Debts to Pay - Session 4

Server started; please wait for map to refresh.
Tygaran has connected.
Jshock-GM: ALLO MR TYGARAN!
Tygaran: no need to sout… :P
Tygaran: am I somehow early??
Jshock-GM: Sort of? You’re 1st
Xie has connected.
Tygaran: that’s nver happened before… :D
Xie: Evening
Mr Gumby: ALLO MR XIE!!
Xie: MWAHAHAHAAHAH XD
Jshock-GM: I wonder if we’re gettin gsome wookie tonight
Xie: We won’t be getting any smuggler
Xie: Did Tim tell you he wasn’t making it?
Jshock-GM: He actually revised; said he was going to be back @ 10:30
Jshock-GM: So delay of smuggler.
Xie: Oh cool!
JeffG has connected.
Jshock-GM: Oh, there you are
JeffG: Yo.
JeffG: Was in a LoL match.
Jshock-GM: I noticed somethig last night while mucking about; shock gloves are Brawn+0
JeffG: Yeah.
JeffG: That’s what I currently have their damage at.
JeffG: It’s Brawn+1 because Superior = +1 damage.
Jshock-GM: Is it? I just saw +1 Adv
Drekkan has connected.
Drekkan is disconnected.
Jshock-GM: Bah, I really shouldn’t read things while distracted…
JeffG: Yep, Pg.157:
JeffG: +1 base damage, +1 automatic advantage.
Xie: Have we exchanged lol usernames yet? :P
JeffG: No.
Drookiee has connected.
Xie: We should do that at some point :P
Xie: YEEEESSSSS!!!!!
Xie: DROOKIEE IN DA HOUSE
JeffG: Nice, that’s everyone, right?
Jshock-GM: AWW SHEEET
Jshock-GM: Yeah, think so
Jshock-GM: Foxtrot’s going to be @ 10:30
Jshock-GM: Let me roll some bones…
Jshock-GM: The Destiny Pool has been set!
Light Side Points6</image>Dark Side Points1</image>
Jshock-GM: Victim of obligation: None (66)
Xie: Aw yeah…
Xie: Gonna be a good session!
Jshock-GM: Do I execute dice roll 66?
Xie: XD
JeffG: We didn’t get to do that on the 0 Light 6 Dark roll…
Jshock-GM: Just making sure the party doesn’t get hit on doubles ob when no one comes up…
Xie: Luckily there are no Jedi in the party, so nobody gets murdered by their allies…
Drookiee is disconnected.
Jshock-GM: I guess by RAW, it still doubles, but 0*0=0.
Xie: Hahahaha
  • Jshock-GM waits for the wookiee to stabilize


Drookiee has connected.








Drookiee:

ok, this is odd









Drookiee:

whenever I try and switch to the map
map










Drookiee:

My computer loads the first 14
parts… and then maptools freezes










Jshock-GM:

That’s odd.









Xie:

Yikes









Jshock-GM:

What’s your memory situ?









Jshock-GM:

I’m going to open up "mission start",
see if that works… we can debug from there










Drookiee:

mission start loaded properly









Jshock-GM:

Hmm, OK.









JeffG:

…Okay, Jshock, I’m about ready to
flay you for that new image.










Jshock-GM:

Come at me, bro…









Drookiee:

I’m gonna try and jump over









JeffG:

I’ll hollow out Bargos & turn him into
a giant disco ball.










Xie:

But its so great XD









Drookiee:

loaded!









Drookiee:

and gentlemen!!!! Why must we fight?









Jshock-GM:

I would welcome that. Ge to play the
SW disco mix










Jshock-GM:

It requires some explanation.






Player "drokkiee" is not connected.








JeffG:

…Yegods, it’s even uglier than the
description.






  • JeffG pours engine grease on it.








  • Jshock-GM:

    Mathus sent Taliq to go shopping for
    some armored clothing










    Jshock-GM:

    Taliq rolled a despair (but succeeded)









    Xie:

    Well SHE thought it looked awesome :P






    Lowurra III of Kashykk: ok – my "Impersonated tab" is empty of anything
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: I could have sworn that’s where all the char sheet, dice etc were
    Jshock-GM: Char sheet launch is in Campaign
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( nvm – found it ))
    Jshock-GM: So… Mathus is now the (oddly proud) owner of an eye melting suit of armored clothe
    Mathus: …Still can’t believe that gomorron dropped his vibroaxe to pity-punch me…
    Mathus: OHGOD GET IT OFF MY IMPERSONATION!
    Jshock-GM: You honorably engaged him in manly fisticuffs instead of shooting
    Xie: XD
    Mathus: I also stupidly charged 6 gomorrans. Remind me not to do that again.
    Jshock-GM: Anyway… a recap to stare at for a bit…
    Jshock-GM:

    EDGE OF THE EMPIRE
    DEBTS TO PAY


    When we last left the crew of the KRAYT FANG, they had just recieved a job "offer" from none other than Bib Fortuna, majordomo to the infamous gangster JABBA THE HUTT.


    Said job involved them traveling to the slave markets of ORVAX, to meet with Jabba’s close relative, BARGOS. It seemed that Bargos had recently come into a windfall; a share in an oridium mine! It was up to the crew to inspect the mine, determine it was in good working order, and to retrieve Bargos’s cut of the profits… 100,000 Imperial credits!


    Just as negotiations were winding to a close, they were interrupted by a gang of Gammoreans, seemingly out for revenge against some slight! The crew were involved in the resulting brawl, suffering minor injuries but beating the Gammoreans back. How this affects relations with the Hutt shall soon be seen…

    • Mathus is eager to get off this damn planet.


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( IIRC, I took both the
    hurt and heal strain talents ))









    Jshock-GM:

    Ah, forgot you took scathing tirade.
    I’ll put a macro on your pog in a sec…




    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I could be massively
    mistaken ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( but I thought I took
    both – I suppose I could count back the XP ))



    Jshock-GM: (( everyone got 10 last sesh, so
    you could probably afford it if you didn’t. ))


  • Mathus took a 2nd rank of Solid Repairs; now
    he can repair 3 Hull per check in combat.



  • Jshock-GM: (( did anyone else have any
    spends? Didn’t sound like it. I think Jaana was stockpiling ))









    Xie:

    Stockpiling



    Jshock-GM: (( kk ))








    Xie:

    I may take another career, but no
    point doing that till I have enough to also buy something in it :P




    The intruding Gammoreans have just been beaten back. Bargos and
    crew are applauding your combat prowess…



    Xie says to the GMs: Taliq updated their character sheet

  • Mathus is looking a little pale.





  • Mathus: "…Taliq?"
    Taliq: "You’d better run!" she calls after the fleeing Gammoreans
    Bargos: (Incredible! My cousin Jaaba was right to send you!)
    • Taliq slaps Mathus on the arm





    Taliq: "You did great"
    Mathus: "…Remind me to look around the corner before I charge in again."
    Jshock-GM: (( Taliq… your hand comes back streaked with crimson. It seems Mathus’s new suit will not stop a vibroaxe ))
    • Jaana finishes patching people up…





    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Raaawr (Mighty Bargos, we are sorry for any disturbance this may have caused but hope that our prowess at least served to amuse)
    • Mathus lets Jaana patch him up.





    Bargos:
    • Bargos booms with laughter. HOO, HOO, HOO!
    Jaana: "You should probbly rest up.. or waste a stimpac on that…"
    Taliq: "I’ve seen worse, you’ll be fine."
    Bargos: (This encounter has made my cycle!)
    Bargos:
    • Bargos slaps his meaty hands together
    Bargos: (So, when can you leave?)
    Mathus: "I’ll rest up. It’ll probably be a few days."
    Mathus: "Right now would be great."
    Bargos: (Excellent!)
    Taliq: "Walk it off, Mathus."
    Bargos: (Genko, you were giving them the coordinates…)
    You have recieved coordinates for Gavos, and the Oridelve mining complex…
    Taliq: (( How far away is it, roughly? Like hours or days? ))
    Mathus: (( I was wondering the same thing. ))
    Jshock-GM: It’s outer rim, but the other side of the galaxy. Days
    Mathus: "It’ll be a while."
    Jshock-GM: (( I’m working at the speed of plot ))
    Mathus: (( Speed of plot HATES hex maps… ))
    Jshock-GM: (( No way would I have the dedication to GM Traveller ))
    Taliq: (( Oh right, narrative game :P ))
    Taliq: (( Works for me! _ ))
    Jshock-GM: (( anything else you want to do on Gavos? Buy some slaves, perhaps? ))
    Taliq: (( Can I buy some armor? :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Orvax, i mean ))
    Taliq: (( Piss off some more black market dealers ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you can try… ))
    Taliq: (( I’ll try! ))
    Taliq: (( What’s the rarity modifier for this town? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( let’s see… Outer rim… Jeff, you found this place; we still on a lane? ))
    Mathus: (( Checking. ))
    Mathus: (( Nope. It’s off the lane. ))
    Taliq: (( Bugger it then, it’s Daunting :P ))
    Mathus: (( Map’s on Pg.329, btw. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( So I’ve got a total rarity +2. You’re looking for Boba armor? ))
    Taliq: (( Hell’s yeah I am ))
    Taliq: (( So a daunting streetwise check. What could possibly go wrong? :3 ))
    Jshock-GM: Bumps up to Rarity 9. Roll ’em
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Streetwise Check
    Success </image> 0 Failure</image>2 Threat1</image>
    Taliq: (( Wa wa waaaaaaa ))
    Taliq: (( At least there were no despairz ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you have your pocket picked by street urchins; you get your coinpurse back but the chase strains you as you scramble over crates and barrels. ))
    Mathus: (( Hmm… how much would slaves cost, anyway? ))
    Taliq: (( Haha! Serves me right ))
    Jshock-GM: (( depends on the slave ))
    Taliq: (( Can I just shoot the street urchins instead of scrambling after them? jk ))
    you catch Mathus eyeing the markets, contemplating…
    Taliq: Taliq gains 1 Strain
    Mathus: (( Crud, I suppose I’d actually have to talk to the slave trader to find out how much… ))
    • Lowurra III of Kashykk diplomatically holds
      in his comments until away from Bargos and then says…



    Mathus: (( wookie "What a giant phallus." ))





    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rrrawwwwwrr (No slaves! If we must we can attempt to free them, but no slave sets foot on our ship… or their master loses theirs!)
    Jaana: "Mathus does seem to have eyes for the lek’ku…"
    Mathus: "Hmm?"
    • Mathus glances at Lowurra.

  • Taliq shrugs





  • Taliq: "Fair enough. Nothing a slave can do that we can’t anyway."
    Mathus: "Just debating whether we could/should buy and free some."
    Mathus: "The twi’lek rebels might like a few extra men… or women…"
    • Mathus grimaces a moment.





    Taliq: "Let’s get our paycheck before spending it…"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( what’s sense motive here anywway? ))
    a pleasure slave dances up on a chain while you talk
    Mathus: "Still have some from our last payment. Er… you know what the average cost of a twi’lek slave is anyway?"
    • Mathus glances at Vale.








    Pleasure slave:

    ‘Master, there a re a number of things
    i can do that I’m sure this Twi’lek would have trouble with…"







    Taliq: "Too much."
    Mathus: "What?"
    • Mathus glances up at the pleasure slave,
      frowning.






    Taliq: "Watch it sister! Or I’ll show you what I CAN do…"
    • Taliq grins and cracks her knuckles

  • Pleasure slave scowls, dances off as her
    master walks away


  • Mathus sighs, groans, rubs his forehead.





  • Taliq: "Don’t worry about it. Most slaves are treated well."
    • Taliq grits her teeth





    Taliq: "Daylight’s burning’"
    Mathus: "Yes, let’s go. That idea gets stupider the more exposure I get to it…"
    Pleasure slave: (( Lowurra, Sense Motive could be a couple of things; Discipline or Vigilance come to mind ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: rrrrawr (The yoke of a chain is never comfortable)
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( that old saying loses something in the translation ))
    Mathus: "I don’t know, that one seemed pretty arrogant for a slave."
    • Taliq nods and looks solemn





    Taliq: "Of course Lowurra, I’m sorry."
    Mathus: (( Hmm, what knowledge roll would it be to know the average price of a twi’lek slave? ))
    Jaana: "So can we go put some Space beneath our feet now?"
    Pleasure slave: (( Hmm, Sounds Streetwise -ish ))
    Pleasure slave: (( Average? Hard? ))
    Taliq: "The difference between a Twi’Lek slave and a Wookiee slave is that the Twi’Lek was enslaved by her own…"
    Pleasure slave: (( Hard, I think. Doesn’t sound like common knowledge ))
    Mathus: (( Could I roll Underworld knowledge instead of Streetwise? ))
    Pleasure slave: (( yeah, sure ))
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Underworld Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage2</image>
    Pleasure slave: (( OK. I don’t have hard numbers (yet), but… Twi’leks are well known for their high charisma and beauty. A Twi’lek would generally command a higher price (150-200%) ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( heh – just know that I’ll rip mathu’ arm off if, you know, he’s lying and all ))
    Mathus: (( Does Mathus really look like a slaver? ))
    Taliq: (( Pretty sure mathus wants to free a slave ))
    Mathus: (( …Well, then again, I bet you didn’t expect him to run over people with a bulldozer either. ))
    Taliq: (( Maybe hoping that the slave will be "really grateful" :P ))
    Mathus: (( :p ))
    Mathus: (( Mmm… they probably cost more than a blast rifle, right? ))
    Pleasure slave: (( Twi’leks also get that anti-heat bonus, so they make better workers ))
    Mathus: (( Well, a typical slave would cost more than a blaster rifle, right? ))
    Pleasure slave: (( probably. Maybe not much more, though? Like the value of a used vehicle? ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, too much. MOVING ON. ))
    Pleasure slave: (( how much did Luke get for his speeder? ))
    Mathus: "Yeah, let’s go. Was a stupid idea anyway."
    Taliq: (( Enough to book passage on the fastest ship in the galaxy! ))
    • Mathus glances at Taliq a moment, keeps his
      mouth shut.






    Taliq: "It’s not our problem."
    Pleasure slave: (( I’m curious now. What did Obi Wan promise up front? 4k? ))
    • Mathus frowns, but stays silent as they
      reboard their ship.



    Pleasure slave: (( Wookieepedia says the
    X-34 is worth 2500 used ))






    Taliq: "We can pay you two thousand now, plus fifteen when we reach Alderaan."
    Taliq: (( Quote from the movie ))
    Jshock-GM: (( so 3k for a twi’lek "companion" feels about right to tme ))
    Mathus: (( K. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( bigger money than most people drop on a regiular basis, but not unachievable ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, way too pricey for Mathus. And hard to justify. "Let’s buy a slave for the price of a good set of armor! ))
    Mathus: (( Anyway, onto the Bronze Bantha? ))
    Taliq: (( Onward!! To Victory!! ))
    The party hits the spacelanes; making the jump is trivial, since they have coordinates…
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and the wild winds of fortune shall carry us onward, with so ever they bloooow. Wither so ever they blow, onward to glory we go!!!!! ))
    Jshock-GM: (( cutting tokens ))
    Mathus: (( Arg, was thinking of stopping by Ryloth first to try and pick up a Oridium expert, but guess not. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( You want to? ))
    Taliq: (( Not a terrible idea, none of us know anything about mining XD ))
    Taliq: (( Then again, we don’t really need to ))
    Taliq: (( If the mine is making money, it’s in working order :P ))
    Mathus: (( Mathus would like to. ))
    • Mathus ‘s argument would be, since the
      twi’leks mine spice, they might know someone who’s an expert in mining
      Oridium… or mining period.



    Jshock-GM: (( Give me a sec, I’m making a
    token ))



    Taliq: (( It’ll cost us ))


    Mathus: (( Vale, Lowurra, Jaana, your thoughts?
    Swing by Ryloth for a mining expert, or just go straight to the job? ))


  • Jaana thinks its up to the pilot… :P


  • Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( well ))


    Taliq: (( Also I think the job is more about
    beating up the miners to get the 100K :P
    ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( that depends on if
    they really want this mine to be a mine ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and not just a money
    laundering operation… ))









    Taliq:

    "If he wanted a mining expert to
    inspect the mine, he’d have hired a mining expert. He hired us."







    Vale:
    • Vale shrugs
    Taliq: (( Haha good point Jaana ))
    Vale: "I just fly…"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rraaawawr (Either way for me, but I think Taliq may have the right of it… that said – do we have the ability to do any kind of analysis if we DON’T have one?
    Jaana: "Our wits."
    Mathus: "I can look up what I can on the way there."
    Taliq: "I expect the miners will know how well the mine works."
    Jshock-GM: (( so no? ))
    Mathus: (( Nope, doesn’t sound like it. ))
    • Mathus will just look up what info he can on
      Oridium mining on the way there.



    Taliq: (( If it turns out we need one I’ll
    laugh :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( OK. Let me try this again… ))


    Jshock-GM: (( everyone here? This is the map
    that was worrying me ))



    Mathus: (( Oridelve complex? It’s loaded, I’m
    good. ))



    Taliq: (( 31 assets, yikes! ))


    Taliq: (( But yes, it loaded ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yeah. I’t big. ))

  • Mathus spends plenty of time sparring with
    Taliq, going over mechanics with her, and so forth on the trip there.


  • Jshock-GM waits for the rest of the crew to
    chime in






  • Taliq: "Not bad, but you’re moving your feet too much…"
    Taliq: (( lol, Mathus probably has a higher brawl XD ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( I’m in ))
    • Jaana has finished customizing her laminate
      to a more camo-style, rather than dull dark grey…



    Taliq: (( But I figure Mathus has raw
    talent, while Taliq has experience ))



    Jshock-GM: (( OK, the gang’s all here ))


    No voice hails you as you approach the complex; just an automated
    signal indicating the mine is closed to visitors. However, a nav beacon
    directs your ship to a small landing pad located next to a squat bunker,
    buried into the hillside on one of the planet’s northern highland
    plateaus. The pad is a light gray circle of duracrete lined with
    blinking red lights and marked with faded and cracked yellow paint. The
    remains od an old treadwell repair droid lie rusting nearby, its many
    spindly arms resembling the husk of a dessicated spider. A sparkling
    pressure curtain encloses the pad, keeping the hostile atmosphere of
    Gavros at bay. A covered walkway leads off the pad and up to the
    bunker’s entrance.



    Mathus: (( Yep. ))


    Jshock-GM: (( I’m thinking Cloud City music
    here, if I had a soundtrack ))



    Taliq: (( I’m on it! ))





    Mathus: "…I’ve got a baaaad feeling about this…"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rawwrrr (I have a baaaad feeling about this)
    Mathus: (( jinxed ))
    Mathus: "You said it, Lowurra."
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( let the wookiee win ))
    Mathus: "So… we assume the miners are all dead and its invaded by hostiles?"
    Taliq: "Oh please. How dangerous can a bunch of scruffy miners be?"
    Jaana: "Let’s get to it…" she somments, readying her rifle and proceeding inwards cautiously…
    Set before you are a large pair of durasteel airlock doors. To the left of the doors, there is a small window, though you can’t see what lies beyond it; scorch marks and charring mar the glass at chest height.
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( question – on the flight we’d heal right? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Strain, yes… wounds, probably. 1 per day, + whatever Jaana can heal ))
    Mathus: (( Yeah, I assume Mathus got 3 days of healing… ))
    Taliq: "Scorch marks could be from welding or malfunctioning mining equipment…?"
    Mathus: "Not with our luck."
    • Taliq starts looking uncertain

  • Mathus pulls out his blaster pistol.

  • Taliq unslings her blaster carbine


  • Jshock-GM: (( who’s doing what? ))


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and we were in transit
    for more than 2 days ))






    Mathus: Mathus recovers all Wounds!
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( weeee ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Lowurra III of Kashykk recovers all Wounds!
    Taliq: Taliq recovers 1 Strain
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah, I don’t think anyone got too busted up ))
    • Mathus will have to go in front to open the
      doors, I assume.


  • Lowurra III of Kashykk takes out his….
    walking stick


  • Jaana covers the rest as they deal with
    doors…






  • Lowurra III of Kashykk: Rawwrrrr (The difference between you and me is I make this look good0
    • Taliq wathces Mathus’ six

  • Lowurra III of Kashykk cane-struts his way in


  • Taliq: (( XD ))


    The large airlock doors hiss open at your command.


    Jshock-GM: (( hmm, maybe reveal vis on move
    is busted in b87… ))



    Taliq: (( Easy enough to do manually ))


    Taliq: (( Seems to break every other release :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( you guys can go ahead and move
    – reveal, anyway ))



    This spacious and brightly lit room is richly firnished with
    comfortable armchairs, massive well worn couches, and a dark hardwood
    table. A dejarik set lies in one corner, its flickering playing pieces
    deployed in their starting positions. Holographic scenes of lush
    temperate landscapes and wild overgrown swamps decorate the walls.



    tic… tic… tic…


    Mathus: (( …What’s the ticking noise? ))


    Taliq: (( A clock I assume :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( go ahead and Perception ))





    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 1
    Taliq:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage2</image>
    Mathus: (( 1 success… ))
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 0
    Taliq: (( We’re real perceptive tonight ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 3
    Jaana: (( its the 6 Light Side poitns.. we’re getting reckless :P ))
    Jshock-GM: (( you’re guessing it’s a cooling pipe in the walls. That’s when it hits you: this place is dead quiet, save for the howling winds kept at bay. ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( boom – perceptive wookiee ))
    Jaana: ^ the monocle helps th drookie
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: Raaawr (It’s quiet… tooo quiet)
    Mathus: "…Very."
    Taliq: "Open it"
    • Mathus looks for a place he can hack into
      the security feeds.






    Jaana: "so.. try the next set of doors."
    • Taliq gestures at the door with her gun

  • Mathus opens it.


  • Jshock-GM: (( to the south? ))


    Taliq: (( To the south ))


    Mathus: (( Yeah. There another set of doors to
    the east? ))



    Taliq: (( That’s the east I assume ))


    Taliq: (( Because it’s to the right :P
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( also a set of doors NE ))

  • Taliq checks the corners


  • This large and brightly lit room is markedly clean compared to
    most canteens you’ve seen. Rows of grey plastoid chairs and tables rest
    on shining, polished floors, and racks of trays and crockery line the
    walls. A multi armed cook droid busies itself behind the counter,
    turning, checking, and seasoning various dishes with its numerous
    appendages.

    In the main dining area of the canteen, four dead
    human males sit at one of the tables. Each appears to have suffered
    close range blaster wounds. One corpse is face down in his soup bowl.


  • Mathus starts groaning.





  • Chef: "Hi! Hard day at the mines?"
    Taliq: "Looks that way…"
    Jaana: "Get some backbone, Mathus. See what you can do with the Droid."
    Mathus: "We need to check the security footage. Where’s the security room?"
    Chef:
    • Chef emits an "error" tone
    Chef: "What can I get you folks?
    Taliq: "Answers."
    Chef:
    • Chef is busy flipping griddle cakes, tending
      to strips of meat, etc
    Jaana: "Your dinner guests seem to hve had visitors. You have any details?"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: rraaaww (When was the last time someone ordered a meal?)
    • Mathus grumbles, tries to figure out what
      jurryrigging he can do to get some answers not food-related from the
      droid.






    Chef: ‘The brothers? Why don’t you ask them yourself?"
    Taliq: (( lol it’s Kryten ))
    Jaana: "They seem to be dead tired…"
    Taliq: (( BOOM ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Computers, Mathus… Easy ))
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Computers Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage1</image>
    Chef: "HArd day in the mines."
    Mathus:
    Difficulty </image> Skill Check
    Success </image> 0 Failure</image>1
    Mathus: (( 2 successes, 1 advantage. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( It’s a simple droid… it might not know anything outside of flippin’ burgers. Also, it’s possible it might react like it’s being stolen if you try messing with it. ))
    • Jaana covers the doors whilst the techie
      works






    Taliq: "I’ll have some of that steak."
    • Mathus sighs, shakes his head.





    Chef: "On it!"
    • Taliq shrugs





    Taliq: "What, it looks good"
    Mathus: "Probably too dumb to help us with anything short of a meal."
    Chef:
    • Chef goes in the back to retrieve some
      ingredients
    • Mathus tries to check how old the soup is.


    Mathus: (( Trying to figure out how long ago
    these guys were shot. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( hmm… ))


    Taliq: (( Can Jaana estimate time of death
    using medicine? :P
    ))



    Tygaran is disconnected.


    Taliq: (( I guess not! :3 ))


    Jshock-GM: (( yeah. Let’s call it Normal for
    Medicine (checking the bodies) and Hard Perception (checking the soup).
    ))



    Jshock-GM: (( aaaand my other monitor is
    preparing to die. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( We’ll just wait for Tyg, then
    I’ll repeat that ))






    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Perception Check
    Success </image> 2
    • Mathus is a soup-checker.


    Taliq: (( Good work Rimmer ))


    Jshock-GM: (( You’re guessing the soup du
    jour is no less than a day old. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( It is in fact gaspautcho soup.
    ))






    Mathus: "They’ve bene dead less than a day."
    Mathus: "So odds are whoever killed them is still here."
    Taliq: (( XD ))
    • Mathus tries to figure out where the
      security room would probably be here.






    Taliq: "That’s good. Maybe they can give us some answers…"
    Mathus: "Or shoot us repeatedly."
    Tygaran has connected.
    Jshock-GM: (( yeah. Let’s call it Normal for Medicine (checking the bodies) and Hard Perception (checking the soup). ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Mathus has determined the soup is no more than a day old ))
    Tygaran: normal.. as is one or 2d?
    Jshock-GM: 2d
    Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Medicine Check
    Success </image> 2
    • Jaana gets an estimate…


    Jshock-GM: (( you’re guessing you can narrow
    it down to more like 4-6 hours ))






    Chef:
    • Chef returns
    Jaana: "Less then half day, quarter of oen tops…"
    Chef: "Steak, coming up!"
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: raaawr (we should probably be investigating then)
    Taliq: "Thanks!"
    Taliq: "I’ll take this to go…"
    Chef: "Excellent choice! 10 credits, please…"
    Jaana: "See if it’ll let you do a sweep back in there." motions to the doorway behind the bar
    Chef: "How are you gentlemen doing, by the way? Enjoying your meals?"
    Taliq: "The brothers are gonna get me this time, and I’ll get them tomorrow…"
    • Taliq gestures to the dead miners





    Chef:
    • Chef /me adresses the bodies
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    Tygaran is disconnected.
    • Mathus nods, goes for the back door, checks
      the kitchen stores…






    Chef: "Excellent!"
    Taliq: "We should try that other door in the ante chamber…"
    • Taliq sniffs the steak to make sure it’s not
      rancid



    Tygaran has connected.


    Jshock-GM: (( Steak smells gooood. ))

  • Jaana finds a vantage potin to observe both
    rooms



  • Jshock-GM: (( Looks like a standard issue
    food storage area, Mathu ))



    Mathus: (( No other entrances? ))





    Mathus: "Nothing back there, let’s check the other doorway."
    Chef:
    • Chef gets back to work
    • Taliq chomp chomp chomp


    Mathus: (( Hmm, would it be considered cruel to
    send the chefbot to his death? ))






    Taliq: "Thanks brothers! See you tomorrow…"
    Jaana: (( just switch him off… ))
    Unknown command: "oo, Oh, question… did you actually want to bring VEX with you?". Try /help for a list of commands.
    • Taliq slings her carbine so she can eat her
      steak with one hand, and open the door with the other



    Jshock-GM: (( Oh, question… did you
    actually want to bring VEX with you? ))



    Taliq: (( lol we keep forgetting about that
    droid ))



    Taliq: (( Poor NPC companions, so oft
    overlooked ))



    Mathus: (( I’ll leave it up to Lowurra. ))


    Tygaran says to the GMs: Jaana gains 10


    Jshock-GM: (( That door doesn’t open… it
    seems to be mechanically locked. ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( hurm – without him no
    communication ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( but with him,
    vulnerability ))



    Jshock-GM: (( yeah. Plus he isn’t
    particularly sneaky ))






    Jaana: "I’m passing fair with mechanicals, but no pro…"
    Taliq: "B-ggr… M-th-ss," Taliq says with a mouthful of food
    • Mathus comes up.


    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( what do you guys
    think? ))



    Mathus: (( Mechanics or Skulduggery? ))

  • Taliq points at the door, then licks her
    fingers



  • Mathus: (( Leave him back on the ship, I’d say.
    ))






    Lowurra III of Kashykk: I mean, worst to wort – you could translate…
    Mathus: (( Doubt we’ll be doing much communication here. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Skulduggery. Or you could just bash it down with Athletics ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( aight – leave him at the ship then I guess ))
    Mathus: (( Does my Electronic Lock Breaker give me a boost here? ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( we really need to figure out a way just to have his head…. maybe on some kind of chain ))
    41-VEX:
    • 41-VEX "I will await your return, masters…"
    Taliq: (( Wear it on a giant gold chain around your neck XD ))
    Taliq: (( BLING IT UP ))
    Jshock-GM: (( No, it’s a mechanical lock ))
    Mathus: (( Okay, difficulty? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Looks Average ))
    Jaana: (( resign its head to a semi flat circle with blinking lights. ( beede beedee ) ))
    Mathus:
    Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Skullduggery Check
    Success </image> 0 Advantage1</image>
    Mathus: (( Damn. ))
    Jshock-GM: No luck
    • Mathus fiddles with the lock a moment,
      frowns.



    Mathus: (( Advantage to the Athletics check to
    break it down? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Sure ))


    Taliq: (( Sounds like a drookiee check ))


    Mathus: (( Actually, Mathus has a higher
    Athletics. ))



    Jshock-GM: (( You point out the weak spots ))

  • Taliq takes another bite of steak





  • Lowurra III of Kashykk: raaaaawr!!!! (Brawl check maybe?)
    Mathus: (( Lowurra, you want to aid me for another boost? ))
    Mathus: (( Also, difficulty of the Athletics checK? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Hard… but you’re assisting each other ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( and to give you an advantage do I roll difficulty as well, or simply my test? ))
    Mathus: (( I think the advantage’s automatic. ))
    Mathus: (( So +2 boost vs 3 purple, right? ))
    Mathus: (( Think I should spend a Destiny point to upgrade my roll? ))
    Jshock-GM: (( It can work one of two ways; if you can do it, use one guy’s stat and the other’s skill. If that’s not advantageous, it’s just a boost. ))
    Mathus: (( Just a boost. I’m 1/3, he’s 0/3. ))
    Jshock-GM: (( yes, it’s an automatic boost ))
    Lowurra III of Kashykk:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Ability </image> Athletics Check
    Success </image> 2 Advantage1</image>
    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( booost away ))
    Jshock-GM: (( OK, +2 boost, Upgrade. ))
    Mathus: (( No upgrade. Not spending a Destiny on it. ))
    Mathus:
    Ability </image> Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Athletics Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage1</image>
    CRASSSSSHHH!!!
    This small office room contains a desk and a sturdy metal chair. The room is dingy, illuminated only by a flickering desk lamp; the other lights have been smashed, and tiny bits of glass crunch underfoot. A blotchy smear of some dark liquid stains the carpet.
    Mathus: (( Er… east door. ))
    • Mathus was aiming for the east door.


    Jshock-GM: (( oh ))


    Jshock-GM: (( pretend you wanted to do
    both… ))



    Lowurra III of Kashykk: (( have to go AFK for a
    few ))



    Mathus: (( Okay. ))


    Tygaran is disconnected.


    Tygaran is disconnected.


    Mathus: (( Didn’t even realize there was a door
    up there. ))



    Mathus: (( Is there a computer in the office
    room? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( there is not. ))


    Tygaran has connected.


    Mathus: (( What skill/difficulty to identify the
    dark liquid? ))



    Jshock-GM: (( Looks organic… ))


    Jaana: (( if it’s red – it’s blood ))


    Jshock-GM: (( It’s reddish? Doesn’t look
    like blood, exactly… ))






    Jaana: "All signs indicate the assailants were known here. Got the drop on everyone."
    Taliq: "S-ms f-r…"
    • Taliq om nom noms





    Mathus: "Hmm?"
    • Mathus glances at Taliq.

  • Taliq swallows and tries again





  • Taliq: "I said, that seems fair."
    • Mathus hmms, checks the liquid on the
      carpet. (Skill/difficulty to identify?)


  • Jaana takes a closer look at the smear…
    just to be thorough…






  • Jaana:
    Ability </image> Proficiency </image> Proficiency </image> Boost </image> Difficulty </image> Difficulty </image> Medicine Check
    Success </image> 3 Advantage1</image>
    Taliq: "That they got the drop on everyone… We should bring that droid with us when we leave…"
    Jaana: "It’s your favorite infamous adversary Low… Trandoshan…"
    Taliq: "Never met a Trandoshan I liked…"
    • Taliq takes another bite of steak


    Jshock-GM: (( I misread my blurb… office
    doors were unlocked, east and canteen doors were locked. Everything’s
    open now ))






    Taliq: "N-xt d-r?"
    Mathus: (( K. ))
    Taliq: (( LOL ))
    • Mathus nods, busts down the door as stated
      above.






    Mathus: CRASH
    • Jaana sneaks to the next visible corner and
      peeks around…









    Jaana: Jaana removes all Critical Injuries!
    Jshock-GM: (( You can see a large door to your right, and three smaller doors to the north marked with the universal symbols for refreshers… Another door towards the far end, where the corridor turns ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Yeah, not sure how everyone ended up with hamstrung ))
    Taliq: Taliq removes all Critical Injuries!
    Taliq: (( haha, didn’t see that ))
    Mathus: Mathus removes all Critical Injuries!
    Jshock-GM: (( Doors all along the corridor ))
    Jshock-GM: (( Plus a T in the middle ))
    • Mathus checks the nearest door first.


    The carpet of this room is threadbare, and the walls stained with
    the telltale patina of tabac smoke.Comfortable but aging chairs nestle
    up around wooden tables piled high with the informal detrius of social
    gatherings; mugs with the resdue of cold caf, half-smoked cigarras, and
    decks of well thumbed sabbac cards.Postcard sized pics of home planets
    and long-lost sweethearts are tacked up to the walls, along with a
    rather large and vulgar poster of a scantily clad Trandoshan.



    Taliq: (( … Tranny porn? :3 ))

  • Jaana carefulyl sweeps the room

  • Taliq keeps an eye on the cooridoor while
    munching



  • Jshock-GM: (( the nothing in the room
    remains stationary. ))


  • Mathus moves on.





  • Mathus: "…Where do you think they put the trandoshen’s body?"
    • Mathus checks the next door in line.





    Jaana: "Wounderd prisoner mayhap."
    Jshock-GM says to the GMs: </div> <div> You say to the GMs: <span class=">5
    This room is rather bland. A pair of beds lie in the corners; a refresher closet lies along one wall. A table between the beds holds a pair of reading lamps, and is littered with personal momentoes and knicknacks.
    Slash Command Aliases Description
    addtokenstate tsa Add a new token state that can be set on tokens.
    alias alias Create an alias.
    clear clr, cls Clear the message panel.
    clearaliases Clear all aliases.
    color cc Change your chat text color via macros. Color must be in hexadecimal format. Example: /cc #ff0099
    emit e Broadcast text to all connected players without indicating who sent it (GM only command).
    emote me Broadcast an emote to all connected players.
    emotes mes Broadcast plural emote to all connected players.
    gm togm Send to GMs exclusively.
    goto g Goto location or token. /goto X,Y or /goto tokenname.
    help h Display list of available commands.
    impersonate im Speak as if you were something/one else.
    loadaliases Load a file that contains aliases, one per line, with a : between the name and the value (just as if you were typing it in).
    loadtokenstates tsl Load all of the token states from a file.
    ooc ooc Out-Of-Character chat
    reply rep Reply to the last player to whisper to you.
    roll r Roll and broadcast the result to all connected players.
    rollgm rgm Roll and broadcast the result to all GMs.
    rollme rme Roll and show the result only to me.
    rollsecret rsec Roll and broadcast the result to only the GMs and hide the result even from yourself.
    savealiases Save all current aliases to a file. See "/loadaliases" to load them back in.
    savetokenstates tss Save the current set of token states to a file.
    say s Broadcast a message to all connected players.
    self self Send a message only to yourself.
    settokenproperty stp Set the property of a token.
    settokenstate sts Set a state value on a token.
    table tbl Run a table lookup. Usage: /tbl <tablename> [value to lookup, can be a dice roll]
    tmacro tm Run the given macro on the currently selected tokens.
    tsay ts Say the given speech on the currently selected tokens.
    whisper w Send a message to a specific player.
    • Mathus carefully continues checking each new
      door in a thorough fashion until they find something
      interesting/threatening.



    Mathus: (( Fast-forwarding until we hit clues or
    a gunfight. ))



    Tygaran is disconnected.


    2,
    6,
    4,
  • <span><font color=">(( at some point I have to post
    all these chat logs, but I keep ending up busy ))
  • Debts to Pay - Session 4

    Tales from the Outer Rim Jshock Xie