun! I could use either or
    both… +

    Mathus: (( Stimpacks are the slap ones. Medpacs
    are the permanent ones. ))

    Taliq: (( … actually according to my
    character sheet I can’t… nvm
    ))

    B’ura B’an:

    Oops, you’re right, Mathus

    Mathus:

    +There’s also electrobinoculars, a GP
    scanner, some glow rods, and enough droid parts to make a few
    thousand credits selling it to a junker.
    +

    B’ura B’an:

    OK, so you guys have a working doc now

    Mathus whispers: Hmm… would
    we get more from the parts if Mathus build a functioning droid from them
    and sold that?

    You whisper to JeffG: you’re
    cruel

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You actully trained in
    first aid there, Taliq? I am… what about the rest of you"

    Mathus whispers: Whaaat? It’s a
    reasonable question!

    Taliq:

    "… yeah its been a few years since I
    renewed my training, maybe you should go ahead and take it…"

    B’ura B’an:

    OK, it looks like this is the good
    kind of medpac too; adds a boost to attempts, counts as having 3
    stimpacks a day too…

    Mathus:

    +Anyone else want some of this stuff?
    I’ve got enough to carry as-is.
    +

    Lowurra:

    Rarrrrr Raaaawraaar (I am very adept
    at the amputation part of medicine)

    Taliq:

    "Happy to take the binoculars and the
    glowrods…"

    Taliq: (( what’s a GP scanner? ))

    Mathus: (( General Purpose Scanner. ))

    Taliq: (( Oh cool ))

    B’ura B’an:

    General Purpose scanner

    Taliq:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Binders (2)

    Binds prisoners’ hands.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; accesses computer systems.

    Padded armor

    Soak 2 (already included in soak value).

    Medpac

    helps in Medicine?

    Lowurra:

    Raaarrg Rraaaaaa (I could use a
    possible heal-stick – given my usual position in close)

    B’ura B’an:

    It’s a tricorder

    Mathus: (( Probably best suited for Jaana. ))

    Taliq: (( Awesome XD ))

    Taliq: (( Agreed ))

    Taliq: (( Does Jaana want the binoculars
    too? She seems more perceptive than Taliq
    ))

    B’ura B’an:

    It’s one of the big military models,
    like Han used on Hoth

    Mathus:

    +Don’t have any ‘heal sticks’ aside
    from what I already had on me.
    +

    Jaana Raeth: (( oops.. had tali highlighter when
    updating MY gear
    ))

    Taliq: (( lol, wondering why I had a medpack
    ))

    Jaana Raeth:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Macrobinoculars

    Allows you to see far away things.

    Outdoorsmans clothing

    Soak 1 (already included in soak value).

    Medpac

    helps in Medicine?

    Jaana Raeth:

    there we go…

    Taliq: (( ncie ))

    Taliq: (( I’ll take the glowsticks ))

    Lowurra:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Taliq: (( Good for tactical combat ))

    Mathus: (( So Medpack to Jaana,
    Electrobinoculars to Jaana, GP Scanner to Jaana, Glow Rods to Lowurra,
    Taliq, and Jaana. Sound good? ))

    Mathus whispers: Was checking
    out the Encumbrances rules; Mathus is already carrying his limit in
    encumbrance.

    B’ura B’an:

    Those electrobinoculars are slightly
    better than your macros, Jaana

    Jaana Raeth:

    are electrobinocs different from
    Macrobinoculars?

    B’ura B’an:

    Slightly. Electros have light amp on
    them, basically

    Mathus:

    Electros are better all-around.

    B’ura B’an:

    BRB

    Mathus: (( Aside from them being a bit more
    complex and prone to breaking. ))

    Mathus:

    +I also think we can sell these droid
    parts for 2000 credits.
    +

    Taliq:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Binders (2)

    Binds prisoners’ hands.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; accesses computer systems.

    Padded armor

    Soak 2 (already included in soak value).

    Some glow rods

    Good for raves

    Mathus:

    +However… if I can get the spare
    parts and build a working droid from them, we might make even more
    money from them.
    +

    Mathus:

    +So, you want a lot of credits now?
    Or possibly more credits later?
    +

    Taliq:

    + More credits is always better…
    maybe we can scavenge some parts for you on Ryloth
    +

    Lowurra:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    You whisper to JeffG: I’m not
    sure if that would actually make you money, now that I think about it.
    If it’s like home electronics, it won’t. Something to think about.

    Lowurra: (( wait – where do I add equipment? ))

    Mathus whispers: Can I make a
    check to make a better guess?

    Player "jeffg," is not connected.

    Taliq: (( I just edited the equipment macro
    ))

    You whisper to JeffG: like I
    said, I need to give that some thought

    Mathus whispers: K.

    • Mathus continues cleaning up the workshop
      until they arrive.



    Mathus: (( Ready to continue. ))





    B’ura B’an:

    Anyone else doing anything?

    B’ura B’an:

    OK

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Approached spatial coordinates," she
    announces over the ship’s com once within a couple minutes of
    arrival…

    Mathus:

    +Alright. Where should we land?+

    Jaana Raeth:

    "I’m sure there’ll be procedures…"

    B’ura B’an:

    ‘Just put down in Nabat’s main landing
    area; I will see to it that my people are notified…"

    B’ura B’an:

    Moving tokens…

    Jaana Raeth: (( I spot mr #3…
    ))

    Taliq: (( OMG this is awesome! ))

    B’ura B’an:

    OK, you guys put down on Ryloth. Nabat
    looks like it’s seen better days; the rubble’s been mostly
    cleared, but some of the buildings are still ruined. Slummy.

    Mathus:

    Rubble? Why is there rubble?

    B’ura B’an:

    The battle of Ryloth, during the clone
    wars

    Taliq: (( There’s still a clone trooper
    stationed here apparently… :3 ))

    B’ura B’an:

    He’s on display

    Taliq: (( Cool _ ))

    • B’ura B’an indicates a specific landing pad,
      inside of a cliff face









    B’ura B’an:

    "We have storms on Ryloth, you know.
    Most of the people are underneath."







    Jaana Raeth:

    "Should I just land her, or talk to
    someone first?"

    B’ura B’an:

    You’re getting an automated docking
    signal

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Nevermind…" follows the signal

    B’ura B’an:

    ’Just put down… I will handle the
    rest when we depart…"

    • Jaana Raeth brings her in for a landing

  • Mathus finishes maintaining his old Holdout
    Blaster, and checking out his new Heavy Blaster.









  • Taliq:

    "Sounds good. This is your
    neighbourhood afterall…"




    Mathus: (( BTW, did we find any additional ammo
    for the Heavy Blaster? ))






    B’ura B’an:

    You. land. Flight crew and some droids
    rush out to greet you

    B’ura B’an:

    Other than you, nobody really said you
    were searching for anything… MAthus, give me a Perception (med -
    2d) for your snooping

    Mathus:


    makes a Perception check!
            
    Successes:
    2
    / Threat: 1

    Taliq: (( Taliq spent the whole time
    entertaining B’ura B’an, so fair enough ))

    B’ura B’an:

    OK. You bothered to look in the bunk
    room; Trex had a reload stashed under his bung

    B’ura B’an:

    bunk…

    Mathus: (( Eww…. ))

    Taliq: (( don’t touch it! ))

    Taliq: (( jk ))

    Mathus:

    Gear, Equipment and Other Items

    Stimpacks (2)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a non-droid.
    Consumed on use.

    Emergency Repair Kit (1)

    Use a maneuver to heal 4 wounds to a droid. Consumed
    on use.

    Tool Kit

    Allows you to repair mechanical devices and ‘heal’ droids
    with the Mechanics skill.

    Comlink

    Communicate with other characters who own a comlink.

    Datapad

    Handheld computer; access other computer systems.

    Reinforced overalls

    Soak 1 (already included in soak value).

    B’ura B’an:

    When you guys depart, BB has words
    with the flight crew; nods and lekkuing is exchanged, they just
    start working your ship over

    B’ura B’an:

    refueling, & maintenence

    Taliq:

    "Thank you, we appreciate the
    assistance…"

    • Mathus looks a bit… hesitant at the
      repairs.






    Mathus:

    "You did tell them about the tracer
    on the hull, right?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You can always join in, Mathus…"

    B’ura B’an:

    "Tracer?"

    • Mathus points it out for BB.





    Taliq:

    "Mathus, don’t we have some work to do
    of our own?"

    • B’ura B’an nods

  • Mathus nods at Taliq.


  • Taliq: (( or we can get them to do it for
    us, that works too XD ))






    B’ura B’an:

    I will tell the pit chief – I’ll see
    to it that it’s removed."

    Mathus:

    "I’ll check it myself before we leave."

    Lowurra:

    Raaaarrrr (Thank you!)

    Mathus:

    "Make sure they got everything."

    Lowurra:

    Raaarg Raaaa araaaraa (Good luck in
    your struggle! Up the proletariat!)

    B’ura B’an:

    "Follow me – my friends will want to
    meet you, I’m sure."

    • Taliq shrugs and follows





    Taliq:

    "So this is Ryloth…"

    Mathus:

    "…Never been here?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "I suppose. The fueling and repairs
    will certainlty take some time…"

    • Mathus glances at Taliq.





    B’ura B’an:

    The crewmen have no idea what the
    wookiee just said.

    Taliq:

    "Not for a very… long time…"

    Mathus:

    "My first time off-world…"

    • Taliq whispers to Mathus "Make sure you lock
      the ship…"



    Taliq: ((
    ))






    B’ura B’an:

    "Unfortunate. Born on one of the
    colonies i take it?"

    • B’ura B’an is walking and talking at the
      same time






    Mathus:

    "Tattoine street rat."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "First ti…. how can you liv eso long
    on a single planet?" marvels the explorer…

    Taliq:

    "Not sure where I was born, to be
    honest."

    Mathus:

    "Simple. You never have enough money
    to get off-planet in the first place."

    • Mathus makes sure to lock the ship, as-per
      Taliq’s suggestion.






    B’ura B’an:

    "An orphan, then…"

    • Mathus leaves behind his Holdout Blaster to
      take a spare reload for his Heavy Blaster.



    Taliq: (( You can’t trust those dirty rotten
    Twi’leks
    ))






    B’ura B’an:

    "I am sad for you. I could not imagine
    a life without my kinsmen."

    Jaana Raeth whispers: do we
    even bother tracking ammo? I’t make more sense for my slugthrower than
    their energy weapons, tho

    Taliq:

    "It wasn’t so bad… A little less
    poverty…"

    You whisper to Tygaran: nope.
    You roll bad, maybe you run out, though.

    You whisper to Tygaran: reloads
    negate that.

    Taliq:

    "The War didn’t do Ryloth many favors,
    did it?"

    B’ura B’an:

    "Sadly, no. I remember it vividly…
    the separatist ships, the fires…"

    • B’ura B’an gets the thousand yard stare for
      a second






    B’ura B’an:

    "But that is all in the past. In a
    sense, at least."

    B’ura B’an:

    "How old are you, child? You couldn’t
    have been more than a youngling during the clone wars…

    Taliq:

    "The injuries perhaps, but the scars
    remain…"

    Taliq: (( That’s deep man ))

    Taliq: (( I… don’t actually know how old
    she is XD ))

    B’ura B’an: (( Taliq’s pog on Anakin’s head
    was weirding me out a bit ))

    Taliq: (( Hehehehe ))

    B’ura B’an:

    ’Pray you never have to see that much
    bloodshed."

    Jaana Raeth whispers: Jaan
    mentally philosophies… wonder why a democratic reblic got so militant
    about this ‘separatist thing’ when they should have been allowed to vote
    themselves out of the Republic…

    Taliq:

    "In my line of work I’ll no doubt see
    at least a little…"

    Player "Palpatine," is not connected.

    • B’ura B’an shakes his head sadly

  • Taliq grimaces





  • Jaana Raeth:

    What exactly IS your line of work? I
    mean.. we didn’ty have a lot of time for length intros back
    there…"

    B’ura B’an:

    "I was a mine foreman, once… that
    time is long past."

    Taliq:

    "… I’m a contractor."

    Taliq:

    "You?"

    B’ura B’an:

    "If you say so, young one."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Care to elaborate? I am, or WAS, part
    of First Contact. Scouts and explorers who check out unpopulated
    or underdeveloped worlds."

    Lowurra:

    Raar (I was a gun for hire, now I am
    something more)

    Taliq:

    "Well, you’re on an underdevelopd
    world now…"

    Mathus:

    "I’m a mechanic."

    • Mathus shrugs.

  • Taliq laughs at Mathus





  • B’ura B’an:

    "Pssh. You did not see Ryloth in her
    glory days!"

    Taliq:

    "I figured"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "The overalls gave you away,
    Malthus…"

    Mathus:

    "…Har, har, har."

    B’ura B’an:

    "Once the ryll flowed from her stone
    like water!"

    B’ura B’an:

    "We were a proud and prosperous
    people! These ruins are but a shadow of her former glory!"

    • B’ura B’an is speaking with fire in his voice





    Mathus:

    "So, uh… you had work for us or
    something?"

    B’ura B’an:

    "Yes… almost there…"

    • Taliq can’t help but feel a little touched
      by the elder’s passion regarding her ancestry


  • Taliq looks solemly at the ruins


  • Taliq: (( AND CRIES jk ))





    Jaana Raeth:

    "Real shame people always turn
    medicinal flora and minerals into addictive biochemicals. "

    B’ura B’an:

    He eventually leads you to a
    nondescript ‘apartment’ deep in the tunnels. He knocks on the
    door; code words are exchanged, and the door is opened

    • Jaana Raeth ponders upon Ryll…





    B’ura B’an:

    "Come in. It is safe here.’

    Taliq: (( Just as Return of the Jedi
    soundtrack kicks in, lol ))

    • Lowurra stoops and enters


    Jaana Raeth: (( he’s altering the deal? ))


    Jaana Raeth: (( guess that was empire strikes
    back tho
    ))


  • Mathus cautiously enters.

  • Taliq gives Jaana and Mathus a "Careful, it
    could be a trap" face



  • Taliq: (( lol Tyg ))

  • Mathus already looks cautious.

  • Taliq gestures for Jaana to go next


  • Mathus: (( Inside you see Teemo. "Eyyyyyyy!" ))





    Taliq:

    "Ladies first…"

    B’ura B’an:

    "This building is run by members of
    the resistance, like myself. You will be safe here; feel free to
    partake of what we have."

    Jaana Raeth:

    "It’s your planet…"

    • B’ura B’an is already inside

  • Mathus just enters instead.

  • Taliq scowls and enters


  • Taliq: (( touche ))





    Lowurra:

    Raaaar (Resistance?)

    • Jaana Raeth moves in.. looking for a place
      to sit down









    Jshock-GM:

    After a few minutes, another twi’lek
    enters from a side room…




    Unknown command: "om Nyn". Try /help for a list of
    commands.





    Nyn:

    "Greetings, friends. I am glad you
    brought our friend back to us."

    • Nyn is soft spoken, with an air of grace and
      poise






    Taliq:

    "We could do nothing less than return
    him to his people when we chanced upon him."

    • Taliq winks at B’ura B’an

  • Mathus stifles a chortle.





  • Nyn:

    "Well said… Taliq? is that right?"

    Lowurra:

    Raaaaaaarrrrg (Didn’t you want to sell
    him up the river?)

    • Mathus keeps his mouth shut about that.





    Nyn:

    "I believe B’ura B’an mentioned we
    could reward you…"

    Nyn:

    "…I’m afraid he might have spoken
    too soon. The resistance has few resources; what we can offer you
    is a business proposition, once we get our mining operations back
    under speed."

    Mathus:

    "…We’re listening."

    Taliq:

    "A good deed is it’s own reward….
    But as it happens we are looking for work."

    • Mathus is finding it very hard to keep his
      composure over Taliq’s sudden altruism.


  • Taliq glances at Jaana to make sure she
    isn’t speaking on her behalf out of turn






  • Nyn:

    "These blasted aqualish and their
    backers keep interfering with the mines. with them out of the way,
    we could begin exporting again… under the Imperial radar, of
    course."

    • Jaana Raeth quietly asides to Mathys, "DId
      we pick up Taliq’s good twin somewhere between the ship and here?"



    Taliq: (( rofl ))

  • Mathus subtly shrugs.





  • Mathus:

    "Aqualish?"

    Nyn:

    "Yes. They raid our camps, disrupt our
    operations any way they can, and the senators do nothing!"

    • Nyn punches her palm


    Jaana Raeth: (( ah. the walrus face like
    people… ))



    Nyn: (( right ))


    Taliq: (( I think so? ))


    Taliq: (( Yeah the ugly bastards ))


    Taliq: ((
    ))



    Tokens dropped onto map ‘On Ryloth’





    Nyn:

    "I need a favor from you. Call it
    payment for repairing and refueling your ship."

    Tokens dropped onto map ‘On Ryloth’

    Jaana Raeth:

    ^ them…

    Mathus:

    "Yes?"

    Nyn: (( ha, that’s the same image I was
    going to use ))

    Taliq:

    "Look out! there’s one!"

    • Taliq tackles the aqualish spy


    Taliq: ((
    ))



    Taliq: (( sorry coughs ))





    Nyn:

    "The miners at New Meen have been
    coming under pressure recently; having B’ura B’an among them would
    help boost morale. Can you escort him there? we would provide a
    speeder to do so."

    Lowurra:

    Rrrraaaaawwwr (We can do so)

    • Mathus breathes a sigh of relief.





    Mathus:

    "Sounds simple enough."

    Mathus:

    "It’ll be nice to not be shot at. Or
    chased."

    • Taliq looks disappointed

  • Nyn smiles





  • Nyn:

    "Wonderful. I will send one of mybest
    operatives with you, as a guide…"

    Taliq:

    "Well we’ve brought B’ura B’an this
    far, may as well finish the job."

    • Nyn gestures to another room


    Taliq: (( Pleasure to meet you Mr 2! :3 ))


    Nyn: (( can you see him? ))


    Taliq: (( yeah ))





    Nyn:

    OK, cool

    Player "Foxtrot?" is not connected.

    You whisper to Foxtrot: Fox?
    You’re up

    Taliq: (( Pregen is a nice name ))

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: Okay, sorry I didn’t relaise Iw as in this
    session

    Taliq: (( Rhymes with Reagan
    ))

    Nyn:

    Yeah, we got farther than I expected
    tonight

    Nyn:

    You got a name?

    Taliq: (( Expected us to argue over B’ura’s
    bounty more?
    ))

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: Vale

    Nyn:

    Done

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: Arqen Vale, but vale sounds cool.

    Foxtrot:

    The name’s Vale, I was told to meet
    you here?

    Foxtrot:

    Ugh

    Foxtrot:

    How do I assosciate with the
    character? Haven’t used Maptools in a year or so

    Nyn:

    "/im (character name)

    Jaana Raeth: (( right click – impersonate ))

    Taliq: (( HAHAHA NOOB ))

    Vale: (( cool
    ))

    Taliq: (( :3 ))

    Vale:

    The name’s Vale, I was told to meet
    you here?

    • Taliq looks the stranger up and down





    Nyn:

    "Vale is an accomplished pilot… and
    a crack shot with a blaster."

    • Vale shrugs and nods





    Taliq:

    "Can always use an extra gun, I
    suppose…"

    • Mathus nods.





    Mathus:

    "Hopefully we won’t need to use
    them…"

    Vale:

    That seems a bit optimistic doesn’t it?

    Nyn:

    "Wonderful. You should probably leave
    in the morning… the sooner the better. I’ll leave you now, let
    you get acquainted."

    Taliq:

    "Vale… Meet Mathus…. Our
    optimistic mechanic."

    • Taliq beams





    Jaana Raeth:

    "He’s still a bit naive… It’s his
    first time off his homeworld…"

    • Nyn leaves to take care of resistance
      business



    Taliq: (( Many bothans died to bring her
    some information ))






    Lowurra:

    Rraaaawr (It is my pleasure)

    Vale:

    Pleased to meet your aquaintance. You
    all look…capable. That should do nicely.

    • Mathus rolls his eyes at Jaana’s comment.


    Taliq: (( XD ))





    Taliq:

    "Well it sounds like a milk run… Are
    the aqualish much of a problem?"

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: Sorry if I seem a bit disjointed. I’m still
    trying to get a hold of what kinda personality I want to play :P

    Jshock-GM:

    That’s fine; I know I put you on the
    spot

    Jaana Raeth:

    "You just need more experiences,
    Mathus. See, you plan for everything and anything on a world,
    plant or animal, to want to eat you. You can then be prepaired for
    anything or pleasantly happy when nothing comes at you."

    Vale:

    The Aqualish are always a problem
    .WHen was the last itme you met one and didn’t want to punch it in
    the face? But milk run sounds about right.

    Taliq:

    "Jaana, don’t forget mineral. they eat
    you sometimes too."

    You whisper to Foxtrot: you
    know they have been harassign and raiding the camps… throwing their
    weight around

    • Taliq shrugs





    Taliq:

    "Yeah sounds like every aqualish I’ve
    ever met…"

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: gotcha

    Jaana Raeth:

    "True, but mineral based life forms
    are generally on the slow side…"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Vale:

    They ust get up everywhere. Mess with
    your stuff. Riaders the lot of them. I’m not worried though.

    Mathus:

    "Well, what are the odds they know
    we’re here and will try to kill us?"

    • Vale gesturs at his blaster with a grin.





    Vale:

    I don’t know the answer to the first
    part, but probably I’d say 100% to the second. Hows that for
    optimistic?

    • Vale grins again.








    Jshock-GM:

    Alright; I’ve officially run out of
    material for the night




    Taliq: (( lol ))








    Jshock-GM:

    We can keep RPing, but I need to prep
    up for the next encounter







    Jaana Raeth:

    "You look liek you’ve been here for a
    while, Vale. Any bathhouses or hot showers around? Now that we’re
    resting, I feel like I have sand everywhere…"

    Xie: (( That’s OK, we have run over a couple
    of times ))

    Mathus:

    "Well, I really don’t want to add
    murder to my list of charges… but I suspect it really doesn’t
    matter now."

    • Mathus sighs.


    You whisper to Foxtrot: no
    problem; plenty of places for a bath






    Taliq:

    "its not murder if they’re aqualish"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "It’s only murder if you shoot first,
    Mathus."

    Player "Nabat" is not connected.

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Vale: (( oh i was going to say something to that
    effect
    ))

    You whisper to Foxtrot: Nabat
    is pretty poor on supplies though…

    Mathus:

    "I don’t think those stormtroopers
    would care who shot first."

    • Taliq shot first





    Vale:

    "Agreed. Baths aren’t a problem, I
    could ah…show you. Still, we’re a bit strapped all round."

    Taliq: (( IIRC
    ))

    Mathus:

    "Have any grease?"

    Taliq: (( uh… ))

    Vale:

    "I…ah…maybe?"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Grease is dirt, Malthus… not soap."
    she kids…

    Jshock-GM:

    why do you need grease? I s this
    something I should know about?

    Taliq: (( It’s 11pm, this is getting X
    rated?
    ))

    Vale:

    "Why do you need grease? You alright?"

    • Mathus sighs.





    Mathus:

    "-Weapon- grease. You think all these
    moving parts work on wishes alone?"

    Mathus:

    "If I have to shoot at someone, I
    don’t want the damn gun failing midfight."

    Jshock-GM:

    bow chicka wow wow

    Vale:

    "Sometimes"

    • Taliq looks relieved





    Taliq:

    "Yes, WEAPON grease…"

    Jaana Raeth:

    "Then don’t make such misleading
    comments…" * shakes her head, gets up and finds a local to let
    her know where she can get cleaned up and where she’s bunking down
    before the mission in the morning…

    Taliq:

    "Maybe you can show me how its done
    Mathus… I’ve done it a few times myself, but I could use some
    advice from a pro…"

    Vale: (( Ha oops, jsut realised I copied the GM
    sentiments
    ))

    Mathus:

    "Mm, I’m surprised. You have to keep
    stuff maintained all the time on Tattoine. Sand mucks up equipment
    like nothing else."

    • Lowurra breaks out the wookiee
      conditioner… for that nice sheeny coat






    Vale:

    "Tatooine? Why’d you wanna go there?"

    Taliq: (( Make that hair SHINE! ))

    Tygaran:

    since we’re at a stopping point, I’m
    gonna head out.. cya later folks…

    Jshock-GM:

    Laters

    Taliq: (( kk layer Tyg ))

    Taliq: (( Till next time _ ))

    Tygaran is disconnected.

    Vale: (( Bye, nice to meet/watch you creepily. ))

    Taliq: (( XD ))

    Vale: (( oh oops ))

    Mathus:

    "It’s my home planet."

    Jshock-GM:

    I’m picturing the wookiee doing a slow
    motion hair twirl now, llike a shampoo commercial

    Vale:

    "Oh I am truly sorry for you my dear
    friend. Truly sorry."

    Mathus:

    "I’m sorry too."

    Vale: (( apaprently I’m a jerk? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    Sure, I’ll allow jerkiness

    Taliq:

    "We probably won’t be going back for
    awhile…"

    Mathus:

    "Fine by me, although…"

    • Mathus pauses a moment.





    Mathus:

    "Well, maybe go back once. Got one
    last thing to take care of there."

    • Taliq pauses





    Taliq:

    "Yeah… I guess we all have
    unfinished business on Tatooine… but it can wait…"

    Taliq: (( until we level up a bit!
    ))

    Mathus:

    "…Until that Star Destroyer we
    pissed off leaves, yeah."

    Vale:

    "Unfinished business. Sounds sordid! I
    think I’ll like you fellows."

    Taliq:

    "Yeah… Not a massive fan of Star
    Destroyers…"

    Vale:

    "Star..destroyer?"

    Mathus:

    "…Huh?"

    Taliq:

    "Just one"

    • Mathus looks at Vale.





    Mathus:

    "A very angry Star Destroyer."

    Jshock-GM:

    Good point… what kind of a merc are
    you, Vale? Any idea yet?

    • Vale starts appraising the group for the
      first time.



    Vale: (( I’m not sure to be honest. I was kinda
    going wtih generic gun for hire rapscallion until I can get the funds
    back ))


  • Taliq has a blaster carbine clipped to her
    padded combat jacket, and a visor over one eye



  • Taliq: (( Like a P90 from SG1 XD ))


    Vale: (( means to an end, do odd jobs, whether
    its piloting or shooting or whatever. I mean I can specify if you’d
    like, I just hadn’t gotten that far in my mind ))


  • Mathus has padded overalls with a plethora
    of tools sticking out, grease stains, and a heavy blaster strapped to
    his back.


  • Mathus looks like a mechanic… a mechanic
    that likes to punch people and shoot things.



  • You whisper to Foxtrot: hmm.
    Since you probably keep tabs on this sort of thing… there was a report
    of a rust colored YT-1300 that was stolen – and blasted its way out of -
    Mos Shuuta on Tatooine a few hours ago. The description matches their
    ship.









    Jshock-GM:

    heavy blaster PISTOL






    Taliq:

    "Nyn suggested we head off in the
    morning… Any chance we can leave tonight, under cover of
    darkness?"

    Mathus: (( Whoops. ))

    You whisper to Foxtrot: nope.
    The speeder hasn’t been arranged yet.

    Vale:

    "Good plan but I’m here for the creds
    so I just do whatever Nyn says. You’d have to take it up with her."

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: oops sorry

    Jshock-GM:

    No biggie

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: pressed enter as your message popped up ha

    Jshock-GM:

    Still fits

    Taliq: (( Just thinking we should get it
    done and leave before Teemo tracks our signal ))

    Taliq: (( Doesn’t really matter though
    ))

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: haha yeah that’s what I was going with as I
    figured it wasn’t my place to say yes or no, in or out of character

    Mathus:

    "Cover of darkness might make it
    easier to ambush us."

    • Taliq looks pensive





    Mathus:

    "I mean, if we were on foot, it might
    work. But a hovercar at night looks suspicious."

    Taliq:

    "Yeah, we could probably use the rest
    anyway. Its been a long day."

    Vale:

    "We’ll be fine. No need to worry. ANd
    if we’re not fine, well we won’t be alive to worry. See it’ll all
    work out one way or another."

    Mathus:

    "We could be mostly fine and get
    horribly crippled or maimed."

    Vale:

    "You make it sound so fun!"

    Taliq:

    "…"

    Taliq:

    "Morning works for me!"

    Foxtrot says to the GMs: I think I’m going with false
    bravado/cockiness/jerkiness as a front for hte grief over losing his
    ship (home, income, safety net etc)

    Mathus:

    "Do we have any grenades?"

    You whisper to Foxtrot: sounds
    solid

    Taliq:

    "Sure would be nice if we had some
    grenades"

    You whisper to Foxtrot: you
    know Nyn has a small arsenal for the resistance; she’s tight, but maybe
    she could be persuaded to part with some

    Taliq: (( brb ))

    Vale:

    "Hmm, you best speak to Nym. Supplies
    are real tight but hey, maybe a strapping lass like yourself might
    be able to work something out."

    Vale: (( *Nyn
    ))

    Nyn:

    Testing

    Taliq:

    "Alright Dale… Its your planet so
    I’ll follow your lead!"

    Mathus: (( Tested? ))

    Jshock-GM:

    tested

    Taliq:

    "First things first, lead me to a bed!
    One that I won’t get murdered in while I sleep… preferably…"

    Vale:

    "You’ll be safe here. They are just
    down that-a-way"

    You whisper to Drekkan: Hey,
    got a minute?

    • Vale waves at the door, which isn’t very
      much help really.






    Taliq:

    "Thanks! See you in the morning."

    • Taliq nods to Mathus





    Taliq:

    "Thanks for all that help escaping
    from Tatooine, and sleep well Mathus!"

    Lowurra whispers: sure

    Mathus:

    "Oh? Uh… yer welcome."

    • Taliq gives Vale a paranoid look


    Player "how" is not connected.





    Taliq:

    "I mean departing… /departing/
    Tatooine…"

    Taliq: (( :3 ))

    You whisper to Drekkan: how’s
    your schedule looking for next week? Think we could start @ 8:30 again?

    • Taliq whispers to Mathus "I don’t trust him"

  • Mathus whispers, "After the personality
    change, I’m not sure I should trust you either."



  • Lowurra whispers: I think I can
    try and make it – it’s always touch and go (nature of the job)



    You whisper to Drekkan: yeah, I
    read



    Lowurra whispers: now that
    we’re off the VPN I think I can try tag along with the computer at work






    Vale:

    "Well if you’re all getting some rest,
    I’d better get some too. Or maybe I’ll go drink. Who knows. Night
    night."

    • Taliq smiles





    Taliq:

    "Always be your best when meeting a
    potential employer."

    • Vale starts moving towards the door.








    Jshock-GM:

    How do you guys feel about starting @
    8:30 again next week? That too early for you Foxtrot?



  • Taliq winks





  • Mathus:

    "…That and perhaps we should discuss
    bounties away from the bounty in question."

    Xie:

    I’m probably OK with 8:30

    Xie:

    Probably up to Drek and Tyg

    Mathus:

    I’m okay with 8:30./

    Vale: (( what was the start time tonight in your
    time? It wont really matter either way I tend to get up pretty early
    right now ))

    Xie:

    We started at about 8:30 tonight

    Jshock-GM:

    We were starting @ 9ish our time, but
    that was mainly because we were having trouble getting together

    Xie:

    That’s… 10:30 am in Australia I think

    Vale:

    Yep, something like that. Mid to late
    morning. So yeah, that time is easily doable for me.

    Jshock-GM:

    Ok, good to knoew

    Jshock-GM:

    I think I’m going to get some shuteye
    myself… today was stress

    Xie:

    No problem

    Vale:

    Thanks for letting me join in

    Xie:

    Sorry to hear that, hopefully the rest
    of the week is better :

    Xie:


    Jshock-GM:

    Hey, no problem. The more the merrier

    Xie:

    Till next time all!

    Xie:

    gg

    Mathus:

    Later.

    Lowurra:

    ciao all

    Long Arm of the Hutt - Session 1

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Jshock